[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone here is talking about SMT: Nocturne, but what do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Everyone here is talking about SMT: Nocturne, but what do you think about Digital Devil Saga?
>>
>>344896319
its better than nocturne
>>
>>344897048
Why do you think so?
>>
>>344897307
Not having to deal with some of the worst negotiation in all of megaten helps.
>>
>>344896319
Looks interesting, I listen to the soundtrack often. I hope I can get around to playing it one day.
>>
There's futa.
>>
>>344897434
It's really cheap on PSN right now, something like 10$.
>>
File: 1459483480310.png (501 KB, 480x560) Image search: [Google]
1459483480310.png
501 KB, 480x560
>>344897607
Price isn't a problem, I've just got a lot of games on my plate at the moment.
>>
I want working SMT GO
>>
>>344896319
Two of the best games on the PS2. First game seems really rote until you get a few bosses in and you realize that there's some weirdness going on.

Part two starts with an absolute mind-fuck, and the ride keeps raping your mind until the grand finale.
>>
>>344896319
My favorite SMT game, actually
>>
>>344896319
I enjoyed the cannibalism aspect of the turn based gameplay. Exploiting weaknesses and resisting attacks will terrify enemies making them susceptible to "Devour" moves and net you bonus EXP/skill points. I liked the plot more than Nocturne's as well. One of the biggest annoyances I have with Nocturne is the negotiations and how nonsensical and random they are. DDS cuts the bullshit and just lets you fight and any planning involved gets results like setting up terrified enemies to be devoured. Even certain enemies are not meant to be eaten as to avoid a "stomachache" status ailment. Lastly the character skill growth is much better.

Nocturne is still worth a play but there's a lot less frustration to be had with DDS.
>>
>>344899247
So why SMT:N is getting so much praise?
>>
as a smt i dislike it because no demon fusion
fusion and demon raising are what makes the smt series so great to me

as a game in general it's okay
the soundtrack is amazing
the setting is wicked sick
but the encounter rate is painfully obnoxious
>>
Black Hole Sun
Oh woncha come
woncha coooooome
>>
>>344899754

Because it's a legitimately good game, it just has tons of bullshit to wade through. It's not a game that cares about your fun, or enjoyment, or time. Or fairness. Though for some that makes it all the more rewarding.
>>
>>344896319
Fucking great games but holy shit does DDS2 take a dive in quality in the last part. The boss refights are fun, but the game lost most of the things that set it apart from Nocturne, and the game really had no business giving you a massive win button like Reincarnate that renders random encounters moot.
>>
>>344896319
Pretty damn good.
>>
What are some of the best tracks?
>>
Combine the two games and you have probably the best OST in the entire franchise.

First game is amazing, second game kinda shits the bed in the last 20% or so, but overall, definitely one of the better games in the series.

>>344902359
Hunting - Comrades
Divine Identity
Hari-Hara
Battle For Survival

That last one is your standard battle theme in the second game. You will not get tired of it.
>>
imagine is best smt to be honest lads
>>
File: 1361667164518.jpg (65 KB, 582x376) Image search: [Google]
1361667164518.jpg
65 KB, 582x376
>Final dungeon in DDS2

>Suddenly Harley

>mfw I realize I get to kill Bat again
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.