[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good adventure games where you actually have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Sherlock-Holmes.jpg (44 KB, 900x507) Image search: [Google]
Sherlock-Holmes.jpg
44 KB, 900x507
What are some good adventure games where you actually have to look at clues and use your brain to go on instead of just listing off dialogue options?
>>
>>344759951
Fallout 4
>>
>>344760073
wow the thread went to shit sooner than I expected
>>
LA Noire
>>
>>344759951
Skyrim, Oblivion, pretty much any Bethesda game.
>>
>>344759951
the sherlock games from gamefrog..pretty awesome atmosphere lots of riddles
>>
Hotel Dusk
>>
>>344759951
Persona 4
>>
>>344763268
>>344763179
thanks
>>344761257
do you actually investigate shit in that game? It looked like a glorified moviegame from the trailers
>>
>>344764546
It's a glorified movie game.
>>
>>344764620
Its a damn masterpiece movie game tho. Lacked more action scenes
>>
>>344759951

bladerunner
>>
>>344763086
fucking wut. Quest markers are the opposite of what OP's looking for, most likely.
>>
>>344759951
Serpent in the Staglands. It's a little indie crpg that's cryptic as fuck, in a good way. You're expected to write down notes and carefully examine things. It's pretty neat.
>>
>>344765797
that sounds neat, thank you
>>
>>344759951
The Sherlock games really delivered that to me.

Still, I wish there were more investigation games.
I've been eyeing Soul Suspect, but I didn't actually play it, so I can't recommend it wholeheartedly
>>
>>344767456
You're talking 'bout Crime and Punishment and the sequel - whatever it is called - that just released?

Are they any good?
>>
>>344760073
>>344760218

kek
>>
>>344768559
Crimes and Punishments is fucking top-tier in terms of clues following and deductions. You DO have to pay attention to little things to discern correct conclusions from wrong ones. I haven't played Devil's Daughter yet though.
>>
>>344768983
Sweet! I always assumed it was shit without giving it a second glance.
>>
>>344769773
Don't get overhyped though. There is certainly more freedom than in something like Danganronpa or Ace Attorney, but some streamlining is still present, like list of objectives or connection of logic. At the end of the case, however, when you have several solutions, you will probably go around and recheck all the evidence to find which is correct, since all theories are good by themselves, but may miss something. Now that I think about it, it's pretty close to the books' process of elimination, which is cool.
>>
>>344768983
First 30 mins I thought it was shit then slowly started getting into it, by the end I was upset it was over.

You can send the wrong people down too just to be a cunt.
>>
>>344768559
You can add its prequel 'testament of Sherlock holmes' to that list too
>>
The Secret World. Most investigations missions are like that.
>>
>>344759951
Myst.
>>
>>344759951
secret world investigation missions, keep in mind that the rest of the game is shit
>>
>>344771718
Great atmosphere and writing, most of the VA work is passable to great and the combat isn't any worse than any other MMO.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.