[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legend of Grimrock II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Grimrock 2c.jpg (360 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Grimrock 2c.jpg
360 KB, 1600x900
Can we have a Grimrock thread?

Is it worth getting level 1 fire magic just for the meteor hammer?
>>
File: grimrock2.jpg (716 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
grimrock2.jpg
716 KB, 1920x1080
hello?
>>
>>344954240
DELETE THIS!
>>
>>344952315
You should get fire magic because it's the best magic type.
>>
File: xeen_000.png (24 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
xeen_000.png
24 KB, 320x200
fuck you OP i wont let you let your thread die
>>
>>344955218
But I'm saying for my Minotaur barbarian, to use the meteor hammer you need 1 skill point in fire magic, but it's pretty much a waste for a barbarian.
>>
File: 324.jpg (21 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
21 KB, 300x250
these games are extremely gay
>>
>>344956252
>anime poster hates good games
never would have guessed
>>
>>344956182
Just use ancient claymore, fag.
>>
>>344956407
I read it wrong, you need the fire skill to use the special move of the meteor hammer.
>>
>>344952315
Hard to say. Bane is better period, and Ancient Claymore has the more useful elemental trait. I think Meteor Hammer was made for the war-casters.

On a side note, we ever going to see more single-farmer challenges aside from the one guy on release day?
>>
Grimrock 3 when?

Fishmen / Avian race fucking when?
>>
You need bear form OP
>>
>>344952315
I liked the Scythe for the crits.
>>
>>344956757
I haven't used a bear potion just yet
>>
I just started Grimrock 1. What are useful tips for beginners? I did a 1 Warrior, 1 Thief, 2 Mages party, but I'm kind of regretting my choice. I don't particularly like fumbling around with runes while monsters beat down my front line.
>>
>>344958118
I've only played Grimrock II, but I assume they're very similar.

I wouldn't stress about "rune fumbling". Yea, you'll fumble with it initially, but soon enough it'll become totally second nature, and you'll have tons of the spells memorised. Mages are strong, and extremely useful for when you fight certain element types. Just make sure you keep stock of plenty mana potions, as they'll eat through that shit like crazy.
>>
>>344958118
You can pre-cook spells during your downtime, just dial them in and wait until your next fight

Mages aren't going to attack. load them up with utility items like light sources, rocks or compasses if you do classic mode.

Thief was built to be the back row bowman/throwman. Don't think daggers are worth their salt.

Warriors have a weird growth logic: You get really good swords super fast, axes are the highest damaging weapon in the game, bare-hand is comparable to both and will save inventory space. Choose any, you can't go wrong.

Earth magic sucks, don't touch it.

Fire magic will murder everything

Get better at fumbling around with your mouse period. Inbetween alchemy and other inventory management, you will be constantly doing shit.

Don't bother leveling armor immediately. Dance around enemies. Their AI is idiotic.
>>
File: EoTB.png (20 KB, 360x284) Image search: [Google]
EoTB.png
20 KB, 360x284
>>344958118
Be happy that Grimrock plays the spell animation quick. It was another story in Eye of the beholder where some spells would lock you for 3-4 secs.
>>
>>344958485
>>344958518
Thanks guys, I think I'll just restart with a 2 Warrior, 1 Thief 1 Mage Party.

Doesn't help I pumped earth on one of the mages and thought I'd get some badass rock slinging spells. Turns out you just fart gas and the skellies are immune to it.

I can actually get away with a bare-handed build? How many points into the skill for it to be effective?
>>
>>344958908
I remember my young self to absolutely be engrossed with EotB I and II. Which is the reason I'm giving Grimrock a spin.

Should I replay those I doubt I'd still like them like I did back then.
>>
>>344958990
Bare-hand is serviceable up until you max it out. You won't be doing much damage in general, but you attack way more often. Skill procs will happen more often because of that. Once you get the five-star technique or whatever it's called then you start shitting damage.
>>
>>344959175
If you do, use the all seeing eye for auto map and more save slots.

The game is still "ok" but it is just 12 floors of clicking on your 2 frontliners weapons over and over. I didnĀ“t even use spells on the beholder boss fight.
>>
>>344959215
Alright, I'll be creating a male human warrior and call him Kenshiro.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.