[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: pokimon.jpg (102 KB, 503x865) Image search: [Google]
pokimon.jpg
102 KB, 503x865
Why is this a thing?
>>
>>344969649
Mobile streaming seems like a massive pain in the ass.
>>
File: forwhatpurpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
forwhatpurpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
>>344969649
why
>>
>>344969649
Has to do with being hack frauds, mostly.
>>
Autism
>>
>>344969649
I am curious now. How would a stream like that work?
Isn't the whole game just walking around doing your daily life thing and occasionally taking your phone out to make a picture when it buzzes or something?
>>
File: 1447945850998.jpg (27 KB, 480x321) Image search: [Google]
1447945850998.jpg
27 KB, 480x321
>>344969649
>Saw somebody with a stroller playing GO at like 3 AM in the park a few days ago

>Thought they were just irresponsible parents

I'm not sure which is worse tbqh
>>
>>344970797
>Isn't the whole game just walking around doing your daily life thing and occasionally taking your phone out to make a picture when it buzzes or something?

No, you have to have the app open while you're walking. It basically makes your phone useless for doing other shit while on the move, which is why I played it for an hour and deleted it.
>>
>>344970797

see for yourself

twitch tv/previouslyrecorded_live/v/77877704
>>
>>344970405
Le hack fraud meme
ha ha ha
just like every single youtube comment
epic
epic for the win
>>
>>344970918
But the "gameplay" is still you walking around town, and your phone beeps, and you take it out to make a picture? Is there more game than this?
>>
File: 1402791073395.gif (3 MB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
1402791073395.gif
3 MB, 300x278
>>344971026

>Rich was actually seen in public pushing a stroller next to that anthropomorphic bed sheet in his big gay hat.
>>
>>344971131
No

You walk around with your eyes glued to your phone, if you lock your phone or anything the app will stop. It doesn't keep track of you unless you're in the app

I don't play it because I'd rather not have my expensive phone out in the open for anyone to grab, or that I can't really pay attention to everything that's going on around me
>>
>>344971131
You get vague hints on where nearby pokemon are so you can track them, landmarks are marked on the app for you to go to and get items and some landmarks are gyms for you to either fight or help defend depending on which team its controlled by at the time.
You'll very rarely open your phone and muck around with it for 5 minutes unless there's a pokemon right next to you and no others that you want, you'll usually have it out for a long time either tracking pokemon and walking to pokestops/gyms or camping a lured pokestop (which can last 30 minutes)
>>
>>344971131
You can actually catch the pokemon you find. You have limited number of pokeballs, and just toss them with accuracy at the pokemon (the ball must hit them before touching the ground).
Once you catch them, you can power them up with generic resource you get from catching pokemon, and species specific candy you get from catching that species. You can also evolve them for a lot of the species specific candy, or trade useless ones in for candy of their species
Then you can visit a gym and train/battle the pokemon stationed there. Battles happen with the opposing pokemon in the center and yours in a circle around it. You can attack by tapping the other pokemon, dodge opposing attacks by stopping left and right, or use your pokemon's super move which charges up by attacking regularly. Battle goes on until one team faints or you run away
>>
Pre Rec is fucking shit.

Don't bother watching the streams any more unless Jay is on.
>>
>>344969649
So how are they streaming this? Mobile Data? If so I imagine that's a fuck ton of data just for this.
>>
>>344973273
this
I watched their E3 stream for a bit and Rich seemed genuinely miserable. Jack can be annoying, but at the very least he has fun
>>
File: 1428397512380.gif (2 MB, 260x242) Image search: [Google]
1428397512380.gif
2 MB, 260x242
>>344973273
>that fairly recent stream with Jay and no Jack
>>
>>344970918
But goys!
er
Guys!
Nintendo has come up with a $24.99 armband to get around that restriction!
You should get yours quickly, because supplies are sure to run out fast!
Er, what's that goys? ... sorry, guys? "artificially limited supply"?
Everyone should ignore idiot phrases like that, you're a crazy conspiracy theorist and your tinfoil hat's on too tight. "artificially limited supply", that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>344971053
Is this comment replacing memes in the bag?
>>
>>344973576
Yeah using 4G
>>
>>344971053
Hi Rich evans
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.