[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some necessary CRPGs? I know of Baldurs Gate and Planescape
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nfshvvd9lR1s71q1zo2_1280.gif (1001 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfshvvd9lR1s71q1zo2_1280.gif
1001 KB, 550x400
What are some necessary CRPGs? I know of Baldurs Gate and Planescape but not much else. POE came out a while ago and seemed interesting, but I'd rather play the classics first.
>>
Also, are the enhanced editions okay? I seem to remember hearing negative things initially.
>>
No, you've pretty much covered all the bases of Crappy Role Playing Games

Also Path of Exile is not a crpg
>>
>>344892306

Pillars of Eternity
>>
Divinity original sin
>>
>>344891138
Divinity Original Sin and Wasteland
>>
Dungeon Master
Ultima series
Ultima Underworld (first true 3D etc, worth mentioning separately)
Wizardry series
Bard's Tale

...and a lot more. If you're used to modern games, you're in for a wild ride.
>>
>>344891138
Neverwinter Nights. Original campaign isn't great, but the expansions are good, and so are a lot of the user-made modules. People are still making modules for it, because there haven't really been any RPGs since then with the same kinds of tools.

Don't play NWN2, though. It's just bad all around, and there are very few modules for it.
>>
>>344891138
Underrail is a new good one. Fallout 1 and 2 are CRPGs as well.
>>
>>344892780
What games allow me to go full master?
>>
>>344891138
Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas. Gothic 1 and 2. Arcanum,
>>
play scummvm games
>>
>>344893195
Probably most of them feel really challenging (at least the pre infinity engine ones) by nowadays standards, sometimes because of the mechanics and sometimes not, but Wizardrys are notorious for their difficulty if that's what you want.
>>
>>344891138
More from me >>344893406

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
The Age of Decadence
The Geneforge series
>>
File: sheltem.jpg (211 KB, 640x401) Image search: [Google]
sheltem.jpg
211 KB, 640x401
>>344891138
Might and Magic 3-6
Wizardry 6-8
Fallout 1 and 2
Ultima series
Neverwinter Nights just for the custom modules
>>
yeah, pretty much any black isle studios and/or troika game listed in this thread

strategic simulations inc had some good (older) rpgs too
> dark sun 1 and 2
> al qadim: the genie's curse
> entomorph: plague of the darkfall
> ravenloft 1 and 2
i played and enjoyed all of these in the 90s
>>
>>344893670
I want to go full master. Dungeon master. Where to start with wizardry?
>>
>>344897243
Dark Savant trilogy
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.