[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy Bombed At Japanese Box Office, Grosses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1468374050463.jpg (82 KB, 476x532) Image search: [Google]
1468374050463.jpg
82 KB, 476x532
http://gamingbolt.com/kingsglaive-final-fantasy-stutters-at-japanese-box-office-in-opening-week-grosses-only-345000
>Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy, the prequel movie to Final Fantasy 15, covering all the events that led to the game, just opened at the Japanese box office, and it languished, performing miserably and earning only ¥35,516,460 (roughly $345,000), selling only 22,818 tickets.

A BLUNDER 10 YEARS IN MAKING
>>
THE SPIRITS WITHIN 2.0
>>
We had this thread yesterday

5+ overwatch threads
10+ pokemon go threads
10+ shitposting threads

God damn
>>
>tales of berseria outdoing FF in japan
Its all ogre now

>source
Im on my phone and cant provide it
>>
How magic works in FFXV (lore wise) based on Kingsglaive

First of all, not everyone in Lucis can use magic or powers. Only the Lucis officials and Kingsward/Kingsglaive are given power by the King. The general military or the public police of Lucis does not have any powers at all, so they use guns. And yes Insomnia also uses guns. Each person also has different affinities with the magic and some have unique abilities. But generally, their powers are a fraction of what Regis can do. Kingsglaive can be seen using thunder magic, just like Regis, but actually they are using item based magic like Noctis. Regis can channel electricity directly from himself like a laser, but Kingsglaives throw magic which activates on whatever it hits. So technically speaking, they are not any different from the current state Noctis is in. Warping is also a pretty dangerous skill that not everyone can use either.

The ring itself, provides power to a worthy person. When a person wears the ring, it puts them into a stasis state which slows down time outside the rings space. Inside the ring, there are 3 past spirits of past Kings. And one must be judged through a trial and contract, only then to be provided with power. There are also 2 special abilities that comes with the ring.
The First Magic Barrier
The Second Magic Barrier
The latter barrier was the same barrier magic that enclosed Insomnia using the power of the crystal. The first magic barrier summons the giants Kings into a physical form. But using these abilities, actually puts much physical stress on the user. This is probably the reason why Regis had aged so quickly and he also states that he was almost depleted of his powers. Nyx also started to crystallize slightly as an effect from the first barrier magic. Nyx was also able to fully utilize the same powers that Regis had after obtaining the contract.

How is Noctis able to use his own powers independently? That is not explained.
>>
This shitty bait thread again without doing your research .
>>
Didn't the gooks on 2ch say it was great
>>
>>344877374
Are you fucking stupid?

That isn't a bomb by any definition.

http://variety.com/2016/film/asia/japan-box-office-independence-day-wins-weekend-1201811758/

People on this board need to learn how to read articles. The linked article is a ranking of user ratings and not how the movie performed at Box Office. On opening weekend, "Independence Day: Resurgence won its first weekend at the Japanese box office, with the promise of more victories to come. Opening on 963 screens with 20th Century Fox distributing, the film earned $5.57 million in its first two days on release from 382,000 admissions".

The source has this to say about Kingsglaive, "The only other new entry to the top ten, in tenth, was “Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV,” a CG sci-fi fantasy based on a popular game of the same title. With Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Aniplex co-distributing, the film opened on 44 screens and took $347,000. The film is set to bow in the U.S. on Aug. 19, with Stage 6 Films releasing." - That being said, the comparison between the number of screens showing the respective movies, given the money which they took, is still impressive for Kingsglaive. Works out at roughly $2000 per screen more than Independence Day: Resurgence.

Not to mention the movie was announced only 3 months ago and wasn't even planned for a theater release until recently.

>>344877475
Nope.
>>
>>344877721

you know this would seem way more cohesive if more was explained about the other kingdoms? what happened to the magic that other royalty can use?

why were they so helpless?
>>
>Making a FF movie about a FF that isn't even out yet
>Expecting to have more success than with Advent Children, a movie based off a well known and widely liked game that had been out for over 8 years
>>
>>344877785
It is. This thread is a faggot pretending it bombed even though it did fine.
>>
>>344877834
Can we turn this into a copy pasta as a thead null against op's shit post

Thank you
>>
File: 1461061403664.jpg (338 KB, 500x607) Image search: [Google]
1461061403664.jpg
338 KB, 500x607
Since this thread is made to garner (you's) lets talk about something else would you a kagari ?
>>
Someone post movie luna
>>
>>344877884
the other kingdoms can't use magic because they don't have crystals, they sucked their own crystals dry fighting each other while Lucis was sitting back advancing their civilization and so Lucis is now the only nation in the world with a crystal, the last remaining crystal.
>>
>>344877374
MOM'S GONNA FREAK
>>
File: 1450638846279.gif (365 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1450638846279.gif
365 KB, 700x500
>LOL LOOK AT THIS THING THAT BOMBED
>didn't actually bomb
I fucking hate TORtanic's effect on this board and I really want to just perma-migrate to /vr/
>>
ばかり
>>
>>344878068

wait, i thought all the other kingdoms were trying to fight off the empire and not each other?

and weren't lucis supposed to be allies with luna's kingdom?
>>
>>344878009
ye's
>>
>>344878172
Not him but no all other kingdoms were conquered. Tenebra were allies
>>
>>344877374
But that isn't a bomb.

>performing miserably
Yeah meanwhile the actual source that isn't clickbait was this

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-11/kingsglaive-final-fantasy-opens-at-no.10-on-japan-weekly-box-office-chart/.104192

It opened at 10th and barely got any advertising. Plus it was only first heard about in March.
>>
>>344878172
Nifelheim started fighting other nations for their crystals long time ago, they won most of their wars and started creating an empire, in the end they beat most of the nations with a crystal and used the crystals up to advance their military power.

Tenebrae was originaly an ally to the Lucian Kigndom but after a certain event that gets explained in the movie they changed sides and became part of the nifelheim empire.
>>
File: 1460288086389.jpg (144 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
1460288086389.jpg
144 KB, 1024x1365
>>344878180
You fell for my trap card I implore you to reconsider anon .
>>
>>344877908
KG actually was successful. OPs link is just clickbait and ignored it was only shown in 44 screens.
>>
>>344878476
No, i don't find her attractive but i would still fuck her if she asked me to.
>>
>26 posts 13 IPs
>XV kun alone made 13 posts
>>
>>344877834
Hello FFXV-kun
>>
>>344878658
This is my 3rd post in this thread.

>>344878743
Hi.
>>
>>344877721
So what exactly is the Kingsglaive ?
>>
>>344878996
Elite task force, sort of like knights.

Although as far as combat and stuff go they are more like Ninjas (even sort of dress like them) while being given some of the abilities of the royal line, like warping, while the Lucis Crownsguard are lead by Cor Leonis who is more like a Samurai.
>>
>>344877374
>says it bombed
>it actually didn't
>it was only on 44 screens and made 345k from 22818 tickets over the weekend in Japan
>it actually did well
>it actually did better than independence day 2 and warcraft
>despite being announced only 3 months ago and with no advertising, and not even originally going to be shown in cinemas.

Move along, nothing to see here. OP is just a clickbaiting retard.
>>
>>344879962
>samefagging

ok xv-kun we get it.
>>
>>344880227
that was my first post in this thread.
>>
>>344877374
How much does Blizzard pay you to shitpost it's competitors?
>>
>>344880735
You know what's hilarious? Warcraft movie was massively hyped for ages with a bunch of advertising and yet made $211,000 from 211 screens on the first two days. The XV movie wasn't even planned for a theater showing at first and was also only revealed 3 months ago, and yet still got $345k from 44 screens limited showing on first two days.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.