[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games make the 3ds worth the $200 investment? Which games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11
File: 3ds-new-red-front.png (176 KB, 415x400) Image search: [Google]
3ds-new-red-front.png
176 KB, 415x400
What games make the 3ds worth the $200 investment? Which games made you think you did the right choice buying this?
>>
>>344780225
For me is only a SMT machine

>worth it
>>
>>344780225

Nintendo exclusives.
>>
Easy to pirate
Lots of good games
You can always just buy a fucking cheap 2DS because 3D is a gimmick
>>
>>344781189
This. Even rockstop has it for $50.
>>
>>344780225
Pokemon for me
>>
>>344781189
>3D is a gimmick
It's a graphics options, not a "gimmick". Mechanics can be a gimmick.
>>
Monster Hunter X and Pokemon X
i end up playing 300 hours of monster hunter and not even 10 of pokemon.
>>
>>344781696

Maybe I'm crazy, but I actually think the 3DS' 3D is the most effective 3DS to date, specially now with the face tracking.

Unlike the shit at the movies you don't need glasses, and sometimes I unconsciously move my head thinking there's more stuff behind the screen borders.

Is the 3DS gimmick shat on because of the old3ds? Or have people just not tried it?
>>
>>344781949

The most effective 3D*

One thing nintendo needs to improve on is their fucking branding. I swear the console names make conversations sound much dumber.
>>
Piracy
>>
>>344781949
The New 3DS' (for fuck's sake) 3D is noticeable superior. I'm quite pleased with it.
>>
i just bought one so i can play DS games
>>
I bought into the hype, ironically from /v/, and I regret it

There've been only a couple good games and it's basically dead at this point. The game I enjoyed most was MM3D which was a remake

Easily the worst Nintendo handheld and I won't be buying another
>>
>>344780225

hundreds of hours in the monster hunter and fire emblem games

sega 3d classics

that was enough to justify the purchase
>>
>>344780225

Mostly RPGs

-SMT
-Pokemans
-Etrian Odyssey
-Xenoblade (if you didn't play it on wii or have a wii version)
-Fire Emblem
-Persona

And there is also stuff like
-Monster Hunter
-Kid Icarus
-Mario games and their spinoffs
-Animal Crossing
-Rune Factory (little bit RPG?)
-Zelda
-Layton
-Kirby

And there is the DS library if you would rather have the portability instead of emulating on pc, though if you have an android device you may be able to emulate on the go anyways.

Pretty good console all in all. Also has a couple handfuls of good indie games on the go, if you don't have them on vita or something else.
>>
>>344780225
Don't buy a 3DS its a pice of shit hardware wise and the games are overrated for the most part.
>>
>>344782361
>dead

>super mistery dungeon
>kirby
>monster hunter
>fire emblem
>SMT
>etrian
>dragon quest
>rhythm heaven
>bravely
>7th dragon
>pokemon
>all this year
Sure thing senpai.
>>
So, I'm still stuck with my OG 3DS, waiting for MHX to release this Friday. Seriously considering purchasing the N3DS XL for a decent upgrade. It's $175 (Around $189 after taxes), is taking the plunge worth it? I feel like upgrading at this point is not wise, seeing how game releases are slowing down now.

Also, red or black? I like both desu.
>>
>>344780225
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Fates
Ocarina of Time 3d
Majoras Mask 3d
Link Between Worlds
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kirby the robot one
Zero Escape VLR
Zero Escape ZTD
Phoenix Wrights
Xeno
Pokemons
Monster Hunters
Some Marios
Fantasy Life
Bravely Default
All SMTs
Etrian Odysseys
Dragon Quests
Rune Factory 4

I could think of others.
>>
>>344780225
Check Metacritic. Their top 3DS games list is accurate.

You're welcome.
>>
Smt and monster hunter.
>>
File: Skyrim Limited Edition 3DS.jpg (93 KB, 338x358) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim Limited Edition 3DS.jpg
93 KB, 338x358
>>344780225
Why wouldn't you want to play Skyrim 3d?
>>
>>344783709
Why would you? For a better processor you won't even notice, 3ds face tracking that doesn't work as well as it should and a 2nd stick that sucks balls?

Xeno is a nice plus, but totally not worth an entire new purchase.
>>
>>344783709

I'm in the same situation as you senpai. I've also got an o3DS XL, but I feel like they won't give me shit if I do a Trade-in, and I'm scared that buying the new console will have the latest firmware.

I think you should do the jump now better than later if you care about hacking. You're right, game releases are slowing down and I'm also scared about that.

Also Red desu black is for edgy teens.
>>
File: 1457557274511.jpg (639 KB, 1200x833) Image search: [Google]
1457557274511.jpg
639 KB, 1200x833
New 3DS > wii U
Sold my Wii U and bought a 3DS just last month, way more support, way more games, and way cheaper, especially if you intend to pirate. The only thing I miss is the Pro Controller for Smash Bros. How's Luigi's Mansion 2 by the way? It and the OoT remake are the only games I haven't bought yet.
>>
Just bought one yesterday for MH.
>>
>>344784249
>Why would you? For a better processor you won't even notice
You will. The OS is much smoother, downloads are defnitely faster and tonnes of games have better performance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p0pI018jQ0
>>
>>344780225
>3DS
>games
Pick one op.
>>
>>344784249
Have you used the new 3ds? That extra cpu power if definitely noticable. Just browsing the OS gives it away.
>>
>>344784597
I've had an o3ds that died due to me plugging it to 220 outlet when I was traveling, and now I have a n3ds.

I couldn't seriously spot the difference. Sure you can see it in a comparison video, but when you are there playing? Feels like nothing.
>>
File: SMD.jpg (590 KB, 1030x1678) Image search: [Google]
SMD.jpg
590 KB, 1030x1678
MH, PMD and Kid Icarus were the big ones for me.
>>
>>344784738
>>344784760
>>
>>344784249
Is the C-Stick that bad? I'm used to the CPP when playing MH4, so hopefully that doesn't end up being too annoying. As for upgrading, I was talking about the larger screen and rounder edges. I'm still on the edge for this one, but thanks for the input anon.

>>344784260
I might just keep my old 3DS and sell it on my own or give it to a friend or family member. I've seen the N3DS XL new for $175 on Amazon and eBay a couple of times now, so I'm wondering if it'll ever go down lower.

And also, if the 3DS is on the path to exit, I'd rather have the improved and newer model to play with. But my budget is not too limited, nor too open, so $175 + $40 for MHX will come out to about $235-40, which is a bit of a dent on my budget. Thanks for your input as well, mang.
>>
>>344784979
>$175
for that hardware, what were they thinking
>>
>>344780225
>Kid Icarus: Uprising
>A Link Between Worlds
>New Leaf
>Fire Emblem
>SMT IV
>Bravely Default
>Sm4sh
>Fantasy Life
>Story of Seasons
>Persona Q
>Stella Glow
>Mario & Luigi
>Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
>Etrian Odyssey
>Luigi's Mansion
>Kirby
>Monster Hunter
>BoxBoy
I dunno, I've enjoyed my time with it.
>>
>>344781949

I liked the 3D with super Mario 3D Land and Zelda but most games have really shitty 3D effect that just feel tacked on and even with the head tracking all it needs is making a quick movement and you lose focus
>>
File: Gooby_car_suspicious.png (42 KB, 386x269) Image search: [Google]
Gooby_car_suspicious.png
42 KB, 386x269
>>344784497
It's good but not as good as the first Luigi's Mansion. OoT 3D is pretty much a straight upgrade, but it doesn't add anything other than boss rush and master quest mode.
>>
>>344784979
Oh, your o3ds is not XL? Well thats an extra plus for your n3ds then.

And yeah, the stick is terrible. It's like a little button that is just fixed in place, you can barely move it, you just push against and it feels terrible.
>>
>>344785157
>>344783909
>>344782950
>>344782601

Thanks for the lists lads, getting my N3DS tommorow
>>
>>344782601
Damn I completely forgot Rune Factory in my list. RF4 is top comfy.
>>
>>344780225

I bought this thing for MH4 and to this day it's still the only game worth something
>>
>>344785216
Ah I see, OoT I don't mind since it's only £20 here, but Luigi's Mansion 2 is still the full £40. Might just wait it out. Got a huge backlog to finish off anyway.
>>
>>344785216
I think OoT 3D is worth it for Master Quest alone since it's so much cheaper than trying to find and buy the disc for a good price.
>>
>>344785131
It's $200, but yeah, they're taking their sweet time on a modest price cut. They've decided to go the Apple way instead of fucking replacing/phasing out the original 3DS for fuck's sake.

>>344785257
Yeah, it's mainly the screen size and c-stick that are luring me in. Gonna ask to try a friend's model to see if it's not too awkward to use, seeing how I've got average sized hands. Thanks again.

>>344785257
>>
File: viridi laugh.png (131 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
viridi laugh.png
131 KB, 384x384
>>344780225
Fire Emblem Awakening
SMTIV
Kid Icarus Uprising
Monster Hunter 4U or Gen

Everything else is a waste of money/time and you should only play them by hacking the 3DS and pirating.
>>
>>344785691
>Monster Hunter 4U or Gen

Is there any significant difference between the two for someone that has never played a monster hunter? I want to buy pic related to get a low software version, but with Gen around the corner it feels like buying a gen 4 pokemon game now.
>>
>>344785260
If you like simulation games and farming
>Harvest Moon A new Beginning
>Story of Seasons
>Rune Factory 4
>Return to PopoLocrois
If you like RPGs:
>SMT games:
Devil survivor overclocked
Devil survivor 2 record breaker
Soul Hackers
IV
IV apocalypse
>Etrian oddysey
IV
Mystery dungeon
And a bunch of DS games are noteworthy too
>Chrono Trigger
>Final Fantasy tactics
>Final fantasy III and IV
and many more
>>
>>344785691
This is lies.
>>
Smash,DKCR,Kid Icarus,Monster Hunter 3,Mario Kart 7 and a few other games....I haven't used it much recently but I got a good amount of use out of it for a while.
>>
>all those lists
>every single one of them looks extremely interesting
Why do I read posts like this >>344784680 in every single 3ds thread? Or posts by people saying they hacked it and now they don't play anything?

The games listed so far interest me more than the stuff I can play on a ps4.
>>
>>344780225

Fire Emblem and Pokemon alone made the 200$ investment worth it.
>>
>>344785691
I can't imagine going back to Awakening after playing Fates, the gameplay and maps are just too shit.
>>
>>344781949
The New 3ds has impressive 3D.
>>
>>344786095
Good thing I'm playing Awakening first then.
>>
>>344786036
PC is the master race anon
If not for shitty coders you would be able to play 3DS in your PC.
Its hardware is similar to a ps1
>>
>>344786154
Does it? The face tracking rarely works well enough to remove ghosting unless you are holding it like you would an o3ds.
>>
>>344786307
>PC is the master race anon

I think most of us in this thread know that, and like the 3DS because it's portable.

PC is cool for playing games at home or tired, but if you're on a plane or bus 3ds is better than mobile.
>>
File: smiling palutena.png (473 KB, 978x816) Image search: [Google]
smiling palutena.png
473 KB, 978x816
>>344785879
Not that much of a difference but I recommend you wait for MHGen, or you can get it right now by pirating the leaked version.
Gen has new cool features that arent in 4U, as well as new monsters and stuff.

>>344786095
I was hyped as fuck for If/Fates but it ended up being a disappointment plotwise.
I fucking loved Awakening to the point that I feel like going back to it, but IF/Fates did the gameplay better, yes. I guess characters too.
>>
File: 9YzOjaK.jpg (246 KB, 1033x380) Image search: [Google]
9YzOjaK.jpg
246 KB, 1033x380
>>344786154
i don't care about 3d but does it still have these horrible horizontal lines with 3d off that you can still see meters away, this is one of the reasons i can't seem to enjoy playing 3ds instead i keep switching between 3d off and 3d on minimal that makes the lines go away but then i have to keep 3ds straight, seriously they fucked up with resolution, man how i wish i got 2ds back in the day instead of 3ds, no way i'm ever buying another revision of it
>>
>>344786515
a laptop would suit me better in such a situation but I see where you're coming from.
Games are games but the 3DS begins this shitty in
>current year
Isn't acceptable.
>>
Can someone explain how the R4 cards work with the N3DS? I had friends that used them in high school for the original DS but I haven't owned a handheld since GBA and wasn't interested in the 3DS until recently.

Can I just put roms on the card or do I have to crack the 3DS?

>>344780225
I'm not really into a lot of the RPGs on the platform but I've researched some games and I've been thinking about picking one up or saving some money and getting a Wii U since I don't have a need for portable gaming.

>elite beat agents, rhythm heaven, puzzle and dragon mario, animal crossing new leaf, rune factory, link between worlds, picross
Probably not worth it but I'd be willing to give some other games a try.
>>
>>344786327
Unless you are trying to hold it in a very awkward position the face tracking works great. At least for me.
>>
>>344785879
Get MH Gen anon. It has the all the latest improvements to the franchise. Plus, you get to fight monsters new and old from all MH games. That, and the online community will be flourishing.
>>
>>344786752
Maybe it doesn't work so great with me because I wear glasses? Does it need calibration by any chance?
>>
>>344786721
no
>>
>>344786597
>I guess characters too
Only Conquest, really. Awakening's entire cast still surpasses the quality of Fates' whole cast.
>>
>>344786836
I wear glasses myself and it works just fine. You can adjust it accordingly to how you want it positioned in the options.

I don't know if there are any eye damages that prevents you from seeing the 3d on the 3ds like there is with regular 3d, but i doubt it.
>>
For me, Resident Evil Revelations and Kid Icarus Uprising. That said, I do think 3DS has dropped off pretty steeply from 2013 onwards.
>>
>>344787420
Sometimes it still feels like I need to find that "sweet spot" by myself. The face tracking helps, but it only does like half the work. If I leave only for the face tracking then it adjusts but some things still have a ghosting effect, even if weak.
>>
>>344782950
>localizations of weeb games that all came out last year
>kirby
>pokemon
Yeah, like I said, dead. Notice how there are no weeb games coming out THIS year? What do you think that *means* for 2017?
>>
>>344788000
SMTIVF, EOV, DQXI, MH Stories, YW3 came out last year?
>>
>>344780225
I don't know. Last month i was wondering if i should buy a 3ds but one of the games i wanted, Bravely default had the same graphics as an RPG od ios/android. Why would i but a handheld if the game has the same or worse graphics than my phone? Anyway i revently bought a 3ds so whatever. Handhelds won't exist next gen
>>
$200? That's cute.
Mine was about $250, retail price is $310.

Don't even ask where I'm from, it's too painful to answer that question.
>>
which versions are hackable? i'm about to pull the trigger amigos.
>>
File: versions.png (224 KB, 2520x1599) Image search: [Google]
versions.png
224 KB, 2520x1599
>>344789487
below 10.5 very easily
>>
>>344789798
any idea which version comes with this one?

https://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Konsole-schwarz/dp/B008DR5DNG/
>>
>>344789967
Since that's not the New 3DS it's probably somewhere between 9.0 en 9.8
>>
>>344790456
thanks familia, i think i'll buy it.
>>
>>344780225
It's my Etrian Odyssey machine.
>>
>>344785879

Don't wanna derail thread, but should I play previous Monster Hunter games on a PSP emulator if I like Souls games? and if so, which on do I pick? The newest one?
>>
>>344780225
Ok so from someone who owns both a Vita and a 3DS here it is

If a game is available on Vita and 3DS, I'm getting the Vita version because the display is much better

That being said, the 3DS is still better due ot the sheer number of titles

Zelda OoC
Zelda MM
Zelda ALBW
Animal Crossing
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Xenoblade Chronicles
Mario Kart
Super Smash Brothers
Fire Emblems
Etrian Odessey
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Pokemon everything
Scribblenauts
etc.

And then you have the ENTIRE DS library on top of that

Honestly I find it impossible to keep up with the system
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.