[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could there be a Fallout game that's set in the pre-nuclear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: Fallout 4.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
Could there be a Fallout game that's set in the pre-nuclear destruction era?
>>
Just go outside.
>>
>>344880195
I can't just go into the back rooms of random stores and loot their fridges IRL.
>>
>>344878836
Well it wouldn't be fucking Fallout then would it?
>>
>>344878836
Why would you want that?
>>
>>344878836
It would be kind of like gta but with laser and plasma weapons robot's and a 1950s aesthetic
Could be fun if done correctly
>>
>>344880606
>>344880857
>>
>>344881358
True but it would still be in the fallout universe
It could be called Pre-Fallout or something
Regardless if it was done right it could be very enjoyable
>>
>>344880606
It could be a fallout between you and your significant other.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYzeJAKvrKU
>>
>>344878836
if you have 'the day of the great war' maybe.

MC turns into a ghoul? they would never ruin the mystery of what happened by showing you that though.
>>
>>344878836
>game is called Fallout
>there is no Fallout
GEE WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK
>>
>>344880857
Also virus pandemics, food riots, hyper-inflation, martial law, a war economy and a doomsday clock about to hit midnight.
>>
>>344881932
That's the stupidest argument I've ever heard
>>
>>344878836
That would require a level of creative talent that simply isn't there in the current industry. But then again even if it were available, there is no incentive to go there when you can just rehash your trademark turd again and again.
>>
File: yrsptuhdbnah2uc3tex4[1].jpg (286 KB, 1035x800) Image search: [Google]
yrsptuhdbnah2uc3tex4[1].jpg
286 KB, 1035x800
>>344882101
>>
It's sad, to get motivation to play fallout 4 all over again 50 fucking times without ever getting to the end. I have a modding disease, i spend so much time testing mods i get fucking exhausted with the game because all of my saves are incompatible. Im tempted to download an endgame save say fuck it.
>>
Considering Bethesda can't do towns with more than 5 buildings and 7 npcs...fuck no.
>>
>>344880395
not with that attitude
>>
>>344882396
I get weird frame drops, using swashbuckling edition, didn't have many mods either, only scrap everything, perks unleveled, and mysterious magnum/m9 pistol.
>>
>>344882101
He bothered just so you would get the point
>>
>>344881932
Could be during the lead up to the war. Maybe some squads are fighting insurgents and PC has to decide if he wants to help civvies get to their Vaults. End scene is of the hero, watching as nukes start to land way out on the horizon.

It could be done, but I don't trust Bethesda to make something that isn't hyper simplified and hokey as all hell. If I could get a game that had the seriousness of the Pitt or Lonesome Road or Honest Hearts, I'd be golden. But nah, lets reduce all dialogue to INT=3 levels so console users can understand it.
>>
Not made by Bethesda since they seem to think the Old World was a pretty chill place and that the Resource Wars never happened.
>>
>>344882182
Would beth ever try to make or produce a spiritual successor? I'm pretty sure they're gonna milk that shit until 6.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 650x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 650x350
the anchorage dlc was pre nuclear anihilation
>>
>>344882281
Oh yeah thanks for reminding me
There would also be riot police in power armor!
>>
There could be. It wouldn't be as compelling though. A lot of Fallout's narrative is built around society rebuilding from the mistakes of the past and how they now live in the post-post-apocalypse.

I could see it working really well right after the bombs drop, a few years after or something like 50 years. That way you have people dealing with the catastrophe and how to live in such a messed up environment. There could be lots of scavenging, fighting with others for the last bits of non-irradiated food/water, trying to find shelter from the fallout, and other shit you'd deal with after the bombs dropped. Though I'll readily admit I have no idea if it would work realistically. That many nukes could make the country completely unlivable and thus silly to have any game set during the time before Fallout 1. Still, I could see it working.

Not to say Bethesda would do that or that it'd be good. Bethesda seems quite happy with just making wastelands filled with Fallout tropes like the BoS, wacky robots, and other bullshit. They don't care to put effort into anything unique or interesting for the overall narrative.
>>
>>344881705
>Why would anyone leave a youtube link uncommented like that?
>Click it
>Fo3
>Guy his voice sounds like pure autism
>Suddenly pony shit
>mfw
>>
>>344886321
Pretty sure that fella drops links to similar lets plays in NV & VTMB threads all the time. Just ignore him, lad.
>>
>>344885117
It was entirely a computer simulation.
>>
>>344885535
>I could see it working really well right after the bombs drop, a few years after or something like 50 years
That's Fallout 3. It was originally supposed to be that way, but for some reason they just changed the numbers, without changing the look and feel of the wasteland.
>>
>>344878836
Well, it would probably have to be fan made or be made using mods. Role play wise a game like that would be a fucking gold mine however pulling it off in the pre-apocalypse setting would be rather difficult due to it mostly being Riots about food shortages, starvation, new plague, rogue gangs or army deserters causing chaos along with the police in a Neo-fascist U.S that could barely hold it's common wealth's together. Couple that with the hue over population issue and the fact the shrinking 50's esthetic is clashing with that of the 60's 70's and kind of 80's then things get a little crazy.
>>
>>344888062
Has this claim ever been properly sourced? It's not that I don't believe it, because it makes a fuckload of sense, but I've never actually seen it confirmed.
>>
>>344885535
>Interesting Unique
HAHA FUCK YOU DREAM BOY
>vault boy slapped over literally everything possible
>Nuka cola Ran into the ground: xDDD LE BEST DRING IN TEH WACKY 50's WASTELAND because 200 years old luke warm flat cola is delicious.
>Destructive nature of humanity and the ability to rebuild
Nah, fuck that shit, cars go off with a nuclear explosion, shouldermounted nuclear launchers, because wacky 50's atomic wasteland, giant robot that kicks nuclear bombs like footballs, because "silly, wacky and violent 50's america xDDD"
Good fallout literally never ever again, enjoy watching the series be ran into the ground.
>>
>>344889342
>it makes a fuckload of sense

Not when you consider the existence of various "natural" mutations and some of the quests, e.g. Tranquility Lane.
>>
>>344889605
is it not conceivable that those were added later in the dev process?
>>
>>344880857
>>344882085
I kinda like the sound of this. Like, you somehow know that the button's going to be pushed in X amount of time, and have to scramble to settle a debt of blood before you lose your chance to the atom.
>>
>>344889872

Or maybe the idea of it taking place right after the bombs dropped was scrapped early.

Regardless, there's no evidence that it is true and the released game certainly doesn't support it. This seems like just another case of someone making something up and people considering the idea to be true based on no evidence other than the fact that they like it and it "sounds right."
>>
What if BOTH Obsidian AND Bethesda worked on this and they both made it into a great game?
>>
>>344891062
They really couldn't work together. Their ideas of what fallout is and should work is a bit too different. Unless they gave story writing and universe designing to Obsidian and the game functions to Bethesda then maybe it could work?
>>
>>344891243
It's possible
>>
>>344891487
Okay.
>>
>>344891487

It won't be when Obsidian goes out of business which will happen the second Paradox drops them.

And Paradox will drop them, every publisher does.
>>
Why not make a time traveling DeLorean mod for New Vegas to return to a pre war era? It could even include a quest line
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.