[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best Hack & Slash to date?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 26
File: header[1].jpg (158 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
158 KB, 460x215
Is this the best Hack & Slash to date?
>>
I don't know about the best, but it's pretty alright
>>
>>344855274
Its an okay game. If it had online towns with a strict anti-cheat policy it could have been better.

But its just an okay single player game.
>>
Isn't it an ARPG?

The best hack and slash games are action games with nice combos.
>>
>>344855446
pls kys these were called h&s before dante and kratos came along to shit the genre
>>
>>344855637
So?
>>
PURPLE
U
R
P
L
E
>>
>>344855274
Its the best SINGLEPLAYER ARPG up to date, yes.
If your looking for a MULTIPLAYER ARPG, PoE is objectively better.
>>
Does it even have WASD?
>>
>>344855274
Not even the best in its own lineage. Literally Titan Quest 0.5.
>>
>>344855274
You should never date an hack & slash.
>>
>>344855274
Maybe, but i was too busy with POE.
>>
>>344855274
is there a arpg that isnt based around leveling one fucking skill for the rest of the game?
>>
>>344856293
I'm using 5 skills on cooldown and 2 situational ones when things go to shit. Also got 6 toggleable buffs.
>>
>>344855274
So, how is hardcore mode in this game?
>>
>>344856678
What do you want to know? HC is the same as other ARPG, you die and your character is lost, meaning you have to pay more attention to your defenses than in SC. There are shared bank slots so you can trade things between your characters.
>>
It's great. Too bad it runs like shit on my old laptop
>>
>>344856582
>the BANE of Cairn
>>
>>344856875
>Happy Merchant
>>
PoE is better.
There, I said it.
>>
Ive yet to find a hack and slash better than diablo 1 because everything that came after has bullshit item-specific builds. d1 was about ironmaning your way down and winning with positioning tactics, not gear and builds, a lot of people played it naked. Or beyond naked.
>>
This game is alright but I'm only an hour or so into it, does it get any better?

It's entertaining enough to watch but for the most part I'm just holding mouse 1 on enemies and sometimes using abilities, do I ever get more involved than just staring at mobs while clicking on them?
>>
Were there some thread on /v/ about this before?
>>
>>344858676
Yes , happens often in-between D3 seasons for shilling.
>>
>>344855446
Aren't those called CUHRAAAAYZEE games though?
>>
File: mkhKxiyV.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
mkhKxiyV.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
>>344859145
>>
>>344855637
really? ive been calling them arpgs since the 90s
>>
>>344855274
No it's not PoE
>>
>>344855274
no it's fucking boring

>oh look here's some enemies that you'll hold right click on for a bit until they die
>pick up the good bits of loot
>repeat
>>
>>344855274
It is definitely the best ARPG of its type currently out on the market.

POST LEGENDARIES
TRADE LEGENDARIES
>>
Just started playing a Witchblade but haven't spent any attributes, don't really know how I'm building and I'm scared of fucking my character up by locking myself out of equipment
>>
>>344856875
Is that a fucking Ultos weapon? You motherfucker, what do you have and what do you want in return?
>>
>>344860164
You'll likely want to put most of your Attribute points into Physique. I'd recommend going to the GD forums' Build Compendium and finding a Witchblade build that sounds relevant to your interests.
>>
>>344856293
Every single isometric genre ever has failed to have interesting skills, its a real shame

Even ToS does a better job at it.
>>
>>344855274
It's all the same shit.
>>
>>344855274

Nah its not poe right after a new league starts.

This is my go to during poe burnout tough.
>>
Does anyone still play Sacred 2?

I thought it was pretty fun. The console version is fucked but the PC one was quite nice. Horribly saturated colours but personally, I find it's one of the best looking ARPGs around
>>
>>344855274
>>
For all you PoE shills, can I be a necromancer yet?
>>
>>344860380
>be a necromancer
Define necromancer.
>>
>tfw woke up too late to catch the guy with lods o' legendaries
>>
>>344860418
rattle rattle ooga booga
>>
Game lacks detail & polish.
Too much focus on proccing RNG rather than actually fun to use abilities.
Skills are generally bland and unfun to use.
Lack of audio and visual feedback that make using abilities and slaying countless enemies actually feel rewarding.
Lots of watered down content to keep you busy.
If you like Titan's Quest, you'll like this.
If you didn't, there's nothing new.
>>
>>344860380
yes
>>
>>344860418
Shitting out an army of summonable undead to do my bidding for me

AKA; D2 necromancer
>>
>>344860552
>Lack of [...] visual feedback that make using abilities and slaying countless enemies actually feel rewarding
Was disappointed from the start but I lost it here. I will never understand people who go into threads and post blatant lies to shit up a discussion.
>>
>>344860548
No idea what that means.
>>344860591
You could do that with Witch million fucking years ago when I played. Now? Have no idea. Haven't played PoE for five or so years now.
>>
>>344860591
You can do plenty of that in PoE.
>>
>>344860591
of course you can
>>
>>344860687
>No idea what that means.
Skeletons and curses.
>>
>>344860653
?
See: every monster in diablo 2 having a specific death animations and sounds rather than just ragdolling and flying away.
It's actually an important part of the game in ARPG's, because by their very nature they are repetitive.
>>
My main issue with Grim Dawn is that everything feels a bit too unpolished for my liking. You'll just find yourself getting stuck on scenery or the pathing not working properly far too much.
Also the combat feels a bit disjointed at times, you'll do an attack and sometimes your character straight up won't do it until a few seconds later, even if the thing you're attack is right next to you.
I know you can hold shift or whatever to attack from a stationary point but two thirds of the time it's not an issue anyway so I don't want to hold shift all the time.

Also the skills and the star sign stuff is a bit overwhelming at first and I'd rather not look up a detailed guide on my first playthrough.
>>
>>344860826
>Skeletons and curses.
Yes. That shit was possible with Witch for ages.
But as I said - no idea what happened to the game, since haven't touched it for years.
>>
>>344860870
>Also the skills and the star sign stuff is a bit overwhelming at first and I'd rather not look up a detailed guide on my first playthrough.
Everything above is very subjective and I didn't get the 'lag' you describe here.
As for the last part - you can finish the game with the most retarded build ever. Literally just anything in any tree, skills will carry you through the game on normal no problem.
>>
>>344861039
>you can finish the game with the most retarded build ever
This. On a related note, the first difficulty has even been cleared in full whites. Things like that.
>>
>>344859298
et out?
>>
>>344861105
In this aspect, it is much like D3. ANYTHING will work for the first time on normal. You must be doing something really stupid to not get through it.
Like standing in poison or some shit.
>>
File: LEGO.jpg (68 KB, 272x422) Image search: [Google]
LEGO.jpg
68 KB, 272x422
TRADE ITEMS
>>
Build help needed fags

Want a soldier/something build, which is the best thing to compliment it? Shaman?

Just removed all my points so want to make my char great again

Levelling up only soldier (which is what I was doing) is boring as sin
>>
>>344860169
Nope.
>>
>>344861447
Soldier Shaman's alright.
>>
>>344861487
Huh. Looks like a Callidor's Tempest weapon.
>>
>>344861523
What about Devotion points for it? Which one goes best?

ARPG nub here
>>
>>344855274
>no armysumoner
What's even the fucking point
>>
>>344861608
erm

you'd have to look up a warder guide I can't remember the specifics
>>
>>344861608
There are plenty of warder builds you can steal ideas from.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42423
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41810
>>
Artstyle really grinds my gears. It does fit the post/happening apocalypse theme, but I still stomach it. Otherwise, good game. My hoarding boner loves it.

Also, fuck PoE and D3 with their always online bullshit. I'm, at the moment, in the area with barely working internet and thank fucking god I cared to update GD. Guess those nights would be longer if I chose d3 or poe.

>crtl+f torch
>no results
ehehehe. RIP in piss.
>>
>>344861954

What's your beef with Torchlight?
>>
>>344861954
>torch
Played the second one with my co-op buddy, and it was honestly kind of, like, fucking nothing. Not bad, but nothing great about it either. Doesn't help that devs ditched it pretty quick either.
Rip in piss indeed.
>>
>>344861823
>>344861695
Cheers guys
>>
>>344862292
>Doesn't help that devs ditched it pretty quick either.
This is a lie.
>>
>>344855274
I didn't play too much but this game felt like it was more about passives than actives, is it really like that later on? Kinda boring if it is.
>>
>>344855637
Hack and Slash and ARPG are different. ARPG have stuff like build management, skills, heavy item drops, top down view.

Hack and Slash are mostly just more open Beat em Up.
>>
>>344862292
Mediocrity: The Game

Artstyle was meh, story was trash tho
>>
how shit is the character progression? In Titan Quests I stopped playing because I got no upgrades.
>>
File: grapple.jpg (221 KB, 1911x1077) Image search: [Google]
grapple.jpg
221 KB, 1911x1077
>>344862292
The devs still support it and they left it to the modders. They are working on Hob are night.
>>
>>344862387
Compare it to virtually any other ARPG of note, senpai.
>>
>>344862519
It's nice. I feel that drop rates are much MUCH better, and especially early on, I'm constantly finding upgrades.
>>
>>344860870
Have you played since it came out of early access? Feels a bit smoother since but it's still no Diablo 3.
>>
>>344860164
Unless you know what you are building I generally save some attribute points in case I find some nice gear and Im just a bit closer to wearing it. Otherwise there are some cool build guides out there you can mess around with. With some practice you will eventually just make a build on your own.
>>
>>344862519
its much better and faster paced than TQ:IT but still kind of slow compared to something like d3 or poe. It's pretty hard at times, too, even with good gear. Not often I get challenged in these games.
>>
>>344862292
Skill trees were fucked.
Terrible game balance (that was never addressed) was the nail in the coffin.
Pet system wasn't integrated very well, they were mostly an annoyance that got knocked down to 1 health instantly and prompted bothersome voice prompts.
The secrets and ambush events were cool.
>>
>>344862535
They did not release new things for it, but they bug fixed everything, and we have mods made by the devs that add new tiles set.

They want the modders to be able to do anything they want. They were going to go and do Torchlight 3, but after Torchlight 2 rough devellopement and lack of funds, they could not do the "Torchlight 3 MMO" they wanted. Even more with Diablo 3 and Path of Exile kicking them to the punch.
>>
File: Diablo official ranking.jpg (307 KB, 1342x1134) Image search: [Google]
Diablo official ranking.jpg
307 KB, 1342x1134
>>344862623
Diablo 3 is not a good Diablo 2 sequel. It's an arcady ARPG that was simplified to the highest degree. It's literally a game that you play 20 minutes and you can go back to work. They made it hyper casual.
>>
>>344862519
It's a lot better, you level up very quickly at first and the good useful skills aren't far, the itemization is great though there's a boring gap between lv58 to around 65-70 where you don't get anything.
>>
>tfw nobody to trade legendaries with
>>
>>344862528
what kind of game is this supposed to be? So far it looks like fez+borderlands, judging by screenshots
>>
>>344862859
The boxart on those games is pretty good barring D3. Malthael resembles a 'reaper of souls' vibe pretty well and d1-2 all represent what I imagine the devil would look like. Baal looks good, too, with how it looks like his hands are conjuring the fire on the II. Shows, imo, how much more D3 release was out of touch with the series.
>>
>>344862859
Didn't ask D2 fans if it's ok to like a game.

>It's literally a game that you play 20 minutes and you can go back to work

Thank god for that. Work is the main reason I stopped playing MMORPGs.
>>
File: Nervous AntiSpiral.jpg (42 KB, 413x434) Image search: [Google]
Nervous AntiSpiral.jpg
42 KB, 413x434
how is the music in the game? is it memorable?

are there giant spiders in this game
>>
>>344863036
It's an adventure game. Kinda like Zelda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOOmOH6zb-o
>>
>>344863152
yes

_____yes
>>
>>344863152
Music is alright. The ambience is very fitting and feels like a 'western' tune, complements the setting very well in my opinion.

Of course there are
>>
>>344863057
MMO are built like that, except instances. There is no complexity in Diablo 3. It's way too open. You dont even have talent tree, you just use the build that correspond to the most complete set you have.

>>344863152
It's no Diablo 1 Tristram or Torchlight 2 but it's pretty good.

Spiders are in the game, but it's mostly cults members, mutants and spooky scary skeletons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eRYDtkGb28
>>
>>344863285
>It's way too open. You dont even have talent tree, you just use the build that correspond to the most complete set you have.

How is that bad expect from lore-wise?
>>
Grim Dawn is Titan Quest
Path of Exile is old Diablo
Diablo 3 is gotta-go-fast-20-minutes-till-i-got-to-go
>>
>>344863408
How is PoE different with the map system to D3? It's still 10-20 minutes game sessions
>>
>>344863352
Because your character is not unique at all. You are not a specific hero trying to save the world, you just are Hero number 81828281 who use the same exact skills as hero number 8482482.

ARPG's are supposed to be about loot and building a character. Making skill choice meaningless is really bad.
>>
Has this game been properly patched? I remember the mess Immortal Throne was back in the day, I have been waiting on this game. How is it?
>>
>>344863497
what do you mean properly patched? its in a good state and they update it every month or 2, I have played about 80 hours in the last 2 weeks and have only crashed once.
>>
>>344863476
Path of Exile require you to communicate with other players and trade, and actually think about your build. Resetting your skills require so much money that it's really bad. So you have to think what you want. Instead of just going with the Season flavor.
>>
I wish the stash was bigger.
4 tabs isn't enough for my hoarding.
>>
>>344863490
I don't see your point really.

Cookie-cutter builds are present in PoE as well and if you don't follow them thrn you are stuck on tier 1 maps.

As for the skill thing , as long as ARPGs keep having limited char slots then I prefer them skilless , thank you very much.
>>
>>344863654
>4

how? I have 1 per character and the shared one. How do you get more? I looked for it, but couldn't find it.
>>
>>344863497
It's pretty well patched with long patch notes and new content being released slowly.
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Heteroclitus/Patch_Notes_v1.0.0.4_(June_8,_2016)
>>
>>344863497
They have been patching it pretty often. They are currently working on the survival mode map if I remember. It should be out later in the summer. They also added a new quest recently too.
>>
>>344863654
>>344863723

you fucken wait for a sale and buy a shit ton for like $5 usd since they're kiwi developers and use monopoly money
>>
>>344863632
Cookie-cutter builds and copying from top players is a big thing. It not how you say it is at all.
>>
>>344863723
I meant the shared one.
Shit's too damn small.
>>
>>344863624
Broken skills, balance issues, stuff like that?
>>
>>344863713
In PoE if you want to be a Necromancer who use a Bow and an Axe, you can. It might not be the best class, but you can.

In Diablo 3, you really have no choice. If your set says "Use this skill", well you use this skill.
>>
>>344863805
They're talking about Grim Dawn.
>>
>>344863806
Cookie cutting is a thing any game can have. But Path of Exile have a ton of new and weird builds and it's supported by the devs.
>>
>>344863805
Oh, I thought you were talking about GD. I have 30 premium tabs in PoE.
>>
>>344862623
yes, it's still a bit "off" feel-wise.

>>344862859
we're talking about smoothness and polish.

diablo 3 is incredibly polished and plays really smoothly.
sure it's a bit lacking in other departments, but it's nice to play and you don't get caught on terrain and the game doesn't arbitrarily decide to stop receiving your input.
>>
>>344863490
>Because your character is not unique at all
play dork soles or skyrim if you want speshul snowflake. if numbers are the nr1 rating for your performance there will always be a best build. unless they do cheap tricks like a dungeon full of immunity to that specific build.
>>
>>344863815
That was mostly done during early access. Changes to drop rate, More fair difficulties at higher levels. Changes to skills and devotions. They still do some balance stuff. But now it mostly just things to make the game a bit better.
>>
>>344863806
I've never done "cookie cutter builds" or copying top players. Always done my own builds and it works well if you're not shit.
i always play on hc too
>>
>New temple
>are looks ok for farming runs
>can be access only once per difficulty
Dammit I want to farm that area's boss.
>>
>>344863827
That's bull , you can in D3 too (ToN for example)
>>
>>344863914
Sure, it's polished in the same way a baby toy is. No way to hurt yourself but pretty bland with round edges.

>>344863916
ARPG is literally about loot influencing you. You find a unique bow, and you can now make a weird build. That's what ARPG's are about. Being a special snowflake is what ARPG's are. No two characters are the same.
>>
>>344863886
New patches add new builds in D3 too.
>>
>>344864018
You mean the Sentinel? I killed him once, but never tried again. That's a shame. But, there is a boss in the winter area's hidden path, in a secret area inside the cave. She's really powerful. Even with 80 Bleed, acid and pierce resist she fucks my shit up.
>>
>>344864018
Pretty sure people have been farming the Sentinel. I've seen posts on the forums about it.
>>
>>344864035
In Diablo 3, anybody can do a build they see. You just go in skill and change your skills.

But, can you make a wizard weird a Sword? No. It's class restricted. Or it does not even matter because weapons dont even affect the game. It's just a damage item that says how much damage your spells do.

In Diablo 3 you have 2 stats, Vit and your main stat, anything else is useless.

Come on, I like to play D3 for the seasons, but it's really really not good as a ARPG.
>>
>>344864095
Not really. They add new sets, like the "Animal companion" one from the last season where you can have all your animals out at the same time.

But it's sets. This mean that anybody with this build will have the EXACT same pieces.
>>
>>344864052
diablo 3 is polished in that it's not a ballache to play and interact with the gameworld. you do an action and the game does it, no issues

other games, including grim dawn, simply aren't as smooth and it becomes bothersome to play after a while
>>
>>344864052
So item-based D3 is best , got it.
>>
23 hours on it
i got to the end of act 2 and i just dropped it
GD is just so bland for me to push on
its the same shit why i cant pick up TQ
i mean its an improvement over TQ on some aspects but its just unappealing for me

i just ended up replaying diablo 2
>>
File: Kiwi.jpg (168 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Kiwi.jpg
168 KB, 1024x768
>>344863805
>kiwi developers

?
>>
I heard Demo/Occult is the weakest build atm, is this true?
>>
>>344864383
kiwi is a term for someone from new zealand
>>
The reason I like PoE more than some of the other games is because of Rare items actually being useful. One of my most hated things is that in these games it's generally a common -> uncommon -> rare -> legendary item progress, which, imo, ruins a lot of potential character development. I mean, obviously, PoE has it too with the Cast on Crit Cyclone bullshit requiring plenty of uniques, but you can still get away with using rares, unlike D3, where the best items are set items that dictate your build.
>>
>>344864308
Man, you are really trying to be dense. D3 makes item not matter. You dont care about items because you already have the best items with your set.

Path of Exile do not have sets, which makes you interested in every other item.
>>
>>344864256
They add mostly specific items , rarely sets.

>>344864189
I still don't see how that's different from PoE. I play both too , don't be condescending like that.
>>
>>344864449
Stop arguing with it, holy fuck.
>>
File: hehe just fucking with ya human.gif (1022 KB, 446x206) Image search: [Google]
hehe just fucking with ya human.gif
1022 KB, 446x206
>>344864424
I know, I'm just pulling your leg anon.
>>
>>344864052
>You find a unique bow, and you can now make a weird build
it isnt possible because there are always better bows due to rng. Beside, due to classes, characters always head toward certain possibility.
>>
File: poe_quill_rain_low.jpg (84 KB, 286x377) Image search: [Google]
poe_quill_rain_low.jpg
84 KB, 286x377
>>344864565

what are you talking about
>>
>>344864565
Not really. You can make a Marauder Necromancer if you want, nothing is stopping you.
>>
>>344864687
I actually had one of those, but it stopped working, when they changed the tree. Probably my best self made build.
>>
File: 20160528145850_1.jpg (717 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160528145850_1.jpg
717 KB, 1920x1080
Here my Soldier/Shaman build. I like Passives so that's great for me.
>>
>>344865196
is that a retaliation build? my nig nog
>>
no the game has dull combat and the items aren't that diverse, ti's just a bunch of items with an automatically used skill stuff as the best items of the game
>>
File: 20160414131801_1.jpg (929 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414131801_1.jpg
929 KB, 1920x1080
>>344865269
Mostly yeah. I need to go through Elite soon. Heavy tanking build.
>>
>>344860870
You can toggle alternate targeting in the options. I changed it and it feels much better
>>
>>344865346
I have pretty much the same build but I have level 1 Mogdrogen's pact in Shaman instead of 12 and have the passive buff linked to it maxed out. Gives +100% retaliation damage and pierce resist so it's pretty decent.
>>
>>344862406
no, that's PoE. Grim Dawn is actually fun
>>
>>344865414
I think the most important setting is to find a good key to move around, instead of using left click which makes you attack stuff. I'm amazed at the amount of people who don't even know about that when it's almost mandatory for a ranged character and pretty damn good for a melee one as well.

>>344865196
>Will'O Wisp
jelly
>>
>>344862528
>They are working on Hob are night.
what
>>
>ctrl + f
>no dynasty warriors
>>
File: 20160713091144_1.jpg (380 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160713091144_1.jpg
380 KB, 1920x1080
>>344865502
Seems good. What is your Devotion like?
>>
File: screenshot07.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot07.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>344865196
>>344865346
I used to be a warder but switched from soldier to arcanist for damage.
Didn't feel like soldier offered that much for my purposes as I want to two hand my weapons. I wish I had more health though.
Also fuck the drop rates, all I get are some shitty caster legendaries and only one piece of the Ultos set
>>
File: 20160414132001_1.jpg (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414132001_1.jpg
620 KB, 1920x1080
>>344865645
Does not do too much, but it's cute.
>>
>>344865645
I wanted to make a cold melee build but it feels like most melee builds involving Nightblade use the same fuckin' skills every time. I'll never level my cold caster ;_;
>>
>>344865649
What. Weird. I wanted to say Right now.
>>
>>344865813
>tfw no Ultos stuff drops
>everybody and their entire extended families are searching for Ultos drops too so nobody has extra or trades
>>
File: 20160713141808_1.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160713141808_1.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
>>344865658
Similar. I don't have shieldmaiden or the tower yet, I have messenger of war on the left which is like +90% retaliation damage. It's also not maxed out on devotion points yet. I struggle with ranged enemies as they don't trigger retaliation.
>>
Call me casual or whatever you want but does this game have a skill tree as crazy as PoE's?
I couldnt get into PoE because of that, seemed impossible to me to create a nice build without looking one on the internet
>>
is there online in this?
if so how big part of the game it is?
just a poorfag wondering how much i will miss if i pirate it.
>>
>>344866221
You don't need to be online or play online to enjoy the game.
>>
>>344866221
It's mostly a solo game in which you can multiplayer in if you want. But it's balanced for solo.
>>
>>344866181
It does not. It's a small skill tree like Diablo 2 or Titan Quest.

You choose one class. Then another, so you end up with 2 skill tree, and then you have a Devotion skill tree which look like this

>>344866090

It's pretty simple. stuff
>>
is this game fun and good? i played d3 a lot but it got boring now after 200 hours or so.

i kinda liked peo but its too much of a grind and you cant really respec last time i played so i couldnt try different builds (reason why i really liked d3 btw is that you can respec easily).

what about this game?
>>
>>344866221
Love playing it with my bro. It's nice to be able to go all in with a gimmick, because you know your bro has your other weaknesses covered. Like, I do mostly fire and my bro does mostly lighting-based stuff, so either of us can pick up the slack when fire-/lighting-resistant mobs show up.
>>
>>344866513
It's like Diablo 2, but with non generated map. This mean that all the maps are the same all the time. It also mean that the maps are crafted and dont look too weird.
>>
>>344866513
respecing is cheap, the items are more fun, the skills are way better than poe
>>
>>344867105
what about respecing and replayablity?
>>
>>344867142
You can respect pretty easily but you have to pay gold for it. 3 level of difficulty with 20 different possibilities of skill tree with a campaign that is around 20 hours if you do side quests
>>
>>344867338
>>344867124
guess i ll buy the game, its 15 dollaridos in my country.
>>
Bought Grim Dawn on Summer Sale and i have had plenty of fun so far with it.

I'm playing an Arcanist using that "Albecht Ather Ray" or whatever it's called skill right now along with the big AOE stomp-freeze spell. Pretty fun.

Pick Occultist as my 2nd class so that i'm a Warlock overall but haven't putted any points in occultist yet.
What should i go for?
>>
>>344867338
>full clear of one difficulty is only 20 hours
wew
>>
Torchlight 2 is the by far best of all.
>>
File: Screenshot_41.png (26 KB, 448x122) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_41.png
26 KB, 448x122
>>344867568
I took 40 hours but I assume it's way faster if you want it.
Seem like it's around 50 hours if you do sidequests, so I guess I'm fast?
94 hours for all 3 difficulties, but you dont have to farm as much rep after a while.
>>
>>344867497

hellhound is pretty gud, gets an aura that either increases allies' fire and chaos damage by 100% which is nice for death ray. it also has good survivability coupled with a short cooldown for the occasions it does die.

dreeg's blood is also good, short cooldown that heals you and your allies a good chunk and gives health regen.

curse of frailty is useful - slows enemies down, which is always handy. will work well with your death ray since things will not be able to move as easily.

conjure familiar is OK. its pretty bad for attacking since you need to micromanage it a bit due to it being a ranged pet and it gets stuck behind objects a lot so it misses. It also has a good heal but I wouldn't rely on it.
>>
Is there ever a reason to dismantle a piece of gear, beyond using a component you need that is attached to it?
>>
>>344868224
I guess if you want to keep the Purple item and add a better component?
>>
>>344855274
6/10
A mediocre diablo clone with 0 fresh ideas and the only thing it tries to do, rpg elements, get dropped half way into the game due to its episodic way of development
Top that off with questionable production values, awful balance and incoherent confusing skill and class system and you have the making of another generic hack and sash game nobody will rememebr in 5 years
>>
>>344867793
thanks for ideas.
>>
>>344865658
>>344866090
>hur dur lets make a rng based buff system with unpredictable leveling up so you can never guess how it will imp[act your build
devotion system has to be the most fucking retarded system ever designed, jesus
who the fuck thought it was a good idea
>>
>>344858662

No, these games are designed around clicking 1 button and watching flashy animations.
>>
>>344858662
Don't play on Normal difficulty, start playing as Veteran. Normal is for 5 year olds and grandmas who've never played a videogame before.

Some mobs will be easy, and others you will have to dodge their attacks

If you want some early challenge, when leaving the starting prison area, go right along the river banks and click on a boat that is near the river, it will take you to a higher level area (level 5 creatures) where you can't just blow past.
>>
File: ok.png (14 KB, 512x686) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
14 KB, 512x686
tfw shitposters outnumber the pitifully small /v/ GD playerbase
>>
>>344869864
I like it.
>>
>>344869864
>rng based buff system with unpredictable leveling
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>344860164
Lately i've started not spending attributes nor Stat points until i've definitely decided what i'm doing with them (stats), or i need them for gear (attributes).

Also, i've started going with a single Stat instead of spreading it around, maxing it near the start of the game, it feels better not to have to cast 5 different buffs constantly and the monsters not even dying that quick.
>>
File: undead nemesis.webm (3 MB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
undead nemesis.webm
3 MB, 594x334
Who's the best Nemesis and why is it Moosilauke?
>>
>>344870317
>crossbow lightning build
How's that even working out for you? Seems like it is decent.
I've got 450 hours in the game and have yet to get low enough rep on a single character to spawn a Nemesis. Fuck me.
>>
>>344870317
>Who's the best Nemesis
Valdaran, because he's super easy to kill.
>>
>>344870109
elaborate on what?
a fucking 20% to trigger some shit with dmg that will change based on the level of skill so you can never say if its worth in the long run?
>>
>>344870317
He's the only balanced one. The others are either stupidly hard or piss easy to kill.
>>
File: crossbow elementalist.webm (3 MB, 684x384) Image search: [Google]
crossbow elementalist.webm
3 MB, 684x384
>>344870492
It works great, especially against packs due to the aoe nature of Primal Strike, it's pretty easy and safe to play, easier than dual pistols since you can move after every single shot.
Single target damage is nothing amazing but you can just kite around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8wiq_KE-4g
>>
>>344863152
>how is the music in the game? is it memorable?
I have about 100 hours of casual play logged and I honestly can not remember a single song that played, only the fact that there seems to be like three songs on the entire OST. In town you'll hear >>344863285 and you'll occasionally get a generic song out in the field to set the mood, but for the most part you're going to be listening to ambient sounds for the entire duration of the game. Hell, even during the final boss the game STILL didin't bother to give me anything other than the stock ambient sounds you'd hear everywhere else.
>>
>>344855274
As much as I love Grim Dawn, the best ARPG to date is still Diablo 2.
>>
>>344870982
It does look pretty fun. I've actually got a dual pistol ammunition magician or I'd try it out. Melee 2H lightning is basically the same as the ranged; you shit lightning everywhere and things melt.
>>
>>344871260
>Diablo 2
>not Nox
>>
>>344871380
>Nox
not Diablo 3
>>
>>344863654
>>344863723
>>344863808
You use a 3rd party program, like Stash Manager. It sucks having to alt tab and do this outside the game (and risk save game corruption if you don't follow instructions), but it feels great to twink your character with your hard hoarded garbage.
>>
>Start playing as a Demo, spec heavy in pipe bomb and grenado because blowing up demons and lovecraftian monsters with regular old bombs is fun
>Dual wielding pistols and going full Firestrike does a fucktillion percent more damage at a faster speed with less risk
why
>>
>>344871667
Because POP POP POP WATCH MOTHERFUCKERS DROP
>>
>>344871667
Remove all your points in Cannister Bomb and put only 1 in the base skill and 3 in the transmuter. Bam! You got yourself a ranged aoe stun (that can also proc a lot of shit) to complement your dual pistol build.
>>
>>344871667
Demo is a joke without Fire Strike.
>>
>>344870672
what long run? you can unspec it, who gives a shit?
>>
File: 1460084149779.gif (499 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1460084149779.gif
499 KB, 500x281
>>344866221
apparently the dev fucks with the game, and all cracked versions are broken.
>>
>>344872567
what do you mean by broken? im playing fine on my xatab version
>>
rip
>>
>>344873110
missing bosses and shit, broken systems(constitution or whatever it means) something about "crack checks". I'm downloading it either way.
>>
>>344867497
Max the freeze spell, is broken as fuck, you can clean all the trash on the screen with a single click and the aether ray will melt any single target enemy before ultimate.
>>
>>344855274
nah
>>
>>344872567
>GOG
>>
>>344874782
Arcanist has like 4 freeze spells.
>>
>>344875637
Olexra's Flash Freeze. 15 meter range is the whole screen on a 1920-1080 monitor. It's ridiculously OP because the freeze lasts for 4s and the CD is 4.6 seconds. Shit's insane.
>>
poof
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.