[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pokemon GO is the meme app of the month >Nintendo makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: 169.jpg (55 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
55 KB, 578x327
>Pokemon GO is the meme app of the month
>Nintendo makes tons of cash
>Nintendo begins to think that the future really lies in soulless cashgrab on mobile
>NX flops because they once again try to sell an underpowered machine with custom architecture
>slowly every IP becomes a freemium game on mobile
>goodbye good games, the only fucking point of Nintendo

Is this the beginning of the end?
>>
What if

Follow me on this one

What if
They made GOOD mobile games?
>>
>>344866161
nintendo stopped caring about making games in 2006 so it doesnt really matter now
>>
>>344866161
Really, this is all that happens when you force Pokemon Go threads to /vp/, you remove any actual discussion and yet you still get shitposting about it being bad.
>>
>>344866254
Good games and mobile games are mutually exclusive
>>
>>344866161
Why is it every time a new video game comes out, no matter what it is, there is like 10 shitposting threads about it? I'm starting to wonder about this place.
>>
File: 1467743286303.png (56 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1467743286303.png
56 KB, 401x372
>>344866254
What if I don't want to play mobile games?
>>
>>344866254
Yeah because GO is good, am i rite folks?

I want fucking complete proper games with the classic simple and well thought gameplay from Nintendo, not boring cashgrabs, you can't make good freemium games because the only purpose is trying to sell you stuff. God, even Kardashian's games ask you for less money than fucking GO
>>
>>344866254
Literally not possible with the growth of mircrotransactions
>>
>>344866161
>still unironically giving a shit about nintendo

Brought it on yourself senpai.
>>
>>344866335
I politely disagree but totally support your opinion, which is totally unrelated to your sexual identity and race.
>>
>>344866401
I disagree. I think GO is actually a legitimately good game.

Yes, it's got nowhere near the depth or feature set of the mainline pokemon games, but lack of depth has never meant bad. Not really. If it did, Tetris wouldn't still be a thing.

What there is, in GO is incredibly well put together for what it is,. It's not PERFECT, but it's well designed, well balanced, and provides an experience physically impossible on any other hardware. How is any of that bad?
>>
File: IMG_2749.png (566 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2749.png
566 KB, 960x640
>>344866254
It's impossible anon. If a half assed beta of a "game" manages to fucking make millions overnight, then the bar is sitting on the floor.

Pic related, this is the grave you've chosen. Mobile shit is literally pachinko tier
>>
>>/vp/
>>
>>344866629
>aimlessly repeating the same gestures counts as "well put together"
>forcing the social aspect as the second coming of christ pretending that most people aren't just cunts and that we don't all secretly despise one another
>validating 90s nostalgia, facebook memes and whatnot

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>344866161
>meme app of the month
I don't get this. What other app had such a huge popularity only to flop after 1-2 months?

I'm not saying GO will last for years, but it's naive to think it will go down so early.
>>
>>344866161
>beginning of the end of a series that fell down the shitter in gen 3 and died in 4
nigga what
>>
>>344866737
I like how this is the example everyone trots out as terrible mobile game design that EVERY GAME IS GOING TO BE ONE DAY OH FUCK
But completely forget that EA was called out something hardcore on that shit and literally nobody likes that game.
>>
>>344866887
>aimlessly repeating the same gestures

That's the single most meaningless phrase of all time.

Literally every game ever made is "aimlessly repeating the same gestures" when you get down to it.
>>
File: ITS NOT FAIR.jpg (124 KB, 578x1284) Image search: [Google]
ITS NOT FAIR.jpg
124 KB, 578x1284
>>344866161
>MAKE IT STOP
>>
>>344866737
You literally picked out an example that everyone shit on. No one was defending this trash.
>>
>>344866629
>I disagree. I think GO is actually a legitimately good game.

It's an app

>Yes, it's got nowhere near the depth or feature set of the mainline pokemon games, but lack of depth has never meant bad. Not really. If it did, Tetris wouldn't still be a thing.

Tetris actually has fucking depth. There's SKILL involved.

>What there is, in GO is incredibly well put together for what it is,. It's not PERFECT, but it's well designed, well balanced, and provides an experience physically impossible on any other hardware. How is any of that bad?

It's a fucking copy of ingress.

Honestly, I'd rather just play fucking pokemon snap, and I fucking hated that game. At least that game has some depth and will still be remembered as an old classic. Pokemon go is a fad that will just spawn thousands of shitty copies.

I'm fucking calling it: Minions GO will get announced soon, mark my fucking words.
>>
File: 1452307247190.jpg (469 KB, 1900x1331) Image search: [Google]
1452307247190.jpg
469 KB, 1900x1331
>>344866254
mobile games by design aren't good
only having 2 buttons (really only 1 reliably), forced F2P, retarded gameplay that has no longevity

there's a reason most of the top mobile games are shitty puzzle games
>>
>>344866161
you really dont like it when people enjoy something you dont, only child syndrome?
>>
>>344866919
>Emerald
>Platinum
>BW2
>Not the pokemon masterrace

So how did it happen anon? Was it an accident? How did you receive such brain damage to actually putting together this post?
>>
>>344866374
you finally understand the point of view of the master race, anon
>>
>>344866161
they want to make a movie now
http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/13/12171524/pokemon-go-movie-legendary-warcraft
>>
>>344866161

>NX will fail because underpowered hardware
>Nintendo will abandon consoles because they can be successful on underpowered mobile

???
>>
>>344866161
Flavor of the month, huh? Just like overshit?
>>
>>344867295
This is infuriating. It's an old rumor, well before GO. And it takes MONTHS for this kind of deals, not hours, MONTHS, if they started talking about a movie isn't because GO you fucking amerifats and your memes I hope you burn all
>>
>>344867303
Moron
>>
>>344866287
This.

Iwata killed the company with the Wii and there is no recovery.
>>
>>344866161
Pokemon Go is simply an advertising idea that ended up making millions. They are going to keep PoGo going and ramp it up in time for Sun & Moon and that game will fucking explode because normies considered Pokemon to be a child's game. Now it's something they love and they have the spark of childhood glee reborn. Nintendo is entering a golden age that they haven't seen since 1990.
>>
Buttblasted Sony fanboys are invading /v/ with their tears. Can the mods do something about these losers. NO Let them keep posting. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1410139642052.jpg (10 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
1410139642052.jpg
10 KB, 211x212
>>344867389
>tfw overwatch has been out for nearly two months and you salty dogs keep calling it flavour of the month

stay mad, my man
>>
File: 214352141.png (181 KB, 960x417) Image search: [Google]
214352141.png
181 KB, 960x417
Pokemon GO is just like all the other generic mobile games
>Collect random units
>Find more of the same units, merge them together(evolving a single mon in this case)
>Don't actually get what you want, when you want it(eggs, pokemon spawns)
>Spend real money to increase your chances of getting what you want (which probably won't happen)
>>
Holy crap people can't just enjoy things around here.
I mean shit, the game isn't great, it's buggy and lackluster at the moment, but it's getting kids out of the house like we used to if you're not underagedb& and playing outside in groups. You faggots need to ruin the mood about everything so you can be "oh look, I hate things, everyone else is a retard" superior.

OP, people like you are literally the cancer of society.
>>
>>344867060
You're doing the thing everyone does though, and confusing the status quo with maximized potential.

Yes, mobile gaming sucks.
But mobile gaming doesn't HAVE to suck.

Go back to the early 80s, PC and console games took a similar trajectory; making quick cash grabs before destroying the industry from the inside out and discovering that artistry and craftsmanship can, in fact, be marketable.
Mobile gaming is going through a similar thing. Yes, there will be mindless copycats, but those are going to be there regardless of medium or hardware.

You can't look at a modern cell phone, a device with incredibly powerful hardware for its size that's always connected to the internet and always at your side, with half a dozen modes and means of input that consoles can't even dream of, and tell me there's no potential for good games there. You'd literally have to be delusional not to see what could be.

We just haven't got anything legitimately unique and great yet because there's been no financial incentive yet, but Pokemon Go is the light at the end of that tunnel.
>>
File: 1448563232599.jpg (77 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
1448563232599.jpg
77 KB, 887x1097
>WHAT IF THEY MAKE A GOOD MOBILE GAME
>/v/: "BAW GOD...IT CAN'T BE DONE! HE ONLY HAS ONE BUTTON, WHILE THE CHAMP HAS A MILLION!'
/v/'s quitter attitude sounds literally like wrestling commentary
>>
>>344867656
You just proved my point, kind of.
>>
>>344867686
what is with the
>you hate it because its fun meme
i have not seen it as much before but when people talk shit or don't like this app people just say u hate fun
>>
>>344867686
Just remember when DDR was popular and it was getting shit on, but kids that would probably be fat asses right now aren't.
You don't need to be critical of everything, you have no friends and that means no one to impress.
So learn to have fun you fucking faggot
>>
>>344867686
>enjoying shitty cashgrab

I mean anon, it's not my fault that you're retarded and I'm not.
>>
>>344867737
It's been fucking years and the state of the art mobile games are:

1. Angry Bird (a literal 10 year old newgrounds flash game)
2. Candy Crush (a literal flash game)
5. Subway surfers or whatever that shit is called (literally a copy paste from that one other game)
3. Pokemon GO (literally the 3DS's AR game with invisible and randomly placed cards)
4. Clash of Clans (babies first browser game)

That shit had its chance
>>
>>344866161
It's got that monster rancher quality, where you just start looking through your whole collection of CDs seeing what's inside each of them, but instead of rummaging through shit you'll never listen to again you talk a walk around your neighborhood seeing what critters you'll find around the next corner.

The problem is there is no long term hook, it is most certainly a fad game. I haven't played it, I don't own a cellphone or give a fuck but from what I've seen unless they add some serious depth to it soon everyone will stop giving a fuck. It's already happening, the game peaked and now it's already declining rapidly. The fact you can't pokemon battle with that guy you meet walking by is a serious black mark on it and is going to kill it.
>>
I think Nintendo moving into mobile is a really good thing, because now they can appeal to the non-gamer casual audience through that platform instead, and use their consoles can be focused entirely on the core audience.

Explain to me how this is not a good thing that will gradually reverse the damage that the Wii has done to the brand. This is a great thing. Let the casuals have their mobile Nintendo shovelware, that'll only make it LESS likely for casuals to buy the NX and become the NX's target audience.
>>
>>344867901
That wasn't the point of it anon. Did you see the part that said it was a buggy mess?
The point was to learn not to be so pessimistic. The game isn't great, but people like OP have to shit on everything to maintain a superiority complex. The difference with this game is that it's literally helping health, it's encouraging good things, physical and mental. A kid isn't going to want to run on a treadmill or jog on the block if they aren't into it, but they will walk/run with their friends to find a Pokémon half a mile away.
>>
File: ty.jpg (3 KB, 192x115) Image search: [Google]
ty.jpg
3 KB, 192x115
>>344867686
>OP, people like you are literally the cancer of society.

Why are you getting mad at a bunch of stinky weeaboo virgins sperging out at Pokemon Go on their containment board. It makes you look pathetic.
>>
>>344867731
P2W and microtransaction didn't exists back then. There won't be any quality revolution on mobile, because quality implies a price tag (and pirating is far too easy on android) while microtransaction are easy money. I'm sorry but we already had the revolution on mobile, and was from shitty add filled games to shitty freemium games, we're not going to go to real games, not until Apple and Google Windows10fy their OSs.
>>
>>344866426
Honestly the microtransactions are pretty null. As long as you live near an area with a couple of pokestops you'll never need to buy any potions or revives. As for incense and lures they're kinda useless in the unless there are absolutely no Pokemon nearby, probably due to living in a rural area; even then it's only really useful for farming stardust unless you really need an army of rattatas and pidgys.

So does the microtransactions give people the advantage? Not really.
>>
>>344868045
you're forgetting that candycrush is literally bejeweled
>>
>>344867936
Here's your
>(You)

The games a 5/10 at best, but it encourages good things that society has lacked in the past years. Stop being a retarded faggot.
>>
These people are the kind that should probably get out of their basements. Vitamin D is important /v/.
>>
>>344866161
>Exercise app is making a ton of fat kids walk
>4chan hates it
Pokemon GO is a nice idea, I don't know how anyone can hate it.
>>
>/v/ confirmed for worse than /vg/
I hope you're proud, fampais.
>>
>>344868231
What if there was a game that was both good AND freemium?

What if this is just the start and before too long we found a way to implement F2P features into a game in a way that's organic, non-contentious, and and non-predatory?

Honestly, the F2P model in GO is pretty damn great on its own. There's nothing in the shop that directly contributes to your success as a player, and nothing is gated off from you if you don't spend anything, which is the way it should be.
>>
>>344868750
/vg/ are just autists that discuss the same game forever

But yeah, at least they dedicate themselves to sorta good games, /v/ is currently dedicating their selves to fucking overwatch and a fucking mobile game. We are probably worse than /jp/ now
>>
>>344868851
/V/ hasn't always been this bad. It started after all the oldfags left after gamergate.
>>
>>344868851
If you're on 4chan, you're automatically an autist. We're just autists for different things. But the denizens of /vg/ aren't half as toxic as /v/. We're almost as bad as /b/.
>>
Everything is cancer.

Can't you just employ regular wording like you used to before you turned 14?
>>
File: bowserpoop.jpg (48 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
bowserpoop.jpg
48 KB, 900x506
>>344866161
>slowly every IP becomes a freemium game on mobile

nintendo is already testing the waters by licensing our their IP to things otherwise unrelated to gaming/gamers. pic related.
>>
>>344869052
>If you're on 4chan, you're automatically an autist.

According to new /v/, autism and perma /v/irgin are just stereotypical memes anon.
>>
>buy a few pocket cell phone jammers online
>drive down to nearby college campus
>seek out pokespots, place jammers nearby
I'm considering getting some cameras set up just to watch the normies freak out when they finally get to their pokespot and can't catch anything

Also all of you get the fuck off this board, you don't belong here
>>
>>344866887
>aimlessly pushing the same button counts as "well put together"
>>
>>344869172
That's a lot of work to go through, anon.
It sounds like you need to talk to someone about your depression.
>>
>>344869081
Things like that have been around since the l8 80s though.
>>
>>344869172

Aren't those super fucking illegal?

What if someone needs to call 911, anon.
>>
File: 1465913938464.jpg (65 KB, 539x480) Image search: [Google]
1465913938464.jpg
65 KB, 539x480
>>344866161
>Nintendo
>good games
This meme is still ongoing for 20 year now
>>
This thread is exactly the /v/ I remember.

Bored at work, haven't been to this cesspool forever, thought I'd check this place out again. Good to see everyone's still trying to think of reasons to hate popular things. Never change!

Also, is Pokemon Go even considered a game? It's just a dumb app.
>>
>>344869172
>autism
>>
File: poochie.png (62 KB, 627x437) Image search: [Google]
poochie.png
62 KB, 627x437
>>344869398
>That's a lot of work to go through
Spite is a good motivator

>>344869592
>Aren't those super illegal?
Yes.
>What if someone needs to call 911
Well then they'd better not be at a pokespot on campus
>>
>>344869172
Isn't it funny to see those normies sperg about Such thing? You wouldn't be able to do it without pokemon go.
I like pokemon go, but this must be the best thing i've heard about it. FUCKING DO IT FAGGOT!
>>
>>344869172
>willing to become a felon with his gun rights taken away because some people are having fun

why do you hate fun?
>>
>>344869796
>willing to become a felon
I don't even go to college, I have no reason to ever go back to that campus unless I want to set up cameras.
>>
>>344869903
>I don't even go to college
Oh.
Gee.
What a surprise.
>>
>>344869778
>ruin people's day because you hate a cellphone app
This is coldsteel levels of edge
>>
>>344870104
>paying out the ass for a degree that became worthless nearly a decade ago
Enjoy that retail position at FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
>>344870240
You're hanging out at colleges trying to ruin other people's fun. Not sure you've got things figured out like you think you do.
>>
>>344870240
>Professor
>Tuition paid in full by grants and campus job
A little projection there.
>>
File: eldonte.jpg (26 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
eldonte.jpg
26 KB, 426x240
>>344870356
Correction: I've got time to go place jammers on a campus because I've got a salaried position where I work from home

Stay jelly normalfag
>>
NX is a Tegra powered tablet
Pokemon GO is only the beginning of the new generation for Nintendo. Everything will be shovelware mobile games. Nintendogs on the DS will look like a masterpiece in comparison.
>>
>>344870474
Is "work from home" the new euphemism for NEET?
>>
File: Gzy60Fu.png (20 KB, 857x465) Image search: [Google]
Gzy60Fu.png
20 KB, 857x465
>>344867656
Oops! Looks like not even muh new hero could save Overshill from falling into obscurity.
>>
File: 1463352885717.gif (90 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
1463352885717.gif
90 KB, 480x272
>>344866161
>Before Pokemon Go
>"Nintendo doesn't change anything! They're in the past! Nintendo only makes Rehashes!"
>After Pokemon Go
>"Where did good Nintendo go? What happened to the "good" games? Why did Nintendo betray us?"

The irony from the falseflaggers is unreal.
>>
>>344870568
As much as I hate the fanfare around the non-game that is Pokemon Go, Nintendo had literally nothing to do with it. They just gave the license to a mobile app dev.
>>
>>344870474
>work from home
KEK
>>
>>344870572
My dad supported my family for years working from home, so not necessarily.
>>
>>344870660
>looking at the app
Yeah it misses the Nintendo polish of actually working perfectly
>>
File: no.png (155 KB, 330x235) Image search: [Google]
no.png
155 KB, 330x235
>gotta go outside to try pokemon go
>get my sweaty teddys on
>get 3 blocks down the sidewalk, burning up
>see a group of other kids
>two girls and a guy, clearly playing
>wave at them, holding up my phone
>they give me the normie look
>they literally 180 and leave

Pokemon GO is fucking stupid
Nothing has changed
i just emulate off bluestacks now
>>
File: 1359668155076.gif (4 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
1359668155076.gif
4 MB, 298x224
>mfw that how people feel about pokemon go is how I feel about all these new actual games getting released while getting hype and talking about them and eventually playing them

>mfw knowing normies have just under a week before their casual app fades into obscurity and they go back to their miserable lives without exploring the real world of video games

>90% of these people wont play sun or moon and on the off chance they do will instantly be turned off by the difficulty and mental engagement an actual game requires

>mfw Apple literally makes more money on this than Nintendo and Nintendo is frantically redrawing it's future structural plans around mobile gaming right now

Everything is as it should right now. Nintendo is digging their own grave, the enjoyment people are getting from Go will soon rebound and launch normies right back into their shithole miserable casual lives they emerged from and I'll soon get to play the best Pokemon before the series gets ported to mobiles for good.
>>
>>344866161
>successful mobile game gets made by one of the big 3
>he thinks they'll stop making normal games in favor of mobile games instead of doing both
Found the idiot that knows nothing about even basic business. Get gen7 if you want to play a real Pokemon game, sperglord.
>>
>>344868356
Really the microtransactions are just there, as you implied, to help people who live in rural areas and htus don't have the benefit of pokestops, gyms, and pokemon actually spawning that city people do.

Microtransactions are pretty much a tax on players who don't live in cities. Which is kind of bullshit really. It goes against everything the original games stood for, where Pokemon are in the tall grass and the best way to find them is going out into open fields and exploring the countryside. Instead Pokemon Go punishes people who actually live in the countryside by making the only way to easily play the game for free being if you live in or have easy access to the big, stinky, city, which for some reason is where all the wild animals are now.
>>
>>344871139
>Really the microtransactions are just there, as you implied, to help people who live in rural areas and htus don't have the benefit of pokestops, gyms, and pokemon actually spawning that city people do.
No, they're there to prey on people missing the part of their brains that register micro-transactions as real money and tell them to stop.

Pokemon Go, like literally every freemium game ever made, is designed to profit off the minuscule percentage of people who will literally ruin their lives funneling money into digital bullshit. Freemium games make 90% of their profit from less than 1% of players. It's an addiction machine.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (34 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
34 KB, 600x539
>>344870853
>pokemon
>difficulty and mental engagement
this is some 10/10 bait
>>
>>344871139
>game version 0.29
>implying its not gonna get more shit in rural places once 1.0 hits
>>
>>344868045
Yeah, this is true
>>
>>344866161
Thanks for shitting up /v/ with yet another fucking Pokemon thread.
This is why you faggots need to stay in your containment board.
>>
Every response to criticism against this app summed up:
>Yes I agree it's fundamentally mediocre and broken but but I'm still having fun
>You're just fat/an outcast/a virgin/a salty sonygger
>It's popular so it can't be bad
>>
File: poke.jpg (44 KB, 644x644) Image search: [Google]
poke.jpg
44 KB, 644x644
I'm bothered because the person that took this picture while driving on the freeway went on a rant about it being fucked up to play pokemonz while driving.

either way this shit has gone too far and it hasn't even been a week yet.
>>
>>344868045
6. Love Live School Idol Festival (real rhythm game with great music)

But go on, let's pretend mobile has no potential.
>>
File: Saraswati.jpg (75 KB, 490x699) Image search: [Google]
Saraswati.jpg
75 KB, 490x699
>>344871909
You forgot the part where mobile games should be despised by everyone on /v/, no exception, because they ONLY cater to the casual.
>it's literally ok when nintendo does it
Sage for /vp/ shit, mobile games arent vidya, they are trash and our Vidya doesnt deserve that.
>>
>>344871910
>Shit like this actually exists in the states
That's kinda fucked up
>>
If you're upset then join team rocket
>>344872035

Be all you can be, anons
>>
>>344867656
ha, no one is falling for retarded gimmicks like VR and POGO
>>
What's with this board obsession of wanting Nintendo to fail even when they're doing great?
>>
>>344866161
as soon as gen 3 pokemon get added the game is gona get dropped by people
>>
>all these made sonyponies

keep crying please
>>
>>344868162
>hey can appeal to the non-gamer casual audience through that platform instead, and use their consoles can be focused entirely on the core audience.

That's not how Nintendo thinks and you know it. When they find something that the audience likes, they go all in on it. Just like the Wii. Or Amiibos. Or dual screen gaming. There's a MUCH better chance that this will lead to Nintendo trying to shoehorn casual PoGo-esque social crap into the NX than creating a philosophical rift across their platforms.
>>
File: 1436653563153.jpg (645 KB, 1800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1436653563153.jpg
645 KB, 1800x1000
>>344872116
Most of the time they give you an estimation of traffic times or let you know that there is an accident ahead. On holidays they switch to "drive hammered, get nailed".
>>
>>344866161
The way this game is trended is very unsettling, mainly because I just finished another playthrough of TWEWY and it reminds me of the red pins, anyone else come up with this comparison?
>>
File: King-Size_Homer.png (246 KB, 481x365) Image search: [Google]
King-Size_Homer.png
246 KB, 481x365
>>344870474
>work from home
>>
>>344872353
I wasn't talking about the billboard, that exists everywhere

I was talking about Pokemon Go being an issue while driving, such an issue that it has to be mentioned
>>
>>344866361
>starting
Has anyone ever told you you're a bit slow?
>>
>autistic guy at work calls everyone playing this a normie.
Eric you better keep cleaning up that puke in the toy section
>>
>>344872658
Pokemon Go only exacerbates the already existing issue of people being stupid enough to use a phone while driving.
>>
>>344872658
I imagine that that issue will exist outside of the US as well once it is released globally.
>>
>>344866161
Every company will make what people are willing to pay for. So it's the people who are cancer. They are the reason why we have so many shitty games now.
>>
>>344867038
>Honestly, I'd rather just play fucking pokemon snap

How am I gonna grab a few beers with friends and sit on grass, under a pokestop, on the coastline, throw down a lure, chat, have fun, and watch nerds getting lured to our lure and have some small talk with them in pokemon snap?

I think you should try to get a few friends anon. They are fun.
>>
>>344869172
This is the saddest thing I have read this month.
>>
>>344873613
>needing vidya to grab a beer
>literally playing fucking pretend

God just go to facebook why the fuck are you even here this is an ANONYMOUS yotsuba imageboard you stupid shit you won't make friends just get the fuck out you're in the wrong place Jamal.
>>
>>344866161

Nintendo made it obvious since the Wii they didn't want Nintentoddler money anymore

You only have yourselves to blame for not listening to /v/ and everyone who told you this

They are company first and formost, cashmoneydollar is the only thing that matters to them not Nintentoddler feelings.
>>
>>344866161
Slipppin and a sliding on this fallacy~
>>
File: panic.gif (190 KB, 200x381) Image search: [Google]
panic.gif
190 KB, 200x381
>>344873613
>hey why don't you, the nerd on the anime-based video-game-discussion image board, enjoy sitting on the edge of a lake and meeting a constant stream of new people?
Normalfags get out
>>
File: cat confused.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
cat confused.png
325 KB, 382x417
>>344866161
>Nintendo makes tons of cash
But it's a free app without any ads?
How are they making any money?
>>
>>344873876
I was joking about you needing friends part but now I feel sad because I was actually right.
>>
>>344873995
>Normalfags get out

Make me.
>>
>>344874060

You buy things ingame my mane
>>
>>344874062
>being this much of a fedora tipper
>>
>>344874060
You can buy in-game items and stuff with real money.
>>
File: 1403645668170.jpg (65 KB, 462x431) Image search: [Google]
1403645668170.jpg
65 KB, 462x431
>>344867019
>inviziwho vs a brand that dominated the youth in vidya, trading cards, toys and anime in the 90's and early 00's
>>
>soulless

The game is inflaming the passions of scores of millions of people. Nothing soulless could do that.
>>
>>344873876
Why are you this butthurt over normal people having fun with a video game? Did you think having fun with a videogame was exclusive to shut-in ugly nerds with 0 social skills and no expectation from life?
>>
This is the best Nintendo related game released in years, nobody wants to buy shitty Nintendo consoles, at least now Nintendo are slightly relevant

I hope they keep pushing for mobile games as they can accomplish just as much on phones as they can on their own underpowered gimmickware
>>
>>344874154
No-one forces you to.

>>344874236
>can

I don't believe for a single second that more than 5% of the playerbase buys things from the in-game shop.
>>
>>344866161
just wait for the dev team to add new features to the game and will have the GOTYAY all years
>>
File: 1331411337391.gif (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1331411337391.gif
1 MB, 300x188
>people playing at the fucking Holocaust Museum
>Koffings found in the area
>>
>>344874234
Better than being a lonely fuck who gets triggered by normies having fun.
>>
>>344868045
Damn. You're right.
>>
>>344866161

I am glad you are angry, I hope you all die from anger key.

This game is great fun and everything else Nintendo produces is shit so guck your terrible hipster tastes. Bring on a plethora of more mobile games like this.

I hope they realize this too and stop making consoles than normal people can play their games without buying a rip off outdated console that is no use
>>
>>344874378
5% of 80% of the United States is a pretty big number, anon.

Big enough to make Nintendo's stocks rise the maximum amount in like a day.
>>
This game is great, I love that everyone is playing it. Choke on my dick, video games aren't a secret club, especially casual shit that Nintendo has always specialized in

I hope this is the direction Nintendo keep going in, maybe people will actually play their games now
>>
>>344873613
>I think you should try to get a few friends anon.
I love this excuse
>>
>>344874279
Minecraft did.
>>
you'd have to be a literal 30 year old virgin to be upset about people enjoying a Pokemon game, this is the best game with nintendos name on it in like a decade
>>
>>344868045
You forgot flappy bird.
>>
>>344874806

Except jaded retards like you clearly have no friends, shot posters are people with no friends, everyone knows this .

It's a social game with emphasis on player interaction, obviously a virgin like you will get no use out of it if tot never leave your house and have no phone as a side effect of having no friends so stop being mad you loser and let people enjoy what is BY FAR the best Nintendo game for years
>>
>>344874852
I didn't see Nintendo anywhere in the game
>>
>>344875153

Are you pretending that Nintendo doesn't own Pokemon?
>>
>>344875015
>Except jaded retards like you clearly have no friends, shot posters are people with no friends, everyone knows this .
Get a little more triggered why dont you, also I'm not the guy you responded to earlier.

>It's a social game with emphasis on player interaction
>player interaction
wew

But at this point I can at least tell your shitposting
>and let people enjoy what is BY FAR the best Nintendo game for years
>>
File: 1466006719181.jpg (34 KB, 328x489) Image search: [Google]
1466006719181.jpg
34 KB, 328x489
>>344875015
>what is BY FAR the best Nintendo game for years
>>
>>344868837
>What if this is just the start

this implies that GO is the start of something. It's not. It's another bad "game" with p2w nickel and dime bullshit
>>
>>344875621
the difference is that it's p2w nickel and dime bullshit that's established a fanbase over two decades and only gets bigger now that it's easily accessible
>>
>>344875273
>Get a little more triggered

This whole thread is proof for virgins triggered by a game aimed at normies.
>>
>>344866374
well if you dont want to play mobile games dont, but if nintendo went mobile you would just have to move on or whip out your phone
>>
>>344876104
Every pokemon game is aimed at normies and hardly anyone gets triggered over that.
But go ahead and keep making assumptions
>>
>>344876497
>hardly anyone gets triggered over that.

Literally read this thread, and other countless threads over pokemon go. Let me even spoonfeed you >>344869172
>>
>>344876678
I was referring to every other pokemon game ever made, but reading is hard isn't it?
>>
>>344875260
They don't. TPCi, GameFreak and Creatures own Pokemon alongside Nintendo. Further proof is how anal TPCi is with the Pokemon amiibo functionability. Frankly, I like how they can hold Nintendo by the balls and make demands any other company couldn't get away with.
>>
>>344866629
You are wrong then.
I hate this "what's in there is well designed" when it has quite possibly the worst battle system ever seen in a Pokemon game by a large margin.
>>
File: n054fnds709x[1].jpg (95 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
n054fnds709x[1].jpg
95 KB, 540x960
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>344876868
Than you statement makes no sense because I was talking about people getting trigerred over pokemon go.

But whatever, shit why do I even bother
>>
>>344877312
antisemetic
>>
File: 1466530677029.png (124 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1466530677029.png
124 KB, 325x325
>goodbye good games, the only fucking point of Nintendo

Haha, no. Nintendo peaked with the GBA and has been consistently going down ever since.
>>
>>344869052
/pol/ is worst tho
>>
>>344877345
>Than you statement makes no sense because I was talking about people getting trigerred over pokemon go.

>This whole thread is proof for virgins triggered by a game aimed at normies.

Why do I even bother with you if you can't read
>>
>>344874259
>brand that dominated the youth in vidya, trading cards, toys and anime in the 90's and early 00's
This is literally the only reason Pokemon GO succeeded and it's still a piece of shit as a game.
>>
>m-memes!
>le cancer!
Zero creativity, /v/. Pokemongoloid is right there in your face and you're clamoring to use the same words that are familiar to you.
>>
>>344873613

That sounds gay as fuck
>>
>>344866254
that would actually be the biggest gaming revolution since... well since forever actually.
>>
>>344866254
>Miitomo
>Pokémon Go

Not off to a good start. Besides, I don't want to play games on a "system" with no fucking buttons.
>>
It's fun, it gets me on my skateboard, and I've actually talked to other humans that I've never met before without being immediately annoyed.

/v/ always hates what's popular, whether it's good or bad, it's immediately shit. I would welcome more depth to this game only because I can tolerate it as a simple game, too. So, even if it were the DwarfFortress of Poke'mon games, I'd still be out there cruising around, and chances are, so would millions of other people, because it's fucking Poke'mon.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 214x190) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 214x190
>>344866254
>mobile games
>good
>>
I've never seen /v/ this butt hurt in my life before when browsing here
>>
>>344869778
I can see it now local edge lord arrested for setting up jammers when someone tried to call 911 his words are "Reeee! I hate Pokemon Go!"
>>
This thread needs more humor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX-HPVSgx8A
>>
File: 1467306062161.jpg (9 KB, 196x225) Image search: [Google]
1467306062161.jpg
9 KB, 196x225
>>344867686
Eventually, Nintendo will realize that they're wasting money developing actual games and actual systems when it's far more profitable (and easier) to just shit out mobile garbage. Some of us still have standards and don't want to see Nintendo end up like Konami.

What is so wrong about that?
>>
>>344880831

How about, anyone who likes King of the Hill is a fatty fat mcshit philistine with no taste in entertainment media, let alone video-games.

Also:

>King of the Hill fan
>playing a game that promotes movement
>>
I think that you all got butt hurt because you need to get out of your home and fucking walk.
Today I got a chance to meet new friends. The game is good, only thing it lacks is the competition. Let say there is a rare Pokémon, and who every comes to it first it is his. And fightning sould be player v player.
Other than that its a new age of advanture games.
>>
File: 1279467361894.jpg (48 KB, 720x528) Image search: [Google]
1279467361894.jpg
48 KB, 720x528
>>344881084
>>
>>344881084
Don't you have some bleach to drink anon?
>>
>>344880232
I agree.
It's like playing everything on Keyboard and Mouse.
(FPS/TPS is ok with mouse and keyboadr tho.)

Controller exists for a reason.
>>
>>344866161
>Nintendo begins to think that the future really lies in soulless cashgrab on mobile
so nintendo stays the same?
>>
>>344867019
>Sees Invisimals design.
No wonder Pokemon kicked Invisimals ass.

>>344867060
>>344867731
Smartphone has the worst of both PC master race and console peasants actually.
In order to be able into mobile gaming you need to buy new one year by year.
And despite of machine power being stronger than VITA, it has to deal with whatsapp, facebook, google+ and fuckton of app running behind. That means the game itself would be something below 3DS and can lag or freeze as fuck.
>>
I have to be honest, I'm a little tired of people who know nothing about Pokemon telling me "Oh Pokemon is finally good again" or "Time to get rid of the Gameboy" , as if they know anything about Pokemon or Nintendo's handheld market.
>>
>>344883392
>In order to be able into mobile gaming you need to buy new one year by year.

What games are like this
>>
>>344883392
TOP KEK
Git IPhone and everything will run buttery smooth.
I have 5S and everything is working perfectly fine. And it got some age now.
>>
>>344868359
You like vidya, don't you? how can you not see freemium games are bad for the consumers? US, not fucking kids, who cares it fights child obesity? gtfo
>>
>>344881084
ok, it's is baito desu
>>
File: file.png (771 KB, 849x466) Image search: [Google]
file.png
771 KB, 849x466
>>344884153
>>344884332

I was not able to run this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkLlsAqEmUE

I have an Nexus 7 (2012) made by Asus.
It pretty much runs nothing without a lag.
Even Capitalist Adventures lags or freezes.
I had to transfer the games to Handy Andy.
>>
They can always release an official bluetooth controller and have regular, full games on mobile. I don't really enjoy the idea but it could be done.
>>
>>344877396
Ds and Wii*
>>
Why can't you guys be ok with us having fun with it, some people have different taste. You people make me feel sad knowing you can't enjoy going out with some friends to catch some pokeniggas together :(
>>
File: file.png (335 KB, 620x600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
335 KB, 620x600
>>344885016
>bluetooth controller
>bluetooth
We have an problem here.
We need it build in.

Nintendo need to release Android based smartphone for gaming.
Sony did it before Nintendo could do it.
>>
>>344885140
because it's freemium
>>
>>344885365
guess it's not profitable
>>
>>344885365
The Xperia Play was fucking boss mode. My portable KoF2002 machine
>>
>>344885365
That would actually be nice, but I doubt they would go with Android, they would use their own, close source os to avoid piracy.
>>
>>344866161
Why do you faggots go completely nuts because of one or two pokemon go threads while the board is flooded by shitloads of overwatch threads?
I think it's quite clear who complains about pokemon on here.
Fuck off to your containment thread on /vg/
>>
Is it natural for this shit to freeze and require a restart at this point every 2-5 pokemon or is it a symptom of my terrible phone?
>>
>>344866161
Literal conjecture
>>
>>344866161
nope
its called business faggot, NX sells like shit? its because of you who don't trust Nintendo
>>
File: 234235234.jpg (178 KB, 742x631) Image search: [Google]
234235234.jpg
178 KB, 742x631
Jesus
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (5 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
5 KB, 480x360
>>344885682
Forgot image
>>
>>344885645
You mean containment board /vp/
>>
>>344885645
Newfags like op are unaware of filters.
>>
>>344885365
Don't understand why they haven't made another one of these to replace the Vita.
>>
Coming through with a question-

If you take over a gym and leave your Pokemon there, is it gone from you forever? Or do you get it back?

Asking before I attempt my first gym battle
>>
File: 357.png (1019 KB, 753x818) Image search: [Google]
357.png
1019 KB, 753x818
>>344866737
I'M HORNY
SHORT FOR THE HORNED REAPER
IM CHUMS WITH THA DUNGEON KEEPER
>>
>>344885370
What does that even mean. You literally don't have to buy a thing, I have 200 pokeballs and 30 great balls, and I've been playing for 3 days. I haven't even spent a cent on this yet. There isn't even a large benifit from paying for items, most of them are gained for free each level. I dont see any issues, it's literally just a good time with friends that/ v is up in arms about for no reason. It pains my heart to see such hate :(
>>
>>344866254
The best you can do with cellphone games is make them passable time-wasters.
>>
>>344886004
bareeee BOTTOM
>>
File: 1466933907229.gif (2 MB, 320x227) Image search: [Google]
1466933907229.gif
2 MB, 320x227
Holy shit I love Pokemon Go threads. The one place where you can spot neckbeards bashing on normies for having fun.
>>
>>344885892
Please respond
>>
>>344885785
What a bunch of clowns.
>>
File: 1452440585257.jpg (69 KB, 306x331) Image search: [Google]
1452440585257.jpg
69 KB, 306x331
>playing nintendo mobile games on sony phone

my god...
>>
>>344886447
It's funny, because even us non-normies who arn't fucking land whales are having fun too. I was out at like 2am last night with a friend and we kept walking into crowds of people chasing down pokemon. It's pretty entertaining from suddenly running into droves of other people playing the same game as you, where you never thought you would.
>>
>>344886013
you have the common sense to not buy anything ingame, sadly this hame isn't targeted to you, sure it's a good time, but it makes all it's profits from compulsive buyers, just like gambling.
>>
>>344877643
You don't need to point that out. No one here plays Pokemon Go because it's a good game.
>>
>>344887080
>it makes all it's profits from compulsive buyers

That is literally just a description of Capitalism as a whole, in varying degrees of severity.
>>
>>344886447
>being this upset because you're too underaged to form a coherent argument
>>
>>344866161
I can't believe people still fall for paranoiabait
>>
>>344870617
Pokemon Go is alteady a rehash of another game
>>
File: 1365704883191.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1365704883191.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
>>344870853
>difficulty
>Pokemon
>>
File: 1468030672472.jpg (29 KB, 412x430) Image search: [Google]
1468030672472.jpg
29 KB, 412x430
>>344887000
>because even us non-normies who arn't fucking land whales are having fun too.

As a non-normie landwhale, I can confirm I am also having fun.

I'm a fat fuck and it feels really great to move around and exercise like I used to before I decided to declare war on burgers.

I've gone to parks and seen 100+ people all around me playing Pokemon Go. Strangers talking to eachother about where spots are. People throwing down lures for eachother.

Unless you live in a desert, or have parkinson's and can't swipe up correctly there is never any reason to buy pokeballs or anything else from the shop with real money.
>>
>>344887524
Holy shit, you're right.
>>
File: 1 destroyed 1.jpg (52 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
1 destroyed 1.jpg
52 KB, 218x265
>>344866161
hey dude you missed the
RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
>>
>>344885892

You get your mon back, bruh. He'll just need a revive.
>>
>>344887752
I think he meant Ingress. The other game made by Niantic. It consists on the same concept of walking around IRL for shit. But I guess that one works too.
>>
File: 1436588070558.png (823 KB, 940x580) Image search: [Google]
1436588070558.png
823 KB, 940x580
>>344866161
>>344867303

>making money is bad

Kill yourself you fucking false flagging piece of shit, you're not fooling anyone
>>
>>344887851
You need to be 18 or older to post here
>>
>>344866161
Had the same thought. So i bought a n3DS with X and preordered moon, about time to get back into autismo games.
>>
>>344888003
That's right, paid mods and dungeon keeper mobile did absolutely nothing wrong. They're just making money after all, so it can't possibly be bad.
>>
>>344888003
Making money itself is not bad.
But losing where to spend the money is a problem.
I went from mobile games to Steam Games for reasons.

Even MN9 is better than many games on mobile.
>>
>>344885791
I got a HTC m8s which i deem up to date, i blame beta versions and shitty internet.
>>
File: 1463862162071.jpg (19 KB, 258x419) Image search: [Google]
1463862162071.jpg
19 KB, 258x419
>In this thread:
>Autists thinking that casual app that is supposed to be a fun but inconsequential distraction while walking through the city doesn't have as well developed combat system as a standard game.

It's as valid as complaining that fucking Endomondo has bad combat system.
>>
>>344870602
google search statistics

bait
>>
>>344866374
Then don't play mobile games you fucking retard
>>
>>344866254
>mobile games
>good
Pick one
>>
File: 1446521123927.jpg (46 KB, 241x316) Image search: [Google]
1446521123927.jpg
46 KB, 241x316
>>344866161

Nintendo aren't that rash and don't rush to the most idiotic ideas like that. Otherwise they'd listen to their fans,
>>
Thank god Go is sucessful. Now they can finally go third party.
>>
Within 6 months Pokemon GO will be dead. Does anybody still play Fallout Shelter? I know me and everyone I know gave up on that a long time ago, and everybody seemed to be playing that as well.
>>
File: [Mothra Intensifies].gif (883 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
[Mothra Intensifies].gif
883 KB, 250x250
>>344889735
>Implying
>>
>>344866161
>stop liking what i don't like
>>
File: 7453078.jpg (15 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
7453078.jpg
15 KB, 500x262
>>344866254
What if

What if Nintendo make a good mobile phone?
>>
File: 1458177149737.jpg (29 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1458177149737.jpg
29 KB, 292x257
>post yfw someone uses the "Y-You don't have to buy them!!" excuse when talking about microtransactions in a pay2win memegame
>>
>>344887739
Except when you get near end game levels, higher level pokemon break out of the pokeball 90% of the time and your pokeballs constantly curve away from red circle pokemon even with straight aim. Literally waste 30 pokeballs trying to catch low level crap.

The item pool becomes saturated as well so enjoy grinding pokeballs.
>>
>>344889896
Doubt it. Nianthic wants to give a update every two weeks to avoid that. A lot of people are still playing Ingress and this is the same but with Pokemon.
>>
The "I don't like thing, lets make a thread about it" is the true cancer.
>>
>>344891575
It's entirely fair to be concerned with pokemon go's success being followup up on by companies and degenerating franchises for mobile play.

You're making a much lower quality post by solely posting about how offended you are over someone disliking something you like.
>>
>>344867546
Was the Gamecube a high point? Fucking retards every gen. Never change.
>>
>>344866161
>meme app
I hate newfags so goddamned much.
>>
>>344886004

Fuck you I liked that song. Still listen to it every now and then
>>
What if, I don't ever pay any fucking money into the game, enjoy the fuck outta it for free, and strap it to my ceiling fan to generate assloads of egg hatches and km distance with no effort and then just enjoy it.
>>
Make it stop
>>
>>344874431
>beer
>fun

pleb
>>
>>344891925

It was, as it had great games. Shame that didn't sold well.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.