[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Adding all that up, the stock market has judged that Nin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 29
File: file.png (218 KB, 840x420) Image search: [Google]
file.png
218 KB, 840x420
>Adding all that up, the stock market has judged that Nintendo today is worth about $12 billion more than it was a week ago.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pokemon-go-fueled-nintendo-just-keeps-going-1468302369
>>
so when's Nintendo going to just drop everything and go mobile/3rd party? clearly its more profitable for them and they have no real talent when it comes to hardware.
>>
Can filthy gaijins buy Nintendo stocks?
>>
>>344908482
When the input methods aren't shit for anything that isn't simple.
So never.

They do like making real games, remember.
>>
>>344908482
Mobile is a fad, and interest in mobile games are already declining since the last two years, in the long term run, no one should turn to mobile completely, only get some while the market is there

Third party is another story
>>
>Niantic is making more money than Nintendo
Buyout when?
>>
>>344908482
not as long as shiggy is there
he loves being involved with making consoles and games even when nobody likes them.

If the people that replace the upper staff don't have that mindset than they probably will go mobile first
>>
>>344908549
It's traded overnight in japan's markets.
not to mention, now is the worst time to buy.
>>
It turns out that Nintendo knows how to turn on the money faucet any time it feels like it.
>>
File: UNDERSTAND.jpg (50 KB, 545x576) Image search: [Google]
UNDERSTAND.jpg
50 KB, 545x576
Nintendo is planning to grow stronger and be more relevant to the general public
>Universal Studios theme park deal
>Pokemon Go and DENA games
>Merging Handheld and Console divisions for the NX
>Possibility of movies
>>
But will Pokemon Go surpass the Wii when it goes global?
>>
Nintendo were dumb fucks not getting in phone "gaming" before
>>
>nintendo just spent e3 showing off botw
>launching a new home console in 2017
>WHEN IS LE NINTENDO GOING TO GO MOBILE
>>
>>344908734
>It's traded overnight in japan's markets.
I have no idea what that means
>not to mention, now is the worst time to buy.
Obviously I wouldn't buy now. Just something I want to keep in mind the next time they hit a slump.
>>
>>344908664
>Mobile is a fad

A fad is not supposed to last 5+ years
>>
As of right now the biggest things that are holding Nintendo back are:

>NoA's shitty marketing
>Treehouse pissing people off left and right
>The gap of understanding between the Eastern developers and producers to the Western consumers (amiibo Festival, Federation Force, Color Splash, etc)
>Miyamoto going senile

Anything else?
INB4 consoles
>>
https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/NTDOY?ltr=1

Holy fuck why didn't we all buy ninty stock right before the US go release?
>>
>>344909460
You should've bought some back in 2013, you would have a lot of money by now.
>>
>>344909295
It's getting artificially pushed by creating a "nerd culture" group that upgrades phones every 3 months, but overall it's due to end in a short time
>>
>>344909325
>The gap of understanding between the Eastern developers and producers to the Western consumers (amiibo Festival, Federation Force, Color Splash, etc)
Fucking this
>>
>>344909460
This shit is going to drop after speculations on the next three months will go fuck itself
>>
>>344909652
That's silly.
What will replace it? People still need shit to do while the wait for things away from home.
>>
>>344909325
Trying to cater to both casual and harcore audience with their games instead on focusing on different user-base for each product
>>
>>344908482
I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough to assume the Go gravy train will last forever
>>
File: gay man 2.png (341 KB, 794x704) Image search: [Google]
gay man 2.png
341 KB, 794x704
>>344909325
Shitty price/cost to earnings ratio. They're at 161 when the healthy mark is between 18-21. It's insane how oversold they are
>>
>>344908321

means now they can fund projects they wouldn't have gotten approval for because of economic risk. i look forward to the next Splatoon
>>
File: 1387850227320.jpg (69 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1387850227320.jpg
69 KB, 327x316
>>344908482
NEVER EVER

Seriously, mobile is just something for them to fund their console projects.
Plus, mobile gaming is super super high risk. One minute you've got the top mobile app on the market.
Next minute you can't manage to hook people no matter what you do.

Mobile gamers don't care about developer names, they don't care about developer history, they don't even care about quality. They care about what the latest and greatest trend is. It's much less safe than catering to the audience you've already amassed over the years, which is why Nintendo will never leave the hardware market.

Stay mad sonyggers and other "why won't Nintendo go 3rd party" autists.
>>
>>344909868
>Hear about Nintendo producing mobile games
>Shrug it off after hearing it's just for relevancy and that it can help bolster IP awareness along with serving casuals so that the system can focus on "core" audiences
>Read Miyamoto saying that games are no longer a leisure product and that Nintendo has been making games with too much content lately
Getting skeptical again
>>
>>344908664
>Mobile is a fad

you're an idiot if you honestly believe this. that's like saying internet business was a fad just because the tech bubble popped in the late 90s. guess what didn't go anywhere? just because things slow down after an initial bubble doesn't make something a "fad", it means things stabilize to actual sustainability
>>
>>344910152
>fund their console projects
Citation needed
>>
>>344910123
There was literally 0 economic risk in Spla2n after the enormous success of the first game. It was an instantly guaranteed franchise after that.
It outsold Bloodborne 2:1 with like a fifth of the amount of hardware sold.
>>
File: 1465921197912.gif (1 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1465921197912.gif
1 MB, 350x300
>>344910152
>NEVER EVER
This is probably the only time I'm happy to see this meme.

The world must be ending.
>>
>>344910267
Okay, I'll reword that
Fund their console projects / put into their warchest.
Because pokemon go has probably already paid itself off for them.
>>
>>344910280
Are you from a parallel universe anon?
>>
>>344910152
you're assuming mobile games have to be massive investments the way AAA games are. protip: they don't. mobile is a different strategy.
>>
>>344910123
Nintendo's still going to play it safe.
They want to bolster the already popular IPs.
No need to have IPs like F-Zero and Star Fox holding them back.
Also, Splatoon was a success and a sequel was obvious Anon
>>
>>344910441
No, I'm pretty sure you are.
4.4 million copies sold, and that's only including physical copies (japs love digital in recent years for one thing, we can probably assume it's over 5 million sales total when digital is included)
>>
>>344908321
neat ... so where are the videogames?
>>
>>344910646
You're fucking lying
You have to be
That kiddie shit sold probably 200k copies AT BEST
>>
>>344910646
Anon, I'm sorry to tell you this but... Splatoon had not got a first game, it was a new ip....
>>
>>344910593
>>344910280

i meant a new IP that breaks all expectations like Splatoon did
>>
>>344910152
This, Nintendo has stated many times in the past they don't go all in on unproven markets and don't dump all their eggs in a single basket. They know mobile is not sustainable long term, they know the market is volitile and only a tiny, tiny handful of apps actually make big money. They want to exist in another ten years, going full mobile and dropping dedicated hardware would do nothing but put that in jeopardy.
>>
>>344908482
Never. As others have pointed out, their mobile games initiative are just for disguised marketing purposes.
>>
>>344910756
We're talking about a Splatoon sequel. I'm saying that Spla2n, aka a sequel, would have 0 economic risk because of the huge success of the first game.

>>344910752
kek
>>
>Kimishima actually did it
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/01/tatsumi_kimishima_is_aiming_to_quadruple_nintendos_operating_profits
>>
"HAHAHAHA YOU'RE PLAYING NINTENDO WIIU? YOU'RE A FUCKING MAN CHILD!"

- Pokemon Go user.
>>
File: sadcat2.jpg (242 KB, 1688x2048) Image search: [Google]
sadcat2.jpg
242 KB, 1688x2048
>>344910280
>still no splatoon 3ds

i don't care how gimped down it is. i just want something. p-please nintendo. let me give you some of my gaijin money. i just can't (and won't) spend the money on a wii u just to play splatoon
>>
>>344909295
Explain the Call of Duty/FPS fad then. There's no set time as to how long a fad lasts.
>>
File: 1458949445980.png (56 KB, 354x432) Image search: [Google]
1458949445980.png
56 KB, 354x432
>yfw nx is short for Nintendo cross platform
>>
>Wii was HUGE
>Wii U tries to ride on its success

>Amiibo Nintendo IP mobile games are pretty huge as well
>NX will try to ride on their success

I hope Kimishima won't fall for this.
>>
>>344910859
>There was literally 0 economic risk in Spla2n after the enormous success of the first game. It was an instantly guaranteed franchise after that.
It outsold Bloodborne 2:1 with like a fifth of the amount of hardware sold.

Because of that "was" I thought you implied it was spla2n that outsold Bloodborne and you thought there was another one
Sorry
>>
>>344910752
you're fucking delusional. splatoon was a HUGE deal
>>
>>344910952
So get the NX handheld model when it comes out and wait for Spla2n, they're not going to waste time trying to make a port that would be hard as fuck to get running on the 3DS.
>>
>>344910990
So it's a hybrid?
>>
>>344911071
it doesn't have to be a direct port
>>
>“We are going to be far more aggressive in using our IP, and not just stop with licensing, as in the past. The first example is amiibo. We want our IP to better reach more children, and smart devices is just one vehicle.” — Shigeru Miyamoto

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/miyamoto-says-nintendo-will-push-their-ip-far-more-aggressively-with-nx
>>
>>344911170
It won't be anything, Nintendo developers are moving on to get games ready for the NX launch.
>>
>>344909172
You make purchases just before big releases. I'm putting away cash to buy before Zelda releases.
>>
File: 1465516833628.jpg (14 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1465516833628.jpg
14 KB, 480x480
YOU ALL LAUGHED AT MY POKEMON AUTISM.
YOU TOLD ME TO STOP PLAYING CHILDREN'S GAMES AND GET A REAL HOBBY.
WELL NOW WHO'S LAUGHING?
>>
>wii makes a huge profit
>they try to copy that with the wii u
>it bombs

>mobile makes a huge profit
>they try to copy that with ???
>???
>>
>>344910860
HE ACTUALLY DID IT!
THAT MADMAN!
>>
>>344911561
IIRC Kimishima said mobile and NX will be distinct
Hell the guy knew the Wii U was going to bomb
>>
>>344911140
I have more faith in the rumors that it will be two separate consoles, but with the same arcitecture. Then built around Nintendo trying to sell every game twice, once for the handheld and once for the TV console.

I really, really want a hybrid, but it's not Nintendo's style. They'd have to admit they can't reach old heights in both console and handheld, and Nintendo would never do that. They still believe the handheld market is just as big as it used to be, and that the right gimmick will bring back all their lost audiences for both TV and handheld console.

To make a hybrid would be admitting he market has changed, and that nintendo is no longer as relevant as they used to. Nintendo doesn't believe that, and would be too proud to admit it. If we ever get a hybrid, it will be by a company that doesn't have a history of dominating both markets.
>>
>>344910969
Human existence is a fad according to you.
>>
File: 21.jpg (116 KB, 1368x912) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
116 KB, 1368x912
>>344908482
Nintendo won't go Full Mobile you stupid fuck. The worst that can happen if they not making new Handheld Consoles and focusing on Mobile Games. They will keep making Home Consoles even if the NX fails
>>
>>344911225
This was before Pokemon GO happened
>>
>>344912536
>nintendo wifi connection
>old dpad
>2 (two) face buttons
>mobile phone rated by ESRB

they did not even try
>>
>>344912727
gaijin game; nintendo jp isn't going to care
>>
>>344911140
>>344912040
Thinking a bit more, they'll probably go for a model similar to the one used for Sm4sh. However, the hardware between the handheld and the stationary will be more similar, so it's no more demanding that developing just one game. They will probably release a bunch of games for both consoles, but split in half, or at least with limited content in each. If you buy and connect both games, it will unlock more content. So you can buy 2/5 of a game, and get a barebones experience, or you can buy both versions, and get 5/5 of the full game.
This is probably more Nintendo's style.
Perhaps you can change the numbers to 3/8+3/8=7/8, with the additional 1/8 locked behind amiibos.
>>
>>344912991
They'll care when it releases in Nippon.
Maybe this can show that not only kids could give a damn about their IP
>>
>>344913070
>More locked content
WOW
>>
>>344913086
the japanese don't touch gaijin games though

also don't the majority of japanese people use non android/ios phones? they've had their own weird conventions for a long time due to have having wireless internet for well over a decade before we ever got it
>>
>>344912536
>hurr Nintendo will continue to bleed money on unprofitable business strategy forever for reasons
No dumbass that's not how business works, even if they can continue to survive console bomb after console bomb no sane company would continue to do so, if the NX is a failure of Wii U proportions they may very well step out of the home console market completely.
>>
>>344909325
>amiibo festival
eh to be fair its pretty obvious that "game" was just some scraps they threw out for the wii u to get some use out of and earn a little money on the assets for the animal crossing wii u game they obviously had already in development and cancelled once it became clear the wii u was a flop, much like "we found a new creative direction for zelda so well have to delay it for another year" was just bullshit pr speak for "the wii u is a failure and were not releasing our biggest, most important and most expensive game in our history exclusively for that so well move its release date up to the NX launch date for a simultaneous release"
>>
>>344913693

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/honestly-we-just-wanted-animal-crossing-amiibo-aya-kyogoku-on-the-genesis-of-amiibo-festival-and-happy-home-designer
>USG: Was the original concept behind Amiibo Festival to create an Animal Crossing Game that involved Amiibos? Or did the idea come along first and then the Amiibo integration was something that added in later in the Development Cycle?
>AK: Initially when the Amiibo was announced, there was nothing really said about Animal Crossing Amiibos or any plans for that matter. But as the Animal Crossing team, we were confident that if there was one, it would be really cute... honestly, we just wanted Animal Crossing Amiibo. We wanted the company to make Animal Crossing Amiibo, so that's why we made a game that works with them.
>>
>>344909460
says everybody in hindsight after every big jump in stock price they werent able to predict beforehand
>>
>>344913693
Would Star Fox Zero have been a better example?
>>
>>344910969
>Explain the Call of Duty/FPS fad then.
how is still selling millions of copies a fad
>>
Is this the dawn of a new Nintendo renaissance?
>>
>>344913650
That's assuming NX is even a home console.
>>
>>344911242
>are moving onto
judging by their recent release schedule and past E3, "have long since moved on to" seems more accurate
>>
>>344914421
Maybe. They should've taken the plunge into mobile a few years ago though.
>>
isnt it cool what nintendo can do when they arent stubborn?

I hate the wiiU with a passion but pokemon is pokemon
>>
>>344913593
whut? are you from some kind of weird parallel universe? of course android is huge in japan and obviously theyll care aboue pokemon go ...
>>
>>344908321
>To Read the Full Story, Subscribe or Sign In
Fuck off WSJ. You're not as important as you think you are.
>>
>>344913798

I wish it did a little better, or that Nintendo was interested in supporting it a little more beyond the initial release. Because the game has the potential to be something far greater than it ended up being.

If customizing the game board meant more, and if there were a few skill-based events, it could have been something special. But boy, it sure isn't.
>>
>>344910969
>FPS fad
Yes, a 23 year old fad.
>>
>>344914056
of course not every game nintendo make is good, I dont see what youre getting at; if anything, zelda botw is solid proof that they ARE paying attention to whats going on in western games development
>>
>>344914795
just google the story to get an accessible link
>>
>>344910827
>As others have pointed out, their mobile games initiative are just for disguised marketing purposes.
Yup. Pokemon Sun and Moon will be released just as the Pokemon Go fad is diminishing. The timing will be close enough that some people who didn't buy the previous 3DS Pokemon games will buy Sun and/or Moon.
>>
>>344913593
>>344914767
I thought Japan was full of Applefags.
>>
>>344914939
>paying for WSJ access by giving my personal data to google
thanks but nothanks
>>
the game works cause:

1) it makes boring locations interesting

2) it makes interesting locations better

3) social magnet

4) its unique and not another shitty bejeweled/clash clone

also the map is the real world itself, geotags as gameplay elements are a great idea.
>>
>>344911038
Splatoon did outsell bloodborne.
It's easy enough to look up, BB had 2 million sales in ~6 months, splatoon had 4 million in the same timeframe.
>>
This makes me think that the stock market and everyone involved in it are fucking retarded for not realizing the monetary value of brands like Pokemon and Zelda to begin with. Pokemon GO being a huge success shouldn't be a "wow Nintendo must be a good company" moment it should be a "no fucking shit slapping Pokemon on a mobile game will print money, this is no surprise to any of us savvy investors" moment. Stock market investors are dumbass gamblers, every last one of them. They have no fucking clue what is going on at any given time and can only make money through luck and inertia.
>>
>>344915058
it's about evenly split
http://www.statista.com/statistics/260415/market-share-held-by-smartphone-operating-systems-in-japan/
best link I could find just offhand by googling
>>
>nintendo once again dominates the market to the point where they can fund throw away projects for the gamers
>sony continues to try and claim they are more for the gamers than nintendo
>>
>>344908627
>rehashing gimmick games and mediocre children's platformers
>real games
wew laddie boi
>>
File: AHHH FUUUCK.png (441 KB, 300x900) Image search: [Google]
AHHH FUUUCK.png
441 KB, 300x900
>Nintendo revolutionizes every genre they touch
>Even fucking mobile trash
>>
>>344914935
It's more about them not understanding what the Western consumers wanted.
Breath of the Wild is an exception.
Remember the backlash toward Color Splash and Federation Force?
People are hoping that'd wake them up and that they can't just slap an IP to any game and expect people to act as if it were familiar to them.
>>
>>344915275
mostly they make their money by diversification i.e. they dont look at individual stocks or companies but by buying instruments that abstract these details away
they dont care to know anything about individual companies nor why should they
>>
>>344908321
Sell that shit ASAP and buy again once Pokemon go crashes
>>
>>344915275

a pokemon mmo should already exist

nintendo suddenly likes money I guess
>>
>>344908321

>Pokemon go makes 3 million bucks a day at best
>Nintendo gets a fraction of it

The stock will crash hard, the market overreacts so hard on Nintendo news.
>>
>>344915426
it did work for them with pokemon go though
>>
>>344909460
u should kill yourself for using the term "ninty"
>>
>>344912040
I think it would be cooler if the cartridges/cards you bought could be used on both systems (it would explain the patent for the cartridge slot on the NX).
>>
>>344915650
Pokemon Go retains some familiar aspects with the original games albeit simplified.
It delivered what people wanted a game where they can simulate their childhood dreams of catching Pokemon in the real world. The competitive aspect with gyms is icing on the cake
>>
File: One Punch Mario.jpg (73 KB, 863x448) Image search: [Google]
One Punch Mario.jpg
73 KB, 863x448
They can't be stopped.

It's over, bros. Amiibo will become bigger than ever, NX will be a huge success, Nintendo will dominate the mobile scene, the movie s will destroy Sony's attempts at recapturing the TLOU audience, especially when it comes time for a Metroid movie.

And it only took One Game.
>>
>>344915864

nah nintendo never learns with consoles

but pokemon will always be pokemon
>>
>>344915650

Nintendo didnt make Pokemon Go though
>>
>>344916067
I have a feeling they'll buy out Niantic in a year i
>>
The best part is, there is code in Pokemon Go that directly references McDonalds meaning a possibly partnership $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-go-getting-sponsored-pokestops-one-of-whic/1100-6441756/
>>
>>344915616
>"only a million bucks or so a day"
>implying that like $30 million/a month is peanuts even for a company the size of nintendo
right
(based on the -to me- reasonably-sounding guess that nintendo gets about 1/3 of the revenue from poke go)
>>
>>344916192
Vicious cycle
>People lose weight playing Pokemon Go
>Get attracted to McDonalds due to Pokemon Go
>Get fat eating at McDonalds
>Start to play Pokemon Go again
>Repeat
>>
>>344908321
Markets are irrational and knee-jerk as fuck.
>>
Why does Nintendo always get so lucky bros?
>>
>>344916485
Nostalgia
>>
>>344916485
People like Nintendo shit, but people are understandably reluctant to spend $200 then $60 game on Nintendo shit.
>>
>>344916195
They only get 1/10th of it, and GO only grossed 15M so far
>>
>>344916153

And then they will ruin them, too.
Literally 40% of Nintendos assets are "Cash and deposits", they never did anything with all that useless cash.
The management is doing a terrible job, they have some of the best IPs in the world and hardly use them.
>>
>>344916485

no luck involved here

it's pokemon
>>
>>344916485
innovation
>>
>NINTENDO ONLY GETS 10% WHILE THE REST GOES TO APPLE AND GOOGLE
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Oh-the-irony-Nintendo-earning-much-less-from-Pokemon-Go-than-Apple-or-Google_id83092
http://ign.com/articles/2016/07/12/pokemon-go-has-reportedly-made-more-than-14-million
>Pokemon Go made $14 million (only $1.4 million for Nintendo)
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/06/23/may-2016-digital-sales-report-uncharted-4-1-console-grossed-56-million/
>>
>>344915864
Don't forget their quality of life products.
>>
>>344910593
>F-Zero and Star Fox are unpopular

Just because a franchise has a few shitty games it doesnt make it unpopular in the longterm
>>
>>344916915
No, F-Zero, Starfox and Metroid were never big sellers, which is why Nintendo treats them as second-tier IPs.
>>
>>344916195

Did you read OPs statement that I referred to?
The market valued Nintendo 12 BILLION dollars more.

Thats means Nintendo has to earn 1 million bucks daily for over 32 years to "earn" that additional value investors thought Nintendo now has if you dont account for inflation and risk discount, at that point you are at over 100 years.

I said the market is crazy, of course the money is nice for Nintendo.
>>
>>344916915
Sales talks Anon
>>
Nintendo fans: explain what stocks are without using Google.

Hint: it isn't "how much this company is making per day", since ninty has made chump change from Pokemongoloid so far
>>
>>344916670
sauce? I doubt theyd only get so small of a %age
>>
>>344916485
Have you ever looked up what their name means?
>>
>>344917102
>Pokemongoloid
How long have you been sitting on that one?
>>
>Nintendo releases a phone game
>literally dominates the market overnight
Like clockwork.
>>
>>344916392
>Vicious cycle
No, that's the gameplay loop.
>>
>>344917747
Except they only get 10 percent of the profit
>>
>>344917868
It's just evidence that Nintendo properties are that powerful. Ingress was mildly popular, Pokemon Go is basically a reskin of that with some light monster management thrown.
>>
>>344916821
Ehhh, they will probably end up buying Niantic, plus they own 49% of Gamefreak
>>
>>344908883
>MAKE IT SO
>>
File: actor_8857.jpg (14 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
actor_8857.jpg
14 KB, 210x240
>The game isn't even released in all intended countries yet
>>
>>344910170
>games are no longer a leisure product
in what fucking world?
>>
>>344918298
Correction he said people are not enjoying games as "leisurely" as they used to

>In response to this Miyamoto added, “Pikmin is the kind of game that you have to play maybe three times to get the full effect, but you know, people don’t have a lot of time, so they just clear the stage and just move on. Games are becoming more of a consumable product, and it’s getting harder and harder for people to let a game to sink in and enjoy leisurely.”

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/07/03/miyamoto-names-his-most-underrated-wii-u-game.aspx
>>
>>344916821
>only
>1.4 million
>only
>ONLY
>>
>>344915237
You have poor reading comprehension
It seemed like you said Splatoon 2 outsold Bloodborne
>>
File: SAX.png (64 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
SAX.png
64 KB, 256x256
>>344918516
I hate to admit it but he's kind of right, I'm finding it harder and harder to sit down and finish a game these days. Everyday the backlog grows larger. I only just finished Triple Deluxe today.
>>
>>344908482

Mobile is most likely just an expansion, something to add to the company, rather than using it to replace what is already there.

It would be pretty risky for them to just drop everything else and move over to this new market. They would need to prove that it's good for the long run and ultimately more profitable than their hardware business. If it turns out to be just temporary profit, then they've essentially cut off their only point of revenue that they have left. I imagine Wii and Wii U have taught them a lot, and that abandoning their core base completely is a stupid move.
>>
>>344916821

So there you have it, proof that Nintendo isn't going to go mobile/third party, it simply isn't profitable enough.
>>
>>344908664
You sure about that m8? Pretty much everyone has a mobile phone now and use it for work and social shit.
>>
>>344918551
To put it into perspective: Uncharted 4 made 56 million.
A $60 videogame exclusive to one home console is making more money than the #1 app in history. Really makes you think...
>>
it isnt just cause its pokemon

its a unique game as it uses the world itself as a gameplay map.

pokemon just makes it that much more interesting. it's a cool idea, really.
>>
>>344918551

I think you should look how much big companies earn daily, a million is a fucking joke
>>
>>344918851
Is uncharted 4 a phone game?
I know it feels like one, but that doesn't count.
>>
>>344918753
Yes but who's willing to pay for playing games on it?
People use it for social media, youtube and shit, but people who invest on it as a gaming machines are already declining drastically
>>
>>344918851
Yeah, but how much do you think GO's overhead was? Especially since most of the code was probably reused from that other AR game Niantic made.
>>
>>344916485
You don't need luck when you have Pokemon.
>>
>>344918912
How much big companies earn daily on phone games?
>>
>>344918851
It made that much a month after it's release.
Pokemon Go isn't out yet in most countries and it's only been a week.
>>
>>344918932
>pay for games
>implying it isn't all about freemium models
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
>>344918908

I wonder if augmented reality will be Nintendo's next golden goose. Imagine walking around and seeing fucking piranha plants in your yard.
>>
Why didn't they make Pokemon GO cost $1?
>>
>>344918948
Nintendo invested 30 million into Niantic.
>>
>>344919106

They probably figured it was better to entice people with a free app, ultimately getting them to spend hundreds of dollars on DLC. I hear some guy plunked down 300 dollars on extra shit already in Pokemon Go.

Like it or not this is the new business model for the industry. We're living in different times boys.
>>
>>344918996

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Crush_Saga

In 2014, Candy Crush Saga players spent over $1.33 billion on in-app purchases which was a decline from the previous year, since in the second half of 2013 players spent over $1.04 billion.

A million is nothing to Nintendo, they got over 4400 CASH right now.
>>
>>344919090
>Sony and PC jumped on VR
>Microsoft and Nintendo jumped on AR
I can see it.
>>
>>344909325
I think your third point is the big one. The complete and utter ignorance to what their fans actually want.
Colour Splash or whatever will sell, but it won't be selling to their old, core fans.

I guess money is money, but it really sucks for the fans.
>>
>>344908685
Never
Niantic is an American company, American companies can't buy Japanese companies
>>
>>344919043
Who pays for the "mium" aspect of it?
>>
>>344908883
So is this guy a madman, a yakuza, actually a genius of business, or what?
>>
>>344919204
Guess it's shit then, or they're hoping it will last a long time.
>>
>>344919230

It wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be the case.
>>
Mobile games are based on fads.

In two weeks no one will remember this game exists.
>>
>>344915391
You do realize a big part of most people's childhoods is made by nintendo yes? I don't get what you're trying to say.

The fact that they should keep catering to the demographic they have been going for or just hold your hand from womb to tomb.
>>
>>344919306
He's just a shareholders puppet
>>
>>344919306

I'm going to go with absolute madman.
>>
>>344919306
A former banker and former head of the Pokemon Company in the West and NoA President before Reggie took over.
>>
>>344919385

I don't know why retards think dropping established IPs is a good idea. But it makes me happy these people aren't apart of the board of directors in these companies. They would tank them in a month.
>>
File: MarioBike.jpg (195 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
MarioBike.jpg
195 KB, 512x288
Inb4 IRL Mario Kart. Be prepared for people to run traffic lights. Some guy who was playing Pokemon Go in his car rear-ended my mom today.
>>
>>344916821
The company "Nintendo" makes 10%.

The Pokemon Company, which is owned by Nintendo, makes 30%.

It's a hugely profitable game. Similar stuff happens for Pokemon games, you know. Nintendo the company doesn't take all of the money from that. TPC gets a cut, Gamefreak gets a cut.
>>
>>344919370

I dont think you realize how boring other mobile games are compared to this

this game is unique as it literally gives you a reason to visit locations/socialize

whether you are a "normie" or antisocial, everyone enjoys it
>>
>>344919852
I've seen way better mobile games, now fuck off.
>>
>>344919218
>in a entire year
>in the entire world
>>
>>344919218
Jesus fucking christ.

>IN THE SECOND HALF OF 2013 PLAYERS SPENT OVER 1.04 BILLION DOLLARS ON A SHITTY MOBILE PUZZLE GAME

No fucking wonder GO is doing so well. Casuals are so used to pouring liquified shit down their gullets that when a company comes along with a regular glass of water it's like drinking liquid gold.

Poor fucking normies.
>>
>>344919370
Candy Crush Saga was a really long burner. It's been out for years and people still play it. Its heyday was multiple years long.

Fads can last a long time, man. Look how long the Wii fad lasted. That was easily 2-3 years.
>>
>>344920158

Yeah im sure revenues will explode once its released in Africa and Alaska
>>
Why are you children still convinced that Nintendo will eventually go 3rd Party?

Why in the name of fuck would they do that?!

You do realise they make a profit selling their own games on their own hardware, regardless of how much their rivals outsell them.

Nintendo wouldn't consider going 3rd party even for a laugh.
>>
>>344915391
>All those platformers better than Mario, DK and Banjo
>All those action-adventures superior to Zelda
>All those super fast racers superior to F-Zero and MK
>All those Japanese turn based RPGs with mechanics better than Pokemon and FE
>All those spy shooters with better level design, customisable AI and shit compared to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark
>All those fighting games that are way more competitive and freeform than Smash Brothers

Oh, that's right, done of this exists.
>>
>>344920889
I'm not a sonyfag but come on. You can't even seriously believe half of that horseshit.

Why would you even own a console past the N64 if you even seriously believed even a quarter of that?
>>
>>344915391
>mediocre childs platformers
Pfffffff for while there 2D mario was getting stale. but thats about it.
>>
>>344920889
>Console shooters
>>
File: 1439073856332.jpg (84 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
1439073856332.jpg
84 KB, 717x960
>>344908321
Is there any doubt that Nintendo is going to focus on mobile development now?

The NX might legit be their last console simply because the margins are shit compared to what they just accomplished. They slapped their IP on a completely rehashed game and are raking it in.
>>
>>344921202
>You can't even seriously believe half of that horseshit.

Why not? Surely you can point to specific games that actually beat these out then. There are plenty of good games that aren't on Nintendo, but what Nintendo does offer is frequently the best the industry has. I wouldn't claim that someone who loves RTS games and arena shooters should play anything but PC, but there isn't anything that beats Nintendo at their own game.
>>
Why is Nintendo fans suddenly become business experts and try to act as representatives of a fucking company they have no contact with other than buying the games.

Holy shit, this is cringe worthy faggotry. I'm personally not saying I know where they're heading because just like you idiots, I don't have a clue.
>>
>>344918725
That's just proof that Nintendo is kicking themselves for only going half in on this whole thing.
>>
>>344915423
it fucking scares me sometimes
>>
>>344915423
There have been GPS VR mobile games before Pokemon, jerk off.
>>
File: e3_is_over.jpg (248 KB, 847x675) Image search: [Google]
e3_is_over.jpg
248 KB, 847x675
>>344921875
>Surely you can point to specific games that actually beat these out then.
I'm not the same guy you made that first post responding to, but I can only see your post as valid if it was made in 1999 or you were perhaps the victim of a 16-year long kidnapping and only recently discovered that there were consoles released during your detainment.

>Platformers better than Mario
This is the only one that you may have a point on. But even then, Rayman Legends, Banjo Kazooie (Yeah, almost everyone else can do that too, I don't even know why you put it on the list. Do you live in the 90's and just don't know what happened to rare in the last few years?), Guacamelee, Mark of the Ninja, Super Meat Boy

>>All those action-adventures superior to Zelda
The Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Far cry, Nioh if it ever fucking comes out.

>All those super fast racers superior to F-Zero and MK
For one
>MK
>Super fast
Heh
But
Forza, Sonic all stars racing, Need for speed, Project Cars

>>All those Japanese turn based RPGs with mechanics better than Pokemon and FE
Are you high? There's better turn-based RPGs than Pokemon and FE on Nintendo's own consoles.

>All those spy shooters with better level design, customisable AI and shit compared to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark
Oh, you're high. That's the only explanation I can think of for thinking GE and PD, games designed with only one stick in mind, must be better than all those shooters released since then that use the power of twinsticks.
Oh, you can play the superior version of PD that uses twinsticks, on a fucking Xbox.

>>All those fighting games that are way more competitive and freeform than Smash Brothers
All of them
You know, actual fighting games.

Now this is the part where you take a screwdriver to your head and call all those games shit because they weren't on the N64. Which was the greatest console of all time.
>>
>>344922064
Because everyone else, for the last decade or so especially, had decided to suddenly become business experts and spell NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOM at every possible turn despite the fact that Nintendo is and always has been the most financially stable of the "big three" console makers.
>>
>>344921646
I think even Nintendo is smart enough to know that mobile is the riskiest medium of all. It's probably the reason why they were reluctant to invest in it in the first place.
>>
>>344923470
>All those action-adventures superior to Zelda
>The Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Far cry, Nioh if it ever fucking comes out.
Wicther 3 is a fucking cinematic experience compared to what we've seen of the new Zelda. It looks pretty, that's all it does. Priority was the presentation and visuals, the opposite is true for Zelda.

You can't do shit with the environment in Witcher, you can't do shit with weapons. The little interaction with the wind and grass setting ablaze and the "puzzle" with the boulder are already far more fleshed out than anything Witcher allows you to do in its open world and if they are any indication the rest of the game will actually make exploring and traversing the world interesting. And, of course, you can climb literally anything, any surface, any wall, any cliff.

All these other open-world games people keep comparing it to don't do half the shit Zelda seems like its going to do with its world. You can look at pretty landscapes and pick up loot in those other games, that's about as far as your interaction with the world goes.
>>
>>344924316
They've been saying it for years, they know its not sustainable and dumping all their resources into it would be potentially harmful for the company as a whole long-term but obviously no one will acknowledge that.
>>
File: uhh oh.png (177 KB, 823x267) Image search: [Google]
uhh oh.png
177 KB, 823x267
>all the butthurt and damage control ITT
>>
>>344924727
Sony can sell all the hardware they want, they have few valuable brands or IP. They rely almost entirely on 3rd-party support to keep their platforms relevant, which, like it did for MS during the transition to 8th gen, turn around and bite them in the ass very quickly.
>>
File: Bus_Carlos.jpg (17 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Bus_Carlos.jpg
17 KB, 210x240
>>344916485
You could say it was in the cards for them.
>>
Good for Nintendo
>>
>>344908482
>when are they going to significantly limit their avenues of profit because this makes sense in my armchair analyst mind
>also I hate them but I desperately want their games on my system of choice
>>
>>344916684
It's almost like they are keeping a warchest to prevent buyout from outsiders
>>
>>344908321
Never, stupid.

They can use a 2% of that money and make a full pokemon go experience on their new handhelds(which are the controllers for their new console and have all of the functionality of the average smartphone) and cuck android and ios out of some top games.

They can just use the mobile space to fatten their wallets and use the popularity and IP recognition to sell full experiences to the masses.
>BUH BUH MUH CORE
>MUH IMPORTANT AAA
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA

Naw nigga. They're going to throw money at indies and a few major companies to make nintendo only versions of games that will sell on the new console.
>>
File: aguying cunt asking a question.png (558 KB, 1310x1080) Image search: [Google]
aguying cunt asking a question.png
558 KB, 1310x1080
Cant they just do both things? Why does it have to be one or the other?
>>
>>344926605
Because the average sonypony is mad salty and WANTS to be mad at nintendo.

Don't ask me, i don,t know how did they turn like that
>>
>>344909929
They were stupid enough to make a Wii 2
>>
>>344926815

This. It's all sony's fault.
>>
File: xbox-scorpio-2.png (297 KB, 630x348) Image search: [Google]
xbox-scorpio-2.png
297 KB, 630x348
When geeks and nerds sell their PS4s and buy Scorpion to play the best versions of third party games and Nintendo gets all the normies with the NX, Sony will be left with a dead console and as a result they are fucked and bankrupt (they have nothing to fall back on)

I dunno why more people are not celebrating the inevitable death of Sony (the cancer that ruined gaming) on /v/.
>>
>>344926605
People REALLY want to push mobile gaming so they are desperately hoping that nintendo goes full mobile only.

Look at what happened with fucking pokemon go. This is what all of the android and iphone shillers on the net were secretly pushing for.
As a matter of fact, nintendo can probably be talked into making the game in such a way as to push mobile phone sales.
Hell, this christmas might see ridiculous mobile phone sales.
Here's the best part. Nintendo is going to release a MAJOR update that brings in more pokemon and a lot of content that MO' MONEY to buy.
>>
>>344926815

stop generalizing

you can like sony and like pokemon too you know
>>
>over valued stock because of over hyped cell phone garbage.
buy buy buy
>>
>>344923470
>The Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Far cry, Nioh if it ever fucking comes out.

None of which reach the heights of the best Zeldas. Souls does some nice shit, but isn't superior on the whole and none of them are as interactive.

>There's better turn-based RPGs than Pokemon and FE on Nintendo's own consoles.
What then? Pokemon is more freeform and has a better battle system than most of them.

> games designed with only one stick in mind
Kek, both of them were designed for twin sticks in the actual N64, but like most fags who never read the fucking manual and are just going off memory you never bothered to re-check. They were so ahead of their time it's not funny, and once again, you should be able to name a bunch of modern shooters with more customizable AI options, better levels and such. There's still nothing preventing you from using the D-pad for movement regardless if you want a substitute control scheme.

>You know, actual fighting games.
None of which have movement, physics, combo escapes etc with the depth of Smash.
>>
>>344908627
Tell that to Star Fox
>>
>amiibo party
>ultra trash
>starshit zero sales
>mobile games
>pii u dead, 3DS dead and hacked

This is a dream come true. Watching nintendo crash and burn is really beautiful.
>>
>>344929952
>>
>>344910824
Nintendo has stated millions of different things. Do you actually trust them?
>>
File: 1464924330521.png (135 KB, 272x250) Image search: [Google]
1464924330521.png
135 KB, 272x250
Now, it's only Nintendo fans that are doomed.
>>
>>344916821
>http://www.phonearena.com/news/Oh-the-irony-Nintendo-earning-much-less-from-Pokemon-Go-than-Apple-or-Google_id83092

The 10% is source: his ass and his unnamed """"analysts"""". And even if it was 10% directly to Nintendo and 30% to the pokemon company, he neglects the fact that Nintendo is also part of the pokemon company.
>>
>>344930594
>>344929952
>>344910152
>>
>>344926605
Mobile games devalue Nintendo's handhelds which are usually their biggest money-makers
>>
>>344929952
> 3ds dead
Haha Yeah sure. It's literally this generation's console with the biggest and most interesting library of games
>>
File: ghost and his cans.jpg (127 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
ghost and his cans.jpg
127 KB, 894x894
>>344915275
This makes me Cans.wav, because its all true. Traditional investing is dead.
>>
>>344918851
>To put it into perspective: Uncharted 4 made 56 million.
>A $60 videogame exclusive to one home console is making more money than the #1 app in history. Really makes you think...

I don't understand shit about production costs, dev costs, and the difference between revenues and net profit : the post
>>
>>344930638
The idiot that wrote that shit probably doesn't even know that TPC is owned in part by Nintendo
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 640x539
It's the same fucking cycle

Nintendo will never fucking die

All they need now is to make a good console that isn't shit so the jaded fucks can leave them be.

Here's hoping NX will deliver

It has the advantage to actually catch up because Sony and Microsoft chose to do a half gen update
>>
>>344919106
A paid app is a psychological barrier, people will be reluctant to even try. But in a free app they somehow become eager to pay 1$ here and there for additional stuff, while losing track of how much money they spent in the game, thinking every time "hey, 1$ is nothing".
>>
File: cancer incarnate.png (93 KB, 603x681) Image search: [Google]
cancer incarnate.png
93 KB, 603x681
The beginning of the end.
>>
>>344931494
>Mario Kart Go will be played from actual cars.
>>
>>344931494

mario kart go = dodging people playing pokemon go with your car cause they arent paying attention
>>
To think Activision spent almost that to buy fucking KING of all things.

Who cares about Candy Crush these days, honestly? For fucks sake Activision get your shit together
>>
>>344908482

I'm going to laugh so hard when this does actually happen, because it is going to. Companies and their shareholders want money.
>>
>>344922735

name 'em
tell me about all the money they made
>>
>>344925849

They're making more than they have ever made, are you so retarded you think they are going to keep making shit consoles at a loss?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nhx68lz8tk1ss27h4.gif (299 KB, 367x304) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nhx68lz8tk1ss27h4.gif
299 KB, 367x304
>>344919306
None of these ideas were done by him in the first place. It's all thanks to our gone hero.
>>
Casuals are not loyal. This Pokemon GO thing will be the end of Nintendo. I have a Wii u and I personally think they still make great games, but the company itself is also managed retardedly. They're gonna see this success and then dump all they have into mobile gaming, but casuals won't play Mario Mobile just because it's on a phone now. They'll be playing some other game that was deemed the cool shit to play.
>>
>>344926924
But the Wii was incredibly successful. Not stupid, and I'm not sure how the Wii U is related to the Wii in anyway outsidr of name, it just didn't work out.
>>
File: 1285438471195.jpg (42 KB, 512x392) Image search: [Google]
1285438471195.jpg
42 KB, 512x392
>>344932919
Apparently.

I've been preaching this shit for days and few are willing to admit that the people running Nintendo are only human. Sooner or later, greed will get the better of them.

As usual, /v/ will only learn this the hard way.
>>
>>344919230
The 3DS is all about AR, after all
>>
>>344933562

Always do the opposite of what /v/ says.
>>
>>344933562

That already happened when they assumed the Wii U would somehow reach the same heights as Wii and will constantly refer to the Wii whenever questions about Wii U came up at the time

Notice how they aren't doing none of that with the NX, rather staying away from it with the little details we know
>>
>>344931494
They are going to roll their eyes when the NX is revealed
>>
>>344931494

If you think about it, it makes sense. Everyone is playing Pokemon Go while driving. Think of the possibilities
>>
>>344908987

So were Sony and Microsoft then.
>>
>>344932831

So when will it happen? You've been saying this for the past 30 years.>>344932885
>>
>>344911781

>the guy knew wii u would bomb

Source please
Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.