[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do every fucking game have to implement a goddamn XP/level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Rust_videogame_logo.png (2 KB, 480x207) Image search: [Google]
Rust_videogame_logo.png
2 KB, 480x207
Why do every fucking game have to implement a goddamn XP/level system? What's so appealing about that shitty blizzard system?

Now basically they killed the game with the patch because now that everyone has to stick with one server since you won't have XP in other servers, which makes it veeery difficult to adapt to a new one. Why do they kill casual survival game with a NEET attractor?
>>
>>344838104
better than blueprints actually but still shit
>>
>>344839137
I think blueprints were better for its randomness. It's just a survival game where you have to explore a shitton of places and those random encounters will make you rich suddenly. But at any moment, you have the same risk chance to lose everything. It was good before.
>>
>>344838104
Go fuck yourself, that's the only way you're getting laid.
>>
>>344839270
I'm a wagecuck casual player, I already get all the booty I want.
>>
>>344839234
>I think blueprints were better for its randomness

Your opinion is shit

Most people fucking hated the blueprint system because it was grind with no reward.

>Now basically they killed the game with the patch because now that everyone has to stick with one server since you won't have XP in other servers

It was the same exact shit across different servers you faggot, you didnt carry the blueprints to new servers.

>Why do they kill casual survival game with a NEET attractor?

If anything, it made it more easier for people to play it casually, i have summe classes plus the job to pay rent and i enjoyed playing Rust more with this system because the shit i needed was more easily obtainable than fucking grinding barrels at night
>>
>>344839478
I have $120k/year salary, I think it killed its casualness.
>>
>>344839718
Nigga i dont care about your salary, i just said that i have very little time to play but each time i play i actually feel like i was making progress towards a goal, like getting a guitar for the sake of it.

In comparasion of hitting a barrel, getting shot and killed getting barrels and ended up with 5 different blueprints of some stupid shit
>>
>>344838104

It already had base building. At that point, you might as well just let the cancer completely take over. Probably the #1 disease to kill survival games.
>>
>>344840427
Base building adds way too much safety for a survival game. One faggot builds a 1000000-story tower on a mountain and starts shooting newbies. What if he is killed? Who cares, he has 150 sleeping bags in his tower. C4s? Who cares, I can put layers of walls and doors over and over so I can destroy raid party until they could blow up everything.

It's just bullshit.
>>
>>344840606

Exactly. Base building kills the survival game, because once you have nice safe spaces where you can store hundreds and thousands of items without fear and return easily to after dying, you are no longer surviving, you are thriving, and that's a distinction devs are forgetting about.

Base Building and Epoch/Overpoch killed the DayZ mod more than anything else. H1Z1 ended up being a glorified Battle Royale game because the survival was way too easy with the bases you can build there.

Same with Rust. Survival and all that goes out the window after you've built yourself a 6 story bunker worthy of NORAD.
>>
>>344841034
Base building can be regulated otherwise the crafting system would be useless since you can't store materials anywhere. But being able to build limitless-story houses that has millions of doors is just beyond bullshit. Because at that point, you can just go out naked with one of your millions of crossbow in your base and try to get newbies.

Instead of base building, maybe players should have been encouraged to build metal sheets for covering the doors and windows in pre-built buildings on the map.
>>
>>344841353

Nah, best I'm thinking is like people boarding up houses, not making metal sheets unless you're like tearing the hoods of cars off, or finding ones from factories and home depots and shit. Doubt you'd just be out in the woods somewhere, just smelting metals in your spare time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.