[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has it ever been more obvious that a dev team is making up shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: ogimage.img.jpg (264 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
ogimage.img.jpg
264 KB, 1200x675
Has it ever been more obvious that a dev team is making up shit as they go along
>>
Okay fine, here's your (You) now please try to explain what the fuck you're talking about in this long-standing franchise based video game.
>>
>admitted they rushed out the game to profit off of The Force Awakens
>ran out of ideas for weapon variety before the game even launched
>have already moved on from finding weapons in the movies per their authenticity promises and are incorporating EU cartoon/comic weapons
>schizophrenic level nerf/buff changes every single month
>obviously scratching their heads over skin customization possibilities
>keep adding new DLC game modes to an already dwindling, scattered playerbase
>still no fucking Chewie
>most popular game mode has 7 maps

They were in over their heads from the start.
>>
>>344900198
You didn't reply to his post, he didn't get any (You)
>>
Still fun.
>>
File: meta.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
meta.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>344900198
>original series
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing from each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy. Oddly enough, they just added in a roll. The game is still probably awful because of all the other designs.
>>
>>344903106
There is rolling in Battlefront.
>>
>>344903468
Now.
>>
>>344903106
But it's a good thing that the rebels don't have made-up vehicles they were never seen using in the movies. It adds more authenticity to the experience that the Rebels are clearly outmatched by the Imperial's better resources and all the more satisfying when you see that AT-AT go down
>>
>>344903468
There's not even a stamina system. It's also sorta realistically clunky.
>>
>>344903106
I have a lot of fond memories from Battlefront 2 but every time I reinstall, it somehow manages to bore me to death in 30 minutes.
>>
>>344903675
Maybe because there's a single server with the same map rotation as always, little variety on it, and probably a shitty array of maps?

I always have lots of fun with it until the corridor maps come and everything's a rocket launcher.
>>
>>344903675
It feels much slower. In Battlefront, there's blaster fire flying everywhere and you can hear all the shots that hit your cover. It feels like a real experience
>>
>>344904027
It's also an awful game.
>>
>>344900798
>Still no Chewie
He's gonna be in the Death Star DLC. I personally like Nien Nunb and Lando
>>
>>344899763
this game is literally a beta for the sequel
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.