[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you make a good Twilight Zone game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: TheTwilightZoneLogo.png (60 KB, 368x242) Image search: [Google]
TheTwilightZoneLogo.png
60 KB, 368x242
How would you make a good Twilight Zone game?
>>
>>344898452
By making it a pinball machine.
>>
Shit, I have no idea, maybe like a mario maker type thing except instead of designing platforming levels you design "zones" where crazy shit happens with a survival horror/mystery twist to beating said zones
>>
>>344898452
Super Mario 64 hub-style.
Every "twilight zone" is it's own stand-alone experience.
You get something like stars by going through the experience differently

It wouldn't particularly be a "game", but gaming now-a-days isn't anyways.
>>
>>344898452
Point and click adventure game where weird shit happens to you and you have to find-out what's going on.
>>
>>344898452
You travel to different dimensions to set things back to how they were or prevent them from going awry, something like Doctor Who except in game form.
>>
LA noire level of detectiving to figure out various mysteries. This would be better in an Alfred Hitchcock game though
>>
Episodic style adventure game with various different campaigns instead of one overarching plot. Combat sequences are infrequent and very difficult but fun to play. Most of it is about solving puzzles and maybe some basic platforming when appropriate.
>>
>>344900537
But the Alfred Hitchcock Hour was boring as shit.
>>
>>344901674
>Alfred Hitchcock was boring
Fuck off fag, you probably don't like Andy Griffith either do you?
>>
>>344902497
>you probably don't like Andy Griffith either do you?

You're drunk again, Otis.
>>
>>344902497
To be fair, Alfred Hitchcock Presents was just a shitty attempt to compete with the Twilight Zone and the overwhelming majority of the episodes weren't even directed by him.

His movies were great but that show was pretty shite.
>>
>>344903109
Presents started years before Twilight Zone ya dingus.
>>
it would be a program which when launched gave you the option of watching the twilight zone or downloading the twilight zone mobile gaming app

if you select the mobile gaming app, it detonates its internal c4 charge

if you select to watch the twilight zone, it offers you 4:3 or 16:9

if you select 16:9 it calls in an automatic hit on your family via the russian mafia
>>
File: donald.jpg (15 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
donald.jpg
15 KB, 224x216
>>344903109
The show was awesome, kill yourself. It was more about abnormal psychology and interrelationships as opposed to abnormal situations and events like the twilight zone was
>>
>>344898452
>Opening theme is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Gz8_xshlQ
>Eye open effect
>Opens to Ron Sterling's famous opening speech.
>Pans out to a man watching The Twilight Zone on an old television set.
>Thunder sounds happen and the screen beings to flicker. Power trips out.
>Protagonist now gets up to explore the house to get down to the basement to turn the power back on.
>After you go and flick the switch, the lights come on in the basement and a door is suddenly there that wasn't before.
>You go through the door and the game starts for real.
>>
>Most of /v/ is too young to know what The Twilight Zone is.

>>344901613

Is pretty much what I'd do.
>>
Favorite Twilight Zone episodes?

Mine is the one with the guy on the boat. He wakes up no idea why he's there. Shit happens and a u boat appears. Main guy is the captain of the u boat. Nazi dude is in hell, repeats after u boat blows up the other ship
>>
Hey guys, you gonna buy the Night Gallery sequel?

Neither am I.
>>
>>344907534
There's so many so I can't remember them all or pick a favourite. I really like the one where the bank robber was killed and thought he went to heaven.
>>
>>344905430
>internal c4 charge
>inside of a program
>>
>>344907534
The one where the police realize an alien crashed in a lake and is hiding among the people waiting out a blizzard in a diner.
>>
File: the_outer_limits_title_screen.png (70 KB, 1243x793) Image search: [Google]
the_outer_limits_title_screen.png
70 KB, 1243x793
play a better game
>>
>>344908380
This
>>
>>344907534

There's a shitload I like, but one of the first ones to jump to my mind is "And When The Sky Was Opened", the one about the three astronauts who's shuttle crashed on Earth and they started to fade from existence because they weren't supposed to survive. Another good one is The Exhibit, the one about a guy who keeps wax models of famous murderers in his basement.
>>
>>344907534
CAn't really remember much but the one that always stuck in my head was the "room for one more" episode.
>>
>>344907534
Wasn't that the one with the ghosts?
>>
>>344907534
One for the Angels, Time Enough At Last, The Howling Man, Eye of The Beholder, The Night of the Meek so far, from what I've watched.
>>
I just want a faithful tv series.

Fuck a game.
>>
>>344907534

A lot. What was the name of that one where the guy keeps ending up in a crazy carnival when he falls asleep, and he's convinced a woman there is trying to kill him?
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
>>344898452
Your favorite vidya is accused of being OOOOOOBSOLETE.

How do you plea?
>>
A tournament fighter with Rod Sterling as the announcer. Gonna need a mimic.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.