[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else trying out Paragon? I never really played a moba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: paragon_iggy_scorch_header.jpg (119 KB, 950x679) Image search: [Google]
paragon_iggy_scorch_header.jpg
119 KB, 950x679
Anyone else trying out Paragon?

I never really played a moba before because I felt the usual control scheme not very intuitive.

Paragon handels kinda like a first person shooter and has, as I read, some unique features to it.

Your "shop" is a deck of cards. You can select your deck at the start of the match and thus determine what your shop sells your for the game.
There are standard decks but you can also build your own with cards that you win by lvling up, completing quests or buying them.

Building a deck is a fun side activity besides fighting.

Another feature are the so called harvesters. You can place them for your team on set points on the map. They gather resources which need to be collected at the harvester. You csn destroy or just steal from enemy harvesters.

It's just that the hero design is kinda lame.
>>
>>344790592
Do you have any idea what a first-person shooter is?
>>
>>344790592
Well I got the founders pack starter whatever free with PS+ so I might give it a go.

I like that for once someone is just embracing the fact that they're just making Dota/LoL in their own way, not spinning it as some whole new thing. A few of the designs are derivative (and at least change the Inhibitor names, cmon) but the map and shit all looks sweet.

How is baalancing?
>>
>>344790592
This is pretty transparent OP. So how much do you make from posting these?
>>
File: 1446215402493.jpg (48 KB, 678x391) Image search: [Google]
1446215402493.jpg
48 KB, 678x391
>>344791174
>FREE
>WITH
>PS+
>>
I'd like to play this but not sure if it's worth getting into, I feel bad if I don't do good in these games is the community as toxic as LOL?
>>
I've played for like 100h and its pretty fun game with boring as fuck champions.

>>344791748
Almost
>>
>>344791172
I meant third
>>344791174
I haven't played long enough to judge balance yet but some heroes are underused

>>344791257
>game gets on ps+
>lots of people get it and want to talk about it
Think before you post
>>344791748
Playing on ps4 and the lack of chat makes in bearable. There are macros like defend left or get this buff
>>
>>344791174
Welll it looks pretty for sure.

Like I said, I like the card mechanic and this whole Orb Prime thing turns into a mini-CTF game which can be really intense.
>>
Go play Smite instead, Paragon is the most boring, lifeless game I think I've ever played. All the champions move like they weigh 400 pounds and the game is imbalanced as fuck. Smite is this game but more balanced, faster, and fun.
>>
>>344793136
Who do you play the most?

Rampage main here
>is suggested as tank
>fuck this, build dmg/atkspeed/crit deck for him
>first thing I do is run to enemy jungler and simply trade with him because my passive keeps me alive
And the butt hurt begins.
Had 3 matches with 10/1 12/1 and 9/2. With his ult you can easily win 2v1s
>>
>>344794031
Can I play it on ps4?
Which smite hero is the most like Paragon's rampage?
Does it has the card system?
>>
>>344794328
Last time i played, Rampage was broken shit
>Can't kill him
>He kills you
>Can't catch him
>He jumps on your face and fucks it
>>
>>344794328
I think this makes me want to try it, the thing I like about LoL is some of the random workable builds you can pull out. Building fulldamage on tanks and shitting on the other team is always so satisfying.
>>
In general, mobas are interesting because they're like PVP RPGs; you explore, grind, shop, equip, and level up in a competitive head-to-head fashion.

I think that's a really unique and clever idea.

On the other hand, that means all mobas necessarily have RPG elements. And RPG elements ruin everything they touch. RPGs are fundamentally games that simulate the act of improving with practice because the actual battle mechanics take no skill.

Now, if that's your thing, cool. But I can tell you with certainty that it is NOT the competitive FPS crowd's thing. So why you would make a game that combines these two ideas is beyond me; the people who enjoy RPG elements are usually those who suck at actual real-time combat and the ones who enjoy actual real-time combat are usually those who get no satisfaction from grinding and unlocking and would rather just load out their set and start shooting.

Who the fuck are FPS-mobas FOR, exactly? Even a well-put-together one sounds like a trainwreck.
>>
>>344795328

I've been playing for a couple of months now. It's pretty fun. Especially for a guy like me who likes RPG's and shooters and never played a moba.

It's actually a pretty nice mix. Hoping they add some new maps though and balancing is a little funky still.
>>
>>344794328
Rampage for sure with similar build. No point in building tank when you can just ult and jump the fuck out or keep outlasting everything. If the team is full of junglers as always, I go tankish iggy
>>
>>344795328
>FPS
It's third person.

And even top-down MOBAs still need mechanical skill, now it's just also an aiming element. The RPG elements also allow for build paths, different strategies and ways you can outplay and outthink an enemy team that isn't just raw reflexes.
>>
>>344790592
I downloaded it but havent tried it yet
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.