[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STALKER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: stalker_wp_01_1024.jpg (304 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
stalker_wp_01_1024.jpg
304 KB, 1024x768
Just finished Shadow of Chernobyl. It was great.

Should I go on to Clear Sky or skip it? I heard some say this one isn't good.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>344826462
Call of Pripyat was better than Clear Sky, if I remember correctly. I liked all three though.
>>
>>344826462
I'd skip it if I knew what it was like, or at least play CoP first
>>
File: 1385001814016.jpg (85 KB, 786x782) Image search: [Google]
1385001814016.jpg
85 KB, 786x782
>>344826462
play all 3 vanilla in order and then get misery mod for pripyat, its the only way to be sure
>>
>>344828160
Although I did play SoC vanilla, and liked it, it was pretty buggy.

Is that the case for the other games? And what does the misery mod do?
>>
Everytime I played Clear Sky it would crash. Making it a pain to get through. Would really like to see the whole game and unfortunately there aren't enough mods for it.
>>
>>344828160
what is the order you should play them in?
>>
File: TooExhaustedToMove.webm (3 MB, 1000x560) Image search: [Google]
TooExhaustedToMove.webm
3 MB, 1000x560
skip and play Pripyat
>>
>get like half way through SOC
>make the dumb decision to install a major graphic overhaul mod (I think it was autumn aurora)
>destroys my save and fucks up my entire game
>desire destroyed to play since
anyone have a link to a relatively new mod guide? i just want some simple graphics and bug fixing mods to start with
>>
>>344829225
Would have been nice to have bug fixing mods on my play through of SoC.

Are there any mods like that for CoP?
>>
if you just did an average play of soc, play clear sky. if you went really in depth, every nook and cranny, etc clear sky will bore you to death as 80% of the maps are carried over.
>>
>>344829318
You shouldn't really need bug fixing mods. The patched versions are pretty good about fixing things themselves. Make sure you have the latest patch and you shouldn't have a problem.
>>
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.
The general consensus is clear sky is shit. It's an OK time waster, you can mod guns in it.. slightly more polished than SoC.

CoP is definitely the most stable, and atmospheric game IMO.

Call of Chernobyl is like a giant sandbox of all 3 game worlds running on the CoP engine. No real quest, but the 'base' is there for modders to go nuts with.
>>
>>344828461
Most are too casual for misery, its brutally hard but very rewarding. Many Changes, like blowing coke to increase your carry/stamina :P Claesses, etc.

>>344828253
Soc->CS->CoP-???
there are many mods for stalker but there is one for SOC that remade it a new atmosphere, its brilliant and i wish i could remember the name. It was NOT stalker complete though.
>>
^ oops invert those
>>
>>344829225
>a major graphic overhaul mod
Autumn Aurora is more than just a straight graphical overhaul mod, it does change some things besides the graphics and so it requires starting from the beginning
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.