[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best flashcard to play GBA/DS games on my new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: r4i-sdhc-3ds-core.jpg (17 KB, 189x250) Image search: [Google]
r4i-sdhc-3ds-core.jpg
17 KB, 189x250
What's the best flashcard to play GBA/DS games on my new 3DS XL?

i've heard the R4 is good for DS games, the dstwo good for gba and DS games but way more expensive...
pretty much know those 2
>>
>DS
I have an R4i, it does the job but I don't think it can do CIA forwarding.
>gba
Just inject it
>>
>>344798305
but i'm pretty sure gba games won't work (at least some will)

or is it just copy paste and it's done?
>>
>>344798161
That one in the picture works perfectly Or at least very well for every DS game I've tried.
I've tried a lot of them.

I never did think of putting GBA games on it though, which I really want to do now.
>>
For GBA just install cia ones. Make sure that they have ghosting and brightness fixed though, because otherwise they'll rape your eyes.
>>
>>344798161
get a shark for the memes also theyre great
>>
>>344798923
>I never did think of putting GBA games on it though
because it's a stupid thought since it can't run it
>>
DSTWO is the best you can have.
>>
>>344799150
That's both good and bad to hear.
>>
>>344799195
Also the most expensive one.
>>
>>344798161
I got an R4 for some 20 bucks. It plays just about every DS game I've tried. It also allows for you to throw some third party shit like ebook readers and music players, but I guess you probably have a smart phone that can do those instead.
>>
just wanting to play golden sun 1 and 2 on the 3ds while traveling and play all the pokemons i missed in the DS

maybe it's not worth it a dstwo for those 2 games on gba lmao
>>
>>344798161
i have one of those
will it still work with NDS games if i have the newest update on 3DS?
>>
>>344799685
If those first two are GBA games, then just emulate them on your smartphone.

Golden Sun games are turn based right? so it'll work fine as long as you can get the sound right.

>>344799935
I can confirm that it works on 11.0
Not sure if that's how to write it out though.
>>
>>344798996
Holy shit, that's a thing? I gave up on GBA VC installs a while ago because I thought the 3DS screen was just too shit to do the games justice (MMZ was LITERALLY unplayable).
>>
>R4 cards were 10 YEARS AGO
Help me...
>>
>>344800229
Nah, it was just a major fuckup from nintendo. They can't do virtual console for shit.

http://www.3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-110-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html

Here's a link if you want to retry GBA VC
>>
>>344798161
I have an R4i Gold Plus works good for DS, NES, SNES, GB, GBC. havent tested GBA dunno if possible
>>
>>344798161
3DS has no GBA hardware - it's emulation. The DSTWO has it's own processor which does the GBA emulation, however I think standard 3DS GBA emulation is better than this (as the 3DS is obviously more powerful). I think DSTWO was intended for DSi which didn't have a GBA slot, so through using the DSTWO's cpu it could emulate GBA instead.

Ultimately the best setup is a DS Lite. You got native DS and GBA playback, and no awful filtering (DS games on 3DS look worse due to uneven 1.5x scale).
>>
>>344800484
You can just play DS games on native resolution by holding start. It will look just as good.
>>
>>344800406
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>344800167
can it brick my console?
>>
>>344800406
can you explain how to put those in the r4? or link a tutorial

maybe i'll just have to copy paste them and that's it?
>>
>>344800712
Can what brick your console? Using the chip?
>>
>>344801024
Those shits won't work on R4. R4 can only play .nds files, these are .cia files that are installed in a 3DS with CFW.
>>
>>344800363
>tfw you have an original R4DS with a load of 2gb microSDs
>tfw it STILL works fine to this day and can now be used on my 3DS consoles.

I mean I have a DSTWO for my own use, but if I got family over, it's great for setting up multiplayer and letting them borrow it and stuff.
>>
>>344801917
99% sure the original R4DS does not work in a 3DS
>>
>>344802676
Aaaahahahahaa.
It does when you have a9lh Luma3DS installed and you install the cia from the R4CartLauncher_AnyKernel.rar file:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon%E2%84%A2.416434/

You old R4 owners best get digging those ol' carts up.
>>
>>344802845
>It does when you have a9lh Luma3DS installed

You don't even need that shit. I got mine to work with fucking rxtools and that launcher.
>>
>>344802993
Yeah. This also works.
But not needing to boot up emuNAND constantly to do stuff is handy.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.