[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ALBW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 1463289524017.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463289524017.jpg
528 KB, 1920x1080
Thoughts?
>>
good
>>
it's fun
>>
File: zelda lttp remake.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zelda lttp remake.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
shitty remake and worse than LTTP in every way
>>
Way too easy, but a great introduction into 2D zelda for the younger generation.
>>
I want Hilda to paint my cock purple with her lips.
>>
>>344771061
>remake
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>344771061
kys yourself
>>
>>344771061
wew laddie
>>
>>344770870
Fun game although difficulty could have been better balanced.

It'd be great if they could make another like it except with a new map and harder.
>>
It's really good but imbalanced as fuck. Each dungeon is made to be your first so once you are past the second you are overpowered for the rest of the game.
>>
>>344770870
better than ALttP
>>
best zelda in YEARS
>>
File: zelda-3ds-comparison[1].png (249 KB, 800x240) Image search: [Google]
zelda-3ds-comparison[1].png
249 KB, 800x240
>>344770870
I think it's kind of sad that even 20 years later, Nintendo has to censor that a priest does prayers.
>>
>>344770870
I thought it was bad.
Because you don't have items permanently each dungeon is only allowed to have 2 types of puzzles. Moving along the wall and a puzzle related to the single item you need to enter it. Also the dungeons are really short and super easy because of how limited they are.
Overworld stuff doesn't make up for the dungeons because there's nothing to do except look for may-mays.
>>
>>344770870
It was pretty awful tee bee aych and it controlled like dogshit

It was literally rehash, the game
>>
>>344770870
Ugly and easy but ultimately pretty alright.
>>
Best mobile zelda.
>>
A Link Between Worlds was shit.
>achieves non-linearity in the laziest way possible (by making ALL TOOLS/ITEMS purchaseable from the start)
>dungeons are piss easy and aren't exciting to go through since they don't bear any new tools/items
>so easy, you can buy all the tools/items and not die like an idiot would to such a casual-tier game
>no noteworthy or likeable characters
>rehashing of ALttP's overworld, sound effects, music, etc. (pretty much feels like a nostalgia cash-grab, in general)
Don't bother giving me that "BUT IT'S THE FIRST GOOD ZELDA IN A LONG TIME" shit.
>>
>>344772162
It's the first good Zelda in a long time, but that says more for how far Aonuma had run the series into the ground than any strengths the game had on its own.
>>
It is by far the ugliest zelda game since 1 and 2.
>>
>>344772253
Sure, but people usually imply
>It's REALLY fucking good
>one of the Top five Zeldas, for sure
Shit like that. It's as if they taste with their ass.
>>
>>344770870

it was okay, it's good that it doesn't pamper the player like an idiot like other 3D zelda game but at the same time there isn't a lot of new thing to see here especialy when some of the content isn't as much "inspired" by LTTP as just straightly ripped off
>>
>>344772529
Can't be the ugliest, since Toon Zelda games exist with their long armed stump legged people.
>>
Is a fun gamea but is the words 2D Zelda by far.

It's great and entertaining and definitely one of the best 3DS titles but if it weren't be case we have the DS Zeldas this could be the worst 2D Zelda.

The half assed dubgeons is the worst offense and that "non-linearity" is achieved in the worst possible way. I would recommend this game to someone who doesn't know what Zelda is ?
>>
>>344772717
It may not straight up tell you where to go, but it still fucking spoonfeeds you like a fucking baby. For instance, signs next to the dungeon that tell you what items you need. It's ridiculous.
>>
File: Minish.Zelda.full.175535.jpg (111 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
Minish.Zelda.full.175535.jpg
111 KB, 550x800
>>344772815
No I respect the design choice for toon zelda games. I don't like it but it was an intentionally choice and executed well. Something can be unappealing to me but still well executed.

ALBW on the other hand just looked like pure ass. The execution was bad. The design was bad. All around poor work.
>>
>>344773071
I realized hated how they wanted to sell the 3D gimmick by making the game on the worst POV possible.
>>
>>344773271
If they hadn't made such an ugly game it would have been fine but not only were the colors, models, and textures all arguing with each other and not well melded together, the worst sin was multiple perspectives/POVs on objects.

All and all ALBW is my least favorite Zelda. Really. Mostly because it copied so much from ALTTP which was the first one I owned after playing Zelda 2 at a friends house for years, and I wanted ALBW to be a great game but it just wasn't
>>
Far, far too easy.
I had to turn my brain off to beat it. Not a single puzzle in the game made me pause to think, it was like walking along a straight path.
I didn't really enjoy it.

The 3D graphics don't look good but the music is excellent.
>>
File: 1466987708075.png (71 KB, 167x240) Image search: [Google]
1466987708075.png
71 KB, 167x240
>ALBW
>anything but shit
tip top kek
>>
Probably the best Zelda yet. The dungeons are clever, the side quests are great, and the lack of linearity makes it fun. Nostalgia aside, it's a great game. I just wish it didn't take inspiration from LttP, it deserves to stand on its own.
>>
>>344770870
Its a good action game. I've only ever played it on hero mode since I borrowed it from a friend so I'm not sure if the damage scaling is any good on the regular mode. I'd describe it as punishing but not too hard on hero mode. Shame that you have to beat the game before unlocking the hard mode.
>>
>>344770870
It's pretty good. I don't like that they made the sequel to ALTTP all cutesy and shit though.
>>
>>344773527
ALBW is only bearable because it rode ALttP's dick so hard that it was impossible to be a complete fuck up.

The plotting was almost non existent and Goddammit the weapon sys is what completely ruined this gambling for me.

Not as bad as those abominations from DS but not eveb close to anything else.
>>
I'm about to pick this up, actually.
Is it possible to fight that old man superboss if I'm strictly an offline player?
>>
It was easy but fun.

The painting gimmick was surprisingly done well and I wouldn't mind seeing it and the Lorule characters return in another game one day.
>>
>>344774245
You can't fight online at ALL. You only fight through streetpassing.
>>
>>344774282
This game only redeemable quality is that is fun as hell nothing else.
>>
>>344774008
It could have been good. I think that's what was most painful. The ideas were good. The execution was bad.
>>
>>344774919
If we didn't had ravio and instead the weapons were on the dungeons this game could have been better
>>
>>344774704
Really? I thought there were offline NPCs generated by the 3DS so one could still fight the old man eventually.
>>
>>344770870
A little bit too easy, but still a good game and probably the best Zelda since TP.
>>
>>344770870
It's a lot of fun but like everyone else says, it's too easy.
>>
I was really not a fan of the goofy cartoony shit that Aonuma forced into the game in the form of the new characters (mainly the villains).

LTTP at least has a teensy bit of "edge" to it, whereas LBW feels pure saccharine. LTTP can actually be hard at points as well (fighting the moth boss in the forest dungeon, for example).

It's a decent game but I have been growing weary of Aonuma's influence on the series for a long time now. He knocked it out of the park with Majora's Mask, and WW and TP were decent, but it's been a long slide down.
>>
>>344775292
They are NPCs, but there's still no online mode. I'd probably be playing it right now if it did.
>>
ALttP in 3D. It was good, but I haven't played it since I beat it. Still leagues ahead Skyward Sword and still under Spirit Tracks.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.