[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, just got another epic. Post pics of your lucky gear drops.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1468009684959.jpg (272 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1468009684959.jpg
272 KB, 1440x900
Guys, just got another epic.

Post pics of your lucky gear drops.
>>
>vent
>messenger
>old steam icon
>motherfucking AIM
Wow... what is this, 10-12 years old?
>>
>BoE trash drop
Not exactly noteworthy

Also: Nice binds, faggot
>>
>>344865367
how old is this shit
>>
>please get on vent
>>
File: Orc Peon.png (10 KB, 241x335) Image search: [Google]
Orc Peon.png
10 KB, 241x335
>>344865367

>4 strength
>4 stam
>leather belt

>AAAHHH OOOHHH
>>
>tfw this was almost 11 years ago
>tfw when I was already in college when I played WoW beta

now git off mah lawn
>>
>>344867883
whoa how old are you gramps?
>>
>>344865367
>spell downranking
I miss autistic shit like this
>>
>>344868089
its not autistic

its just mana conservation and overhealing
>>
>>344868089
Well before mana became blue energy, you had to conserve that shit.

Vanilla was a race against healer mana, not against some arbitrary enrage timer.
>>
>>344868264
this. It was about resource management, not whoever could push out the most dps in a limited amount of time.
>>
>>344868264
INNERVATE ME
INNERVATE ME
>>
>>344868642
Every raid had a mandatory innervate-slut
>>
>>344868064
>30ish
>Old
I want underage to go and stay go.
>>
File: LQk4h1P[1].png (697 B, 93x177) Image search: [Google]
LQk4h1P[1].png
697 B, 93x177
>>344869049
Smell y'later gramps.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_010208_222729.jpg (468 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_010208_222729.jpg
468 KB, 1280x1024
>>344868715
I was the rare and elusive dps warrior carrying their weight in vanilla raids. Me and the top druid were bros and had this running joke where every time this shitty priest in our raid asked for an innervate over voice, he'd hit me with it instead.

He'd hit the macro, it'd do the typical raid callout showing who got it, and the priest would flip her shit every time and we'd come up with some bullshit excuse about it buffing damage on non-mana characters or something that changed every time.

Goddamn those raids were easy once you got past the logistics of getting 40 people together.
>>
>>344868360
If there's no (soft) enrages involved, you can just cheese the encounters with healer stacking.

Make no mistake, I too find mana becoming a blue energy bar sickening (and in WotLK for example mana was utterly inconsequential for every class) but had vanilla continued a year or two longer, players getting better would have changed the dynamic of the game dramatically. Without doubt there are bugs that alter the balance (for example, there really isn't any reliable way to figure out boss armour values) but if you look at private servers, people are speedrunning through BWL in half an hour and such like with gear far from T2 BiS and that's the kind of future that vanilla as-is would have ended up with. Enrage timers in some form (soft enrage mechanics with lenient hard enrage is the way to go in my opinion) are a necessary addition to the game.
>>
>>344870029
is even healermana irrelevant nowadays? I remember atleast during Dragon Sould our healers were still having manaissues sometimes
>>
>>344870227

In mythic yes, where throughput must be so high to deal with the constant damage you have to burn through your mana with less efficent heals. But who the fuck plays mythic anymore, even I left after a month because I want a three course meal, not eat the same stale cake three times every tier.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.