[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right? https://youtu.be/vxaGXxWdDs8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Is he right?

https://youtu.be/vxaGXxWdDs8
>>
If that's true then how do autists make games in their parents' basements?
>>
>>344754279
/thread
>>
>>344754279
They are either a part of a team and only code or make shitty games.
>>
>>344754279
undertale is garbage
>>
File: Orangutan.jpg (63 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
Orangutan.jpg
63 KB, 600x423
>it's a fantasy game doesn't have to be sensible and consistent episode
Why are those episodes so popular? Besides Sawyer I can only think of Dan Vavra (the guy who made Mafia) off the top of my head who actually does it properly, and it really shows in their games
>>
>>344754193
I'm a graphic designer, and although I don't deal with the same types of projects he does, he's 100% correct about research and learning about the real world for your creative work. If I don't have a bunch of really solid research and an understanding of the subject I'm designing for I can't make informed decisions towards branding or I might fall into the same issues another designer did on another project for a different company if I didn't research things better.

Knowing your subject thoroughly to create a solid base is the best approach to a portrayal of accurate-to-life subjects, and from there you can stretch and bend its rules. It's like an artist painting highly stylized figures - they probably have an in-depth understanding of the human form and can play around with it and still make it look and feel natural despite being stylized.
>>
>>344755041
>Why are those episodes so popular?
Because the sad truth is most people don't give a fuck.

I mean a lot of people don't even understand or care how our own world works so how could they even consider thinking about how a fictional one does?
>>
>>344754193
>le balance man

No thanks
>>
>>344754193

It's literally the same point that Miyazaki used when talking about the anime industry, nowadays most anime is produced by people that do not go outside or have little to none human interactions, therefore the industry became a garbled mess of parroting faggottry with no substance.

Ironically, videogames began as geek shit for shut ins and now it's normalfag central, so if anything games have improved on the quality department (art production, faithfullness, filosophical thinking) but plummeted in GOOD content as the drive for major sales stepped in, you just can't win when it's a business, you simply can't, either you produce something from the bottom of your heart as a side job with no money in mind, or your thing will just be another product in the mold.
>>
>know the rules before you bend/break them
I see nothing wrong with this. You don't have to have everything be 100% accurate at all times, but at least have a base or something to work up from.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.