[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap key sites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: g2a.png (66 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
g2a.png
66 KB, 500x290
Hey guys, I have a question about cheap CD key sites such as g2a or greenmangaming etc.

I am currently looking for the crew since I want a comfy racing game. I see 2 types of keys. For less then 10 bucks you have a uplay global key and for 15 bucks a steam key.

I am wondering can I use the uplay global key to activate the game on steam too? Its just because steam is less hassle than uplay.

Thanks
>>
>>344846089
These are the two I mean:

g2a.com/the-crew-uplay-cd-key-global.html
g2a.com/the-crew-steam-cd-key-global.html

As you can see the steam one is 16,50 and the uplay one is 9,50 so yeah I kinda dont wanna spend more than 10 on this so can I use the uplay one on steam too?

Thanks alot

also general cheap cd key site thread for games
>>
Protip: Don't use G2A
>>
>>344846223
why not?

i used it once before for spintires and it works fine too

but can anyone answer my question about if I can use the uplay one on steam too? Simply because its less money and I prefer to launch the game through steam

thanks!
>>
>>344846089
Yes you can, Uplay keys activate on steam
You can buy without worry my friend
>>
File: y7Ny1U.png (326 KB, 375x378) Image search: [Google]
y7Ny1U.png
326 KB, 375x378
>>344846089
Are you fucking retarded? Why would a uplay key work on steam, dipshit?

>>344846223
G2A is fine who gives a shit about the reddit drama crying about dev money.
>>
>>344846318
Are you joking with me?

Plz guys I dont know shit about this, just be nice to a poorfag with a shit life that just wants to escape from reality and play a game

:(

>>344846324
Well why not?

So the answer is no and I should get the steam one?
>>
>>344846318
This is complete bullshit. However, consider that even with a Steam key you will still have to use Uplay, just you'll be doing it through Steam.
>>
>>344846324
I don't really give a shit about devs, but if you don't want your CC info to be sold to a host of nigerian princes I'd recommend avoiding G2A
>>
>>344846405
yes it works dude ignore the other bitter troll
>>
>>344846424

ok so I will just need to buy the steam key?

yeah i know it still requires uplay of some sort but launching through steam is easier and less hassle

>>344846480
dude
>>
>>344846524
Yes, if you're worried about the convenience of it just buy the Steam key, especially considering the difference is only a few dollars.
>>
>>344846524
It works fine with Uplay keys he is being ebin 4chan troll trying to make you waste the 5 dollar difference
>>
>>344846480
>>344846318
how sad must your life be that you tell people this
>>
>>344846451
Who puts their CC info on the internet these days when you can just use Paypal?
>>
>>344846624
well considering one is 9 bucks and the other is 16.50 bucks its still kind of a difference

>>344846627
how come i dont believe you? its the way you type. because if you are wrong i waste not 5 dollar but 10 dollar
>>
>>344846698
It's negligible for the peace of mind you'll get from it. But honestly, what is making you interested in playing the Crew in the first place?
>>
>>344846819
i want a comfy racing game

just wanna gofast and drive through burgerlands

it looks comfy, and there isnt a crack for it so i thought maybe ill just buy it

but yeah if the steam key still needs uplay, do you still need a uplay account and all that shit? or does it only require the software uplay? because if I still need uplay accoutn maybe its easier to just get uplay one?
>>
>>344846914
That's exactly the thing, you'll still have to do everything with Uplay that you would otherwise. So you still need an account and all of that nonsense. The ass backwards thing is that if you chose to download Uplay directly and then try to download your copy of the Crew, it would start opening Steam for the download, so it's not like you really get a benefit out of having it on both platforms.

I guess I understand the desire for it in that case.
>>
>>344846914
You literally launch the game from steam, which launches Uplay, which then launches the game
You do need a Uplay account and you have to install and run Uplay when you play it
>>
>>344847048
>>344847054

so even if I buy the game for 30 bucks through steam, and it installs and then launch it, steam would open fucking uplay asking me to make a uplay account?
>>
>>344847184
Yes, that's why all of their games have those DRM notices.
>>
>>344847275
fuck me

the reason is I dont want to remember new accounts and god knows I might even already have a uplay account with my email

then i need to remember all new usernames, emails, logins just for 1 single game

that shit is a fucking pain in the ass

this is why i pirate

so if i buy the game on steam and I remember my uplay details I can never play the steam game again?

thansk for the help guys
>>
>>344847184
Yep

Uplay isn't that bad on its own desu
>>
>>344847347
bump
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.