[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dawn of War 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 38
Wait so you don't think pic related looks good?
>>
it look like a shovelware kiddy moba game
terrible artstyle, horrible wonky animations, looks worse than dow 2 in every single aspect
>>
>>344773206
Is that an opinion of a jaded /v/irgin?
>>
>>344773254
that's just facts, watch some gameplay
>>
>>344773495
I did, it looks neat. An interesting combination of 1 and 2.
>>
>>344772983
No Guard No Buy.
>>
>>344773556
good for you but i can't stand that awful artstyle and moba pandering
>>
>>344773751
Fair enough.
>>
>>344772983
No, Matt Ward, that was the most retarded idea of all time.
>>
>>344772983
I'll withhold judgement until they get out of pre-alpha

I'm sure they've realized they've made a mistake, with everyone yelling down their throats
>>
File: 1399596542916.jpg (55 KB, 192x279) Image search: [Google]
1399596542916.jpg
55 KB, 192x279
>>344773839
>i'm sure they've realized they've made a mistake
>>
>babby knights

Doomed from the start.
>>
>>344772983
What I've seen looks like shit.
Imperial knights are in it just so GW can sell those new IK models they've been making.
>>
>>344773839
>I'm sure they've realized they've made a mistake, with everyone yelling down their throats
i'm not sure since most of the kids love it judging from yt comments
>>
>>344772983
It's going to be fun when Tau come rolling around.
This game is practically perfect for them with the way it's being shown.

I wonder how it's going to play out?
Someone like Tau would most likely be all about taking a part of the map, camping it out behind a gunline until enough hero points come in and then crush the enemy under the glorious Gundam army.

Still, it could get turtl-ey for all sides involved. As tutrley as resource point based RTS can get, anyway.
>>
>>344773987
Titans would not work with the scale of battles the game is going for. Having a fucking Reaver accompanied by 3 squads of marines and two Predators would look silly.
Knights on the other hand fit very well.
>>
>>344772983
I won't deny I'm a bit put-off by the new Gabriel Angelos. He sounds nothing like how he used to.
GabeyBabes also seems to have developed a bad habit of doing acrobat ninja jumps in the middle of combat, which is also off-putting.

I don't have any opinions on the art-style, it serves its purpose. The UI could do with being a bit more "warhammerish" (see: skulls n shit), and I'm crossing my fingers for a story that isn't shit.

Otherwise, the Imperial Knight is one of the most beautifully detailed and animated RTS units I've ever seen, and I can't wait to use it.

Overall, mixed feelings. I already know it won't capture the magic like Dawn of War 1 did, so I'm not holding it to such high standards. Honestly, I think it's unfair to hold every Warhammer game to DoW1.

When it comes out, I'll buy it, play it, and likely enjoy it for what it is. I'm not expecting to be blown away, but I do expect a good romp through another 40k game.
>>
>>344774192
>Gundam army
Is there anything sacred that weebs don't taint?
>>
>>344774312
I don't know if it makes you feel better but Tau are faggots anyway.
>>
>>344773839
>pre-alpha

That's not pre-alpha (i.e. a game that can't be started up) and they are not going to redo all of their assets simply because you or some idiots online threw a temper tantrum.

Don't like it? Don't buy it and leave them alone.
>>
>>344774275
>so I'm not holding it to such high standards
>I'll buy it, play it, and likely enjoy it for what it is. I'm not expecting to be blown away
Why would you buy a game knowing that you probably won't like it very much?
>>
>>344773206
Never played a single DoW game and I hate MOBA with great passion. This game looks really nice,even made me want to play it.

Also, your criticism is retarded. I dont see anything wrong with the artstyle or animations, and you didn't even explain how it's worse than DOW2 in every single aspect.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 221x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 221x320
>>344772983
>don't think pic related looks good

Well gee whiz, I really wonder why Warhammer players don't like an ad placing a faction not even in the game on the cover, and not any regular faction but the one everybody spent years hating after a major Codex circle jerk around them. On top of that, it features the most retarded model in that codex (arguably the whole game) and spits it out saying "here, Grey Knights ruin everything. Enjoy your shitshow. P.S., fuck you. Sincerely, Matt Ward."

It's a goddamm fucking mystery.
>>
>>344774312
>Is there anything sacred that weebs don't taint?

I'm not a fan of the Tau, anon. That's why I'm pointing it out.
Tau have dropped every last notion of being some super-friendship army long ago.
Kroot and Vespid no longer have a purpose and all the armies are now based around progressively more giant robots.
Heck, they even got a subfaction that can take nothing but Crysis suits and up that can actually do melee.

Then came unbounded rules and every army can bring robots only... and as Tau, only an idiot would bring shit like Hammerheads when you could get much better robots instead.
>>
>>344774702
Also the game looks like a shit-tier MOBA. A real pity since 1 and 2 were some of the best games out there.
>>
>>344774667
>I dont see anything wrong with the artstyle or animations
how old are you?
>>
File: dawn of war.png (3 MB, 1624x2423) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war.png
3 MB, 1624x2423
>>
>>344774582
I've been wrong before. I wasn't expecting XCom Enemy Unknown to be very good and that ended up being one of the best strategy games I've ever played.

And I never said I won't like it very much, I said I'll enjoy it for what it is. What it is isn't Dawn of War 1, and I think to hold it to such a high standard is only setting myself up to be disappointed.

It's why I don't buy into hype-culture anymore. People make upcoming games out to either be the greatest thing ever created (Spore) or absolute trash that never needed to exist (Doom 2016).

I prefer to keep myself middle-of-the-road these days. It means I can enjoy games based on what they give me, rather than what I expected them to give me.
>>
>>344774896
>Those reactions to Winter Assault and Soulstorm
You're a pleb you know that?
>>
>>344774881
26. I watched the E3 gameplay video, I think. Remind me what exactly was bad about the artstyle or animations. I haven't played the first two games, so I have no idea how it compares to them, and no one in this tried bothered to explain why exactly is it worse.
>>
>>344773839
You're way too optimistic. Relic has built up a lot of goodwill over the years, but let's consider:

Company of Heroes: Amazing game, but they themselves didn't really understand what made it so good, and most of the top people on that project left the company shortly after it was released. That's how we wound up with Opposing Fronts, an expansion that adds two armies that encourage the player to play the game in a way that is 100% completely against everything that makes the game good. While PE was sort of tweaked with patches to be less about blobbing, Brits are still 100% AIDS.

Then they released Tales of Valor, a cash grab that added nothing to the game except for broken multiplayer units (Geschutzwagen, Staghound, Kangaroo), and on top of that, they overwrote the codebase of the balance patch they had spent OVER A YEAR playtesting. when Tales of Valor was released, due to their own stunning incompetence and indifference. When they finally bothered to throw in one last pity patch for CoH, they actually made the game worse by removing the shot delay on snipers for reasons no one on earth will ever be able to understand, thus turning any game larger than 1vs1 into a boring shitfest.

Then we got DoW2, which really wasn't a very good game until two expansions in, but at least Retribution was a really good multiplayer expansion, I will give them that. It just took them a while to realize that basic ffeatures from the first game (Overwatch reinforcement) shouldn't have been removed for (??) reasons?

And finally, Company of Heroes 2, a downright bad game that flopped miserably. They spent two years insisting that their stupid garbage blizzard and cold mechanics were good and fun and a revolution for real time strategy games, before finally realizing that they were gay bullshit that made the game even more of an artillery spamming shitfest, and removed them entirely.

I don't think anyone left working at Relic has a brain, or cares.
>>
>>344774896
is this the new banana meme of /v/?
>>
>>344775085
No anon, you are the one who is a pleb.
>>
File: Emprah's Holy Truth.jpg (916 KB, 1658x1535) Image search: [Google]
Emprah's Holy Truth.jpg
916 KB, 1658x1535
>>344774896
>>
>>344775102
>26
yeah right
do you know how good animations should look like?
please somebody post some webms with terminators in them or that one where gabriel angelos is fucking jumping around in a fucking terminator armor acting like a toy story character
>>
>>344775114
And to follow that up, the one single big thing that makes me think this game is going to be awful is that they're removing the cover system.

The one thing that has set Relic games apart for a decade, and that has made them the best RTS studio out there, is the engine they've been using and just how good it makes the tactical play. To throw that all out is insane.

Whoever is in management there now just doesn't understand how CoH2 was a decent success for the studio despite being a bad game full of terrible decisions.

It's the cover system, dummy.
>>
>>344775370
Cover is in DoW3 though
>>
>>344775438
Its irrelevant when the big guns ignore cover saves anyways. Unless you're guard and are using orders, anyways, but that won't be in for another expansion or two.

This is, of course, assuming they're going to try and stick to the TT game as they tried to do with DoW2.
>>
>>344775369
>do you know how good animations should look like?

Not him but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the animation from an animation standpoint.
It even beats most DoW1 stuff by a landslide.

Yes, it is excessive and exaggerated but that's a different kind of problem, not a problem of animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHsj5y8UL8
>>
>>344772983
No, not really.
They seem to be taking the GW approach, dumb it down some more, shove in bigger models.
>>
>>344772983
IWell I dunno why /tg/ hates it because DoW3 looks like most closest to tabletop Warhammer game.
>>
>>344775438
You can build bunkers to garrison your troops in. That's... I don't even know where to start, but that's not what I'm talking about.

CoH's dynamic battlefield cover system is amazing. Understanding where and how to position your troops on the fly and how to leverage that position is one of the crucial skill components of the game, and it's fun and satisfying and makes early game skirmishes in particular very dynamic.

The ability for vehicles and explosives to destroy or create new cover positions is actually something that plays a huge factor in the game, as well. Using a halftrack to knock over a low wall or fence to create a path for your infantry or deny your opponent cover is something that's a really huge part of the game, and adds a lot to it.

They actually sort of tried this before with DoW2, where they removed vehicle wrecks as persistent battlefield cover elements for (???) reasons??? and then after everyone pointed out how stupid this was, they added it back in (this took them about three seconds, since the engine already supported the feature and they already had the models for destroyed vehicles in the game).

Somebody said it the other day, and I'm afraid that he's right: they're dumbing the game down for Comp Stompers who just want to see epic colored lighting effects and numbers go up.
>>
>>344775615
>stick to the TT game
>as they tried to do with DoW2.
>>
>>344775792
English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
>>
its probably for performance reasons

can you imagine a CoH cover system with a knight and 5+ squads of 10 men running around?
>>
File: z_7cb64fdc.jpg (376 KB, 1279x1023) Image search: [Google]
z_7cb64fdc.jpg
376 KB, 1279x1023
>>344775370
>And to follow that up, the one single big thing that makes me think this game is going to be awful is that they're removing the cover system.

The cover system like that doesn't work with many characters and certainly not in DoW1 scale which can easily get ridiculous.
They simply took DoW1 cover and voila.

Yes, I prefer their cover as well but people wanted more units like in Dawn of War 1 and I can respect that.
>>
>>344775698
>t is excessive and exaggerated but that's a different kind of problem
yes that's a calculated desing choice to attract kids and moba players
>>
>>344772983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6m2kGtbDOc
>>
File: WAAAGH.jpg (745 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WAAAGH.jpg
745 KB, 1920x1080
>>344776158
>can you imagine a CoH cover system with a knight and 5+ squads of 10 men running around?
Yes.
>>
I'm carefully optimisitic but as allways, best thing you can do is vote with your wallet. If its shit, don't give them money. No matter how much i wanted dow 3 i will do just that.
>>
looks like shit, dow is dead
>>
File: 3057642-3.jpg (2 MB, 6980x3663) Image search: [Google]
3057642-3.jpg
2 MB, 6980x3663
>>
>>344776181
>yes that's a calculated desing choice to attract kids and moba players

Or retards like you, apparently.
People like you provide them free publicity.

Just look at the animation I've posted in reply to you originally where that space marine does a super jump on the demon's tusk that launches him all the way around to his back.
>>
File: 20150706092448.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20150706092448.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>344776323
vs dow 2 early screenshot
>>
>>344774401
>Don't like it? Don't buy it
Kill yourself.
>>
>>344772983
From what I've seen from the trailer and yes I'm judging it from what we've seen still now it:

>lacks cutting edge RTS graphics that DoW and DoW1 had at their time
>lacks good voice active (they swapped out gabriel angelos because he was busy, but he really sounds like shit, ofc, boreale and diomedes also sounded like shit but everything else was fantastic, we'll seeù
>lacks the gameplay depth of DoW2

Really what I wanted was DoW1 with all the DoW2 improvements, instead I get SC2 with the warhammer IP and none of the polish and yes I guarentee this game will be full of bugs.

t. someone with 1k hours combined in DoW1, 3k in Dow2 and 1k in CoH2.
>>
>>344776764
>People like you provide them free publicity.
like how? the only please where i even mention dow 3 is /v/ threads, I don't bitch on their forums or whatever because it's pointless
>>
>>344774896
I genuinely like DOW 2 more than DOW 1 and their expansions (save dark crusade, but it lacked a proper campaign).

You felt much more involved in the game and every unit death mattered, also the RPG mechanics weren't half bad.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
243 KB, 1920x1080
>>344776768
Snow maps look like shite, anon.
>>
>>344774702
Matt Ward left GW ages ago. His last contribution was the End Times: Khaine section where he made Draigo appear in WHFB.

He didn't write 7th edition GK and that fixed all the shit he included.

The meme is he got death threats so went to join Blizz as a Diablo 4 writer.
>>
File: wallpapers-legend-of-sigmar.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
wallpapers-legend-of-sigmar.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
>>344776883
>I get SC2 with the warhammer IP

You mean Warcraft 4?
Because that is Warhammer + heroes + SC2.
>>
>>344776764
>Just look at the animation I've posted in reply to you originally where that space marine does a super jump on the demon's tusk that launches him all the way around to his back.
when talking about good animations i think about dow 2 not dow 1 plus that animation you posted is still way less goofier than anything from moba of war 3
>>
>>344776179
>not in DoW1 scale

This game is smaller than doW1, count the tact models in the squads of the trailers.

Aside that DoW2 already had units that lorewise would be even bigger than knights, like the great unclear one and they simply crushed over cover.
>>
>>344774881
How old are you?
>>
>>344777401
>is still way less goofier than

Oh no, definitely not with that shitty flaying around that is absolutely a part of the kill animation and not normal attacks.

And I've grabbed the first one I've found, I do remember more awesome (read goofy as all fuck) ones from playing it back in the day.
>>
>>344777513
how new are you?
>>
>>344777576
but that's from a fucking down of war 1 a fucking 2004 game
>>
>>344777585
So you're 9? goddamn, you type well for such a little guy.
>>
This video explains why DoW3 will be shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCIdj4m4iLE

It reminds me when all the downgrade videos of Dark Souls 2 came out and people were denying it would be that bad. It was that bad, DoW3 is going to be bad. The best you can do is ignore its existence.
>>
>>344777005
Imo, both are good for different ways.

DoW1 had a better campaign, I don't really like controlling only 4 units, in DoW2 you also reached a point where your main hero could become so strong he would basically solo missions on the higher difficulties.

DoW1 gameplay was amazing at the it was released, before it I really hadn't played anything like that, DoW2 though has way more tactical depth and is more interesting in the long run, I excepted DoW3 to be a real mix of these 2, instead it looks like SC2 with watered dow CoH basebuilding (which, let's be honest, building 2 to 4 structures in the whole match or not building shit doesn't change anything gameplay wise, if anything it's sightly annoying).
>>
>>344775369
Yeah, I got nothing better to do than to lie on an anonymous board.

The art style looks nice and crispy clean. Refreshing is the best sord to describe it. How do you think an RTS game is supposed to look in 2016? I am an oldfag who hates a lot of the new things but if there's one genre that is in desperate need of renovation that is strategy grenre.

It does have a MOBA look to it, but the artstyle is not what's wrong with MOBA's.

I have no idea who's Gabriel Angelos.
>>
>>344777058
You know this screenshot has toned down tones and bleak snow, unlike vibrant disney sunshine in DOW3 with literal rainbows.
>>
File: 7ymchvomwjwnv6rv5cxkwh.jpg (3 MB, 6980x3924) Image search: [Google]
7ymchvomwjwnv6rv5cxkwh.jpg
3 MB, 6980x3924
>>
>>344777694
thengs
>>
>>344777494
>count the tact models in the squads of the trailers.

Anon, not being able to apply rational thought beyond what's in front of your face is a sign of autism, you should get checked.

Just because they didn't show a gigantic army getting torn apart in an E3 presentation doesn't mean you can't make one.
If anything, looking at the relative ease with which he went through a fuckton of marines in the dem suggest you can make quite the impressive army in a real game.

Look, I don't want to argue like a /b/ idiot and throw insults of autism and whatnot but you are really, really trying too hard to find reason to dislike the game.
>>
File: 1461224591923.jpg (24 KB, 627x325) Image search: [Google]
1461224591923.jpg
24 KB, 627x325
>>344777751
>It does have a MOBA look to it, but the artstyle is not what's wrong with MOBA's.
Not fucking everything should look goddamn crisp, nice and cartoony, especially 40k.
>>
File: grim dark.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2028) Image search: [Google]
grim dark.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2028
I look forward to MLP: 40k.
>>
>>344777751
>How do you think an RTS game is supposed to look in 2016?
I don't talk about starcraft shit but dow game should be at least little more grimdark
>It does have a MOBA look to it
case closed
>I have no idea who's Gabriel Angelos.
baby first dow game, people like you are the part of the problem
>>
>>344777921

This is a bullshot and it looks fucking terrible.

I can't even image how bad it will actually look.
>>
>>344775114
What's wrong with Brits in CoH? I just got the game and they don't seem to be OP
>>
File: dawn of war 3.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war 3.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>344778161
>>
File: walk.gif (20 KB, 580x190) Image search: [Google]
walk.gif
20 KB, 580x190
>>344777691
Animation hasn't changed in forever anon.

A 2004 game has 0 reason to have worse animations than a 2016 one. Everything we have and use nowadays existed and was used even back then.
>>
>>344778161

>It's the diablo 3 rainbow hate wagon again
>>
>the knight is over heated

>so now the missles have an extra effect

FUCK
U
C
K

OFF
F
F
>>
>>344778204
The bad part is that there were people who defended this by saying it was supposed to be photoshoped mockup and not actual screenshot.
>>
>>344778075
Yes, it makes complete sense to NOT show the true scale of your game at E3 especially when everyone wanted a big scale from your game.

They number of units in each squad is totally a placeholder because this is a pre-alpha, then because it will be an alpha. guys it's only a beta it's a placeholder!

Considering you also don't know what autism actually is, you can keep your stupidy for yourself.
>>
File: Dawn of War 3 screenshot.jpg (511 KB, 1258x768) Image search: [Google]
Dawn of War 3 screenshot.jpg
511 KB, 1258x768
>>344778289
>>
File: teate-the-rainbxo.jpg (78 KB, 851x681) Image search: [Google]
teate-the-rainbxo.jpg
78 KB, 851x681
>>344778161
Those are Eldar you chucklefuck.
Rainbows up your ass, the army.
>>
File: dawn_of_war_3_-_gameplay_eldar.png (717 KB, 1279x672) Image search: [Google]
dawn_of_war_3_-_gameplay_eldar.png
717 KB, 1279x672
I can't believe how fucking good in terms of atmosphere dow 3 cgi trailer looked like and how much shit the actual game look like in comparison
the mass disappointment on /v/ when they showed first screenshots after that glorious first trailer was legitimately sad
>>
>>344778218
>I just got the game
lol

Look for forum posts on coh2.org around the release date of brits, yes that place if full of retards but doing so it will give you a good understanting of what mess they were.

And you know what, the brit release wasn't as half bad or messy as the western front armies one.
>>
>>344778629
And there were Eldar in DoW1 and DoW2 which didn't do that. Stop using fucking ancient codex cover art as an excuse for this shit.
>>
>>344778296
>A 2004 game has 0 reason to have worse animations than a 2016 one. Everything we have and use nowadays existed and was used even back then.
lol
>>
>>344773751
how is dawn of war 3 more like a moba than dawn of war 1 or 2?
>>
>>344778484
>They number of units in each squad is totally a placeholder

I wasn't talking about the anomtof units per squad, I was talking about being able to make fucking more of those squads you mouth breathing, pony fucking, jew loving, trap hating, tumblr browsing, OC drawing faggot.
>>
>>344778640
The DoW3 trailer is graphically amazing that's true, howerver it's completely nonsensical and it shows it was made by an external source that only read that there are piles of bodies and nothing else in 40k.
>>
>>344772983
Ugh, fucking grey knight babies.
>>
>>344778791
lurk more retard, i'm not going to explain this shit all over again
>>
>>344778750
>And there were Eldar in DoW1 and DoW2 which didn't do that.

But it's what they should be doing according to lore and even real life if you consider what they're actually shooting from those things.
>>
File: 1298298949499.jpg (183 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1298298949499.jpg
183 KB, 800x800
>Gaben Angelos doing 360 noscope flips in Tartaros or Cataphractii termie armour that was most likely "gifted" to him
Not sure what to think right now
>>
>>344778830

Then you are a fucking moron that doesn't know how to fucking read, I have always referred to the squad sizes being smaller than DoW1 and the number of squads you control in dow1/dow2 is actually only sightly smaller there's no reason to believe you'll be able to control 15 squads of 8 models in DoW3 instead of controlling 10 squads of 10 models in dow1. (And just because you are a complete retard I'm talking specifically of Space marine squad sizes).
>>
File: 1454788432808.jpg (11 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
1454788432808.jpg
11 KB, 248x203
I really want to trust Relic enough to buy at retail price, but there are big red warning signs all over this.
Anyone have a good RTS recommendation from the last 5 years?
>>
>>344778923
:^) kill urself my man
>>
>>344778851
> it's completely nonsensical and it shows it was made by an external source that only read that there are piles of bodies and nothing else in 40k.

It's abstract you fucking retard. The bodies obviously represent Khorne's throne of skulls.
>>
File: 566484787.png (1 MB, 1240x712) Image search: [Google]
566484787.png
1 MB, 1240x712
>Grey Knights

MATT WAARRRRRRRDDDDD
>>
>>344772983
fucking DoW1 cucks got their way and now we have useless base building Starcraft 2 clone bullshit
wish they'd have all just fucked off to Cities Skylines or Anno or something to do their autistic building but no they really felt the need to ruin this shit for us
>>
>>344779114
Oh yes, space marines charging at random is an abstract meaning, so are orks coming out the emperor statue and random eldar popping up there.

I would believe the 2deep4u meaning if it was chaos daemons coming out the emperor or other stuff like that, as it stands it is simply nonsensical shit that looked cool.

Nothing wrong with that since relic outsources their CGI trailers anyway, but it's no way a good DoW trailer, the DoW1 was better.
>>
>>344779535
>2deep4u
It's not deep at all, it's really very shallow, yet somehow it still eludes you.
>>
>>344779101
I like Act of Agression
>>
>>344779535
>relic outsources their CGI trailers
see now I thought that they did this for DoW1/2 and many other game companies do this. Thats why you never judge a game from a CGI trailer because its all bullshit with almost no relevance to the game
>>
>>344779014
Yes but it wasn't this fucking sparkly.

The fact that Space Marine bases are essentially Terran buildings and don't even try to fit the lore (like DoW1 did) plus fluff rape has made me dislike anything about the game.

>>344779313
>it's a /v/ tertiary fan says something he read and repeats because he tries to prove he's not a peripheral fan

Just stop. I know you read the 1d4chan article on Matt Ward, but stop talking about shit you get from underage memers.
>>
File: Um_m3_terminator.jpg (18 KB, 250x266) Image search: [Google]
Um_m3_terminator.jpg
18 KB, 250x266
Anyone know if the Terminator armor values bug was fixed in vanilla DOW 2?

Feel like replaying but that shit always made me stop playing
>>
>>344772983
It looks like utter dogshit visually, the cover system is beyond retarded and the new voice actor for Angelos is shit as well.

Nothing shown so far has been exciting about this piece of shit.
>>
>>344779973

>/v/ tertiary fan
>muh 1d4chan

kys familam.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 278x181
>you have to capture cover, guys

>it's strategy!
>>
All I want is epic scale Dow with tanks, titans and hordes of troops
Is that to much to fucking ask?
>>
>>344779101
Why does trust have to be a factor? Wait til it comes out, see if it's shit or not, decide then.
>>
>>344780240
too bad enjoy your fantasy trash instead of a proper 40K Total War
>>
>>344780193
The cover capturing mechanic is especially shit, since it promotes turtling.
>>
>>344777060
Oh so that's why End Times was no terrible and grimdark, because Ward was tainting it with the immature 40k influence.
>>
>>344777748
Basebuilding was always really pointless for Space Marines, it might be as well replaced with tech tiers like in DoW2.
IG and Orks were the only good bases in DoW1.
>>
>>344780629
DoW2 also removed almost all research and any semblance of a tech tree. The worst kind of streamlining for me.
>>
>>344775873
>they're dumbing the game down for Comp Stompers who just want to see epic colored lighting effects and numbers go up.

Comp Stomp has literally been the last people who actually give a shit about "traditional RTS" games anymore.

Everyone who actually plays these Relic games and the games in the same fashion like Men of War and Wargame in any kind of competitive fashion knows that traditional RTS died for a fucking reason: playing it in a competitive environment fucking sucks ass. The only people who really miss RTS games never really played them to begin with.
>>
>>344776768
Wow it's almost like 40k is a skirmish-level tabletop game or something.
>>
>>344780185
That's not an argument. My whole point was you read 1d4chan and think you have an understanding of it. Let me guess, you think Grey Knights slaughtered SoB for no reason and wore their heads as hats?

Pathetic.

>>344780537
No. He did one book. Which was Khaine. The other books were grimderp. Tyrions daughter being sacrificed for a blood ritual to bring back Nagash, his best friends being killed or turned into a Vampire and then finally finding out that his brother made this all possible. Going mad and murdering millions of people. Slann sacrificing themselves even though they knew the result just to give the Encarnate's a chance of winning. Sigmar telling Archaon he could have defeated Chaos once and for all had he just stayed true to fight Chaos. Skaven being evil genius's despite getting owned by Lizardmen.

It wasn't great, but the Skaven and Lizardmen were what I wanted.
>>
>>344775341
This is the most true
>>
>>344773839
he fell for pre alpha dev bait meme

hahhahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>344775698
Yeah but thats a space marine in normal armor. Its common for spesh mehrenes to do stuff like that in MKVII armor. Terminator armor on the other hand would prevent the space marine from jumping and extremely limit running.
>>
>>344781341
I still reserve right to be mad. Not even just End Times but how terribly GW mismanaged both the game and the lore.

The last thing I needed were the kind of people who are attracted to Chaos Space Marines being attracted to FB for the edge and grimdark.
>>
>>344774582
Not being blown away =/= not enjoyable

If you're that jaded that it's either 11/10 or trash then I feel sorry for you
>>
Do I need to play the previous dawn of War Games before playing this one or can I just watch them on YouTube?
>>
>>344779101

Wargame Red Dragon is pretty fun if you haven't played it. Although it's closer to a RTT game than a RTS.
>>
>>344780782
Most of the research was rather boring in DoW1.
Just plus damage and armor with some more interesting ones like path change for Tau.
>>
>>344782227
You should play them either way because they're just good games.
>>
>>344772983
looks like shit and not only the terrible graphics, the gameplay is horrible
>>
>>344782227

I recommend you play them. They're breddy gud.
>>
>>344774667
>Never played a single DoW game

then shut your mouth billy, nobody care about your opinion if you dont even know what dawn of war is
>>
>>344772983
I liked the trailer
>>
>>344782749

Most people did. Well, a few got all bum frustrated that the Marines were a bit skinnier than usual but most liked it. It's the game itself everyones concerned about.
>>
con someone explain to me how this game is moba-ish? ive heard complaints about it before but no one has explained it to me
>>
>>344774192
>all about taking a part of the map, camping it out behind a gunline
You realize the doctrine of the tau army is high mobility, high firepower, right? IG should be turtles, not tau. Tau is high speed and low drag, utilizing the mobility of the exosuits to bring heavy firepower to bear anywhere its needed.
Mont'ka and Kauyon, gue'vesa.
>>
>>344783071
emphasis on Heroes

the only gameplay trailer was about HERO HERO HERO HERO HERO HERO
>>
File: 99120113036_StormSurge1360.jpg (205 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120113036_StormSurge1360.jpg
205 KB, 600x620
>>344783128
>You realize the doctrine of the tau army is high mobility, high firepower, right?

Used to be, grandpa.
>>
>>344783248
that doesnt make it moba-ish to me. it makes sense that the focus is on gabriel, hes a main character, plus as chapter master he has all of the best equipment so hes bound to be ultra powerful.
>>
>>344783348
>>
>>344783071

It mostly stems from the fact that Relic have said (to PC Gamer) that, on the subject of elite units "Relic have said that Elite units will be worked in by being selected beforehand, and they're considering MOBA-style picking, but haven't worked out the details yet."

http://www.pcgamesn.com/dawn-of-war-3/dawn-of-war-3-release-date
>>
>>344779032
Books and RPGs have space marines doing crazier shit.
>>
>>344783474
gabriel is only one hero expect many more for each faction and some will be probaly dlcs like LOL
>>
>>344773751
>>344778923
>huge battles
>squads
>larger units like titans and knights
>base building is back
>hurr moba
Maybe you should ventilate your skull with a bullet, son.
>>
>>344783565

>Books

CS Gotos legendarily awful and lore raping books, which are mocked by most, if not all, fans are the only ones where I know that this has happened
>>
>>344783727
>huge battles with 4 man squads
>>
>>344783789
You realize there's more people writing 40k stuff than just Goto, right?

I don't think that guy was only talking about the Dawn of War books.
>>
>>344776179
Ultimate Apocalipsys isn't the base game anon
even if is the best
>>
>>344783494
Its more like WC3 than MOBAs but nobody knows what WC3 is anymore.
>>
>>344783494
huh. im really not sure how they can work moba style anything into 40k, but we;ll see where it goes i guess.

you know, maybe it wont be so bad. i mean, maybe itll be a combo of DOW1 and DOW2 in terms of gameplay. the grand armies and bases of DOW1, and then you can pick 2-4 heroes that you can spawn in later, like the hero select of DOW2. i think it could work.
>>
>>344783915

Of course I fucking do and I have read several. I have yet to encounter Terminators jumping around.
>>
>>344783912
>shitposting
>untruths
Pick two
>>
File: Fortress Monestary.jpg (284 KB, 1920x894) Image search: [Google]
Fortress Monestary.jpg
284 KB, 1920x894
>>344783978

I hope it turns out well too. It's mostly the art style that bothers me. But even if it doesnt, I have DoW1, 2, their expansions, Gothic Armada, Space Marine and, hopefully, Deathwing for my 40k vidya needs.
>>
File: BeavisIUnderstandYour.gif (469 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
BeavisIUnderstandYour.gif
469 KB, 500x375
>>344772983
The E3 level they showed was really babby RTS tier.

But it might be good if it fully embraces the more arcadey direction. Though it does look a lot like focus group tested "put in some LoL in there, the kids'll love it!", which is worrying.
If it tries to have heroes but retains the floaty controls then nobody is going to like it. Take notes from Warcraft 3.

I'm not that worried about the graphics. Yes it's Blizzard esque as hell but as long as the voice acting is as good as before then I'm fine with it.
>>
>>344784071
have you even seen the video of the game play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEQM9sbQ4fk
4 to 5 man fire teams.
>huge battles
>>
>>344784491
Pretty much, actually BFG nailed both the looks and the atmosphere, I wish a future where they make another game but with more money at disposal.
>>
>>344777005
this is bait
>>
File: modernrelic.png (141 KB, 1897x1027) Image search: [Google]
modernrelic.png
141 KB, 1897x1027
>>344784642
>tfw we will never have supreme commander 40k because the relic diversity team doesn't allow competent devs in their ranks
>>
File: LORD ADMIRAL.jpg (98 KB, 1278x599) Image search: [Google]
LORD ADMIRAL.jpg
98 KB, 1278x599
>>344784790

BFGs cutscenes were the shit.

>TREMBLE BEFORE THE MAJESTY OF THE EMPEROR, FOR WE ALL WALK IN HIS IMMORTAL SHADOW
>>
When will people stop pretending that vanilla DoW 1 was some sort of uber massive clash of armies and that any micro wasn't due specifically to shit pathing?
>>
>>344773556
It looks like they tried combining 1 and 2 but added goofy animations, starcraft-esque art style and thought that tripling the particle effects was a good idea
>>
>>344781391
>>344775341
THIS
>>
>>344784491
the art doesnt look too bad to me. keep in mind all weve seen is pre-alpha. i bet itll look much better than 1 or 2 by release.
>>
>>344785017
I love those, damn I'm sure they are cheap to make but at the same time they are perfect, both in the artstyle and the dialogue, the fact that they seem simple but gothic enough also feels something the imperium would make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubNqUyf0op0
>>
Any word on persistent corpses?
>>
>>344773254
>Is that an opinion of a jaded /v/irgin?
More like normie who doesn't spend his entire day on Chinese cartoon forums, there is no way I am not going to buy this but I can see why people would think 'lel moba shit' when looking at gameplay videos/screenshots.
>>
>>344785016
man it hurts.
>>
>>344785074
Because most people here are compstomper that go HURRDURR A-MOVE MY WHOLE ARMY SO FUN, that's exactly the audience dow3 wants.
>>
>>344785198

It's not just the art, the voice acting was good too. Not as many quotable lines as DoW but still. To go back that scene with the astropath, around 20:20, the joy in his voice is just great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INPgubrPpZg
>>
>>344775202

It's been a while since you've had a chance to post that bait again isn't it?
>>
>/v/ hates rts like DoW1 and Starcraft now

What the fuck happened
>>
>>344785198
>>344785782
It ain't a proper 40k game without good VA.
>>
>>344785960
basebuilding now equals gook clickfest
>>
>>344786021
Basebuilding has always been a gook click fest.

Koreans have held champion seat on that since the original starcraft
>>
>>344785979
>English voice acting
>Good
No.
>>
>>344785960
No, it's just DoW2 haters highly overestimating the importance of base building in DoW1. It had no real impact, there was no strategy to it, unlike in actual RTS like Starcraft or Sup Com.

If you're gonna do base building, don't half ass it like DoW1 did. But looks like they're doing it anyway, and a much worse job at that.
>>
>>344786205
>i'm a genius strategist
>i only lose because they click faster than me, i'm smarter than them
>>
>>344786205
found the guy that never played sup com
>>
>>344786559
Probably not, my current experience with rts is SoaSE and Stellaris
>>
>>344786417
Yea, deciding a build order or trying to deny enemy tech with proper harrasment had 0 strategic thought behind it. I like dow 2 but its literally 'oh enemy did this unit, i need a counter for it. Am i right tech tier? do i have enough rec/power? Yup, gonna build it" And in dow you could go builds that were high risk high reward or play safe. In dow 2 only thing you can do is gen bash.
>>
>>344783128
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't high mobility high firepower the doctrine for Mont'ka?

I remember Kauyon being more of bait and ambush but I may be wrong.
>>
File: 1344185560650.jpg (12 KB, 218x263) Image search: [Google]
1344185560650.jpg
12 KB, 218x263
>>344777921
>that fucking rainbow
This must be fucking on purpose, they're trying to piss off people who raged about that one in diablo3 by putting it in ironically or something, I don't know
>>
File: 1329236066183.png (52 KB, 836x721) Image search: [Google]
1329236066183.png
52 KB, 836x721
>>344772983
I'm pretty sure i've seen that shoulder pauldron pic of the Emprah on /tg/ long before this game was even thought of....

Also no Sororitas no buy.
>>
>>344786785
>dow1
>build orders
lol
>>
>>344786920
Here comes dat compstomper.
>>
>>344786680
they why are you talking like you know what youre on about
>>
>>344786785
That's not how dow2 works senpai, most of the counters you can field are what you would define soft counters in another RTS a good example are lascannons, static, slow opponent vehicles, do no damage to infantry, one would think oh yeah this is a good hard counter to walkers, well wrong because most walkers can walk around the firing range or field ranged weapons that kill the lascannon before it can fire a second/third shot, that game is much more complex than just lol he built Y let me get X.
>>
>>344774192
REMOVE TAU
>>
>>344786920
Nigger, I don't do that competitive shit but even I know that every RTS has proper fucking build orders.
>>
>>344787089
Im talking about accessability and risk taking regarding building those units. You can't deny your enemy certain tech or units in anyway other than gen bash. Or you can't scout his base to know what he is going for.
>>
>>344786817
Mont'ka is the killing blow, Kauyon the patient hunter. You use both in tandem to crush your enemies before they have the opportunity to seriously retaliate.

Kauyon is about luring your opponent into ambushes using fast, stealth troops then spiriting away before they have the chance to fight back with serious reinforcements. Mont'ka is when your enemy is weak enough from being picked apart by stealth attacks you crush them in one fell swoop. Shell them heavily then have suits stomp down, assassinate/destroy high value targets, then let fire warriors ruin any further resistance.

There is almost never any tau strategy revolving around just waiting for the enemy to come to you. They use active bait and high speed.
>>
>>344787013
go ahead then, give us your competitively viable dawn of war build order strats
>>
>>344787235
I was not much of a competetive player but i remember chaos for instance. heavy bolter rush or fast t4 was very popular and the build order for that was very risky and pretty much insta lose if correctly shut down. There is no such thing in dow 2.
>>
>>344773836
He's why DoW3 looks like DoW1 but with the camera extra zoomed in?

It would look better if the units had DoW1 levels of animations.
I also remember the horrors of DoW2 imbalance. The balance is shit and tyranids are not supposed to be a ranged faction. Yet their range is superior to all factions, even in Elite mod.

There are only 3 factions so Relic can't mess this up right?
>>
>People complaining about dow3 aesthetics
>Not complaining that they haven't made a wh40k total war yet

It's like you guys hate grand strategy
>>
>>344787229
You can by knowing what hero they are, certain opening builds up to t2 only work with certain heroes, for example a WSE can get away with only fielding 2-3 units in T1 a farseer instead will have to go either 1 1 1 1 or 2 DA,shees,into rangers or shuri or double shuri.

You can also anticipate their purchasing basing on your own stuff, because beating your X units requires a certain composition you can think of their optimal composition to beat yours and play ahead to counter that.

Bashing at critical times also isn't just denying, it's a game ending move at high level of play.
>>
>>344787086
Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a shitposting thread
>>
>>344787565
total war 40k would suck, sup com 40k however would be great.
>>
>>344775341
Fucking dammit.

I wanted to post this.
>>
>>344787565
>40k Total war
God damn, that would be shit, shut up
>>
>>344787726
It worked with wh fantasy
>>
>>344787547
Those tactics existed but changed every patch.
I remember when they made Cultists spam fukin OP as hell.
>>
>>344787234
Ah, that makes sense.

Probably been watching too many tau tabletop games where they camp a corner and kill half an army on turn 1.
>>
File: Dark Elf Turn 1 Whole Table.jpg (372 KB, 1600x912) Image search: [Google]
Dark Elf Turn 1 Whole Table.jpg
372 KB, 1600x912
>>344787876
fantasy literally played like total war in the TT, your units would move with formations into the enemy and clash, 40k can play like that if you are IG, nids or orks, but the rest of the factions tend to be hit & run, deep strikers etc, it works way better in an environment where each squadron is independent from the main body.
>>
>>344787876
Fantasy tabletop is literally formations maneuvering around. 40k tabletop is about squad styled tactics with loose/no formations and individually customized units.
>>
>>344788252
>>344788140
So it doesn't work in grand strategy, barely works in the standard rts format. Maybe they should try TBS style ala HoMM
>>
>>344774192
Are they adding every faction? I want my necrons and dark eldar.
>>
>>344785016
what they dont tell you about stanly park is if you go there past 12 the gays will beat you to death for invading their orgy hot spot
>>
>>344789315
what if you want to join the orgy
>>
>>344789493
It's a private orgy, invite only.
>>
>>344789743
god i hate faggots and their sekrit club orgies
>>
>>344789743
>>344789493
i wouldnt know
>>
>>344787556
Elite mod balance is fucking stellar.
Yes, ranged Nids are kind of retarded, but not from a gameplay perspective.
Hell, tabletop had the same issue... probably still has.
>>
>>344787556
>There are only 3 factions so Relic can't mess this up right?

Someone hasn't played coh2 and that game released with only 2 factions.
>>
>>344786364
>he is a weeb
>he dicksuck his irradiated slant eye brethren mindlessly
>he knows that a jap game can't even reach the Emperor blessed VA of Relic games.
>but no, he decides to waste his bandwidth in making shit encrusted post.

The gameplay trailer is 6/10, at least you can control more than 7 squad now. Would wait for further gameplay info.
>>
File: dreadknight.jpg (73 KB, 873x771) Image search: [Google]
dreadknight.jpg
73 KB, 873x771
That fucking matt ward baby carrier design
>>
>>344790650
CoH1 also released with 2 factions
>>
>>344785074
I was thinking the same thing, even orks couldn't get a fuckhuge army because of the double cap.
>>
File: 1462286944886.jpg (227 KB, 810x986) Image search: [Google]
1462286944886.jpg
227 KB, 810x986
>>344785340
Alright, is there any middle ground between a-move, and microing like in first Starcraft? Any examples?
>>
>>344774095
All the gameplay videos have 1/3 dislikes, that's a good portion of people that clearly aren't happy. And the game isn't popular enough to warrant a dislike bomb like normalfags did for the new CoD, so this is squarely on Relic.
>>
>>344795905
SupCom. You can micro your units to VASTLY increase their effectiveness and efficiency by dodging shots but it will detract from your macro and its not particularly possible as armies get larger.
>>
Scale isn't big enough. Dunno why we can't get a Total War-scale 40k game
>>
I know that Space Marines are apparently pretty agile according to the books, but I feel like they should really leave the flippin and dippin to the Eldar.
Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.