[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played a pokeman should I start at the beginning?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: pokemon_red_blue_main_169.jpg (211 KB, 588x331) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_red_blue_main_169.jpg
211 KB, 588x331
I've never played a pokeman should I start at the beginning?
>>
>>344919452
god, no. play gen 3.
>>
>>344919452
Start with FireRed
>>
gen 2 is a great place to start. either that or gen 5 and higher (gen 4 was the second coming, but it is really dated and slow now)
>>
All the newer games are things that make the game more fun and enjoyable to play. Every Pokemon game is basically the same thing with upgrades in the newer version. So start with Pokemon X.
>>
Just don't start.
>>
>>344919452
It doesn't really matter. If you like Pokemon you like Pokemon, and they are all basically the same.
>>
>>344919452
Red and Blue have the most intrigue and feel most like an adventure. In the others, your mom or someone else is calling you all the time.
>>
>>344919452
Start with HG/SS for Johto/Kanto.
Then Platinum, B/W and B/W2.
Everything else is okay or bad
>>
>>344919452
Just play Pokemon GO
>>
>>344919452
You should always play the originals. Especially if you're interested in knowing how they developed over the years and appreciate the improvements in order to have a proper opinion of the different generations. If you don't care about that and just want to play them then go FireRed/LeafGreen (remake of gen 1) -> HeartGold/SoulSilver (remake of gen 2) -> Emerald (Gen 3) -> Platinum (Gen 4)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfROt0U3Jyo
>>
>>344919452

Of course you fucking should, like with every other franchise.

But if they are too archaic for you, there's a bunch of other places to start.

Emerald is the most complete package if you mainly just want to check out one game and don't want to get one of the newest ones.
>>
Start with Fire Red/Leaf Green.
>>
>>344919452
Don't play the originals.. Like others have said, just play the re-mastered versions because the originals have flaws and the lack of color is honestly fucking annoying.
>>
Play them backwards and come back and tell us how that was.
>>
>>344919452
If you really want to experience the Kanto stuff, play FireRed or LeafGreen, they're full remakes of the first games. But like this guy >>344919770 said you'd probably be fine just starting with XY.
>>
>>344919452
If you've got a 3DS, don't mind spending the $10, and care a lot about transferring over your pokemon to Sun/Moon, then sure, play Yellow/Red/Blue.

Otherwise, as others have said, you can really play any, and generally the remakes are better than the originals. If you don't care about the region but really want a different gen pokemon, it usually isn't difficult to grab some off the internet trade system if you play the newer games.
>>
>>344919452
they're basically the same fucking game with slight improvements
>>
>>344921416
The originals had better music though. Gen one has the GOAT chiptunes, and not in a hipster retro way.
>>
Don't play XY. Switching to 3d was a terrible idea.
>>
Just play HeartGold/SoulSilver or Crystal if you're emulating.

Skip the rest unless you really really like them.
>>
>>344919740
This. Then play them in order: HG/SS, skip gen 3, Platinum, Black/White 1 and 2, X/Y, then Gen 3 remakes.
>>
Start with FireRed/Leafgreen. These are the best to start with the franchise

Then continue with Platinum or HGSS then BlackWhite or BlackWhite2. These are considered to be the best games
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.