[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game scratched a LOT of itches like you'd never understand.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 2014-11-22-Sunset.png (491 KB, 396x540) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-22-Sunset.png
491 KB, 396x540
This game scratched a LOT of itches like you'd never understand. I've been waiting so long for a punk, Tony Hawk kind of game, and it's that plus a tower defense, and Infamous clone, holy fuck why is this game so based?!
>>
I really don't think the trap system was really needed. I like the Night Defense stuff though.

This game could've been great if it had New Game+ and at least a decent photo mode.

Still, it's a pretty good game. A solid 8.
>>
Ps4 port when
>>
>>344773004
one thing I did love was all the amps and overdrives, but the traps were a bit too much

also TNTeddys are the best weapon ever
>>
File: Sunset Overdrive (6).png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sunset Overdrive (6).png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>344773004
I thought the traps were fine but I agree you didn't really need them, especially when you've got the helicopter gun and the hairspray launcher.

Agree completely on NG+ and photo mode though, so many games should really have photo mode.
>>
I really like the games weird Tekkonkinreet / 90s Nickelodeon aesthetic too
>>
I really want them to get to make a sequel of some sort to this eventually. I was expecting to enjoy Sunset but instead I fucking loved it.
>>
Fuck this game until is out on PC, not gonna buy that dead console just to play it.
>>
I did find it funny that the token loser character in the game talks about checking reddit at one point
>>
Remember when they said this would save the xbone? And Titan fall? And master chief collection? Yeah..
>>
>>344775934
>Save the Xbox One

This was a launch game you absolute fucking retard.
>>
game was pretty fun, the writing is really fucking bad
>>
>>344777387
I had alot of scenes make me laugh my ass off though. Like the leeches and cough syrup bit, and the giant Fizzie Balloon fight.

Also I love all the different animations when you return from dying
>>
>>344777387
Disagree, wasn't bad was just campy as shit and on the nose about everything. That doesn't mean every joke/stupid parody landed but personally a hell of a lot of them did.

The writing/4th wall breaking stuff all fit the tone they were going for to a t.
>>
>>344777387
This. The game has so much potential for a sequel if they improve the writing.
>>
>>344772745
This was one of the first games I bought with my Xbone, and I still haven't finished it yet.
The OST is great and the grinding is fun, but the weapons and missions are so boring and the writing was very hit or miss.
>>
>>344778340
>the weapons and missions are so boring
>A weapon that shoots burning bowling balls
>Teddy bears filled with TNT
>Vinyl Record launcher
>Hairspray gun
>Mission where you have to climb a radio tower to fight a huge mascot balloon that yells profanity at you
>Mission where you have to protect hardcore LARPers while a bard plays calm music
>running around in your underwear covered in leeches during a cough syrup tripout
>Saving a paraplegic Scout master from a garbage truck

>boring
>>
>>344778989
Ok let me rephrase that
"Boring to use"
The only weapons I ever used was the Dirty harry and the rocket launcher. I hated the record gun, it felt so useless and I don't think I got far enough to get another gun since I used all the collectable items on maps.

>Mission where you have to climb a radio tower to fight a huge mascot balloon that yells profanity at you
That was like the only mission I liked and the very next mission was the worse in the game with flying that fucking airplane. Stopped playing right after that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.