[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> buy steam credit couple days ago cus I'm really looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Necro_launch16.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Necro_launch16.gif
2 MB, 500x281
> buy steam credit couple days ago cus I'm really looking forward to necropolis
> read a couple reviews yesterday, bad, steam reviews, bad, feelsbadman.jpg
> never really pirate games but I decide to do so to try game out.
> to my surprise its easy to download and install and it works perfectly straight away - unlike my previous attempts at getting free games that are buggy messes that i cant get to run.
> its actually an okay game. not nearly as good as i was hoping, but fun enough and my friend is telling me to get it anyway for some jolly co-operation
> fuck it, i've already got the credit what the hell, delete pirate game and buy real game.
> real game refuses to boot up at all.

WELL I GUESS I LEARNED MY LESSON, BACK TO PIRACY.
>>
>>344929587
k
>>
>>344929587
>western attempt at Dynasty Warriors style game inspired by "muh edgy undead" hype of Dark Souls

it's looks and plays like a minecraft mod
>>
>Backed Mighty #9
WELL, BACK TO PIRACY
>>
File: 1454941001446.png (62 KB, 185x186) Image search: [Google]
1454941001446.png
62 KB, 185x186
>>344929801
Not really similar to Dynasty Warriors desu senpai
>>
File: 1463265279814.jpg (155 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1463265279814.jpg
155 KB, 900x900
the level design really spooks me

the most frightening moment in the game by far was missing a jump, falling like 500 feet and landing on some rafters I didn't even know existed, STILL ALIVE, looking down only to see some really intimidating looking enemies guarding an entrance of sorts in a completely new area

game's level design is very vertical, to say the least

when I get the funds im definitely buying it for that jolly co-op
>>
>>344929801
>Dynasty warriors

You're stupid.
>>
>>344929587
Please, just please stop shilling this game. It isn't good at all.
>>
You could tell just from the screenshots and a 10 second video it was going to be a bland, bad and boring game.
>>
I pirated this piece of shit and I still feel ripped off.
>enemies getting stuck in the floor frequently
>lots of enemies already dead when I arrive
>enemies spawn right behind you after you've cleared an area
>paths that lead to nothing
>random spike trap placements
>super boring and bland levels, everything is fucking gray edition
>shit "humor" written by an autistic 10 year old
>super vague item descriptions on everything
>not telling you what potions & scrolls do
>not telling you weapon stats
>not telling you armour stats
>not telling you what codex updates do

>example
>Codex of Transparency For Dummies (And Other Magic Tricks!)
>Imagine if you could fall off of a building and survive, while avoiding all the poison darts that are being shot at you, and survive the poison too!?

>actual effect increases HP by 10%

The combat is also super fucking boring. It seems like it copied the Dark Souls combat from a 10 second clip on YouTube. The camera is also fucked.
>>
>>344929587
The following is from the official description:
>Will you find the exit, or die trying? SPOILERS: You’ll probably die trying.
>>
>>344934642
>Necropolis' roguelike adventuring will kill you not-at-all softly
It's trying way too hard for the THIS IS LIKE DARK SOULS YOU WILL DIE 100000000000 TIMES!!!! IT WILL MAKE YOU GO INSANE !!! approach.
When in reality you will die not so softly from boredom and buyers remorse god forbid someone spends money on this game. Let alone T H I R T Y DOLLARS
>>
>>344929587

It's by HBS, who made the new shadowrun games. They're serviceable, but if they weren't shadowrun no one would give a shit.

I didn't expect much from this game, and I was still let down.
>>
>30 dollars
I could buy at least 5 indie games that weren't shit for that price.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.