[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to play this for the first time. Any mods or things I should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ThiefGoldCover.jpg (112 KB, 424x500) Image search: [Google]
ThiefGoldCover.jpg
112 KB, 424x500
About to play this for the first time. Any mods or things I should know before playing?
>>
Make sure you install the TFix for Thief Gold and tafferpatcher for Thief 2.
>>
>>344774683
Grandfather of stealth games, had many variables for gameplay at the time despite technological limits.

GOAT game series desu, 2nd game is probably the best stealth game ever created
>>
>>344774931
>Grandfather of stealth games
You're thinking of Metal Gear.
>>
>>344775121
stealth games not stealth movies (pun intended)
>>
>>344775121
>Metal Gear
>""""""""""stealth""""""""""
>>
>>344775229
Metal Gear has very few ''cutscenes''.

>>344775289
?
It is a stealth game.
Afaik the first of its kind where avoiding the enemy was the normative way of playing the game.
>>
Im saying it right here: Quintus horn mission, Lost City and Cathedral levels BEST levels, fuck you.

Robbing ancient/lost/cursed places is the best feeling ever.
The Sword mission is still close second for me though
>>
>>344774683
if Thief Gold has got widescreen support you're good to go
>>
File: 1450732850193.png (11 KB, 638x495) Image search: [Google]
1450732850193.png
11 KB, 638x495
>>344774683

The harder difficulties add additional objectives to the missions.
Pretty much any nook and cranny in the levels has some goodies hidden there.
Don't hold back on buying stuff between missions, the money you have is not gonna carry over.
>>
Explore everything. Thief 1 + 2 are two of the best games you'll ever play.
>>
>>344774683
Don't be a taffer, i.e. kill people.
>>
>>344776054
>Pretty much any nook and cranny in the levels has some goodies hidden there.
This, the devs were able to make a world you WANT to explore, not because some map marker tells you too, or because a cutscene redirects you to it.
Only game that made me feel similiar was the Dark Messiah of Might and Kickening
I mean shit man, compare the fucking thief 1 trailer to the fucking thief 4 trailer
>>
>>344774847
I find that after installing this patch the game jitters at 57-58 FPS. Is there any way to fix this?
>>
>>344775383
It's an action-adventure stealth game
So basically arcade stealth
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.