[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does this get as good as the first game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88 KB, 332x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88 KB, 332x330
When does this get as good as the first game?
>>
>implying the first game was good
>>
File: 1463529759003.jpg (12 KB, 186x222) Image search: [Google]
1463529759003.jpg
12 KB, 186x222
It doesn't
>>
Ludex gundyr
>>
>>344895708
>Ludex
>>
right at the start
>>
Party crashing fight clubs at pontiffs
>>
best ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo
>>
>>344894823
it doesn't
it's fucking awful the whole way through
the undead settlement is the only well made zone
the rest are boring as fuck overly linear trash
>>
>>344896281
fucking awful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
thats a real ost for you joker
with actual lyrical meaning and instrumentals
>>
>>344897987
some more god tier ost's from the GOAT since we got more than 1 good song here and they're all better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mByDcrNSV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk8-pJkX8
>>
>PvP is basically the same group of people because it's so fucking boring
>You have to use specific builds and weapons to deal with ganks and dedicated gank squads
>The best way to play PvP is to not do anything and react with a fast weapon that has a 1K damage combo
>Recently found combo of the Caestus that does 1600 damage for the fuck of it

Worst PvP, and that's saying something, because the one in DaS2 was pretty fucking garbage. No variety, no reason to invade (again) and no reason to just participate in duels every day since everyone has the same build now.
>>
Never, despite it being Dark Souls 1.5.
>>
>>344897987
>>344898136
look at this dude
lmao
>>
is it at least better than ds2?
>>
>>344898231
I care most about bosses in the series. 3 has overall the best bosses but litterally everything else is inferior. Idk where i place it
>>
>>344898164
don't worry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA614N3IHD4
the best game is here for you, and every weapon is viable and an unfortunately bad matchmaking system still better than 3 but bad
>>344898332
no dark souls 2 did some things right and SOTFS is a decent game, whereas dark souls 3 is 19 easy boss fights 5+ of which are bad 0 good ost's linear shit zones no pvp weapon variety
and much
much less
>>344898231
dark souls 0.5*
>>344898301
if you were wondering why you feel such a craving to each a roll of toilet paper its to clean up your abysmal shit taste
>>
>>344894823
Never, but it constantly tries to remind you how good the first one was supposed to be

>mfw when I didnt even get first playthrough that Aldrich was just the thing attached to the DS1 boss' ass

>>344898332
Like that would be an achivement
>>
>>344898536
I'm just laughing at you for trying to push BB so hard.
>>
>>344898136
But anon you can like both osts and not be such a sperglord about it
https://youtu.be/tFRaZs6ri7s
https://youtu.be/RgIcULEEpgE
>>
File: 1457914311906.png (228 KB, 960x402) Image search: [Google]
1457914311906.png
228 KB, 960x402
>>344894823

Does anyone else feel that the costume options for 3 suck compared to the first two games? It's all "serious" armour sets without anything silly like the Desert Sorceress or Boar Helm. I tried out Demon Souls on a whim and was shocked at how colourful some of the armour pieces were compared to the drab and dreary DS3.
>>
>>344898373
the bosses are absolutely terrible
>ludex gundyr
a terrible pushover of a tutorial boss, who doesn't teach you much about the game other than that it has shallow combat and not many mechanics
>vordt
has like 4 attacks and is a complete pushover as simple as "hit my giant rectangular ass lol" his ost is half decent and thats all he has
>curse rotted tree
>hit me a few times in my weakspots
>my braindead easy to dodge boring spin around me attacks have a 10 second telegraph to dodge with i frames
>im gonna fall into the ground, here are 2 more weakspots
>let me get up
>oh no i fell over
>now finish me lol
>crystal sage
teleports around while you hit him and that is literally it
no lore no ost no nothing
>abyss watchers
one of the 2 good fights in the entire game an average ost, but sadly no lore value other than
"we guardin da obligatory skele level lawl"
>deacons of the deep
literally the normal zone enemies toned down
>high lord wolnir
im gonna sit here til you hit me a few times
be stunned to be hit a few times
then die
sometimes i might pull out my sword so the fight is below average
otherwise enjoy your absolutely shit fight
>old demon king
mediocre bigger version of the demon enemies with 1 neat lava wave attack and nothing else terrible ost terrible lore garbage
>pontiff
an average fight at first, but then he decides to become twice as weak in phase 2 while letting you hit him for 10 seconds straight in prep for phase 2
>yhorm
wasted potential
could have been a good fight
was made terribly too easy with obligatory one of our other games references lawl
>aldrich
average fight overall
decent lore for dark souls which is not so great lore ware
>dancer
average fight some cool attacks lazy shit ost
>dragonslayer armor
ORNSTIEN STR EDITION
LIKE 4 ATTACKS AND DRAGONS PUT IN TO MAKE THE FIGHT LESS CRAP
>oceiros
to be continued
>>
>>344898819
I'm laughing you can't play an actually good From game and are stuck with DaS3
>>
>>344899442
>oceiros
like darkbeast paarl but worse, a pathetic pushover whos mechanic is running around like darkbeast paarl without the same depth
of the attacks functioning interestingly from his lightning charging up throughout the fight
>champion gundyr
like the first boss, but a bit less shit. an annoyingly inconsistent charge attack that will spin 360 degrees around to hit you and a neato kick, average fight
>Twin princess
the only other good fight in the game other than abyss watchers
i give it 7/10 good fight
>ancient wyvern
is this crap even a boss? its just a normal zone dragon that you run around and 1 shot
>nameless kek
>check out my dragon it has 2 easy to dodge super easy to punish attacks and dies in 5 hits after you stagger it for a critical attack
>you killed my dragon
>nooowww im maaad
>im so maaad im gonna telegraph my attacks for 10 seconds that do a third of your health in damage and are never combo'd together
>with my massive punish windows you can heal and when you get me to half health you can critical attack me pretty much finishing the fight
g a r b a g e d a y
>soul of cinder
an average fight, interesting at first, then they decide to go full rehash
throw out the interesting fight they had
give him gwynns old moveset because lol
PLAY GWYNNS OLD OST BECAUSE XD
lazy finish to what could have been a good fight
also
>1 final boss
weak
>>
>>344899442
Look up some lore videos, some of the boss fights you mentioned actually have some pretty interesting lore (Abyss Watchers, Crystal Sage etc)
>>
list completed
theres all of dark souls 3s
""bosses""
>>344900016
dark souls """lore"""
DUDE LINK DAT MOTHA FUCKIN FIRE BUTTON XDDD
thats literally it
DEEZ DA GOOD GUYS
DEEZ DA BAD GUYS
DEEZ DA GOOD GUYS DAT ARE ALSO BAD GUYS
in bloodborne there are many factions and there are no good guys or bad guys
there is a huge deep moral question to the game and it is actually lyrically covered in gehrmans ost
>>
if dark souls 3 want's to be anything more than the worst 60$ i have ever spent, both of its dlc's must be old hunters tier
which they probably cant be considering dark souls lore cannot compete
but at least in the level design and gameplay aspect
even though i already know its gonna be the :PREPARE TO HARD
meme
>>
Has any Dark Souls 3 DLC been detailed yet?
>>
>>344898823
generic choir and generic violin is literally it, the only unique song that doesn't sound the same in the whole game is the crystal sage ost which is an intentional earsore
>>
>>344900460
its gonna be full of badly designed zones just like the main game and bosses because of the hard meme and will probably have some WaCKy nEw WEaPoN ArTs ThAt tOTtAly ArEnT UsEleSs
>>
alright im done here
gonna go fight gehrman and maria again, since they are such good bosses i have saves parked in front of them
>>
>>344900175
fuck you
seriously, why do you shit up the board with your filth?
>>
>>344900770

"More of the same" isn't really the same thing as "details."
>>
>>344900878

Have a good time and enjoy yourself!
>>
>>344894823
The first game was also bad, anon.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.