[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOU! STOP SCROLLING!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13
File: srgdfsg.jpg (2 MB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
srgdfsg.jpg
2 MB, 4000x4000
TELL ME WHERE YOU THINK BREATH OF THE WILD FALLS IN THE ZELDA TIMELINE.
>>
>>344808637
Yes.

It's out of time, a mish mash of pretty much everything from every other timeline.
>>
>>344808637
i first thought after Twillight princess.
Then i thought after Wind Waker
now im thinking after LbtW
>>
last
clearly
>>
After Skyward Sword. Before The Minish Cap.
>>
>>344808637
I think it's a remake of the original Zelda.
>>
Why do Zelda fags think there series is some epic story?
There's no Zelda timeline unless a game is a direct sequel to another. Nintendo devs don't give a shit about narrative or continuity. You may as well argue over Mario's timeline.
>>
It will be like Hyrule warriors and grab a bunch of characters from all over the timeline.
>>
>>344808637
seeing as they like to fuck with your expectations every game I would say it is a convergence of the 3 timelines since there is monster locations and characters appearing from each of the three timelines.
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>344808950
>Mario's timeline.
oh you do not want to go down that rabbit hole my friend
>>
HW TIMELINE SIR
>>
File: download.jpg (93 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
93 KB, 500x545
>>344808950
>>
>>344808637
>TELL ME WHERE YOU THINK BREATH OF THE WILD FALLS IN THE ZELDA TIMELINE.

It's the last game in the wind waker series: The Deku Tree was successful and the koroks were able to regrow the surface to where it is.
>>
Most likely either sometime after or immediately after Skyward Sword.
Potentially sometime after TP would be cool.
Honestly I really think they should make a new Zelda that has a LOT of references, or is directly related to TP, because of the Twili Realm.
>>
>>344808637
There is no Zelda timeline. Apart from the direct sequels, every game is a complete standalone. No matter what Nintendo says to pander to obnoxious fans, there is no thought out or planned timeline.
>>
File: 1464339184953.jpg (37 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1464339184953.jpg
37 KB, 960x960
>>344809440
This is what my heart wants, but I know it's not this because Hyrule and the Master Sword still exists.

Nintendo is saving this game for a rainy day.
>>
>>344808637
i like the theory that this is Hero of Time link that has been in hibernation after falling to ganon in OoT.
>>
>>344809734
>This is what my heart wants, but I know it's not this because Hyrule and the Master Sword still exists.

I'm basing it on a couple of things:

1. We see the Koroks. That's just the most blatant piece of evidence.

2. There's a general "plateaued" shape of the land in the general breath of the wild hyrule that makes it almost look like as if the earth had been pulled "up". I know that isn't how islands are naturally formed, but this is magic tree business- or maybe the plataues are the trunks of ancient trees.

3. There's a lot of out-of-place pockets of water: In real life these are called "kettles" and they're created from the very bottoms of glaciers melting during the ice age. I can only imagine when the earth was risen using trees maybe they brought with them pockets or indents of water? This one is sketch.

4. There's an item called rock salt and it's item description (DARK SOULS LEL) says that rock salt comes from a dried "sea". Drawing at straws, but still.

5. The Master Sword looks fucking old and rusted- this is the oldest and most worn we've ever seen it. This could be from sitting at the bottom of the ocean for so long or it could be from just sheer age.

These are why I think what I think at any rate.
>>
the most interesting would be a timeline convergence, you have

oot- temple of time, castle courtyard,
tp- bridge of eldin
ww- kokoroks

most likely, its another what if scenario, where ganons wish is granted at the end of wind waker and the great ocean is gone (sea salt item in botw)
>>
>>344810924
then why have "new hyrule" then? they seriously fucked up
>>
>timeline shit
I'm all for it existing and having cohesive consistency and canonocity, but discussion is awful, filled with pendantic semantics, and rehashed.

gimme normal gameplay discussion please
>>
>>344808637
My guess is between OoT and TP

>The Temple of Time and OoT's Castle Town/Hyrule Castle are decayed, but not totally destroyed like in TP yet
>The Temple of Time and the rest of the Great Plateau are surrounded by cliffs and long drops like the Sacred Grove in TP
>A new Hyrule Castle has been built since the one from OoT was destroyed and is far away from the old location and the Temple of Time like in TP
>We know that Kokiri eventually became Korok in the adult timeline, but both are missing entirely in TP. It's possible that BotW will explain how Kokiri became Korok and why they aren't present in TP
>The Korok's goal in WW was to grow forests. We've seen them on the Great Plateau, which would eventually become dense forest
>The game has obvious deep roots with the Sheikah, and Sheikah have deep roots with the Oocca in TP, and there's a flying island that appears to be held up by propellers in BotW much like the home of the Oocca in TP

Only real hole I can think of is that the Calamity Ganon is swarming around Hyrule Castle while Ganondorf should be busy brainwashing Zant in the Twilight Realm.
>>
>>344808637
After Triforce Heroes but before Wand of Gamelon
>>
Sometime shortly after 1984
>>
>>344809523
Every single game was made as a direct sequel or prequel to an already existing game since the very beginning, with the exception of FS/MC/FSA which are the only entries that don't have a good connection to the rest of the series
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 460x345
>>344808637
Ibetween SS and OoT but the tech is from a future after the Twilight Princess timeline and is spilling in through a magic wormhole that some asshole wizard made to fuck everything up
>>
>>344808637
The hero get laid timeline
>>
File: consider the mess.png (297 KB, 838x574) Image search: [Google]
consider the mess.png
297 KB, 838x574
>>344808637
Split timeline. In this timeline, Ganondorf touched the Triforce before the King of Red Lions at the end of Wind Waker and raised Old Hyrule out of the sea, killing most of everyone in the process.
>>
>>344808637
ITS THE NEW BEGINNING OF THE ZELDA TIME LINE!
>>
>>344812695
Is that before or after Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland?
>>
>>344808637
After wind waker. Hopefully.
>>
A whole new parallel timeline where neither Link nor Ganon succeed.

What's the fucking point of a timeline if they split it up in three? It's not a timeLINE anymore, is it?
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 736x646) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 736x646
>>344808637
After TLoZ 2
>>
>>344813786
I like the time tree
>>
literally who cares
Zelda doesn't have a timeline and it is literally all shit inserted later to try make sense of it.
>>
there is no zelda timeline. No zelda games are interconnected with the exception of direct sequels, the hyrule historia timeline was just shitty fanfiction made to appease to nerds
>>
File: 98f.png (641 KB, 600x826) Image search: [Google]
98f.png
641 KB, 600x826
>>344814263
Nintendo made it so it's canon.
>>
>>344808867
>>344809519
>>344813304
Pretty much the only thing absolutely confirmed about the timeline placement is that it's after OoT, because the ruins on the Great Plateau around the Temple of Time almost perfectly match up with the layout of Castle Town and the castle gardens in OoT

>>344813987
see >>344813016 and >>344809315
>>
>Zelda's timeline could have been straightforward
>Then OoT fucked everything up
>>
>>344814424
who cares it's arbitrary fanservice designed to give the zelda universe an artificial level of depth. If they really wanted to expand on it they wouldn't pull a made in heaven every 2nd game.
>>
>>344808637
After alttp and it's sequels and before the orginal LoZ
>>
>>344814594
what >>344813016 said is right, every game was written as a continuation or setup for another game except for the first one and the few he mentioned

nintendo waited too long to confirm it so now everyone shits on it and tries to pretend it wasn't there in the first place
>>
>>344808637
I hope sometime around the first one, maybe after Zelda 2, but I doubt it. I think it will be before Wind Waker.
>>
>Split timeline where Dorf succeeds in restoring hyrule in wind waker.
>BOTW Link is WW Link
>>
I just want it to be fun. timeline stuff is pretty retarded.
>>
File: SUCC.png (396 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
SUCC.png
396 KB, 540x540
>>344815886
that would be fucking hype
>>
>>344808950
>Why do Zelda fags think there series is some epic story?

Because there actually was initially. Prior to WW there was a more or less clear chronology of events and each new game extended that out, while also leaving gaps that remained a mystery. Each set of games developed more and more meticulous world building, backstory and character interactions, so the fans naturally expected there would be some attempt to tie things up and lead the overall story to some meaningful progression. Then things got progressively stupider.
>>
>>344814563
No, it was WW that really fucked everything up with effectively retconning the LttP as imprisoning war and drowning Hyrule.
>>
>>344816169
Everything in this post is on point. There is an epic story, it's been in the manuals and everything from the very start. It just so happens to be stupid.

Don't want to take part in stupid? Nobody forcing you. Just walk away and play as normal. The ties are so subtle anyway that you will never feel forced to take part in the stupid.
>>
>>344814776
But why care so much about the timeline?
Aside from a few references thrown about, the games being "a continuation" of a previous game doesn't matter.
And when the historia dropped, so many timeline fags lost their shit and went full retard trying to say how their interpretation of "lore" was more correct.
>>
>>344808950
This. Just because some babbies browbeat Nintendo into proposing a timeline in supplementary materials without providing any good reasoning or explanation doesn't make it true.

>>344816169
>Clear chronology of events

Bullshit. Look at Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, and Link's Awakening without using that chart and make a compelling case using evidence from the games of how one clearly flows from the next.
>>
>>344816530
Because despite locations and designs completely changing (even between OoT and TP sages, huryle design etc.), timeline hijinx, stuff like twilight realm and lorule appearing then never being mentioned again, people get a kick out of solving a puzzle, looking for clues and feeling clever when it all comes together. This isn't even a jab at the timeline fans, that's just what it is. They enjoy the puzzle and you don't, and thankfully you can play Zelda and enjoy it fully without ever bothering with the timeline. Only downside is you won't find anything but timeline talk in these threads.
>>
File: magic.jpg (39 KB, 564x375) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
39 KB, 564x375
>>344816530
>But why care so much about the timeline?
It is what it is. It's just bullshit when people shit their pants trying to say that none of the games are connected, HH isn't canon, etc.

>Aside from a few references thrown about, the games being "a continuation" of a previous game doesn't matter.
With only a few exceptions the of every game is either heavily influenced by or heavily influences the previous or next game in the timeline.

>And when the historia dropped, so many timeline fags lost their shit and went full retard trying to say how their interpretation of "lore" was more correct.
People are retarded, this isn't news.
>>
>>344817428
>With only a few exceptions the of every game
With only a few exceptions the STORY* of every game
>>
The zelda timeline is made up by fans it was never intended to be a part of the actual lore. Zelda's lore is not deep at all and fanboys are butthurt about it so they make up shit like timelines.
>>
Around TLoZ and AoL.
>>
>>344808637
Wind Waker Ganondorf gets his wish timeline. Even in art Hyrule is slowly returning, but it's still a little cel-shaded.
>>
>>344817253
LttP was created as a prequel of LoZ and OoT was intended as a prequel of that showing the origins of Ganondorf and the imprisoning war. The second game establishes the full Triforce, there begin multiple generations of Zelda and Ganon's ability to be resurrected from ashes.
>>
>>344817428
>With only a few exceptions the of every game is either heavily influenced by or heavily influences the previous or next game in the timeline.
You keep making all these claims but not giving examples. Makes me wonder why I should give a damn about what you have to say.
>>
>>344817253
The first two games are very much tied together and the third one sort of fits. The backstory of ALttP was retconned quite a bit to fit OoT's story in Historia though. There's really no getting around that.
>>
>>344817906
Where does it say that in any of the games? There's no mention of any other Zelda games in OoT, nor are there any hints to establish a timeline, beyond sharing 2 or 3 similarly-named locations.
>>
>>344817975
Fine, I'll spell out the games with relatively inconsequential plots if you want me to so fucking badly.

>TMC only sets up FS and by extension FSA
>In LA Link gets trapped in the Wind Fish's dream but then wakes him up
>ALBW doesn't have much to do with anything except for having a similar overworld to ALttP
>TFH means nothing at all
>>
>>344818084
The first two, yes. You can say those are connected. You can say that OoT, Majora, Wind Waker, and Phantom Hourglass are connected, because there are hints within those games to establish that they occurred in that order. But there is nothing to imply that Link's Awakening occurred in any sort of continuity with Ocarina of Time

>>344818336
So you admit that several of the games in the series don't have a lot to do with any of the others in terms of plot. Ergo, there is no hard continuity to support the notion that there is a timeline connecting all these games. Quid erum demonstrandum.
>>
Ganon has traveled from the distant future, to a past shortly after Skyward Sword.
>>
>>344818529
>But there is nothing to imply that Link's Awakening occurred in any sort of continuity with Ocarina of Time
Yeah, that's what I said. It was retconned to fit. I actually agree with you.
>>
>>344818336
Minish Cap doesn't set up the Four Swords games. Minish Cap actually killed its villain.
>>
>>344818728
I've always felt Minish Cap and Four Swords felt like complete spin-off games even when trying to apply the timeline. They feel as important to the main epic as the CD-i games.
>>
>>344818529
>So you admit that several of the games in the series don't have a lot to do with any of the others in terms of plot. Ergo, there is no hard continuity to support the notion that there is a timeline connecting all these games. Quid erum demonstrandum.
What the fuck is your deal? Those are just the ones where the plot itself isn't very relevant in the grand scheme of things, but things like the ending of OoX and beginning of LA clearly lead into each other, as does the layout of Hyrule in ALBW. In fact, Ganon being present in FSA also connects it to OoT, and with Vaati and the Four Sword there as well connects MC and FS to the rest of the games by extension, which leaves only TFH as an odd one out.
>>
>>344818728
You build the Four Sword in MC. Vaati is resurrected for FS like Ganon has been so many times, and Vaati in FSA is just a puppet for Ganon anyways
>>
>>344808867
>destroyed Temple of Time
>before OoT

My guess is some time in the Failed Hero timeline when Ganon decimated civilization before being sealed away. Link waking up in the Temple of Resurrection is literally OoT Link being resurrected to finish what he began.
>>
>>344818903
MC fits alright in a timeline, but I agree that FS and FSA don't. I don't see how anyone can play FSA and not walk away with the impression that it was just a fun grab bag of things stolen from all the other games without any rhyme or reason. Even HW tries harder to explain itself than FSA does.
>>
File: 1354570256079.jpg (233 KB, 1280x434) Image search: [Google]
1354570256079.jpg
233 KB, 1280x434
>>344808637
Somewhere between I Don't Really Give a Shit and Faces of Evil
>>
I would like to think it takes place in the far future, after oot, wind waker. Ganondorf is slowly being released from his stoned state because there is a growing darkness in the world due to beings from different races worshipping him as a god of both good and bad. Due to the recent calamity they had no where else to turn to. The hero of time and winds have been forgotten, thanks to a thousand years of sabotage to the history books, making ganondorf look like the good guy, and erasing link from existence. Now there's a new link to fill those boots and tights.
>>
I was thinking it probably takes place after Wind Waker when the ocean starts to recede.

But I haven't finished Spirit Tracks so I don't know if it rapes that theory.

If there are any Rito in future teasers that's basically a clincher for me.
>>
>>344819126
FS doesn't resurrect him. It releases him from a sword seal. He was already alive and locked away by the sword. It makes no correlation with the conclusion of MC.
>>
>>344819482
This 100%
Fuck all this timeline bullshittery
>>
At the end of the game, Ganon will be revealed to have fully transformed into Demise. The Sheikah and some leader-type character, Hylia, have gathered the survivors on an island and sent it into the sky with special Sheikah future magic. In the final battle between Ganon and Link, the rest of the surface world is laid to waste. The epic has come full circle, the time-loop is complete.
>>
>>344818218
>There's no mention of any other Zelda games in OoT

The game makes itself out to be LttP prequel, hard. The seven sages, Ganondorf swearing revenge on your descendants, showing Ganon as both a thief and a beast etc.
>>
Era of decline, between LTTP and LOZ 1.

>Master Sword located in the forest away from Hyrule Castle and Temple of Time.

>Link's brown hair color and style/sideburns consistent through that time line.

> "Era of Decline" is in the name.

> Ganon consistent, no Ganondorf post-OoT.
>>
File: 1338763335471.png (151 KB, 370x330) Image search: [Google]
1338763335471.png
151 KB, 370x330
>>344820032
I mean, I think the Zelda timeline is interesting, sure, and I liked how they linked different games to Ocarina of Time back in the day, but fuck all the wankery and bullshit 'theorizing' that led to Nintendo to actually release an official timeline for the rabid fanboys. I don't see what the point of placing games like Zelda 1 & 2 in relation to others was when the games themselves never had any indication of where they should fall. Wanking over BotW's placement pre-release before we know more than just a general outline of the story and world is fucking stupid too.
>>
>>344819935
It's obviously several generations after MC since there's a new Link and Zelda, and while the plot doesn't directly feed from MC into FS it still lines up plausibly with the Four Sword already existing and Vaati already being an eye monster

>>344819667
ST's story is pretty self-contained
>>
I dunno. I never played a Zelda game except for the first game.
>>
>>344819667
Spirit Tracks takes place in a new Hyrule, generations after WW abandoned old Hyrule on the bottom of the sea. It's a new place far far away.

>>344820673
FS was simply never intended to fit into a continuity. It's a mini game, using a recent device for the sake of multiplayer. Inventing a story between the games that both resurrects and thwarts a villain, is more effort than the developers even bothered with.
>>
I think it's either in the downfall timeline and they'll throw bullshit in to explain how Koroks exist ther
or
convergence of all three timelines
my reasoning being that the temple of time from Ocarina of Time is on the plateau whereas it's destroyed in Twilight Princess, with the current theory of Hyrule Castle built over it in Wind Waker.
There is a huge ocean in the downfall timeline also though, as well as no Kokiri, so Koroks could exist in both timelines. Which also means we can someday see Midna in other timelines, where the portal to the Twilight Realm wasn't destroyed
>>
>>344812535
goddammit anon, you had me until that hole you pointed out.
>>
>>344815886
>>344816004
This would explain why there's such an odd cut between Ganondorf's wish and the King interrupting, and Link waking up.

What if the Triforce granted Ganon's wish, but the people never came back down? Something like a Monkey's Paw after-effect.
>>
>>344808637
In your ass, next to your opinion
>>
I actually kinda think theyll place it toward the end of one of the three timelines, no clue which one though
>>
heres my zelda timeline theory in general though:
ever wonder why theres three timelines, instead of just two? I think the third one (fallen hero) has nothing to with time travel in OoT
instead I think that was the timeline of what "originally" happened. some punk kid tried to get all up in ganondorf's shit during OoT, and got easily punk'd by him and then shit turns increasingly to shit through the subsequent sequels with ganon/dorf holding the triforces and causing increasing amounts of carnage leading all the way to the original two zelda games in which all of hyrule is overrun by monsters, everything is in ruins, and the only people still alive have to hide in caves. at some point after that after the original link finally defeats ganon, someone makes a wish upon the triforce for all that carnage to never have happened in the first place, to undo ganons victory right from the outset, which reaches out back in time leading to that little punk kid that is OoT link to be "locked in time" and grow up when he pulls out the master sword like we get to see in Oot and ultimately going on to defeat ganon/dorf, as shown in OoT, leading to the new two (split due to the time travel at the end) timelines. this game might be that last one in the fallen timeline where at the end that wish is being made.
>>
in the trash :^)
>>
Post Wind Waker after the water recedes
>>
>>344824767
According to Nintendo, the downfall line starts the exact same as the adult line, except that Link died in the final battle against Ganondorf. The new sages still seal Ganon away, but Ganon has the whole triforce with him.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.