[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good? I wanna buy it, but gameplay and terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Dxcover.jpg (125 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
Dxcover.jpg
125 KB, 362x450
Is this game any good?

I wanna buy it, but gameplay and terrible voice acting makes it look like it is something only nostalgia-fags will recommend.
>>
>>344935225
No, it's not. It's just a meme game.
>>
>>344935225
>terrible voice acting
Have you got a single fact to back that up?
>>
Everything about it is really dated, but it's still kinda fun to play.
>>
>>344935464
Pls explain

>>344935558
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qKzIsisU
This kinda stuff immediately puts me off, but I want an actual, solid opinion as to why it's good/bad
>>
>>344935225
It's basically as clever as Undertale, only tumblr didn't ruin it because it came out before they were born.
>>
>>344935225
One of my favorite games of all time. If this article resonates with you, you will love Deus Ex.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/197021/Warren_Spector_Who_forgot_the_role_in_RolePlaying_Games.php
>>
Game is all about optionsm
It's hard to get going, but once you do you'll be replaying it over and over.
There's so much to do.

>>344935721
The voice acting is terrible, but charming.
JC Denton's iconic monotone voice was intentional to make sure the emotions of the VA didn't carry over to the character, since the game is all about player choices.
>>
>>344935742
Clever as Undertale how?
>>
Name one (1) game with good voice American voice acting.

You can't.
>>
File: 13211.jpg (56 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
13211.jpg
56 KB, 600x706
Just started playing it for the first time ever recently. Now, I love older games and can appreciate them just as much today(if it holds up well Tenchu ;_;) but even so this game impresses me. I can definitely see what the fuss is/was about and can imagine how amazing the game was when it came out.

The funny thing is sometimes you come across things that show its age and you laugh because other things are so far ahead of their time.
>>
>>344937563
Thanks, anon. That gives me a better idea
>>
>>344939453
Just remember though, if it came out today it wouldn't be impressive(some things could be though) but for its time.

It's full of lore which is another plus and a government one wolrd conspiracy story(I find those fun).

I don't know to the extent which your choices matter but if you kill people indiscriminately your brother will express disappointment and others will express support and your character will in kind speak like a douchebag and vice versa.

You should look up a little gameplay video to be sure unless you wanna go in blind. I went in blind but only because of its reputation and I wouldn't have been mad if I ended up disliking it.

Also there is a graphical overhaul mod that changes some things but people recommend to play vanilla first.
>>
>>344940928
It has aged, for sure. I'll recommend installing graphical overhaul even on first run, since textures hurt my eyes these days
>>
>>344941157
Meant for OP
>>
>>344941157
For me the graphics are just fine. And I don't even mean for its time. They are decent to me.
>>
Just saying if you play this and can't enjoy it because it's dated you're a huge faggot. All fault lies on you. I first played it in 2011 fyi
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.