[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a PS Vita worth getting now a days? I can get one online for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: Vita.jpg (34 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
Vita.jpg
34 KB, 520x520
Is a PS Vita worth getting now a days? I can get one online for 80 dollars but idk if it is worth it.
>>
>>344854338
I love my vita!
>>
depends on what games you're into.
Got a 3DS?
>>
>>344854338
I love my vita!
>>
>>344854435
Yeah I have a 3ds but I wanted to try something else. Not really interested in weeb games.
>>
>For $80

Yeah it's worth it. Most of the games that come out on it now are PS3 or PS4 ports and weebshit. It's good for those types of games.

The memory cards are expensive as fuck though and sometimes games will take AGES to drop in price on the PSN. Good luck finding physical copies of games too since many people forgot the Vita even existed.

TLDR; If you like JRPG's and ports of good games with slight downgrades then go for it.
>>
>>344854479

What do you consider weeb? Because there's a big difference between something like SMT and Neptunia.
>>
>>344854489
Why did people abandon it?
>>
>>344854479
>weeb games
I love this meme
>>
>>344854559
o god
>>
>>344854595
Sony tried to market it in the west to dudebros when it's really for weebs and other niche groups like that. Then they complained the groups were too niche.
>>
>>344854798
Seems like it had potential, anyways thanks for the help I think I will buy it
>>
>>344854479
>Yeah I have a 3ds but I wanted to try something else. Not really interested in weeb games.

Chances are, your 3ds games ARE weeb games.
>>
>>344854887
The good thing about it is that it isn't region locked like the 3DS. The bad thing is the code is so closed-source and obfuscated to the point where it'll take ages before it gets jailbroken like the PSP.
>>
>>344854595

It was way too expensive to start because of the memory cards. The games that ended up coming out on it also ended up too niche and the only mainstream games it got were a horrible CoD game and a surprisingly good Killzone one.

If you have a look at releases on the PSN it's usually indieshit from Steam that got ported to the Vita along with 2 pages of Atelier games followed by more indieshit for a while until you hit something that MIGHT be worth a purchase (If it wasn't $59.95).

It really needs someone to hack it and bring it to PSP levels of CFW. Too bad it'll never happen.

If you can find a game on your PS3 or PS4 chances are it might have a Vita port that runs slightly laggier, with massive downgrades, sometimes abruptly crashes, and is priced like the full thing.
>>
>>344855017

>The good thing about it is that it isn't region locked like the 3DS.
It's completely impractical to use multiple digital accounts though. It's good for physical importers but why they couldn't simply have made it like the PS3 is beyond me.
>>
Quick, recommend me some games, EU PSN.
>>
>>344855171

Persona 4 Golden
FFX and FFX-2 HD Remaster
Killzone: Mercenaries
Ar no Surge Plus
Atelier series
God of War HD Collection
Ratchet and Clank HD collection
>>
File: skittles.jpg (2 MB, 1324x1500) Image search: [Google]
skittles.jpg
2 MB, 1324x1500
>>344854338

Vita my love I!
>>
>>344855240

I'm pretty sure he wanted good games
>>
>>344855171
Soul Sacrifice Delta
DJ Max Technika Tune
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
God Eater
Freedom Wars
>>
>>344855329
I'm pretty sure most people except shitposters consider those good games.
>>
>>344855393

at least this anon >>344855342 had the decency to recommend some good stuff like SSD
Everything you posted was shit except Ratchet possibly Killzone.
>>
>>344855329

Those are good games though the problem is most of them came out years ago

Really the only original game on that list is Killzone: Mercenaries which is pretty good. Everything else is a port or a remaster with slightly more stuff. Such is the Vita.
>>
>>344855171

Muramasa
>tfw DLC isn't on sale
>>
File: l_5610e5d7541b5.jpg (198 KB, 502x640) Image search: [Google]
l_5610e5d7541b5.jpg
198 KB, 502x640
>9 ips
>25 posts.
>>344854489, >>344855029

There are no PS4 ports for vita currently, there are a few PS3 ports that can largely be skipped, other than that it has a pretty solid library for such a small installbase. It's just too bad when the thing gets games and doesn't comply with your bias you'll automatically call it weebshit.

I dont know you put fourth so much effort to hate the system. What's your problem with the system?
>>
>>344854338
>you like anime shit?

>yes

yes

>no

no
>>
>>344854338
Every Vanillaware game is available on Vita. My brother and I just call them our vanillaware machines.
>>
>>344855127
>but why they couldn't simply have made it like the PS3 is beyond me.

Ultimately, it was done in the effort to prevent piracy on the system.
>>
>>344856558

How does that prevent piracy at all?
>>
>>344856616
>>344856616
accounts were card bound because of the memory card drm system and the memory card drm system is a security measure that was only possible on proprietary memory instead of sd card which would carry security risks without drm on there thus ultimately preventing and complicating the piracy process 10 fold.

one way to think of it is you are basically trading ease of access and convenience for third party support because that is essentially whats happening.
>>
>>344856616
> It's completely impractical to use multiple digital accounts though.

You see.... Vita cartridges are regional free. It doesn't matter what region your vita is set to, it can read any cartridge from any region. So you never need to change accounts as long as you buy physical.

That is why asain companies are now including english with their physical vita games. You can import games such as Moero Chronicles and enjoy it regardless of what region your account is set to.
>>
>>344857016

>accounts were card bound because of the memory card drm system
this makes zero sense

PS3 hard drives were completely encrypted but you still had multiple accounts on one.

>>344857383

I addressed that in my original post.
>>
>>344857428
vita accounts are bound to the memory cards

ps3 accounts are system bound and allowed you to create several.
>>
>>344857790

They are bound to memory cards because of software, not because of hardware.

This can be demonstrated by the fact that you can use the email exploit to simply overwrite the PSN activation file (act.dat) to switch from one PSN account to another. These activation files are not unique to a memory card, they're unique to a console.
The PS3 had the same system, except that it recognises an act.dat for each account you have. The Vita is programmed to only recognise one act.dat as a deliberate restricting design decision and not because of DRM or antipiracy.
>>
>>344858005
>They are bound to memory cards because of software, not because of hardware.

thats what I've been saying, they are bound to the drm software on the memory cards

>deliberate restricting design decision
No, the account and memory card system was an act of measure against piracy. If the vita used regular sd cards the system would be much easier to hack
>>
>>344858167

The propietary memory system is completely apart from the single account limitation.
It would have been possible to have multiple accounts on one memory card and still use proprietary memory.
>>
>>344854479
>Yeah I have a 3ds
> Not really interested in weeb games.

You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>344859149
Have a 3ds, use it for emulating games
>>
>>344854338
Maybe. If you care about portability, go for it.
If not, skip.
>>
File: 1526167laughing.gif (147 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1526167laughing.gif
147 KB, 320x240
>>344859496
>thinks being a literal nigger is any better
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.