[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when you idiots tried to say the RX 480 couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1468409384972.png (19 KB, 637x389) Image search: [Google]
1468409384972.png
19 KB, 637x389
Remember when you idiots tried to say the RX 480 couldn't run Doom at 60fps 1080p?

Here it is at 1440. Yes I'm a kraut, all hail Angela Merkel and her rape brigade
>>
God I wish DX12 was on Windows 8.1 too
>>
>>344863887
Vulkan is though, so why does it matter where DX12 is? Vulkan is essentially DX12 without any of the artificial restrictions placed on it by needing to be compatible with the Xbone, or trying to use it to force Windows 10.
>>
So Bethesda idtech games are gonna use Vulkan we can expect similar performance from Dishonored.

Valve is already implementing Vulkan and will probably use it if they ever release another videogame.

And this is the problem with Vulkan, there's too few developers using it.
>>
>>344863160
>my 390 can run doom at max at 1440p at above 60fps

nice
>>
>>344864120
Yeah, but next to nobody will use it
>>
>>344864285
The new Unreal Engine is getting Vulkan support, its rumored that's the reason for the delay of the launch of Street Fighter 5 for Linux. The newest version of Unity is also getting Vulkan support.

With Android/Linux, SteamOS/Linux, and GNU/Linux all standardizing on Vulkan and its availability on Windows XP+ Vulkan should win over most devs unless Microsoft pulls another dirty trick to lock them to Windows 10 exclusively.

I wouldn't put that past them, Bethesda's deals with Microsoft after all were enough for them to discontinue Id's long standing policy of Linux support, and even now despite Doom using nothing that is Windows-specific they saddled it with DRM that locks it to Windows.
>>
>>344864285
Vulkan's first full stable release was like 6 weeks ago though, so give it some time.
>>
File: 1468410836861.jpg (111 KB, 1056x590) Image search: [Google]
1468410836861.jpg
111 KB, 1056x590
>it won't beat a 970!
>doubles fps of a 970
>>
>>344865435
Holy shit
>>
>>344865627
Yep. DX12. Nvidia should start paying devs not to use it because nvidia cards get no benefit from it
>>
>>344864285
But here's the thing. Vulkan and DX12 are practically the same thing. Devs WILL be using DX12. this is why AMD pretty much handed Mantle code to Microsoft for free.
>>
>>344865840
That's the thing though, why use D3D12 when it is essentially just like Vulkan except with a bunch of extra restrictions tacked on?
>>
>>344866085
dunno lol
>>
>>344866085
>That's the thing though, why use D3D12 when it is essentially just like Vulkan except with a bunch of extra restrictions tacked on?

Because MS has money

Either way works for AMD. They had no issue with slapping vulkan on doom.

The worst part is these apis bypass gameworks so nvidia is fucked and can't gimp shit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.