[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he go on about thesis and antithesis if the legion's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (151 KB, 320x294) Image search: [Google]
image.png
151 KB, 320x294
Why did he go on about thesis and antithesis if the legion's whole shtick is conquering a group and destroying their culture so they'll adopt the ways of the Legion? Does the NCR get special treatment or something?
>>
>>344970609
He's an old bastard with a brain tumor and an ego the size of Jupiter.

He's all like technology is evil until he actually fucking needs it.

This rambling self important blowhard bullshit is exactly in character for that asshat.
>>
All the other tribes he conquered were small and haven't developed anything worthwhile for the Legion.
But the NCR is a mighty nation that would inevitable change the Legion once it's conquered, Caesar just accepts that and is ready to do what he must to make his Legion survive.
>>
>>344970868
Also what this anon said: >>344970753
Caesar is pretty hypocritical.
>>
>>344970753
No, you're an idiot who didn't understand him.
>>
>>344970609
Hes just a rockfucker who read books about the roman empire. He has the intelligence of a high schooler and his sub par intelligence can lead his subhuman rockfuckers.
>>
>>344970609
I like Legion but Caesars thinking of Texhnology is fucking bad... why doesn't he WANT an elite centurion Power Armor unit weilding large phalanx shields, custom claymore blades of the east and miniguns? Spears and machetes are no fucking match to superior Power Armor, robots and energy weapons.
>>
>>344971164
>rockfuckers
This made me chuckle
>>
Free Vegas > NCR > House > Legion
>>
File: 1464554957797.png (220 KB, 1198x1260) Image search: [Google]
1464554957797.png
220 KB, 1198x1260
Posting definitive pic
>>
>>344971590
>a non biased list
Wut
How is that even possible?
>>
Unrelated to Op, but having House, one man in power forever, seems like a bad idea in the long run. He may be brilliant, but that doesnt keep him from fucking up. What happens if his mind starts deteriorating somehow?
>>
>>344970609
>Why did he go on about thesis and antithesis

It's a Hegelian idea popularized through Marx's writings more that history is made in steps mostly of movements, ideas and groups forming themselves and then forming their own antithesis which comes to overtake them and form something new out of the conflict.

Caesar believes his Roman dictatorship based military society is the answer to the NCR's attempt to reinstate old world blues inspired corrupt democracy and out of the Hegelian conflict they will have some new form of society will arise that can better deal with the troubles of the wasteland. The only problem with this idea of course is that history is not a linear conflict between two sides and opportunists like the Brotherhood, House and the Enclave still exist to muddy the waters of the larger conflict in the Mojave. Among other problems like the fact that roman dictatorship came out of corrupt Roman democracy so the Hegelian conflict he wants actually already occurred in history and brought us to where we are and were in the alternate timeline of the Fallout games.
>>
>>344971871
Even with that he was one of the contributing factors to the the war. Nothing he wants should ever be accomplished.
>>
>>344970609
Don't forget he was NCR citizen in his childhood. If you want to be an evil emperor of course having your old country as a final boss seem cooler in your adolescent head. Also he had always disdained the tribal, hated studying their language etc.
>>
>>344971871
All the endings have it's ups and downs.
NCR has strenght, but also is corrupted.
Legion might be for a future greater good, but it's harsh.
House has a big hopes and dreams, but it's just one man.
Free Vegas has only you, a single Courier, in charge of handling an entire state's economy and society, and your Courier might either be a genius or a retard.
>>
Maybe I don't remember the game too well, but I thought he wanted the NCR to win. He just wanted to force the NCR to get its shit together in order to beat the Legion.

Except he's going to die and that other dude who doesn't think the same way will take over.
>>
>>344971871
>What happens if his mind starts deteriorating somehow?

The game actually addresses this question and he like the men hes based on like Walt Disney and even more So Howard Hughes actually has severe mental health issues if you read his computer terminals in the Drill Building in the outskirts of North Vegas (freeside). So even without deterioration he already has severe mental instability problems.

In his slight defense he can be asked why he didn't become a ghoul or put his brain in a robot body like those tards in Point Lookout and he will tell you because he wanted to try and preserve his sanity as best as he possibly could through the best technology available.
>>
>>344971590
Rather accurate.
>>
File: Enclave.jpg (203 KB, 800x964) Image search: [Google]
Enclave.jpg
203 KB, 800x964
Why are they so perfect?
>>
>>344971590
>that legion description
80% of the time legion "players" are just doing its playthrough for shits and giggles.
>>
>>344972389
>perfect
>had their super soldier literally destroyed by a tribal
>>
>>344971994
if only he put hos dialectic on a matirialistic scale then the world would be a better place
>>
>>344972513
I did it for the achievements only, even loaded up an earlier save so i wouldn't go throught the hassle of replaying the whole game
>>
>>344972609
noticeing a typo right before you post is the worst thing
>>
>>344972549
>perfect
>had their super soldier literally destroyed by a mary sue
Fixed that for you
>>
>>344971590
NCR best path.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 347x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 347x424
>>344972513
Well not me. Frumentarii roleplay was the only way to truly enjoy Legion playthrough in vanilla game as their quests are so limited (unless you go for "kill every NCR npc you see" self-made quest). It also make conversations with Ulysess made a lot of sense.
>>
>>344972360

H&H is House's brother's company iirc. So the terminals weren't about him.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 283x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 283x520
>"The world needs Caesar more than it needs you."
>That sad, disappointed "Goodbye, courier."
Betraying companion is always the best evil thing to do in RPG.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.