[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On a scale of 1 to 10, how boring was this? I heard bad things.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 20
File: 4a87cd9ef8335e09910f6a7067000305.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4a87cd9ef8335e09910f6a7067000305.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
On a scale of 1 to 10, how boring was this?

I heard bad things.
>>
its not
>>
It's actually the best Uncharted in the series
>>
>>344813652
this
>>
>>344813121
/v/ hates anything popular

personally i thought it was great
>>
>>344813121
it's terrible. I own it and still haven't bothered beating it it sucks SO FUCKING HARD. I just can't bring myself to go through it it's so fucking boring.

I'm finally gonna be able to play the online soon though and I'm really hoping that will redeem this terrible 'game'
>>
This review is spot on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm3XEzst1dk
>>
>>344814731
>it's terrible. I own it and still haven't bothered beating it it sucks SO FUCKING HARD.
post a timestamp
>>
>>344813121
It's a 7/10.
Somewhat enjoyable, but feels too scripted at times and not much replay value.
Worth it if you can get it for 20-30 bucks
>>
>>344813121
The people that enjoy the franchise liked it, the people that dislike the franchise found out just enough about it to shitpost and act like they played it to add weight to their claims that it sucks.
>>
>>344814792

i hate stupid reviews like this if you think the story is boring play the multiplayer
>>
>>344813652
I am trying to beat 2 since I haven't yet, but goddamn I feel like giving up and going to 4 already. It is so goddamn boring. Jesus Christ. 3 was decent but 1 and 2 are the most boring games I have gone through personally.
>>
It was okay, but it suffered too much from loss of control during the game. fucking hate parts where they take control away or limit it. thats why I love games like bloodborne where you are always in control.
>>
File: DSC_0002.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0002.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>344814828
pathetic fuckboy

it's a shit game and you nu /v/ fanboy turds need to piss off
>>
>>344813121
8/10 IMO

If you liked the previous ones you might like this one too
>>
>>344815319
>no timestamp

Nice Reddit photo, friend. You should go back.
>>
File: What the actual FUCK.jpg (25 KB, 335x478) Image search: [Google]
What the actual FUCK.jpg
25 KB, 335x478
>>344814792
>mark finally gives a eh review to something
>after all the dogshit he's loved over the years its somehow UC4
>he says UC1 was terrific
>seriously says that garbage crash stage was the best part but its juxtaposed with footage of him being bad at the game
what the fuck happened to mark
>>
>>344815319
did you play the multiplayer
>>
>>344815186
Finish 2 and skip.
>>
>>344815319
i'm not a fanboy, i'm an idort

uc4 was pretty fun, sorry you're the average neoga/v/ faggot that only says some obscure 7/10 is perfect and everything else is shit
>>
>>344815518
not yet, tomorrow I will. hope it's not a turd too if it is instant trade in.
>>
>>344815186
All the uncharted games suffer from "get good at halfway" syndrome. 2 gets good at the train section, 3 gets good at the uh, I forget, shipyard, maybe? 4 gets good at the part where they finally start the adventure and it stops being fucking boring endless cutscenes. 1 gets good when you start playing 2.
>>
>>344815593
>uc4 was pretty fun
hahahaha oh nu /v/

i dont blame you kiddies you were literally raised on shit and dont know any better

c'est la vie
>>
It's enjoyable. The grappling hook and new stealth mechanics add some variety to the combat, although enemies are fucking blind and you'll still get tired of the combat by the end.

Also way less annoying super tough enemies to fight like the other games tend to have at the end.

It's a nice conclusion, although knowing this industry nothing will be allowed to die until it isn't financially viable anymore.
>>
>>344813121
The action sequences, stealth sequences, and rope mechanics were good,
but like the other Uncharted games it does feel very linear and the climbing segments are shit.

Writing is good but it's wasted on a generic premise.

so like a 7/10 good MP
>>
>>344815651
3 was good-ish at the beginning then fell face flat after that
>>
File: Smug Cheers Guy.jpg (21 KB, 309x231) Image search: [Google]
Smug Cheers Guy.jpg
21 KB, 309x231
>>344815723
>mfw i've been posting on /v/ since 2007 and i can enjoy shit from every generation
lmao
>>
>>344815815
>3 was good-ish at the beginning

Bullshit. It was boring garbage at the beginning.
>>
>>344815723
oh tell us wise anon from times long past

what game should we play?
>>
>>344815870
The barfight was the most interesting part of the game. Then it went full retard.
>>
>>344813579
Literally just a woman.
>>
>>344815804
This, also why fuck can't I throw rocks to distract people? Would make the stealth parts way more doable and enjoyable.
>>
>>344815992
>The most cutscene riddled part was the most interesting part of the game

Ok anon.
>>
>>344815992
I loved the castle part, the sinking ship and the desert fight sections personally

I dunno, I thought it was on par with UC2 desu
>>
File: latest.png (24 KB, 100x140) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
24 KB, 100x140
>LET ME DO SOMETHING IN YOUR GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
Their video summed up my feelings about these kinds of games pretty accurately. Visually well-made, beautifully animated, great attention to detail (things like the unmade bed, laundry on the floor, etc.) and has the potential to tell a story through its gameplay but ultimately fails to do so and relies too often on false tension and scripted set pieces to move the player through the game to the next cutscene. The opposite of immersive.
>>
>>344815951
if you legitimately believe uncharted 4 is a good """""game""""" you're too far gone. just keep gobbling down shit """""games""""" and enjoy yourself I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnlDwEZkidI
>>
>>344816085
the "rock" for stealth games is super helpful but it's also kind of a crutch for people with no patience

it's sort of a hit or miss

but I understand your wanting it

Also
>those stealth segments on Crushing
so good
>>
>>344816120
With the weak ass shooting, platforming and puzzles uncharted has? Yes it was.
>>
>>344814792
>1 is terrific
>4 is bad
does mark browse /v/ now?
>>
>>344815319
DELETE THIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>344813121
it was as boring as a generic JRPG. Only time I had fun was during the elevator fight and the fights on the boat and they all take like 12 hours to reach
>>
>>344816245
You forgot the stealth anon. But that's to be expected from some shitter that plays the game on easy or watches videos of the same thing.
>>
There's something intrinsecally dull about this series, but I just cannot descipher what it is.
>>
>>344813579
Elena gives me this weird feeling that I just want her to be sexually satisfied. You can tell she really deserves it
>>
It's like you watch Indiana Jones and for 80% of the movie you're watching Harrison Ford climb on walls.
>>
File: NadineRoss-Uncharted4-Render.jpg (877 KB, 1920x2025) Image search: [Google]
NadineRoss-Uncharted4-Render.jpg
877 KB, 1920x2025
>>
File: based rafe.png (2 MB, 891x1080) Image search: [Google]
based rafe.png
2 MB, 891x1080
Name one thing he did wrong
>>
>>344816357
Oh yeah the stealth 'enemies are blind until engaged in a fight' sections.
>>
>>344815836
I cant see how you can enjoy a climbing simulator featuring Combat from the Gears of war series if the climbing has no risk or skill involved in it
>>
>>344814792
Good review. Angry Joe accepted the dosh and gushed about this pile of shit like everybody else. Mark called it like it is and I respect him for it. He's so right about it going 'on and on and on'. My DaS3 playthrough took about 30 hours and it went by quickly. I've played U4 for 12 hours and it feels like a fucking eternity. I can't even bring myself to beat the fuck thing it's beyond fucking snore.
>>
>>344816734
Animal abuse
>>
>>344813121
It was mediocre, got pretty good near the end though.

I'd say worth $30, not $60. Multiplayer is cool if you're into that as well.
>>
>>344816525
yap
>>
>>344815319
NO NO NO THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH I NEED YOUR PSN TO REVIEW YOUR TROPHIES TO SEE THAT YOU PLAYED IT, AS WELL AS YOUR RECEIPT WITH YOUR SIGNATURE, A DRIVERS LICENSE WITH THE SAME NAME, AND A PICTURE OF YOUR FACE TO VERIFY EVERYTHING

SOMEONE GENUINELY NOT LIKING UC4 IS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE.
>>
>>344816164
With all the attention to detail the game play just shits all over it since its the biggest immersion breaker. Nate sometimes dying from 5 foot drops but then able to fall 100 feet and survive or making 20 foot jumps when he normally cant jump anywhere near that far.
>>
File: standard-image4.png (1 MB, 1105x586) Image search: [Google]
standard-image4.png
1 MB, 1105x586
Wow I can't believe the series is done.
>There will never be a new Uncharted game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgcq_ZtqbO0
It had a good run and will be remembered fondly as a masterpiece
>>
File: Capture3.png (67 KB, 685x658) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
67 KB, 685x658
>>344814792
>>
>>344816630
she looks mad
>>
>>344816752
>if the climbing has no risk or skill involved in it

Climbing on top of a cargo container can get you out of sight from a close-by enemy while at the same time exposing you to a myriad others. The skill is knowing when to climb shit.

There is no discussion with plebs who can only play games the one way they know to play them. Staying behind cover and taking pot shots at enemies is the most boring, tedious and least effective way to play the game, but of course it's not like you'd attempt otherwise you mongoloid.
>>
>>344817045
>implying they won't cram out sequels with Drake's tumblrina daughter
It will basically just be blonde Tomb Raider
>>
>>344816752
fuck off man every 3rd rock collapses after you grabbed it so you have to watch out!
>>
>>344817178
you press a button and you climb. its not that hard.
>but enemies can shoot at you and flank you
what is every game ever made?
>>
>No Doughnut Drake
>>
File: druckmann.jpg (100 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
druckmann.jpg
100 KB, 400x400
>>344817436
You're not a fat-shaming cishet scum are you, anon?
>>
File: 1416009438805.jpg (20 KB, 465x411) Image search: [Google]
1416009438805.jpg
20 KB, 465x411
>>344817436
>>
>>344813121
it's actually a great game. A solid 9/10 (not in your stupid boring meter).
>>
File: 1465328585944.jpg (311 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1465328585944.jpg
311 KB, 803x688
>>344817332
You press a button and you walk.
You press a button and you shoot.
You move a mouse or a stick and you aim.

It's not that hard. Which just goes to re-enforce that shit I was saying about you being a mongoloid.

>what is every game ever made

You are a joke. lol
>>
>>344817763

ico at best
>>
>>344817793
but shooting people I can miss. Nathan drake is super man and can never misses a jump unless the plot tells him too
>>
>>344817550
Of course not Kikemann
>>
>>344817990
>but shooting people I can miss

But you still shoot. You will never NOT shoot. You will never not fail to walk, such as tripping or falling over. And by jumping you can jump right into the sight of enemies who can kill him. You can jump off a cliff.

Stick on the easy difficulty kid.
>>
>>344813121

completely unrelated, but when I was scrolling past, that thumbnail looked like Nathan was wearing a bra
>>
>>344814731
I really hated it up until chapter 8. From then on it is fantastic, puzzles and climbing are still a little boring though. I still haven't beaten it (left off after shipwreck) because there are better things to play, but it is great and I'll probably go back to beat it at some point. Gunfights are best in the series.
>>
>>344818134
I cant believe someone is calling me a casual for not liking the gameplay in a console shooter. I beat it on hard but since I just shot people in the face instead of jumping up above them and shooting them in the face I am a casual
>>
>>344818356
You can't even understand words properly, lol. I'm not calling you a casual, (though you undoubtedly ARE), I'm calling you a mongoloid retard, which, again, you undoubtedly are.
>>
So what's your favorite moment in the series?
>>
File: TOSSED SALAD AND SCRAMBLED EGGS.png (249 KB, 368x425) Image search: [Google]
TOSSED SALAD AND SCRAMBLED EGGS.png
249 KB, 368x425
>>344816752
Because you're grossly exaggerating what the game actually was.

I loved the environments, exploring areas and coming up with creative ways to take down enemies

That feeling when you silently trip someone off a cliff, throw a grenande, jump on a rope, take down a guy, his friends blow up, you pick up a gun in mid air then shoot the rest? That's why I play video games.

Yeah, this game has a lot of cinematics, and yeah the story itself is generic, but it's still ultimately fun. It really does feel like you're in an Indiana Jones series and that's why I like the Uncharted series.
>>
>>344813121
I loved it. Been replaying the game with zero gravity and playing the multiplayer lately.
>>
>>344818819
3 has some of the most baller moments. I will always tell everyone my absolute favorite (in really all games) is the caravan chase in 3 where you have to catch up to marlowe's convoy and save sully. So much is riding on the line, so much buildup and development between their relationship through, the game, the music, the awe of the scene and how it ramps up. I fucking love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zkZ4DQSnzk
>>
>>344818487
>uncharted 4 fanboy calling anybody else a casual
Top lel. Now I've seen everything. Modern vee is such joke
>>
>>344819828
/v/ has always been a joke anon. It's obvious why you didn't know about it.
>>
>>344819976
Daw nu vee pretending to be oldfag again how cute :^)

Run along now and get some upboats on rebbit kiddo
>>
>>344813652
>it's actually the best pile of vomit in the series
Lol. Not that that's even true btw. Its easily the worst one I've played out of the main four
>>
>>344816164
Their video didn't sum up shit. The video was the first few chapters which had to be linear because they were setting up the premise and development of the plot for the game. Later on things open up significantly in Madagascar and you're free to take things at your own pace. I really played the game the way I felt it should be which is scowering around, looking for all the treasures you can find, triggering all the bonus things, talking with your allies and filling extra background info. Naughty Dog, when they're in the groove are the absolute best when it comes to delivering exposition because the plot character involvement is actively moving forward. For example, with Sully talking about his side business and struggles with new technology, shedding more light on the themes of moving on in life, adjusting for stability, in Madagascar while you're free to listen moving about looking for clues and bonus treasures. 4 has a lot of those individual subtle pieces that I feel so many don't pay attention to or pick up, and they're playing the game like a regular uncharted and passing everything through.

It's why I see so many people make complaints about the platforming. The platforming during exploration is just that. A TOOL for exploration. Those parts are for exploration and add diversity for aspect of the game. And as for its combat integration, it's meant to be used in tandem with your other tools as a means of diverse traversal in the middle of encounters and moving away from the enemies. The difficulty comes from on the higher difficulties when the a.i. is smarter and bumrushing you with alert as a hawk attention, and it would be annoying as shit to have trying to climb around and dodge enemy bullets but ALSO have to deal with a shadow of the colossus style grip gauge. Adding that adds an element that does not mesh with the other parts. In Shadow, you only have to focus on platforming in encounters, and that is why the grip gauge is there,
>>
But in Uncharted, you have to deal with so many other elements in enemy encounters. You have to deal with enemy awareness, you have to deal with being cought in holds, you have to deal with being shot at, you have to deal with MULTIPLE enemies and ALL of this is meshed together with the emphasis of environmental traversal, the use of your platforming to get to advantageous points, and the excruciatingly detailed level design, helps diversify and make this task more complex with all other elements working in tandem ESPECIALLY on higher difficulties. Uncharted 4 is anything BUT generic, and no one is taking out the time to analyze its systems and its design, but I pick up on this shit when I'm playing, and I'm smiling the whole way through because it's so fucking impressive, but it's ultimately very subtle.
>>
>/v/ says Uncharted and Last of Us is bad
>never explain why
>>
Single player 5/10

>Too much filler dialogue hallways/linear climbing paths/boring gameplay segments there just for the story i.e. the home chapter.
>Higher difficulties only affect like 25% of the game.
>Story is middle of the road, not amazing but not terrible.

Multiplayer 8/10

>Lots of neat customization.
>Loot chests have been generous (so far).
>Maps are generally fun.
>No more "fuck over the winning team with RNG" system.
>Chloe's ass nerfed.
>>
>>344821553
Muh platformers
>>
>>344816218
I didn't say I like uncharted 4. I'm asking you to name a game to play because you probably have shit taste you """nigger"""
>>
>Playing Multiplayer
>save up 3000 relics for the DLC chest
>get a pistol and booster I will never use
>do it again
>get 2 boosters I will never use
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (18 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
18 KB, 401x401
>>344813121
me and my buddy both fell asleep at 7pm playing it.

that's amazing.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.