[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How casual am I if I think this game is kind of hard? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 18j16ohq721mqjpg.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
18j16ohq721mqjpg.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
How casual am I if I think this game is kind of hard? I'm doing the thalmor embassy mission, and the thalmor guards and wizards are totally kicking my shit in.
>>
It's a little hard if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
On what difficulty? On the highest difficulty the game is broken as shit
>>
people say it's easy because they only play as a warrior. playing as a mage or a thief is hard as hell in the early levels. and yes thief does have the benefit of archery but that's only assuming you can stay undetected at all times. because if archery is your only combat skill, and you get surrounded by enemies, well i hope you have a recent save.
>>
dual wield is OP as fuck, just run at the enemy of your choice and do the 2 weapon power attack until you are out of stamina, swing until stamina regenerates, and repeat
those wizards can and will fuck you up without magic resistance armor, jesus christ it's so weird taking a hit from a guy with a sword and having almost all damage absorbed because you have the highest armor rating, then having your health halved because a sorcerer shot a blizzard at you. as game design 101 dictates wizards are squishy though so they are priority one. before aggroing the room try to get some sneak attacks with a bow on the wizards, if you have archery and stealth leveled enough you'll tear their boypussies up with how OP stealth attacks are in this game

source:used to play tons of skyrim on 360 back when it came out
i'm sorta hyped for Special Edition since it's free, probably more than most games this year
>>
>>344935035
>he didn't exploit enchanting and alteration to raise his level beyond 200 and get every perk in the game
>>
You can try to bribe them if you have high enough charisma, being a Thalmor yourself lowers this requisite. Not all missions in the game are go from A to B and kill some Draugr/Thalmor/Falmer :^)
>>
>>344935521
Sneak skill increased to 5
Sneak skill increased to 6
Sneak skill increased to 7
Sneak skill increased to 8
And it just keeps going up with each hit till about level 40ish. Then it requires 2 hits. No, sneak is op. I went to that expansion dlc on a fresh character, flung arrows into those ash fucks at the grave in the little town in the beginning and was level 20ish coming out of it. You suck dude.
>>
>>344936172
>exploiting enchanting and alteration to level up
How?
I know that you can make alchemy boosting enchantments and enchantment boosting potions to get in a buff feedback loop until you are able to make potions and items with stupidly powerful buffs but as far as I knew there was no way to buff experience gain

aren't there serious diminishing returns after you hit level 50 too?
>>
>>344936518
no i don't suck. and thief wasn't my only example, try playing as a mage where you can barely handle high level draugr until you're in the late 30's. but most people are too pussy to play as a mage in skyrim because all their butt buddies told them it is underpowered.
>>
The game is hard if you purposefully limit yourself and dont play ideally, but you can break the game fairly easily (as explained in earlier posts). Also increased difficulties basically just make things 1 hit kill punching bags, which just makes it tedious.

I dont know why but increasing the difficult in elder scrolls games doesn't really do it for me, I generally just play through them on normal because I like the lore and atmosphere more than anything, but I can't really bring myself to play through on harder difficulties and actually enjoy the experience, unlike most other games
>>
>>344936841
I always start out at the normal difficulty (adept right?) then turn it up to the highest one once I get to the point where I've broken the game

I remember getting soooo hyped for the Legendary difficulty when they announced that patch because even Master mode was a little too easy for my character.
>>
>>344936751
Conjuration
>>
>>344936570
Get a weeny alteration spell to power level your alteration to 100

Enchant daggers with the most expensive enchantment you have, enchant and sell them out the ass to level your enchantment to 100

Enchant 4 pieces of armor of your choosing with (fortify alteration), each one should take off 25% of the magic usage, meaning you need 0 magic to cast alteration spells.

Go learn the master-level alteration spell, "mass paralysis"

Go to the Jarl's hall in Windhelm, mass paralyze EVERYBODY, reset your alteration to 0 with that "legendary" reset shit they implemented into the game. Because you need no magic, you can continue to mass paralyze everybody in the room at no cost to you to pump your alteration at a ridiculous speed. Keep getting it to 100 to add levels to yourself, keep resetting it, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>344937057
that's a good idea. I usually end up modding the shit out of my game, being happy with it for like 20 minutes until it crashes and then getting bored with tinkering and leaving it for 6 months to a year until I get bored and start itching for some elder scrolls.

Oblivion is still my favourite
>>
>>344937473
I love conjuration. Why fight when you can summon something to do that for you.
>>
>>344935035
The way Skyrim combat works makes the game not take any skill whatsoever. All you have to do is mash lmb until the enemy is dead.

If the enemy is hitting more damage than you, you have to get better gear or level up. That's literally it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.