[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Felt like reinstalling MGSV but then I remembered that you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1101011.png (149 KB, 279x363) Image search: [Google]
1101011.png
149 KB, 279x363
Felt like reinstalling MGSV
but then I remembered that you can't kill anyone or use the fun weapons if you're going to play "the right way".
>>
>>344968405
>autism
>>
>>344968405
>i'm incapable of deciding against my self-imposed rules
what a miserable cage to live in
>>
>>344971206
But he's right.
The game influences the non-lethal way with the use of the Fulton system, which is necessary to play the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 544x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 544x626
>he doesn't know
>>
To be fair, this game should have had more than one save file.
>>
gee it's not like video games are for having fun or anything
>>
>>344968405
>what is FOB
nigga I walk around with the Tornado Revolver trolling other players by wall-to-wall shots or literally haul a whole Platform with a single antimaterial sniper shot
>>
>>344968405
play however the fuck you want, the game will just give you recruits if you don't fulton enough people
>>
File: pray.gif (3 MB, 286x225) Image search: [Google]
pray.gif
3 MB, 286x225
>Have all FOBs maxed out
>Have nothing but S+ and some S++
>Still can't develop most grade 9 gear

And it took hundreds of hours to reach this level. Konami is out of touch with their own game.
>>
>>344971292
not really. It's necessary to beat the game more quickly granted but you don't have to play any one way if you dont want to
>>
>>344974262
as >>344973209 said the game literally gives you recruits for nothing
>>
>>344968405
But in MGSV, the "right way", i.e. S-ranks, are all about speed so the right way is rushing through the mission not giving a flying fuck about anything other than crossing the finish line.
>>
>>344973257
it's just a grinding phonegame with no end in sight.
I restarted the game with the mod that allows me to always be offline and I never went into FOBs. You can still start the online-only cutscene via the same mod so you aren't missing anything
>>
File: seth.jpg (262 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
seth.jpg
262 KB, 642x361
Thought OP was talking about the demon meter.
>>
>>344971640
This.
>>
>>344974679
The what?
>>
>>344974679
that only affects your appearance it doesnt do anything to the gameplay
>>
>>344968405
this is probably the biggest fault of the game and why chaos theory continues to be the king of stealth games

why the fuck give me all the tools and even create the animal based ranking system only to still slap the condescending letter based ranking system on top that basically only nets you S ranks for the same tired pseudo ghost approach
>>
>>344974262
>>344974317
It gives you recruits, but not very good ones and much more slowly. You also lose your ability to stealth as effectively if you kill too much due to the bloody footprints. It takes a good while to reverse, and no one wants to sit there fucking going to a zoo repeatedly. Getting a good score is also not as easy, but to be fair it isn't very hard to get S with lethal. Finally, it just fucking costs more materials and money to use shit you've researched which impacts both lethal and non-lethal play. You might as well call it a day and use a barebones helicopter with a tranq silenced sniper rifle and a tranq handgun. There's nothing really stopping you from playing how you want, sure, but they did the player no favors in this regard (and 100% will probably take longer).

>>344975759
I'd say the alert system still being flawed after all these fucking games, the unfinished story that is closed terribly, repeated "hard" missions being passed off as new missions, extremely repetitive side ops, time-wasting helicopter shit, spoiling credits every mission, shitty no indoor level design, and single boss with 2 repeated mini-bosses really are bigger faults of the game.
>>
>>344973257
Omg did died?
>>
>>344968405
there's no consequences in side ops
>>
File: 1466053798440.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
1466053798440.png
55 KB, 217x190
>>344974423
>Tfw suiting up with rocket launchers, HMGs and the battle dress
>Aerial assault the objective with pequod and exfil before he can even touch the ground to drop me off
Best way to play the game mate, deployment costs are nuts but its worth the fun.
>>
I got 600 hours in this game and you can kill plenty of people if you don't care about demon points. FOB PVP player almost always are all demon players, so are most nuke hunters.

Just play some free roaming or replay missions you already s-ranked if you wanna fuck around with hilarious weapon combinations.

Some of the fun weapons are even eligible for "serious play". Hand of Jehuty is a fucking must-have for FOB raiding.
>>
Also OP,

>disable Steam cloud sync
>backup your game file
>disconnect from the servers
>play out your shenanigans as you wish
>just restore your old file and have the damage be deleted
>>
I mean, it's just like old MGS where you get rewarded for playing the "canon" way of non lethal no alerts.
same thing really.

oh also the biggest flaw of MGS 5 is that it got easier and easier the further you got into it, instead of the traditional way of games getting harder and harder towards the end.
>>
>>344968405
Felt like reinstalling MGSV
but then I remembered it's always online, and FOB notifications will constantly blare on-screen and in my ears, and since I hadn't played since release, all my shit is gone from [offline] invasions.

Fun.
>>
>>344977025
Any time some PC cuck gives a checklist of things to do to make a video game fun I just snicker.

A game should work and be fun by default.
>>
>>344977246
If you've been invaded, your FOB will be blocked for a limited time and thus be protected from further infiltrations.This limits the numbers of infiltrations that have been possible on your FOB since your absence. Additionally, if you ever gave any fuck about your FOB, you should have SOME kind of defense there, meaning that some infiltrators will have fucked up on your FOB, thus grantin you rewards. If you did not care about your FOB, why start caring about it now? If your FOB is low-level, it won't get much attention anyway, because it doesn't hold valuable rewards. Last but not least, the game's not neccesarily always-online. Open the pause menu and disconnect. There you go, play and enjoy the offline-only aspects of the game.
>>
>>344977352
It does work. And fun is subjective. If you wanna fuck around with a game to have fun and if you wanna prefer to NOT play by the rules, then maybe checking boxes off a checklist is EXACTLY what you need to do. Also, MGSV is on 4 consoles too, if I remember correctly. Where this exact same procedure is possible too. So why make this a point about PC gaming?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.