[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it's fucking nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: pokemon-go-new-details-revealed.jpg (605 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-go-new-details-revealed.jpg
605 KB, 1280x720
it's fucking nothing
>>
>>344754510
Except that it's literally setting the world on fire
>>
Im enjoying it.
>>
>Another PG thread made by a butthurt person that can't accept its success
We are setting a new world record.
>>
>>344754510
If it's nothing, then why's everyone tweeting like mad about it?
>>
File: 1458296741333.jpg (106 KB, 654x862) Image search: [Google]
1458296741333.jpg
106 KB, 654x862
it's literally nothing, unless you go outside :^)
>>
This game is caner

Flooding the world with autists

If I see any of these nerds on my property they're getting a bullet
>>
>Literally pokemon with even less content than it ever had
Not even the fights resemble pokemon at all, anyone playing this in /v/ is a fucking retard because there's 0 gameplay besides furiously tapping.
>>
>>344754795
>there's 0 gameplay besides furiously tapping

Yep, sounds like pokemon.
>>
File: pokeyman.jpg (29 KB, 289x395) Image search: [Google]
pokeyman.jpg
29 KB, 289x395
>>344754510
I'm not sure about you OP but i'm having a grand time, I havent been able to meet people for ages because i'm an autist, now I have something in common to talk with strangers about.
>>
>>344754510
It's as much a video game as Farmville is. Can we please stop with 12 threads at a time?
>>
>the quality of a game is now measured by its popularity on /v/ of all places
I'm playing this shit just because everyone else is but I'd much rather be playing a better game with the same people. I hope it will pass.
>>
>>344754510
>>344754871
I get it now, all this butthurt is from fags that can't play it.

This is like the main crop of grapes right here.
>>
>>344754871
Well, I hope you play the next ultra casual "game" that's in once GO dies out. Otherwise you're going back to your autismo life
>>
>>344754763
>People are having more fun than me so I'll kill them
>Flooding the world with autists

maybe you're the autist
>>
>>344754951
>fags that can't play it.

Yeeeup, My guess is non-americans are pissed about how they can't play yet, or is that still a thing?
>>
If it bombed v would be filled with BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY and contrarian positive threads.
>>
>>344754871
And then you leave and never see them again.
>>
The biggest surveillance coup to date and everyone of you asshole and everybody else eats it up.

gj sheeps
>>
File: Weebamon.png (89 KB, 199x200) Image search: [Google]
Weebamon.png
89 KB, 199x200
>>344755220
That's a pretty good point actually, but being that I live in a town with about 50-60k actual residents, I'm sure I'll see them playing GO occasionally
>>
File: Fishlog.png (19 KB, 1594x1020) Image search: [Google]
Fishlog.png
19 KB, 1594x1020
>>344755247
lol faggot you're always being watched, get mad
>>
>>344755247
Every other app does the same thing though, what's your point?
>>
>>344755063

people trespassing on my fucking property because its a fucking pokemon gym is enough reason to kill them

i don't care about shitty smartphone games for autists

don't get so fucking butthurt you turbo sperg
>>
>>344755406
Why didn't you guys support the shit out of dungeon keeper then?
>>
>>344755063

t. butthurt redditor
>>
>>344755407
Why don't you put up a sign you cock? i'd come play at your gym every day just so you'd go to prison for shooting my ass.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-11-17-54-30.png (655 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-11-17-54-30.png
655 KB, 1080x1920
I've actually had fun with it desu, I've met some chill people at the park at 2:00am

>Drive downtown
>Not a city
>Park in a chirch parkinglot
>Some guy is tackling the Gym in his car
>Hit about 15 pokestops on way to park area
>Get to bridge
>Catch onyx
>3 dudes and 2 chicks see me coming
>"YO MAN YOU CATCH THAT ONYX ON THE BRIDGE?"
>"HELL YEAH I DID"
>"There's a lickitung by that bench over there snag that shit before it's gone"
>We set up 3 lures and chill in the middle of the triangle
>Talk about life and shit
>Show off mons
>Catch some more dudes
>Take on a gym for blue team
>Get my Oddish in there

Was pretty comfy, am going to do again
Went during the day today but it's shit, too many normans and redditors try to talk to you
>>
>>344754510
I just wanted a fucking Pokemon app that made me battle shit.
>bbbut anon you kinda do that at gyms
What's the fucking point if I have to catch 100 thousand of the same fucking Pokemon just so it's stronger.

This is some cashshop bullshit. I'd rather dick around with that pikachu step counter or those fuckin digivices or even a fucking scannerz
>>
>>344755085
It's trivially easy to sideload it if that's the case. From reading around, it seems more like fags that have piece of shit tracfones and are too stupid to just buy a secondhand 3 year old flagship phone or something.
>>
>>344755727
>n-not what I wanted i'm upset

Then develop it yourself or write in asking for it man, or just get a 3DS you cheap nob head
>>
This game seems entirely pay to win to me.

Is it true?
>>
>>344755727
The funny thing is it's not even cash shop, there's nothing in the cash shop that will directly let you power up a pokemon. You can buy items to encounter more pokemon sure, but if they're not the same type then you're not powering up shit. It's balanced that way to not be pay2win, at the expense of mandating grinding.
>>
>>344755587
>Walking around town doing shopping
>Huge crowd of people with their phones out
>All playing pokemon go
>"What's going on?"
>"There's a charizard here!"

Great and all but I wondered how the crowd started, I can imagine some sperg running in circles shouting A CHARIZARD IT'S A CHARIZARD EVERYONE and everyone whipping their phones out.
>>
has anyone gotten raped or mugged playing this yet?
>>
>>344755863
More grindy and time consuming I'd say
>>
File: rffbu7ue3z.jpg (49 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
rffbu7ue3z.jpg
49 KB, 500x460
>fw unconsciously exercising everyday while catching
>>
>>344755863
No, most of their player base didn't spend a cent. It's totally fair and easy to pick up
>>
>>344754795
You're absolutely right about the battling part. there's no effort involved. However I would argue that GO accessibility would be in jeopardy if a more in depth playstyle was taken.

As for the "0" gameplay you're wrong. Catching pokemon has never been more fun, meeting people by pure chance is fun and exciting, the teams incentivize working together
>>
Do you think they will reset it in Europe? Or ban people?
>>
>>344755913
Quite a few

People have been robbed, beaten up, found dead bodies, run over.
>>
>>344755863
Can you buy pokemon? no?

Can you skip opening eggs with currency? no?

Can you catch the best pokemon without going places? no?

I hate to burst your bubble but it's not P2W in the slightest.
>>
>>344755949
>walking slowly
>exercising
lel enjoy your foot injuries and sprains fatass
>>
>>344755863
Read the post directly below you.

You can't use money to get a strong pokemon. You can buy items to encounter more pokemon but that doesn't mean they'll be good pokemon.

The people who have it the easiest are simply people that live in a populated area near pokestops. Pokemon encounters are more frequent in populated areas and pokestops have a short cooldown time and basically give unlimited items.
>>
>>344755960
>Do you think they will reset it in Europe? Or ban people?

I'm hazarding to guess they might just say fuck it and decide to go with a global setup, outrage would be through the roof with Euro players who played early.
>>
Whats the point in even trying to take gyms when 12 year old Timmy can just grab his mothers credit card and get ahead of me, and place pokemon at gyms that I have to grind to beat, only for them to pay more money to boost their pokemon way quicker than I can
>>
>>344756005
Not that guy, but someone might argue your third point with being able to buy Insence.
>>
>>344755816
>implying I don't own every fucking mainline Pokemon game
Lick my butthole.
Instead of completely gps eat your battery based make it randomized via a step counter which most phones have, make it run in the background so you can queue up x amount of encounters incase you are at work or some shit. use that bump shit gps that detects nearby people only so you can trainer battle. but noooo they had to get the ingris guys on it because Nintendo can't into 21st century technology. were moving into gen 9 and Nintendo is still learning what WiFi fucking is
>>
>>344755958
There doesn't need to be major depth to it, but it could be a nice entry to the series.

As it stands you tap furiously and then hold once you meter is full.

Why wouldn't the 4 attack system work? learn attacks as their cp increases pres the attack you want, turn based. doesn't have to emulate the game to a T with TMs and shit
>>
>>344756005
and thats why its shit, no normal human will actually nto want to cheat eventually.
>>
File: 1464027066348.jpg (13 KB, 366x321) Image search: [Google]
1464027066348.jpg
13 KB, 366x321
>>344756050
Ok fatass.
>>
File: image.png (335 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
image.png
335 KB, 640x468
>>Since Nintendo released Pokémon Go late last week, the augmented reality video game is already on track to be one of the fastest growing phenomenons in the gaming world. More people used the app in a day than Tinder.
>About to surpass twitter's active users
>With a 7% install base among Android's 1.4 billion active devices and a 10% install base among 400 million Apple devices, there are currently 138 million players making it the most popular game of all time. It hasn't even been released in Europe, South America, Canada, and many other nations
>Europe, South America, Middle East, Africa, and Asia all downloaded the game with American accounts and are playing it
>literally Pokemon go in their news every single fucking day
>their own celebs in each of the countries continents are talking about it
>there's already memes and jokes being made globally about it

TOTAL

DOMINATION
>>
>>344756104
Have you even played the game you fucking retard? No, you haven't. You came here to shitpost about something you know nothing about. You can't use money to boost pokemon, period.
>>
>>344754510
test
>>
>>344754894
damn, atleast pretend you are not a sheep and say you like the game
>>
>Pokemon Go is the biggest video game phenomenon since… Wii Sports? All Pokemon Go is Ingress with pokemon instead of portals. I know game developers who have been addicted to Ingress. Goes to show the power of the IP.
>“I am playing Pokemon Go because I need to walk outside.” This was said to me by a 30 year old woman who NEVER plays video games.
Pokemon Go, as that woman’s reason for playing it, is ironic in video games because we always associate video games with STAYING INSIDE. But is this true? Is this fair?

>VIDEO GAMES ARE ABOUT BEING ALONE. No they aren’t. Even from the beginning, this wasn’t true.

>VIDEO GAMES ARE ABOUT NOT BEING SOCIAL. But PONG and Donkey Kong started out at bars. You had to go outside to go to the arcade. And consoles have always been about multiplayer gaming.

>So why have we assumed video games are about being inside? Even with the mobile cell phone games, we assumed that they were mobile games, not OUTSIDE GAMES. The paradigm shift matters.

>Motion games were great because it forced us to re-realize that a video game wasn’t sitting around. Pokemon Go is making everyone realize that a game doesn’t have to be inside.

>It is expanding our definition of gaming. This is why there is so much excitement for it. It is attracting all sorts of players.
>>
>>344756105
I used the 2 incense you get when you start to try and evolve some fodder and level up faster.

Sat my ass at the computer and caught 6 pokemon with both.

I can guarantee in an hour I could've caught more walking around
>>
>>344756205
was it worth it you cumslut?
>>
>>344756079
>I'm hazarding to guess they might just say fuck it and decide to go with a global setup, outrage would be through the roof with Euro players who played early.
They're the reason along with other regions that weren't allowed to play why the servers got burned to a crisp

They deserve to get their progress wiped tbqfh
>>
>>344755863
nope. You can go slightly faster if you pay, however you can earn the currency in game
>>
>>344756050
>i have no idea what i'm talking about
since when walking doesn't count as exercise and is dangerous for your health?
>>
go outside from your basement you might find more xD
>>
>>344756217
I am a sheep. I like being with my friends but as of now that is impossible without playing this game.
>>
>>344756227
>We could even enter a generational divide where ‘old school’ video games meant playing games inside while ‘new school’ games meant playing video games outside. Sounds shocking to you? Welcome to future. Your grandparents were probably shocked at internet, computers, and lasers. Time marches on.
>>
>>344756234
Ah. I didn't think they were that minor. The only time I used that stuff was when I was sitting in between two lure modules. Now THAT'S some intense pokemon generating.
>>
>>344756176

literally the second coming of R/B/Y

shit is everywhere
>>
>>344756234
From what I can tell it's a matter of being in certain areas, if you lived closer to a pokestop you might have had better luck, but someone will crack into the game sometime and find out all the algorithms one day, so for now, get some fresh air and take a walk.

It's good for you.
>>
>>344756319
No fuck off you normie cancer.
>>
>>344754510
Holy fuck. If you need any more proof that /v/ is Nintendo defense force central, just look at threads like these.
>>
>>344756381
>but someone will crack into the game sometime and find out all the algorithms one day
Unlikely, everything is server sided. Even the fucking 3D models are stored on the server and downloaded when needed according to a data miner.
>>
>>344756316
You know if you don't raise your heart rate passed a certain rate it's like you may as well be sitting down right?

You did take elementary school PE didn't you?
You know when the teacher said even if you aren't jogging to at least not walk because you aren't really exercising?
You are drinking diet pepsi instead of regular pepsi walking around, don't fool yourself into thinking you are getting in shape, lardass.
>>
>>344756140
no reason really. I don;t want to believe that more causal players can't learn 4 moves and weaknesses, but god sometimes I wonder
>>
File: 1468312662472.jpg (85 KB, 528x523) Image search: [Google]
1468312662472.jpg
85 KB, 528x523
>>344754510
>it's fucking nothing
>>
It's another "neet with no car or money for public transit cries because he can't catch shit" thread
>>
It's pretty fucking bad as a "game".

I also don't need a phone app to actually take a walk or have friends.
>>
>>344756413
What? I'm not saying the game is perfect but it's fun, what do you expect out of a half idle/GPS game? It's fun to chill out at a park or take a hike and catch my shitty little virtual pokemins.

While I like it, it is kind of lackluster on the content front, but hey, as long as it's enjoyable who cares? it gets people outside, that's a lot more than most video games do now adays.
>>
How can a game develop such an obnoxious playerbase and hate base in less than a week? It puts Undertake to shame.
>>
File: 1459396359109.jpg (123 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
1459396359109.jpg
123 KB, 1242x2208
>>344755587
>go to park at 2 am
>catch tons of mons and use all the pokestops
>take the gym
>walk back to my car
>its being ticketed because parks close at 10pm
>police asks what I was doing
>end up comparing pokedex with police officer
>mfw still have to pay ticket
>>
>>344754763
I really wish I was American so I could do the same.
>>
>>344756413
No I don't love Nintendo more than sony or microsoft however I do think Go is a game that's changing dynamics and should be talked. I think the majority of reasons are positive
>>
So does the PC GPS spoof actually work? I just want to move my home location literally 20 feet to the north to use the single pokestop in my rural area. It's so close I can turn GPS off and on to grab it inconsistently.
>>
File: dude.gif (123 KB, 496x279) Image search: [Google]
dude.gif
123 KB, 496x279
>>344756557
Good for you.
>>
>>344756580
>start convincing my friends to 'disconnect' when we hang out
>get friends out of the house more
>this fucking shit comes out
>back to the usual glued to their phones selves
Thanks nintendo
>>
>>344755407
>implying people are ever going to set foot near your piece of shit property.

They could literally be two houses over and still get full advantage of your house, anon.

Besides, unless your house is a church or a park, it's probably not a gym anyways.
>>
>>344756005
you are a faggot, I've been playing this shit for 3 days and its as p2w as it gets

>Can you buy pokemon? no?
No you can't but you can buy incense and lure which is the same fucking thing
>Can you skip opening eggs with currency? no?
No but you can have multiple incubators and hatch multiple eggs at the same time
>Can you catch the best pokemon without going places? no?
I will give you this one because I'm not that far into the game but I reckon the rarity of pokemon correlates with your level and you can simply grind yourself with incense all day without moving your ass

I like the PoGo but it is undeniably p2w
>>
>>344756685
>rural area

How desolate are we talking? I have to walk like a good 5 miles to get to a store and I still catch pokemon around here.
>>
>>344756685
as long as you don't move too far too quickly then you should be good
but even if you fuck up I think the worst that'll happen is an hour long soft-ban
>>
>>344756486
>take adderall
>literally everything raises my heart rate
>getting out off my chair raises heart rate by 5-10bpm
So I'm good right
>>
>>344754763
you can get jailed for that

idiot
>>
>>344756781
>No you can't but you can buy incense and lure which is the same fucking thing
no it's not you still have to walk to find rare shit good luck finding that just sitting your fatass around
>No but you can have multiple incubators and hatch multiple eggs at the same time
which you can get for free at random at pokestops
>>
File: 1437962636328.jpg (160 KB, 760x430) Image search: [Google]
1437962636328.jpg
160 KB, 760x430
>>344756636
>Implying he'd going to let you go without adding to his quota
>>
>>344755949
>Walking
>Giving you hyperthrophy
Jesus I fear for my brehs at /fit/ they must be fighting the urge to bash in the head of manchildren all day long.
Walking is what doctors tell grannies to do to improve circulation in the lower limbs, its not exercise.
>>
The amount of Amerifats who have never been to a park or taken a walk until Pokemon Go is lol.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg (81 KB, 1000x833) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg
81 KB, 1000x833
>>344756905
ayy lmao thanks, I was too lazy to respond to his dumbass
>>
I want to play it, I just went outside for a walk (first time in months) to try it. I feel like everyone is watching from their houses and wondering what this greasy turbosperg is doing checking his phone every 30 seconds. It's like shame coming from every direction so I casually walked back to my house and cried in the entrance. Why, nintendo? Why would you do this?
>>
>lol you just hate Pokemon go because you don't have a good phone/can't drive
>people here are unironically defending this

I lived long enough to see /v/ defend mobilefaggotry
>>
>>344756935
I guess in the end I was just an entry to his pokedex
>>
>>344756974
>Americas

The amount of Europeans not playing Pokemon Go is lol
>>
>>344756905
>tap a Pokemon 2 blocks away
>it works
>see kids and adults sprinting around to catch Pokemon literally outside their doors

>get off your fatass
>implying 9/10s of the pokemongoloid fanbase isn't driving around to catch these fucking things
>>
>>344757037
You should get that checked out. Sounds like anxiety my friend.
>>
>>344757042
I tried to warn you dude
>>
isn't it only the first 150 (or 151 if you can catch mew) pokemon only?
>>
>>344756796
Pretty desolate. I'm up in the mountains and there's a single church right by my house that's a historical landmark and has the stop. 45 minutes down the mountain there are two gyms and a few stops in town.
>>
>>344757042
not really an argument here. Mobile gaming can be just as good as traditional if you support the right practices just like traditional gaming
>>
>>344757112
Gen 1, legendaries aren't released yet. probably event only
>>
>>344757071
I've been meaning to try going on walks because I want to not be a fupa-bearing greasefuck but I can't bear the fucking sense that everyone can see me. I guess I'll try doing it in the middle of the night.
>>
>>344756905
>>344756996
holy shit you faggots how delusional can you be
>P2W: You can get advantage over other players just by paying real money
This game is literally p2w, I don't even know why are you trying to defend it, I'm not saying the game is bad or the p2w aspect of it is, I'm just stating a fucking fact
>>
>>344757037
I feel this way at 4 am when i go for my pokewalk. When no one is awake. In reality no one gives a shit, go catch those mons.
>>
File: 1468312323150.jpg (13 KB, 253x253) Image search: [Google]
1468312323150.jpg
13 KB, 253x253
>>344754510
>germany
>iphone
>everyones talking about this game

JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>344756275
They did this to theirselfs.

>Hey, let's release this extremely popular game that's everyone waiting for.
>yeah sure, worldwide?
>lol, no, only in Australia and New-Zealand
>Uum, don't you think other people will try and download it aswel, maybe we should block European connections or remove pokemons/gyms/pokestops from other regions?
>lol no, just release it there, and only there we'll see
>Sir, other people are playing it on the Australian servers, what do we do?
>lol, nothing, say nothing... You know what, release it in america before we try to fix anything lol
>>
Proper exercise is vigorous activity, you dumbass virgins

walking isn't doing shiet
>>
>>344757063
ok they can get pulled over or crash not my problem.

and two catch those pokemon two blocks away you still have to move to that location. it's not like everything and every pokemon appears around you
>>
File: birchbillet.jpg (12 KB, 160x91) Image search: [Google]
birchbillet.jpg
12 KB, 160x91
>>344755390
nice sallow log therefore I raise you a high quality specimen
>>
>>344756815
Thanks. This PC version syncs with the Google account I'm using on the phone app? As in, I don't have to start a new character for the PC.
>>
>>344757158
you can buy oil and drive around! fucking p2w garbage!
>>
>>344757220
it's still a step up from sitting 16 hours a day in front of a PC
>>
>overwatch is released
>for the next month every site i visit is shitted up with overwatch posts and nothing else
>overwatch hype dies off
>pokemon go is released
>the next month will be nothing but pokemon go posts every fucking website i visit

I hope the rest of 2016 isn't this fucking annoying
>>
>>344757220
Walking is still exercise dipshit.
>>
>>344757220
Walking even 1 or 2 km can help prevent heart disease, anon.
>>
>>344757158
but you can get the in game currency from playing the game and randomly at pokestops.

it's not pay to win you want it to be so badly
>>
>>344757164
It's like a bizarre paradox of "nobody gives a shit about me, that's why all my friends don't message me anymore" and "everybody can see me being a fucking autist on my phone please god just let me burst into flames"

I'm sure normies don't have this problem
>>
>>344757272
>it's better than nothing
I guess, but you could also just devote an hour or two a day to proper exercise.
>>
>>344756905
>what are lucky eggs
Oh right they are the things that let me get from level 10-17 in the same time my friend gets from 10-14

All the gyms are controlled by lucky egg users.
>>
>>344754510
It's just Ingress with a pokemon reskin, I'd actually like it if there were wild pokemon and trainer battles
>>
File: Sign.png (64 KB, 363x91) Image search: [Google]
Sign.png
64 KB, 363x91
>>344757257

Only if it will help this poor soul feel happiness again :c
>>
>>344757378
Wouldn't catch anything doing that anon.
>>
>>344757037
everyone does this while checking their wasap/isntagram/whatever other shit you use
enjoy the outside world
>>
>>344757220
Hiking is good for you. I doubt anyone playing Pomemon Go is walking for more than half an hour or continuously though.
>>
>>344754579
>only anglo countries and japan
>world
Anon pls
>>
>>344757348
So does eating less cake and drinking less soda you fucking idiot.

Walking doesn't prevent heart disease, sitting around all fucking day gives you heart disease.
>>
>>344757368
I am pretty much a normie and I have that problem. It's what >>344757071 said, anxiety.
>>
>>344757402
again you can just but lucky eggs with in game currency you get in game. and you can also get lucky eggs randomly at poketops

and that would only be temporary since cp for all pokemon types are the same. it would only be a matter of time before everyone was on the same level
>>
>>344757460
>and Japan
lel, thanks for showing you know nothing
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-05+at+06.02.48).jpg (566 KB, 1936x1056) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-05+at+06.02.48).jpg
566 KB, 1936x1056
>>344757408
post your hs for good measure I will post mine in earnest: Stinky Smelly Baby Feet
>>
File: 9l9nVsd.jpg (98 KB, 595x596) Image search: [Google]
9l9nVsd.jpg
98 KB, 595x596
>>344757519
So by that logic walking DOES prevent heart disease, you idiot
>>
File: 1466325399962.jpg (42 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
1466325399962.jpg
42 KB, 495x636
>I don't have a phone because I've got nobody to make or receive calls from and never leave my computer anyway
>desperately want to have an excuse to go outside but can never find something to keep me interested enough to keep me going outside
>don't want to buy a smartphone just to play a pokemon game that everyone else is playing
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-04+at+06.56.12).jpg (817 KB, 1936x1056) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-04+at+06.56.12).jpg
817 KB, 1936x1056
>>344757565
>>344757408
oh as addendum don't do it if you don't feel like playing, I'm only here because of friends

here's a wild wacky vil I found
>>
>>344756580
>What were you expecting out of a GPS game
Well lets fucking see
-Trading (staple to pokemon)
-Fighting friends (staple to pokemon)
-A decent battle system that isn't complete ass
-Actual stats and levels
-More content
-Pokemon from other gens

None of this is hard to implement but the game is honestly rushed and shitty.

As for an "exercising game" (for people hailing it for being a good tool for this)

-A game that doesn't interfere if you are using it for exercising (literally defeats the point of getting your heart rate up)
>>
I wouldn't hate it so much if it weren't so god damn obnoxious. The worst part about not being interested in this game is that it's literally fucking everywhere so that you cant avoid it, and when you express your disinterest or dislike of the game you get shat on regardless of your reason for not liking it.

I thought the le go back to cod meemee was left back in 2012 but redditors continue to astound me with how autistic they are when they sperg out because you don't like pokemon
>>
>>344754510
>Walk to Gym
>Take seize control of gym for my team
>Spend the next 3 hours at the location harvesting pokestops and catching pokes while constantly re-taking the gym from people who drive their cars up to the gym to take it
>THEY DRIVE TO THE GYM, DROP LURES ON THE POKESTOPS AND SIT THERE FOR HALF A FUCKING HOUR THEN LEAVE
>I RETAKE THE GYM AND THESE LAZY FUCKING ASSHOLES LITERALLY DRIVE RIGHT BACK TO THE GYM AGAIN FIVE FUCKING MINUTES LATER TO RETAKE IT FROM ME

REEEEEEEEEEE! Fucking WALK you lazy, air polluting P2W fucks! They literally found a way to play the game without ever taking more than 20 steps after leaving their house. Car+Lures and incense, fucking lazy assholes.
>>
Any word of they will refresh Pokemon spawns, give new ones to other areas
>>
>>344756673
>changing dynamics
You mean causing a lot of normies to think they are GAMURS and spamming every single form of your media with shit from a mediocre game?

Yeah I'm sure that is worth looking at. What will be more interesting is how few of them will buy an NX. Nintendo thinks they can pull this market and it just won't work.
>>
>>344757593
Anything that isn't sitting on your fat fucking ass prevents hearty disease if you look at it that way, in which case no, things flip. all things on this earth do not cause heart disease except for eating shitty food and sitting on your ass.

Taking a shower and cleaning your pits by causing you to move your body is not 'PREVENTING' anything. you being lazy is you engaging in giving yourself heart disease.

Nobody says eat lettuce because it prevents you from going into hyperglycemic shock, they say don't eat tons of sugar or you'll go into hyperglycemic shock.
>>
>>344757759
They want people to travel.
>>
File: HnH.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
HnH.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>344757565

Not really mind but I've been living here
>>
>>
>>344754763
Autist detected
>>
Don't worry, no one will be using it by next month if they don't update it with actual gameplay.
>>
>>344757651
>trading
on it's way
>fighting friends
on it's way
>a battle system that's not complete ass
there's no argument for this you're right
>actual stats and levels
there's levels, can't help the no stats thing you're right whoever would that really be too hard for casual players?
>more content
on it's way
>pokemon from other gens
on it's way

>None of this is hard to implement but the game is honestly rushed and shitty.
you're right it's not hard but I think Nentindo wanted to dip their feet in the water before diving straight into new territory and spending money on something they weren't sure would take off
>>
File: 1467230498900.gif (80 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1467230498900.gif
80 KB, 350x263
>>344757746
>Egg hatching wont work if you're going too fast

GET FUCKED LAZY BOIS
>>
>>344757838
You still can
>>
>>344757882
That black man isn't holding a gun though, nor is he trying to take it from the cop. also this image is missing the implication that he was a convicted sex offender who was trying to murder a homeless man for asking for change
>>
>>344757220
I run and check my phone when I catch my breath.

Hatching eggs is way better than catching mons. Tons of XP and dust.
>>
>>344757914
Just like overwatch

Flavor of the month games are so fucking annoying because they're so superficial but you can't fucking avoid them
>>
>>344757136
>Mobile gaming can be just as good as traditional if you support the right practices just like traditional gaming
>99% of mobile games are either grind like crazy or freemium shit

I need to find a better place for vidya
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-11+at+11.52.47).jpg (1 MB, 1936x1056) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-11+at+11.52.47).jpg
1 MB, 1936x1056
>>344757847
ah I remember being the farm boi, like the village bicycle every one rides. Or I am merely projecting and I just don't like hard labor role every damn world

Here's my neighbor, and my humble start (with the damned double original palisade construction, costing double my time) also the hs is 'Smelly Stinky Baby Feet' my bad
>>
>>344757997
That aint Alton Sterling moron.
>>
>>344757146
Dude I had the same mentality until I manned up and went out into the great yonder. No one gives a fuck. Nobody does. Everyone is out there playing it too and too worried about their own pokemon to give a shit. Go on out there man. It'll shave a couple pounds if that's a positive for you. It's only been out for 3 days and I've already lost 5 pounds just by going out for 30 mins and catching shit.
>>
>>344755085
France here, everything has been working since release.
>>
>>344757962
>drive a truck all day around company campus at 10mph
>hatch 3-4 10km eggs a day

I still go on runs after work, though.
>>
>>344756161
Maybe because you're lazy as fuck.

The only way I could see someone "cheating" is spoofing their location to a pokestop and farming, my lady has 2 spots at her job and her bag is full, I have a couple spots near me but a fuck ton of space in between them; so while I could park myself at one , I don't want to.
Beyond that it would be no fun cheating, it's literally defeating the whole point.
>>
File: 1464387499112.jpg (717 KB, 1856x3160) Image search: [Google]
1464387499112.jpg
717 KB, 1856x3160
>>344757882
>stole someone's phone
>cop tells them to freeze
>OOGA BOOGA MY NIGGA WHAT YOU SAY AT ME CRACKA IT BOUT TO BE HOW YOU WAN IT NIGGA
>pulls out shitty rusted hipoint he kept inside his penis
>HE WAS A GOOD BOY HE DIN DO NUFFIN WAS DA FATHA OF SEVEN LIL WORTHLESS ASS NIGGAS DATS I GOT TO FEED NOW MUFUGGA WHAT U LOOKIN AT WHITEY
>>
>>344758120
I talked to 3, THREE, girls yesterday playing on my running route.
>>
>>344757768
>spamming every single form of your media with shit
this shit you're actually right about, fucking ridiculous.

And no the changing dynamics I'm talking about are making people go out socially for something that's not inherently social, going places people never really would go without the intensive, bringing a different kind of style to pokemon and introducing a crowd that wouldn't be interested in games in the light to see what's there

>mediocre game
we could go into a much broader topic about the mechanics of GO. It's an ok game with not a lot of depth currently but what it does have it excels at.
>>
>>344755863
Yeah it is. People are saying you can't buy strong pokemon and that is technically true. But if you do things like pop a lucky egg right before you hatch 9 10km eggs at one time then you can get exp at a much faster rate than free players. Exp gets you to higher levels and higher levels find you much more powerful pokemon.
>>
My apartment is a Pokestop. Since it respawns is there any reason to go to others?
>>
>>344757947
I can understand them wanting to test the waters before going all out with this game but I can't believe they didn't add trading and battling friends, the most social aspects of pokemon, in a game all about going out and being social
>>
>>344757947
>B-But its coming out!

Until it comes out and is proven to actually be implemented well, this game will continue to be complete shit.

The battle system is going to continue to damage everything the game offers in the future. They need to redo that shit for it to be anything more than mediocre.

It's a shame too, because there are a few good ideas hidden in a pile of terrible gameplay
>>
>>344754763
You cant do that its illegal
>>
Make the battle system a bit better and add in PvP and it's 10/10.

Oh and how the fuck do I heal my Pokes?
>>
File: Walking to Improve Running460.jpg (114 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
Walking to Improve Running460.jpg
114 KB, 460x345
>>344754510
>App comes out that encourages going outside and walking
>Decide to try it out one day
>Go out for a very long walk and found swamp area with tons of shrubbery that was absolutely gorgeous
>Never knew it was even there.
>Walk to next land mark... there's a brick wall in the way
>Jump enough to see its just a public parking lot on the other side of the wall
>Decide to jump the parking lot
>Pass by private park with a bunch of greek-style stone statues
>I had no idea this was there
>Get back home having cought a boat load of pokemon and walking over 6km
>Next day my baby bro came over and we did the same thing.

Man fuck you I'm connecting better with the outside + something to do with normies + its fun as shit and you excersize you self-entitled fuck.
>>
>>344758371
When you're out getting Pokemon, sure, but your lucky, my boss has one in his apartment too, and nigga is set for a long time
>>
I've seen multiple murrikans talk about parks closing in this thread.

Why the hell do you close your parks for the night?
>>
>>344758521
Homeless people.
>>
>>344758336
>What it does have, it excels at.
You have to be fucking kidding me. Are you telling me the battle system is great? The lack of stats and movesets is great? You can't even fucking battle pokemon in the wild, that mechanic is shit too!
>>
>>344758536
This. That's LITERALLY the only reason why we do it.
>>
>>344758283
But did they have penises?
>>
File: 1339215372459.jpg (265 KB, 709x863) Image search: [Google]
1339215372459.jpg
265 KB, 709x863
>First day off in 5 days
>Gonna spend it catching pokemon and riding my bike

Fuck yeah
>>
>>344758068
>99% of mobile games are either grind like crazy or freemium shit
yeah because casuals eat up that shit. Don't you think it's funny that traditional gamers stay away from mobile because casuals play it but then are surprised when it's chalk full of shit?

What if the majority of traditional gamers took to mobile gaming to address the problems with the market I'm betting they could change something if not just a little bit

>I need to find a better place for vidya
if you can't embrace new ideas and ways of thinking I guess you should
>>
>>344757997
you could get away with that kind of hear-say before the second video came out but now theres no doubt left to be had. The cops fucked up
>>
>>344758473
You could have taken a walk before this shitty app came out though.
>>
It's vaporware as far as I'm concerned

Regionlocking phone apps xd
>>
>>344758674
Youre right, he could.

But now he has an EXCUSE to do so.
>>
>>344758457
you are just a giant fun hating cock, play the game and enjoy it you giant party pooper.
>>
>>344758674
But that's boring because all I get out of it is "Yeah I went for a walk."

Now it's "Yeah, I went for a walk. And caught a Cubone."
>>
I can't wait for the 50 million clones that are gonna be coming out over the year. Happens with every successful phone game. Download Mobile Creatures today.
>>
>>344756904
>>344758471

>What is the stand your ground law
>>
>>344758598
>Bought myself a mount for my phone
>A power bank and cable
>2 way screen blocker
>Bluetooth earphones
>>
>>344758868
>what is the "I shot a faggot playing a game so i'm going to jail" incident
>>
>>344754579
>>344754704
>>344754720
Like Candy Crush and Angry Birds.
Are they something?
>>
This shit won't do well outside of the Anglosphere

Only retarded anglos are autistic enough to run around playing stupid baby games in public
>>
>>344758868
> This type of law states that people have no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be and that they may use any level of force if they reasonably believe they face an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death.

>people playing pokemon
>imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death
>>
>>344758862
It's one thing to copy flappy birds when it gets taken down
It's another to copy pokemon.
Do you really think people would go for some random ass attempt at a pokemon game?
Digimon failed hard and will still be more successful than any shit attempt
>>
>>344758956
You never know what a pokemon autist is willing to do for a pokemon
>>
>>344758784
Nice rebuttal. The game is shit and you people lap it up like it is even something decent.

Pokemon/Nintendo will die because of you casuals.
>>
>>344758336
No, is shit, mobile shit, not a "ok" game, is not eveb a game.
>>
>>344759017
Probably not shoot people like a fucking autist.
>>
File: 1381743261179.gif (3 MB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1381743261179.gif
3 MB, 250x170
>3 years ago
>hear of this new interactive game called "Ingress" from Niantic studios
>become addicted to it
>level 8 in no time, capturing portals like it's my job
>get so addicted I start creating my own portals
>seeking out monuments and artworks, sending the pictures to Niantic
>they verify it
>a dozen of portals in my neighbourhood were made by me
>three years later
>they make Pokémon Go
>pokéstops are at monuments and artworks
>my portals are now pokéstops
>Niantic gets praised for their accurate pokéstop locations
>nobody praises me
>>
Its just juvenile is all
>>
>>344755949
>walking is an excercise
If you are a 70 year old.
>>
>>344759078
Nintendo does it again!
>>
>>344758574
Uhh I never said the battle system was great in fact i think it's pretty fucking garbage.

There are stats, just not a lot and I'm not defending that.

>You can't even fucking battle pokemon in the wild, that mechanic is shit too!
All your arguments are about the battling, which is a staple of Pokemon you're right. However it's already I lot of work to go out and work to find these Pokemon, the great thing about the game which is also a staple, that adding a battle system for wild pokemon might risk alienating the more casual crowd. Imagine how frustrating it would be to go out to search for something only to have to potentially run away are risk dying.

I know that was a thing in the mainline games too, however GO is aimed at a broader crowd and I'm not negating that

How many do you think actual take part in the gym battles and not just go out to catch Pokemon?
>>
>>344757882
Funny thing, there was a post on the >reddit that was literally a black guy saying the police keep stopping him when he's looking for pokemon, but not any of his white friends.
>>
File: pancakes.jpg (205 KB, 816x1356) Image search: [Google]
pancakes.jpg
205 KB, 816x1356
>6 threads complaining about Pokemon go threads at a time
>1 or 2 that were actually made about the game

It's Undertale all over again, where people were whining about all the threads but 95% of the threads were bait or complaint threads.
>>
File: 1418983595800.gif (585 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1418983595800.gif
585 KB, 512x512
How do i use my pokemons to fight others?
>>
>>344758951
This, any third world country adult would laugh at you for playing this game.
>Be Mexicans playing Go
>"Hey holmes we like to play Go too"
>"Alright the pokestops over HERE!
>*punchs you in the gut then stabs you*
>"Thanks for the phone holmes"

Seriously though why hasnt the basketball americans cause a string of armed robberies with this game yet?
>>
>>344759137
Buy a console mobilefag
>>
>>344759046
What about it isn't a game? I'd like to see your argument about why it isn't.

"mobile shit" is something gamers can work on to make more like traditional. Ironically by rejecting mobile games and not demanding more content from mobile games you create "mobile shit"
>>
>>344759210
It has
>>
It's a literal Walking Simulator. Niggas need a phone game to tell them to go outside for a walk. NIGGA JUST GO OUTSIDE. Put the phone away! Fuck you!
>>
>>344759231
buy a better computer consolefag
>>
>>344758947

Pokemon was already a thing a decade before Angry Birds and Candy Crush. It won't stop being a thing even if the trend wears off. This is just a reaffirmation on how fucking relevant Pokemon is still.
>>
>>344755407
wow you really are an autists
>>
>>344759078
good job anon
>>
>>344759078
Thanks for beta testing :^)
>>
>>344759231
I actually own all current gen consoles and I own a pc, but like I need to prove my credibility to you

see >>344759265
>>
Hey guys, instead of scrambling for a reason to bash the game, why not just not play it if you dislike it? that's pretty easy to do, let the normies have their game.
>>
File: 1468323734479.png (73 KB, 927x869) Image search: [Google]
1468323734479.png
73 KB, 927x869
>>344759210
Like they need an excuse.
>>
>>344759193
>Go to a gym
>Click on it
>Click battle
>Tap opponents pokemon
>When your special meter is full tap and hold
>Repeat until win
>>
>>344759282
This desu. It's sad as fuck.
>>
>>344758947
Well Angry Birds is a big multimedia franchise with spinoffs and branding crossovers and got its own theatrical movie, you tell me.

Candy Crush... I don't get King. They just keep shoving out different puzzle games that are reskins of previous ones, but to my knowledge they haven't capitalized on the popularity of Candy Crush to the extent that Angry Birds has. Bubble Witch Saga 2 was alright.
>>
>>344759189
Not quite, for that time /v/ was r/undertale and we had a lot of furfaggots with 24/7 threads, just like overwatch, but the problem is that now we have 24/7 threads about a mobile app that is barely a game and it belongs to /vp/
>>
>>344759282
Walking simulator is a new buzzword now?

It doesn't simulate fucking anything retard.
>>
>>344759137
>Uhh I never said the battle system was great
"What it does have it excels at"
>There are stats, just not a lot and I'm not defending that
"What it does have it excels at"

Like fucking hell the battle system is a staple of pokemon. How the fuck would adding a wild battle system alienate the more casual crowd, they all played Pokemon Red and Blue, they know how to do it, it really isn't a hard nor time consuming concept, especially with this "battle system"

>How many do you think take part in gym battles
Not many, because they can't even access the content because of autists. There is literally no way to battle otherwise. They should have added wild battles to compensate for that.

You seriously think people wouldn't get the game because it has a wild encounter battle system?

It literally not only fails at being a good game, but it fails at even allowing players to access parts of the game because of autistic people that have already pretty much ran the gym system.
>>
>>344759282
No fuck you, pay me. Pay me in Pokemon.
>>
>>344759304
No because what made GO popular is the game being on smartphones, no normie is buying handhelds anymore.
>>
>>344759395
Wait you can't use attacks or anything, potions and the like?
>>
>>344755727
This. I feel like the whole thing is just a giant fetch quest to catch the same pokemon. Yeah, okay, it's get people out of their house, great. But if I'm out of my house walking or hiking somewhere my purpose isn't going to be to find 10 Ponytas to get a Rapidash. I usually don't rip on people for liking games I don't but I literally see no appeal to this.
>>
>>344757037
just do whatever you want man
you're doing something you enjoy while (if they go as far as caring enough to think about you) they're just watching you from their windows doing absolutely nothing
>>
>Be nigga
>Download Pokemon Go
>Find nearby gym
>Hang out around gym at night
>Mug random autists passing by with their phones
>Literally free money
>>
>>344759456
Except most of those "24/7 threads" are shit like this one, you retard. It was the same thing with Undertale. I'm sorry if you are incapable of picking out bait threads.
>>
>>344754579
only for a few weeks or month at most.
>>
>>344759690
Pedos are using lures to catch their prey. I wonder how many children got abducted due to this app.
>>
File: quasidmodo.jpg (39 KB, 960x536) Image search: [Google]
quasidmodo.jpg
39 KB, 960x536
>>344757037
Bro I feel you on the "feeling watched and shamed" shit.

but you need to get some help for that, it isn't alright.

Go to a doctor if you can, for your sake

please.
>>
>>344759548

Pokemon didn't need from "normies" to be a profitable beast before GO.

Pokemon fans still move fucktons of money and they will remain after GO isn't popular anymore.

The thing is that GO will probably stay for quite a long time given that people fucking loves pokemon and even more if you're just casual about it and don't need to spend money.
>>
>>344759137
>Pokémon
>Casual
Pick two. This is coming from a huge pokemon fan. And I hate Go.
>>
>>344756636
Jesus that is beta as fuck.
>>
>>344755407
Is everyone in the US this retarded?
>>
What region/area are you in?

What types of pokemon do you find?

>Upstate NY
>Bug/grass types
>>
>>344759823
Then why move to smartphones if they didn't need the extra audience?
>>
>>344759627
So far pokemon get 2 attacks; a basic attack that does damage and raises special bar when you tap and the special attack which does lots of damage
You can dodge attacks by swiping to the side
Can't use items in battles
At the moment gym battles are only 1 pokemon per person, but you fight them with 6
A gym has more people the higher it's level, so you fight 1-3 pokemon depending on how difficult the gym is.
>>
>>344759690
Hey it's ok, i'm that autist with a gun and a deathwish come at me fucker.
>>
>>344759768
Well at least it'll last longer than dark souls 3
>>
>>344759930
>So far pokemon get 2 attacks; a basic attack that does damage and raises special bar when you tap and the special attack which does lots of damage

Well dropped, this game is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>344759282
but people are enjoying it anon. why would they stop?
>>
>>344755587
>at the park
>2:00 AM
I know exactly what will happen that will make you stop playing.
>>
>>344759984
Why do Nintendrones attack everyone when their company is moving to smartphones?
>>
>>344754579
>literally
>>
>>344754510
The gameplay is boring and is the equivalent of collecting flags in ac1, only on a global scale.
>>
>>344760056
Because everyone stopped caring about the whole "smartphones arent for gaming" shit.

The only thing I dont want to see are nintendo Pachinko machines
>>
>>344760018
Doesn't exempt you from scrutiny for liking a shitty game, and potentially damaging a series they like.
You post a shitty game on /v/, you are going to get shit for playing it. Deal with it, casual.
>>
>>344759948
You forgot we always strapped though white boy and come in groups just leave your phone an nobody gets shot you feel me.
>>
>>344760143
They forgot because they would have to admit Nintendo is dropping real games for retarded turds like Pokemon Go.
>>
>>344760146
>casual

NORMIES ARE BAD AND MAKE UP 75% OF THE GAMING INDUSTRY

WHY DO THEY EXIST WREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>344756818
>literally taking speed
>>
>>344760143
>Because everyone stopped caring about the whole "smartphones aren't for gaming" shit
Gonna need proof on that. Most people hate smartphone games now as much as they did in the past. Look at SE's reception the past 5 years.

The sad part is, as shitty as SE is, they STILL made phone games that are 100 times better than Pokemon Go
>>
>>344757037
Poor anon I do not have this problem for I have no shame for myself. If I ever do something weird I own up to that shit. But honestly tons of dudes are around doing this. even super normies who never play pokemon.

I have a coworker that organized a bar-crawl/pokemon go with a bunch of other 45 year olds to go play pokemon go.

Embrace your nerd-dom.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.