[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization VI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: civ 6 portrait bingo.jpg (160 KB, 392x725) Image search: [Google]
civ 6 portrait bingo.jpg
160 KB, 392x725
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GXFpBa9kD8
The latest Civilization VI video, an interview with the developers at Firaxis. At 2:50 during the video, a board can be seen in the background with a grid of portraits that are apparently ordered alphabetically by Civ name, left to right, top to bottom.

It's kind of blurry, and not everything has been made out yet, but it's close enough that people have decoded most of the chart.
>>
File: civ vi leader portraits.png (888 KB, 1164x1010) Image search: [Google]
civ vi leader portraits.png
888 KB, 1164x1010
The three that can't be completely made out either by matching images or placement deduction are:

B5: A Civ that's between Germany and Greece alphabetically doesn't leave a great many options. Outside chance they mixed up their letters and it's supposed to be Georgia.

C5: A Civ that's between Kongo and Poland allows for a much wider berth; current leading guesses fall between Mongolia, Ottomans, and Persia. The latter's been in every Civ since 2, but that's not an assurance - possible it's a Sassanid-era relief, though.

E1: It does seem closest to Philip II, but this seems to present a problem- D5 is almost certainly Isabella of Portugal (Phillip's mother), who, despite the name, could only really lay claim to personal regency of Spain. Why would Spain be the only Civ with two rulers, even if they're planning alternate leaders?

And for that matter, D5: There's a distinct possibility that the artists did an image search for Queen Isabella of Spain and used that image - it shows up in the top 10, despite being a different person than the more popularly known Isabella I.
>>
Brand new Leaders (new Civs starred):

Theodore Roosevelt of America
Catherine de Medici of France
Hojo Tokimune of Japan
*Afonso I of Kongo
Jadwiga of Poland
Trajan of Rome
*Tomyris of Scythia

Returning Leaders

Saladin of Arabia (first appeared in Civ IV)
Montezuma II of Aztecs (first appeared in Civ I)
Pedro II of Brazil (first appeared in Civ V:Brave New World)
Cleopatra of Egypt (first appeared in Civ II)
Victoria of England (first appeared in Civ IV)
Barbarossa of Germany (first appeared in Civ II)
Pericles of Greece (first appeared in Civ IV)
Gandhi of India (first appeared in Civ I)
Peter I of Russia (first appeared in Civ IV)
Gilgamesh of Sumeria (first appeared in Civ III:Conquests)

(Should it be either Isabella I or Phillip II for Spain, both were introduced in Civ II. Isabella of Portugal has not yet been in a Civ game.)

(Gandhi is the only leader to have been in every single vanilla installment. The Aztecs have had both Montezuma I and Montezuma II in the series, so they have not have had the same leader for every game.)

Though Arioch seems to think that because there are seeimingly 22 Civs present that not all of them can be in the included game (only 18 in the base game), it must be remembered that there are already 4 post-launch DLC planned, which could explain the number.
>>
Sounds reasonable enough
>>
File: spook.jpg (1 KB, 72x125) Image search: [Google]
spook.jpg
1 KB, 72x125
WHO
>>
File: 1418971904863.jpg (165 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
1418971904863.jpg
165 KB, 1058x705
I just want the "Sid's" difficulty to be actually smart, not outright fucking cheat.
>>
>>344850573
Looks like a woman.
>>
>open video
>greg miller
>close video

how the fuck does this guy get work

how the fuck do people find him enjoyable
>>
>>344851320
I don't know who that is
>>
>>344850650
don't worry it will cheat
>>
>>344848225
Fun fact: The 'cat' on the bottom row is an animal called a civet.

Civ it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.