[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats up with all these pixel perfect jumps in the first shantae
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Whats up with all these pixel perfect jumps in the first shantae ? Do i need to learn transformations first or something?
>>
Probably since I don't recall any tricky platforming in that game. First one you get is monkey which lets you climb walls, and it's somewhere halfway into the first dungeon you visit.
>>
>>344912460
aah okey. The first time i tried to play this i didn't even know that transformations were going to be a thing. I'm actually stuck in this water dungeon atm. Every path seems like a dead end.
>>
>>
>>344912460
I just discovered that you have the ability to run in this game.
>>
>>344914284
Lad
>>
>>344914436
This makes platforms a lot easier. Honestly i feel kinda stupid even if it was hidden behind ''hold attack and left or right key'' But it's not like the game told me about this mechanic.
>>
File: 1468371513257.gif (685 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1468371513257.gif
685 KB, 500x500
>>344914607
Should have read the manual
>>
This part was also impossible without running.
>>
>>344914679
This DESU, older games didn't have tutorials but instead they trusted that you would read the manual before playing.
>>
>>344915428
Yeah i'm aware, but honestly i have never been this cucked by not reading the manual before.
>>
>>344915541
this is exactly how Super Metroid fucked me
>>
>>344915541
You shouldn't even need a manual for this. I mean nigga it's a platformer of course you can jump in it like c'mon man have you never played Mario?
>>
>>344911852
GBC best Shantae.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjB6ENFdTE
>>
>>344916162
We are talking about running here. I was not able to reach some of the platforms etc.
>>
>>344916604
Yeah I meant to say run.
I'm not sure what happened there.
>>
>>344914808

Did you play platformer games? Because is very common to people who doesn't to NOT run almost every time...
>>
>>344917708
I love my platformers. I feel kinda silly for not thinking further than this, but every time i saw a thing that i was not able to do i just said to myself that i was going to be able to once i learned transformations.
>>
>>344917708
Holding a button in addition to a direction to run is extraneous, and very few games actually do it. So I have to wonder if you have played any platformer games that aren't made by Nintendo. Hell even some Nintendo games don't do this shit.
>>
>>344919621
>sprint button
>extraneous
>very few games actually do it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.