[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any benefits to having a high-end gaming PC ($1000+)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1466759307530.jpg (56 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1466759307530.jpg
56 KB, 640x640
Are there any benefits to having a high-end gaming PC ($1000+) and vive other than to play vidya and render solidworks fast?

I'm searching for reasons to build one
>>
You can use it to bypass the gold account on 4chin.
>>
Not really. Some people just like dumping money into hobbies.

My set up is currently sitting at 3 grand, more if you count the monitors, stands, and other peripherals.
>>
>>344967131
Do you get anything out of it other than gaming?
>>
Do you already have a gaming PC?

If not and you're wondering if you should switch, I'd say absolutely. Most games are available on PC now and at better resolutions, graphical options and controller options (most modern games can be played with any controller, most have button prompts too). Every first party Xbox One game will be coming to PC as an example, plus digital PC games are by and far cheaper than console counterparts.

>Scared to build
Don't be. You cannot place pc parts into the wrong sockets. It won't fit. And despite what you may think holding them, PC parts are pretty durable.

>What should I buy?
http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-build-guide-budget-gaming-pc/
or
http://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-pc/

Tutorial to build...
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-build-a-gaming-pc-a-beginners-guide/

>Do I need to upgrade every few months/years?
No. Not unless you're at a crazy high resolution with multiple monitors.
I've been playing on a 7950 graphics card, 1080 and 60fps for about 3-4 years now. Plus when you do upgrade in 5-8 years, you just buy a new gpu which is cheaper and more powerful than any console.

Also VR is lame atm. Don't recommend unless you have a lot of money to blow. I would rather take a vacation, save or invest than spend it on VR.
>>
>>344967403
I have a laptop I use for solidworks and I can play most games on it (TW3 on high).

I'd just like to play shit on ultra, and eventually vive/oculus shit
>>
>>344966952

Vr is in a testing slump. If it's successful, MS will start dumping games in vr if they haven't already started on some of their main games like forza which will be on pc. The rest of the publishers would likely follow. Most devs are just making short little indie type games and partial support or as I like to say "experiences". Though fallout 4 will be in vr on pc.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/12/11917524/bethesda-e3-2016-fallout-4-htc-vive-virtual-reality

If you're into rape/sex mods then yea it's a good investment.

Personally, you should be waiting for the next headsets anyways

These 1.0 headsets are a test bed as well. Everyone knows consumer aren't gonna want to drop 470+ bucks for vr in general initially. You'll likely start seeing full vr games mid 2017 and that's IF it takes off
>>
>>344967292
Mainly for the following:
>Vidya
>Video Editing
>Archiving dying information or content, like websites that are no longer up or dying torrents
>Storing home movies, photos, and raw footage taken from short films I make or direct. (backups on external HDD) (I film at 1080p, footage at 30fps and home movies at 60fps, so it takes up tons of space)

It's mainly just a something for me to enjoy and pour my wallet into. I already spend a lot of time at my desk, so I decided I might as well make it look nice and excel in all of the tasks I want out of it.

I do other things like use it as a music station, but I'm not good enough at composing music for me to include that as something I really get out of it.
>>
>>344967403
>And despite what you may think holding them, PC parts are pretty durable.
Honestly, my biggest issue with building a PC is being too delicate with parts so that I'm afraid to break them when they just need to be jammed in.
>>
>>344966952
You can use it to shitpost about games taht are ported and how btfo console owners are at high speed
>>
>>344967954
Even after building multiple PCs, I still cringe every time I hear a $600 processor squeak and creak under the pressure I'm suppose to apply to it.
>>
File: 1455403833312.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1455403833312.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>344966952
I fucking love Demo
>>
>>344967403
This is indoctrination tier shit
>>
Where's the new video, Demo?
>>
>>344966952
Not really, majority of the good games now have pretty low requirements.
Building a 1000+ PC is only worth if you fell for the western triple A meme
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.