[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Forest shill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: hqdefault.jpg (53 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
53 KB, 480x360
Why is no one talking about the Forest? It's this incredibly atmospheric survival horror game with coop and basebuilding. Playing this the last couple of days with my mates has been the fucking best! It's way more polished than Rust, DayZ or Minecraft ever was. The UI is smooth as pussy. It's got a big island with animals, hostile cannibals with interesting AI, great lighting and optimization, huge ass caves like in the movie "The Descent" - and the nights are dark and terrifying as shit. Also, becoming cannibals ourselves and using enemy corpses as decoration is top kek
>>
Because it's shit and is a generic 'survival' game
>>
I haven't played it but Zuma Arcade has a lot of good content for it on Youtube I enjoy. Nice to see it getting consistent content updates, the full version is going to be packed with content.
>>
generic as fuck open world sandbox zombie* survival crafting garbage
*zombies replaced with cannibals
>>
>>344826332
(cont)
It might be because I've had a long break from the online survival genre but this shit is seriously leagues ahead of any competition I've tried. I've only played minecraft from 09-12 and DayZ from 12-13. I've seem some footage of Rust but it doesn't look nearly as good, gameplay or graphics-wise. Ark seems cool but also kinda grindy from what I've read, even considering the genre.
>>
>>344826332
Played it 2 years ago and it was scary and too hard senpai.
>>
>>344826332
>atmospheric survival horror game
welp you lost me
>>
>>344826537
>>344826790
Have you niggas even tried it?>>344826656
It's already packed with content, and I haven't noticed any aweful jankyness that usually comes with these sorts of games.
>>
>>344826332
Still on early access after 2 years, has any game that's been on early access actually been finished?
It's basically a "give me money for unrealized ideas" status.
>>
I played it after it first released I don't even know what they're doing with it.

Rape mods when
>>
>>344826537
First post best post

Its an early access survival/horror shooter that does the same shit as every other game in the genre.
>>
Nothing good has happened with the game in over a year and it will never leave early access.
>>
>>344827015
DayZ is still early access too

Its been 3 years and they still cant finish it
>>
Boy I sure do love chopping trees to collect logs for 5 hours for a half decent base
>>
does this game still have the retarded mouse smoothing bullshit?

i got it during a steam sale, but dropped and uninstalled immediately when i moved the mouse, found out there was forced smoothing, and there was no way to disable it
>>
It's fucking boring.
>>
>>344827112
Actually It's worse than most of the other games in the genre
>>
>>344827239
Yes, holy fuck yes it does. Decided to play it last week for the first time since 2014. Walked out of the plane and looked around. Instantly uninstalled.
>>
A survival early access game!
I think I've never seem one of those before.
>>
>>344827469
wow, fuck that shit then, it's been two years and mouse smoothing is still forced on by default?

>>344826332
come back and shill when mouse smoothing can be disabled
>>
>>344826915
Welp I know. Try it with some friends, it's not that bad fighting hordes of flesh eaters in total dark if you've got a bro or two.
>>344827015
This game could be released as it is today, I'm telling you.
>>344827239
I haven't noticed any mouse smoothing. That shit usually drives me nuts
>>
>>344826332
>playing bad survival games when you could be playing good ones
technically not survival, but still infinitely better
>>
>>344827006
>It's already packed with content
ok dev
>>
>>344827465
name 2 better ones.
>>
When did they add fucking creepy creatures like that one in the top right?
>>
I prefer Zombie Survival Craft Z: 7 Days to Ark.
>>
>>344827605
What is this kind of autism?
>>344827493
This is actually good and doesn't even seem like an early access game, compared to most of them.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2E2JZaD_0Q
>0:45
>wasting you time hacking away at a bit of wood

Fuck these games, seriously, this absolutely arbitrary time grinding shit needs to stop.
>>
>>344827792
They walk around and sound like spiders
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (337 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
337 KB, 1600x900
>>344827867
>What is this kind of autism?
Its not even autism, anyone can play Factorio. It just doesnt waste your life away grinding, the machines do the grinding and you spend your time figuring out how to produce the goods you need to advance.
>>
>>344827895
It's supposed to be immersive and an actual simulation. If you don't want that just play minecraft.
>>
File: Spider_Mutant10.jpg (392 KB, 950x1500) Image search: [Google]
Spider_Mutant10.jpg
392 KB, 950x1500
>cannibals
>suddenly giant genetic engineered creature straight from Area 51
>>
>>344828181
>It's supposed to be immersive and an actual simulation
Holy shit kill yourself, there is nothing immersive about hacking away at a bit of wood and wasting your life.

If you want actual immersion play The Long Dark. Forest is nothing more than a shitty cash grab attempt at the survival genre that adds nothing new and uses cheap tricks like making it take forever to do anything in order to waste your time and keep you playing.
>>
>>344828052
>It just dosen't waste your life away
I dont wanna dissapoint you anon, but any kind of video games wastes life away.
>>
>the ui is smooth as pussy
>>
>>344828181
>It's supposed to be immersive and an actual simulation
Its neither of those things
>>
>>344828516
Lurk more newfag
>>
>>344827895
Explore the island and find a better axe. Or make one.

Also, when you chop down all the trees in an area near your base the local tribes get mad and launch patrols and attacks with greater force. Then you have to sneak out of the base, around the enemies, into the forest, chop down some wood, pray no one hears your racket, maybe build a tree house or something if night comes earlier than expected and really struggle to survive.
>>
>>344828636
>dont like grinding, grind more so you can grind better then!
No. Shit game, fuck off.
>>
>>344828775
Some of us enjoy working to earn stuff that gives us an advantage in games. Some don't. Stop being a fucking bitch, you useless twat.
>>
>>344828636
Simply cutting down an entire forest feels fucking great in this game. Totally exterminating the locals and making them into xmas decorations feels even better.

mountain home base masterrace
>>
>>344828921
>Some of us enjoy working to earn stuff
You didnt 'work' for anything, you held down M1 on a tree and got a shiny reward

Come back when you can actually achieve something hard and not absolutely mindless

Stop crying that people have the brains to realize this is a scam of a game. Here is your last (you) because I know you'll reply with another lame attempt to save face.
>>
>>344828921
>Some of us enjoy working to earn stuff
>Grinding
>'working to earn stuff'
What a waste of life you are.
>>
>>344828775
This game is basically Minecraft with an edgy coat of paint. If you don't like the grindy nature of survival games, this ain't your cup of tea.

If you do however enjoy games like DayZ, Minecraft etc. this game is the god damn golden second coming of Christ.
>>
>>344828625
Get out of your mom's basement time to time, kiddo.
>>
>>344829218
I do actually enjoy survival games, this one however is irredeemable rubbish

You're obviously a shill though, or just an idiot.
>>
>>344829265
Lurk more newfag
>>
Because the alpha gave me a really false sense of the game.

The animations are usually pretty janky, so it's not very immersive. You move around so rigidly and upright all the time. I don't know how they had such good animations for the alpha videos but the actual gameplay is lacking.

Speaking of lacking, the fucking combat is atrocious. Which is even worse considering you'll be doing more combat than building within your first hour of gameplay.

It also sucks how many resources it takes to build even something remotely decent, at which point you now have a clearcut area and need to head out just to drag logs back.
>>
>>344828458
You sound way too worked up. It's just a videogame. The dev made it focusing on immersion and simulation in an environment with cannibals, by his vision. It's not supposed to be arcadey or to be beaten in 10 minutes.
I also have, in fact, played the long dark and I found it pretty boring.
>>
>>344826332
They're still developing this?
>>
>>344829456
>The dev made it focusing on immersion and simulation in an environment with cannibals
He failed. /thread
>>
>>344829065
Bitch I played Super Meat Boy, Bloodborne, all the Souls games, CS 1.5, STALKER SoC, Mount & Blade, DayZ, DMC3, etc. I could go on and on about the basement dwelling I've been up to. I'm telling you, The Forest is a hard game.
>>
>>344829456
>I find games where I spend my entirely time grinding trees and rocks more enjoyable than games that make me think, plan and actually survive
>I play this because its immersive and simulators! But I hate games that are immersive and simulators!
Pfthahahahah, fucking priceless
>>
>>344829553
>I played a bunch of casual games!
>This one is hard though!
Holy shit my fucking sides are in orbit. Okay kid this turd of a game is 'hard' because you love grinding, great logic.

oh god my sides
>>
>>344826332
Because its shit? Its poorly made nothing works well, and other games do the same thing but better
>>
>>344829065
>>344829198
>waaaaaaaah you're not having fun the way i think you should
>thinking every game ever where you have to collect resources to make stuff is shit
what a bunch of fucking crybabies, go plug in your furry-tails and play some obscure JRPG's you edgy cockmouths.
>>
>>344829750
What games exactly do you think are NOT casual? Just gonna post Dwarf Fortress 10 times?
>>
>>344829445
>The animations are usually pretty janky, so it's not very immersive. You move around so rigidly and upright all the time.
Dunno how they were but they're fine now.

>Speaking of lacking, the fucking combat is atrocious. Which is even worse considering you'll be doing more combat than building within your first hour of gameplay.
Combat is better when you find a better weapon like a spear or a katana, or bow & different kinds of arrows. It's meant to be slow and horrible in the beginning when you're using a shitty axe.

>It also sucks how many resources it takes to build even something remotely decent, at which point you now have a clearcut area and need to head out just to drag logs back.
If something looks like it's built of 30 pieces of lumber, it needs exactly 30 pieces of lumber.
>>
Dicked around with it recently, fucking caves were SCARY AS SHIT and cool to explore but in the long run, there was no real incentive to build a base when you could just live on the run and gather mats/food as you go.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>344829510
>>344829639
Boy am I glad I'm still able to enjoy videogames.

>b-but it's shit!!!! I'M TELLING YOU, LISTEN TO MY OPINION
Lmao
>>
>>344829750
if games like stalker and super meat boy are casual what are games like candy crush?
>>
I own the game and it's pretty good. It's just /v/ shitting on games just for fun, don't worry op.
>>
>>344829750
I have a strong suspicion the kid here is you

Fine, I'll bite. What games are hand by your standards then?
>>
>>344829894

He's probably one of those faggots that think the only hardcore gameplay is Quake and Unreal Tournament style arena shooters and anything that even remotely deviates is for babies.
>>
>>344830320
He doesn't have any. I already asked. >>344829894

He just sits on /v/ playing autistic games in windowed mode while he browses /v/ and probably has over 9k hours in DOTA 2.

I personally think The Forest is still buggy and doesn't run very well. Also, that spider legged fuck, last time I checked, still had some stock health bar and little spawn token under him as he walked around. Some pretty Alpha-looking shit still in there.

I think it's funny they took the kid out of the intro scene, because everyone kept speculating on it and the dev said it was pretty much nothing.
>>
File: 1465974958535.jpg (95 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1465974958535.jpg
95 KB, 426x426
>>344826332
>Why is no one talking about the game i am trying to shill?
>>
I like it a lot. Very fun to play with friends building a giant murdercamp
>>
>>344828231
I'd fuck it.
>>
>>344831048
I'd watch you fuck it.
>>
>>344830582
It runs great on my mediocre computer. I7 920 2.6ghz, 8gm ram and AMD 7970 3GB gets me between 30-50 fps at very high & 1080

The health bar and all that shit has also been removed. The only bugs I've seem have been when building roofs and shit on our huge fortress on the edge of the giant crater.
>>
If you've got those kinds of friends who like playing this survival shit then there's probably worse games to be stuck in. You have to really pummel the shit out of the cannibals to take them down though and that sucks.
>>
>>344826332
This game would've been good if they released it when it was actually finished.
>>
>>344826332
>my mates

Theres the issue right there. Games that are designed to require friends to be enjoyable, are not really very good games. Any game can be fun with friends.
>>
>>344827598

>Friends

Every single survival game gets boring very quickly once you become relatively self sufficient or have seen most of what the game has to offer on your own. If you have no friends to play it with they're not worth getting.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.