[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
worth $20?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: inside-6.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
inside-6.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
worth $20?
>>
>>344948536
The production quality is some of the best I've seen. Tons of little details. Animations incredibly fluid and specific. Absolutely worth $20 to me, but I've got more money than time. If you're trying to find a game that's at all long lasting, it's not worth it.
>>
>>344948940
Also, to add to my point, I think it's hard to say whether something is "worth it" or not, because everyone's economic and time situation is different.

This game has no replayability, but every moment is unique. It's not long, but it is memorable, and that's worth it to me. Playing a game for 80 hours if you remember 2 of them later on, is a waste of time.
>>
>2 hours long
>made by creators of limbo
no
>>
>>344948536

Depends if you can justify $10 an hour worth of entertainment.

There's heaps of games out there that will give you a lot more bang for your buck.
>>
>>344949997
I don't understand why "gamers" completely discount a game if it doesn't meet a certain length. Length is not the only criteria you should judge a game by. Some games are trying to be something more than simply escapist entertainment that you can use to fill your spare time. It's something that should be applauded; it's nice to have a variety of different experiences from games. Not everything needs to be focused on giving you the most gameplay time per dollar. Some games work best as smaller, more contained experiences. I don't see anyone using the same metric to criticize other forms of media, namely film.
>>
>>344950893
I personally reject short games because I own so many $20 and $30 games that I've sunk hundreds of hours into. That doesn't make the short game bad but it does make me think that there's probably another $20 game out there I could buy that would entertain me for literally 20 times as long.
>>
>>344949736
*yes
>>
Just watch a playthrough you fucking shit
>>
>>344948536
What the fuck is going on in that place? A eugenics lab or something?
>>
>>344951353
But shorter games like Inside and Limbo do not offer the same type of entertainment as a game that you will play for hundreds of hours. It's a completely different experience that's probably more akin to film. It's comparing apples and oranges.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.