[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any interest on a Vaporwave inspired Racing Game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: SiteBanner.png (685 KB, 700x250) Image search: [Google]
SiteBanner.png
685 KB, 700x250
Okay guys, I love vaporwave and simpsonswave, but I also love game developing and pixelated racing games. I'm building this vaporwave aesthetic pixelated racing game, would you like to take a ride?
>>
Vaporwave is meme garbage.
Neo-80s and synthwave though, now that is good.
>>
I'd play it.
>>
>>344761116
I'm not sure if I can post a link tho..
>>
>>344760903
>vaporwave aesthetic pixelated racing game

So basically you don't know how to make a good game and you're relying 100% on a meme art style to make it "interesting".

Before thinking about the art style think about why anyone would want to play this game, what can you offer that's unique.
>>
Vaporwave isn't real and neither are you if you really think about it.
>>
>>344761331
What about a racing game to integrate with vapor/synthwave indie musicians tracks and albums? Like an interactive experience
>>
>>344761541
Sounds like it wold work, but make it interact with the game itself. Maybe drifting changes the way the music plays. Maybe the tempo adjusts to whether someone's catching up to you or not, or how you're placed.
>>
>>344760903
A racing game? Vaporwave is the kind of music where you'd want to take things slow.

Now if you wanted to do a Vaporwave Simulator where you're driving a car slowly through an aesthetic-inspired background, then that would be cool. But if you wanted to do a racing game, I'd do something that's more Neo-80s/Synthwave inspired.
>>
>>344761674
This could be an interesting thing to adjust the pitch/volume/eq of the songs whenever something's happening. Definitely writing it down!
>>
>>344761698
Well you know I was first inspired by the Bart on Resonance popular video to make a racing game with that atmosphere, but since I now integrated a fast-related leaderboard I may instead make use of other similar musical genres instead of vaporwave
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.