[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it have any redeeming qualities? Is it worth getting for 20$?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Does it have any redeeming qualities? Is it worth getting for 20$?
>>
>>344775465
No.
>>
If you buy it get the legendary edition for all of the content. Yes I would say it is fun.
>>
>>344775465

Depends on how much you like your money

You seem to own a PS4, which means you don't.

You'll probably find Destiny to be worth them oney.
>>
>>344775465
with no expansions? Hell no. With everything, yep if you have friends and/or willing to play with the general on /vg/
>>
No, if you buy the vanilla game only then all of the content has become worthless for multiplayer which is the only reason to play in the first place.

Never have I seen a game that removed more content with each update in such a short amount of time. The game should have four raids but the only one that actually gives you rewards that aren't a joke even by mid-game standards.
>>
>>344775674
Would be getting the legendary edition for 20$, so it's not that bad.
>>344775729
Do I really require teammates or a group to play? I have nobody to game with on ps4, so that blows.
>>
>>344775978
>Why do I need to work with people in a pseudo mmo
>>
>>344775978
>>>/vg/148178557
>>
It'll be worth buying if it gets released on PC which holds most of the market for Diablogrind games. Otherwise it merely remains wasted potential.
>>
>>344775978
it is only worth playing with others, it's single player content is a joke. Bare in mind that because you didn't play it when it first came out you will pretty much only get to fully enjoy the taken king's content because all of the content from previous updates only has states good enough for level 20 and max level is 40. All raid gear other than the taken king raid gear is worse than uncommon gear you get from random drops. Bungie's costumer service is terrible.
>>
>>344775465
it's a great game. my personal favorite. sure, older things become obsolete to make way for new content, but really the new content is better anyways. most exotic gear moves up to year 2, and will probably move up to year 3. most people don't like this game because grinds, or bungie, but it's no different than wow. just smaller and first person, and guns. don't get the vanilla, if you get it, you'd be a retard to not get the taken king version.
>>
I liked it a lot tbqh. It's not worth any money without all the expansions tho.
>>
>>344776897
It's sad how much this sounds like a bungie shill. The worst part is that I'm 98% sure that you are just some random schmuck
>>
>>344775978
you'll make friends in time. you're on play station right? just find a community
>>
>>344777170
where ever do you get that idea? because I like the game? why don't you fuck off. I bought it for xbox, than again for playstion when I switched over. i can't seem to get tired of the game. stop making assumptions. jackass. you won't make friends that way
>>
>>344777380
Where did I get the idea that you're a random schmuck? Probably because you are just some random schmuck on the internet retard.

First off this isn't an MMO it's a grind fest like Diablo so removing content is unacceptable. King's fall was a great raid when it first came out but going form 3 raids in year 1 to 1 raid in year 2 is an atrocity. Yes, you can still play the old raids but they care a complete waste of time because the rewards are useless. The raids and trails are suppose to be the major end game content and limiting them is just retarded. I had a lot of fun with the game but I also had a clan of 5 friends from the start so that doesn't really mean the game is good, after all everything is fun with good friends.

Year 2 has been such a fucking disappointment it's ridiculous. When the biggest announcements you have for your community are that you're bringing back some weapons that you previously made worthless you have some content problems.
>>
>>344776428
Considering it has 25 million copies sold, Its hard to say that PC holds most of the market.
>>
File: 1370555488430.jpg (149 KB, 687x480) Image search: [Google]
1370555488430.jpg
149 KB, 687x480
the most boring fps I've ever played, even with all the add-ons it's deep as a puddle
>>
>>344775465
>>344775668
This. You basically need the taken king content. The changes add a lot more to the game than base content-- a lot more-- and the character progression is much more evenly balanced.

This means you can get to where you are looking for good gear to increase your level a lot faster without having to do very repetitive patrols and daily grinds.

It is an easy game to get addicted to. Each mission is very well paced and Destiny has some excellent and tense shootouts. I really enjoy the PvE. I can't rate PvP too much, but its fun and entertaining.

>>344775978
I don't play online often, just start sending out friend requests and jumping on fireteams. Any headphone with a mic should work on PS4 (most of them). You only need a mic for raids really (basically required) but for strikes there is matchmaking and you don't need a mic.
>>
game really falls flat once you start capping on light, exotics aren't fun to grind and aren't very fun to use in MP when shitters just use the FOTM garbage that will fuck you up, end game "raids" are a joke and it really just stinks of wasted potential
>>
>>344781871
>exotics aren't fun to grind
Who the fuck does that over just popping a 3oC?
>MP when shitters just use the FOTM garbage that will fuck you up
Whats FOTM right now?
>>
>>344781871
This. And you don't even need to hit 335 light. Anything above 295 gets to be a bit of a bore.
>>
It's fantastic. Feels great to play, is rewarding, but unless you have mates to play with there's no point.

I did for the first 20 hours maybe, but they stopped after that. I played for at least 80 I think, before I sold my xbone. I'd get it again but don't know how much playtime I'd get out of it again.

I have a friend who plays The Division which I'll get when the complete thing is out for like a fiver but Fuck season pass games really.
>>
Single player content is a tedious chore, and the multiplayer is Flavor of the Month quickscope try-hard bullshit.

However it is slightly more deep than The Division, which i find hilarious
>>
>>344784705
>Quickscope
never seen that
>try-hard
baby detected
>>
>>344783068
if you're not farming exotics you're farming coins for the 3oC, farming just isn't a very enjoyable experience in that game because of how easy and repetitive the content is, before you start repeating maps and missions though it's still fun

I haven't played in a while but when I was playing I was hard pressed to find anyone not running MIDA multi tool and some the party crasher or something similar
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.