[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video Game Snipers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
>The slightest buff makes them overpowered
>The slightest nerf makes them useless

Can we agree that snipers in almost every shooters are broken?
>>
>>344955009
They're a pointless addition that only appeal to a certain group of autists that enjoy shooting fish in a barrel. Which is why they'll never be balanced.
>>
>insta kill one shot

if you think that's not broken to begin with you're retarded
>>
>>344955624
One hit kills aren't inherently broken. Now, put it on an infinite range hitscan weapon and you might have a problem
>>
File: shock.gif (1 MB, 213x210) Image search: [Google]
shock.gif
1 MB, 213x210
>People bitch and call a class overpowered even thou it offers only damage.
>>
>>344955009
>Remove the hitscan from the weapon and replace it with a high speed bullet
>Give a fuckton of spread if the weapon was moving while shooting/wasn't using scope

There you go, fixed.
>>
>>344955009
Razorback nerf when?
>>
>>344955009
>Can we agree that snipers in almost every shooters are broken?

That's because almost every shooter has such small levels that proper snipers are not actually useful.
>>
>>344957126
then we have counter strike which has rng based hit detection

epic
>>
>>344955009
I despise snipers, pretty much has the cowardliest playstyle I've ever seen
However if there are proper counters, like shields, or high mobility that can reach their camping spots, then I don't mind them so much
>>
File: 1466686210996.png (656 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
1466686210996.png
656 KB, 569x629
>Unable to jump quickly after shooting from zoom

One thing that bugs me the most from the Sniper nerf
>>
>>344959681
>which has rng based hit detection

Don't all hit scan games have rng based hit detection?
>>
>>344961058
>this is a hitbox
>click here to deliver damage

i don't think so
>>
I hate snipers because no games are big enough to accommodate proper sniper play, besides the battlefield games, and maybe red orchestra
>>
>>344961270
I mean because it hits a random spot in a cone extending outward from the shooter.
>>
>>344955009
The whole idea of the sniper is broken
1 hit kill from any distance
>>
When scoped takes minicrits
Would this balance him?

Then you could buff his smg a bit
>>
>>344961810
That is if they can hit fast jumping targets and aren't flogged by 100 missles
>>
>>344961934
>buff a non sniping gun on sniper class
Why don't you buff shotgun heavy or shovel soldier?
>>
>>344955009
Yes. They are completely broken and I've always hated how every single fps game needs to have a sniper class.
The only people who think snipers are balanced are sniper players and casual shitters. This class has always been a hacker's favorite simply because the skill ceiling is extremely high. The only thing that's stopping a sniper from singlehandedly spawnlocking an entire team is the player's lack of skill.

Snipers in competitive matches in any fps game have always been the top priority targets because they are insanely powerful at the hands of a trained player. People say that you can win short range fights against them but they've obviously never met someone who can flick shot them from 2 meters away.
>>
>>344955009
Just nerf the Razorback.

Boom, done. Now the Spy can actually compete.
>>
>>344955009
TF2 Sniper would be a lot more balanced if he didn't have such strong defensive secondaries.

He's meant to be a glass cannon- he fucks you at range, but you fuck him close-up. Also Spies can evade his hitscan (because he can't see them) to get into close range and kill him while he's distracted, in theory.

Except that Razorback, Darwin's Danger Shield and Jarate allow him to protect himself from Spies, make himself tankier at close range, and have a powerful melee crit combo/weaken enemies/detect Spies respectively.

Razorback, Jarate and Donger Shield should be nerfed a bit to make Sniper a more balanced class and return him to more of a "glass cannon" state.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.