[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a bigger hack in the industry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: peter-molyneux.jpg (74 KB, 463x372) Image search: [Google]
peter-molyneux.jpg
74 KB, 463x372
Is there a bigger hack in the industry?
>>
>>344758215
Not an argument
>>
Tim Schafer.
The George Lucas of video games.
>>
>>344758215
infanune
>>
File: Molyneux 1.gif (16 KB, 679x521) Image search: [Google]
Molyneux 1.gif
16 KB, 679x521
>>
>>344759151
>consistently makes big, sweeping promises
>fails to deliver on ANY of them

if this isn't enough to make you despise that fucker i don't know what will http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-11-the-god-who-peter-molyneux-forgot
>>
I was a dumb kid with a Xbox so i fell for the hype and preordered Fable. what a disappointment.
>>
>>344758215
Todd Howard
>>
File: Godus.jpg (98 KB, 614x345) Image search: [Google]
Godus.jpg
98 KB, 614x345
>>344758215
But this is one of the best games you can ever play. 22cans are gearing up to release the MMO component of the game that will marry traditional god game gameplay with the excitement of an online persistent world where players all occupy the same planet, vying for the limited territory - all in an effort to be crowned God of Gods which will allow them to make changes to the rules that affect every single player as well as make a portion of every dollar spent by the players on the game.
>>
>>344758215
You don't know your history, OP. Do you?

There was a time, When he programmed the games that he was designing this meant that his ideas were fixed because he understood that some of them couldn't be done then.

DK Series is a good example, Before EA took over it.
>>
>>344760736
Todd rarely ever lies he just blows the truth out of proportion
I don't mind though the games are still good
>>
>>344758215
At one point he delivered.

That point was before some of you were born.
>>
>>344761407
t. Todd

I ain't buying your games, shill
>>
>>344761565
k
>>
>>344761407
It's not just that, a lot of the stuff he says was actually true about the game at the time he said it, but by release most of that shit was cut.

Watching the old oblivion videos is sad.
>>
>>344761963
I think Todd is a little trapped in his situation. He wants to make really good games but is shackled by industry demands.
>>
>>344761407
>Todd rarely ever lies
let's not go there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbx6-KQoRg
>>
Yes, in watch dogs 2 they do the biggest hack in the universe
>>
The Fable games were pretty good imo
>>
File: kudo.jpg (14 KB, 460x235) Image search: [Google]
kudo.jpg
14 KB, 460x235
Molyneux has more than one really good game under his belt. Black and White 1/2. Fable 1/2. The Movies.

Tim Schafer has more than one really good game under his belt. Psychonauts. Day of the Tentacle. Full Throttle.

There are people who are true cancers to the industry. Like pic related who talked EA into taking AKI corp off the Def Jam franchise to give it to his incompetent Canadian friends who ran it into the ground. This led to Aki giving up on making good games.

There's hundreds of stories like this from different douchebags in the industry who are truly hacks.
>>
>>344762782
Most of the shit essentially was in the game if changed and not nearly as impressive.
>>
>>344763129
this. molyneux is based.
>>
Kojambo.
>Original Metal Gear MSX games, Snatcher, and Policenauts range from average to shit.
>Tomokazu comes on and carries him through his masterpieces: MGS1, 2, and 3.
>He proceeds to blunder through 4/5/PW.
>Del Toro carries him through a hallway simulator.
>At latest E3 demos a retarded trailer for his new movie, met with unilateral burger applause.
>Hasn't made a worthwhile game without being propped up by the genius of others, but still considered an auteur.
>>
>>344763049

Fuck off out this thread get the fuck off of this website you fucking putrid down syndrome subhuman ape nigger I swear to fucking Christ if I find out where you live I'm going to kick your ass don't test me boy
>>
>>344764646

I could not agree more my friend I am so glad that somebody else thinks this.

It's just a shame the Kojicucks are going to shit on your comment because "muh deep story"
>>
File: 1460952517332.jpg (97 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1460952517332.jpg
97 KB, 435x435
>>344758215
>ctrl+f David Cage
>0 results
>>
>>344759151
kek, underrated post
>>
>>344758215
Either Hideo or Kojima.
>>
Hidetaka Miyazaki
>wants an extensive background for side characters
>can't program proper pathfinding for Havel
>handwaves it by writing two sentences about him being locked in a basement "for his own good" (come on now) and calls it a day
>can't even animate NPCs walking
>instead just despawns them when the player isn't looking
>"Time is convoluted"
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.