[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Furi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Furi_Poster.png (3 MB, 1280x1813) Image search: [Google]
Furi_Poster.png
3 MB, 1280x1813
Who's the tasteless pretentious fuckwit that thought having you walk (albeit automatically) through an unskippable scene while a narrator spoke, seemingly endlessly & between every pseudo/boss fight?
>>
They put those there to stretch the game length and make it last over 2 hours so Steamfags won't be able to refund it
>>
>>344850404
It's a cool down period my dude. These fights get pretty intense and it's nice to have a bit of a reprieve. Also the music is chill, they add a lot of atmosphere and story bites if you care about that stuff which a lot of people do
>>
>>344850404
It's to get some story and chill out for a minute between the fights.
They aren't very long, if you care so little about the story that you can't stand it then just press dash and go afk for a few minutes.
>>
>>344851836
>cool down period
>cool down bro
>not keeping the tension up while you're in the zone
>>344852114
>just leave the game alone for a bit even though it starts the next battle automatically
A real cool down period is one where you have "press X for next boss" & you're free to take a break or not.
>>
I think the story is pretty neat but I'll agree, the segments go on way to long. If they were cut down by a fourth, or you ran when moving through the parts where he isn't talking it'd be much better imo. It breaks the flow up too much.
>>
>>344852114
>They aren't very long
I spent a good 5 minutes going to what I thought was going to be the second boss only for the fight to break off after his first phase. Then it threw me into another walk-a-thon.
>>
What's the best way to deal with the burst in the later melee segments?
It seems like she's only open to being hit either through perfect parries or after blocking a full combo.
>>
>>344852345
Block a full combo. She always sticks to a pattern with her melee attacks, if I'm not mistaken it was 4 attacks, then 1 attack, then 2 attacks. Very predictable and easy to parry.
>>
>>344852476
I figured as such. Most of the solutions for things so far have been "git gud".
Don't actually mind that.
>>
How to deal with the post-credits final boss?
I'm getting my ass kicked by the laser and bullet hell
>>
>>344852696
Use the charge shot instead of normal shooting.
>>
>>344854709
There's barely any time to charge when having to dodge in three different directions at the same time in the third phase, though
>>
>>344854959
You don't need to charge all the way, charging a little bit releases the big laser too.
>>
>>344855479
It's just nearly impossible to stay alive when it starts shooting four lasers that cover all the arena at once
Dodging in any direction just means you'll land in another laser and there's little to no time to take out the drones
>>
>>344856328
It's actually possible to dodge those 4 lasers, just imagine dodge to the bottom, then bottom right, back to bottom center and the center. Don't even bother taking out drones, staying alive is more important than DPS for this boss.
>>
>>344856810
So focusing on dodging during the laser part and then shooting during the ball waves is a better strategy than trying to keep shooting constantly?
>>
>>344856967
Yes, though after dodging the laser 4 times you have a couple of seconds to just dps the hands. But you really need to get comfortable to start damaging the hands after dodging right away, otherwise the next phase will fuck you over really hard. And if it's any help, on Furier difficulty this fight isn't actually that much harder than on Furi.
>>
>>344857285
So once I've gotten good against it on Furi, as long as I can remember the fight, Furier won't be much different?
>>
they should have done it like bastion. would've been a lot better ):
>>
>>344857385
You need to get good at charge dodging while doing damage, but you don't even need to beat the Star on Furier for anything.
>>
File: 1468283199650.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1468283199650.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
>Tfw you beat the burst and the edge flawlessly after so many tries
>Tfw the soundtrack is GOAT

Really great game.
>>
File: 1420231519734.jpg (36 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
1420231519734.jpg
36 KB, 300x450
>it's a you have to repeat five phases of boring shit to get to learn the last one episode
>>
>>344857803
>Listening to Wisdom of Rage again without the pressure of The Line
It's actually really top notch. Clearing up these last Furier S Ranks is a bitch though. There's always something that goes wrong.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.