[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CONSOLES OFFICIALLY ON LIFE SUPPORT IN JAPAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: CnQg9wsW8AQAHK-.jpg large.png (47 KB, 1047x892) Image search: [Google]
CnQg9wsW8AQAHK-.jpg large.png
47 KB, 1047x892
Next on the chopping block are handhelds.

>Sales from all Handheld/Home Console games combined equaled $2b in 2015.
>Mobile net over $6billion.

Where were you when smart phone gaming became the future of the games industry?
>>
Japans population is in life support.
>>
>>344939328
>smart phone gaming became the future of the games industry?

Not this shitu againu
>>
Now you'll soon know how arcade gamers feel.
>>
>>344939328
>physical game copies vs smartphone games
>not including digital game downloads for consoles
great chart
>>
Good, I want mainstream console gaming to die out so all the mainstream AAA corporate bullcrap can stay permanently on mobile. There will always be a hobbyist market for console/PC gaming, and that's better for quality than having stock market robots make decisions about games.
>>
It's happening in the west too. Maybe we'll finally get good games again because all the companies that are in it for the money, ie all of them, will switch over to mobile. The people who actually will want to make fun and interesting games will still make them for pc and what ever console that is straggling.
>>
OP has a poppy diaper and needs to be changed.
>>
File: ffxv preorders.png (71 KB, 906x645) Image search: [Google]
ffxv preorders.png
71 KB, 906x645
>>344939328
how bad will FFXV flop?
>>
>>344939792
>>344939840
agreed
>>
>consoles die in japan
>jap devs start pandering more to sjws to try and sell more copies in the west
gaming is dead
>>
>>344939792
>>344939840
Or they just die like arcades did.
>>
>>344939792
That is actually not true. Last year AAA gaming gave us The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne, the "hobbist" meme people gave use undertale and hatred. I love to talk shit about big companis as much as the next guy, bit the truth is: without them we have nothing.
>>
>>344940086
maybe people have realized that preordering games is not a good idea
>>
>>344940291

>implying that people suddenly stopped being stupid

I wish anon, I wish.
>>
>>344940086
what the fuck is that graph
>>
>>344939840
>The people who actually will want to make fun and interesting games will still make them for pc and what ever console that is straggling.
If the entire industry and market switches to mobile, indie devs will either have to cut back severely on budgets and ambitions, or also switch to mobile games.

Indie devs aren't going to try to make a living on the weakest part of the market.

How you can possibly see the industry going full mobile as a good thing is beyond me. It makes no sense.

>>344940086
These numbers mean literally nothing.
What are these axes?

Shouldn't you just be comparing the total pre-orders for each title? Why the fuck do you need a graph?
>>
>>344940175
I don't know, if the Vita's catalogue is any indication they could very well continue being isolated and pander to the LN audience.
>>
>>344939792
>>344939840
>this delusion
If you don't have AAA companies to produce AAA games (this goes for Sony/MS/Ninty/Valve along with EA/Ubi/SE/etc.) the industry won't progress.
Yes, that means swallowing the yearly AAA cashgrabs, but you take the good with the bad.

If AAA companies dropped off the market, we wouldn't suddenly be graced with a utopia of quality games and quality games alone.
We'd be faced with a market of indie games and indie games alone. And although there are just as many good indie games among the bad games (like with AAA games), their budget is drastically smaller, meaning less progression for the industry (that goes for graphics/content/support/etc).

If you think consoles and AAA companies are holding your hobby back, imagine what it'd be like with all the money they bring absorbed by smartphones.
>>
>>344939479
This tbqh
>>
>>344939328
>lets grow focusing qith the same userbase and dont bring new blood to gaming
bravo japan
>>
File: 1450879773706.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1450879773706.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>344940630
>with the current economy and costs of doing business every company will have to start pandering to some audience or another
>no one is pandering to me
>>
>>344940561
days to release versus thousands sold
>>
>>344941254
What? i wasn't being salty about japan not appealing to the west.
>>
>>344940248
Not really even the vita has games despise the 3ds would be the better platform to release your games on. Smaller companies always exploit niches.

>>344940248
>>344940249
>>344940993
Fuck you cucks. There is literally a whole world of games outside triple AAA garbage and indie shit.

Example: Vanillaware. A great company that with only 1 million made Dragons Crown. Or Atlus, another company that makes great games with pennies.

Companies like that will always be there. If everything and everyone moves to cellphones, then other companies will fill the empty place for the new niche audience of console/pc gamers.

From the dozens of games I bought during the last year I cant remember a single AAA or indie shit I bought.

AA is always where real gaming was.
>>
>>344940993
Having to work with limitations have made some of the best games in history.

And people would be making them for the love of making them. Just look at cave story. One guy, amazing game. He didn't care if he made it big all he cared about was making a game he wanted.

Money isn't everything. It's a lot of things but it isn't everything.
>>
>>344939694
This, apples and oranges. At least argue with logical comparisons.
>>
The actual brand and size of device games are made on barely matters, as long as the hardware keeps getting better year over year. I don't care if every game I play in 15 years is on the android 19 google-mind interface -- but goddamn I hope this trend doesn't kill controllers, keyboard+mouse and the types of games that take advantage of them.
>>
>>344941707
Wasn't quoting you, I was making a statement. Should have made it clearer though, in hindsight it does look kind of confusing.

Anyway people act like pandering is a bad thing but I don't see what's wrong with it. Expecting every piece of work to be some kind of high art made from nothing but the pure genius and creativity of the people working on it is unrealistic. Pandering only seems bad because those that are being pandered to most of the time are, unsurprisingly, those who are willing to part with their money easily and these people tend to have shit taste and be stupid in general.
>>
>>344941724
Who cares if the faggot loves his game or not? I want it to be good, nothing more than that.
Besides, that is not tje point. That anon is talking about the progress in the industry. A few good games that sell like shit have very small impact on that.
>>
>>344939328

>Where were you when smart phone gaming became the future of the games industry?
I don't remember what I was doing back in 2012.
>>
>>344939328
Are there anygood games for it? I just cant get into it, and i know people even older than me who play on the phone.
>>
>>344942734
Literally one indie game made by less than a dozen people and a budget of less than 1% of a current AAA title has changed the fucking history of gaming and then sold for more than 2 billion dollars. Because all he wanted to do was make a game he liked. Which turned out to be virtual lego. Or does it not count as an impact.
>>
>>344940086

How do you even read that graph.
>>
>>344943676
>literally one indie game
You said it yourself dude. Its just one game. Meanwhile look at all the money sony, nintendo, microsoft, ea, bethesda, rockstar, etc pump into the industry.
>>
>Console games die in Japan
>Console games die with them
>No more games to port to PC in the west
>Just mobile garbage

Yeah but go ahead keep rooting for console to die.
>>
File: smile_haruka.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
smile_haruka.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>344945831

They'll all go to PC! Just trust me.
>>
>>344945831
I don't really care, most of the games Japs are making nowadays are shit anyways.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.