[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More than half of the difficulty comes from your character being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art[1].jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art[1].jpg
53 KB, 256x330
More than half of the difficulty comes from your character being extremely slow, weak and frail. I'm not attacking the gameplay, but the design choice. You're a half-rotten, pitiful, pathetic zombie against hordes of enemies way more capable than you. Put the average action game character here and he roflstomps everything because the enemies aren't that hot, it's the player character that's been horribly nerfed in comparison to your average action game.

That gives you the feeling of accomplishment that this series is renown for, but at the cost of the player adapting to the required mindset to actually get into this.

It's not for everybody, and a lot of people get burned out and legitimally realize that this is not the holy grail of gaming, but a developer playing you like a fiddle and you falling for it.

Because of so many nerds wanting to be a cool hardened badass and thinking this is the game to prove it, not to mention the trolling capabilities offered by invasions, this series has achieved a cult status and following that is not deserved.
>>
No shit sherlock. Games used to be like that. The game is tough but fair thats all. You cant mash to a million combos neither you press X to win.
>>
>>344934985
Maybe YOUR character was. Mine was a badass killer who steamrolled bosses and took no prisoners. Just git gud.
>>
Sometimes I imagine Raiden in Dark Souls,that would be fire.
>>
>>344936182
Your first character ever?
>>
>>344934985
It's a game where you aren't automatically overpowered and don't steamroll everything by default. Is that a bad thing?
>>
What's wrong with a game showing you a daunting challenge and daring you to overcome it?
>>
>>344936607
I 100%'d Dark Souls on my first character ever.

>Pick Zweihander
>Learn to roll
>Stomp everything into NG+
>>
So your argument is that your character isn't a straight badass from the get go?

How is that a legitimate complaint? Are you retarded?

If anything every OTHER developer has played you like a fiddle by brainwashing you into thinking every game should have a competent protagonist right out of the gate.
You're probably underage though, so I understand.
>>
>>344936607
Yes
>started with Demons Souls
>picked royal because I wanted to play as a princess
>beat the shit out of the game
>>
i've always found it kinda of funny that literal gods are defeated by a single wimpy zombie because he knows how to roll and has a lot of potions
>>
>>344937103
To be fair it's a single wimpy zombie that's literally immortal too. The gods can kill it a million times and the zombie still wouldn't die
>>
>>344937103
In pretty much every non-Abrahamic religion a "god" is just some random person/creature who's really strong and maybe has a few powers.

Same with the Souls series, Gods aren't omnipotent.
>>
It's been half a decade, Anon. You were bad at the game. Let it go.
>>
>be ninja gaiden player
>play demons souls
>game_slow.jpg
too slow, too easy
>play dark souls on pc
just as slow, just as easy
>play bloodborne
>suddenly fast
>boss still slow
what was the point
>>
>weak and frail
I played as a badass demon slayer who rolled around and cut niggas up what the hell you talking about
>>
Dark Souls is just a Japanese interpretation of The Elder Scrolls concept: the ability to keep trying is your power as the player. In TES it's quicksaving and in DS it's bonfires.
>>
>>344934985
I think the games fun because of the limitations placed on the character. If you were Dante from the Devil May Cry series you'd just wreck everything and wouldn't have to pay any attention to the enemies moves.

One of the things that made first playthroughs so fun was watching for traps and figuring out boss patterns.

You're also missing the fact that it isn't just an action game, It's an rpg.
>>
>>344938886
Ninja Gaidan sucked though
>Izuna drop
>charge special
>absorb orbs and unleash special
There. I just played half the game for you on hardest difficulty.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.