[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you believe in the saying "if everyone is overpowered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 02021.png (73 KB, 441x600) Image search: [Google]
02021.png
73 KB, 441x600
do you believe in the saying
"if everyone is overpowered no one is"?
>>
It reads like it was written by a 14-year-old.
>>
Syndrome pls go
>>
>>344750292
Only if they are "overpowered" in different ways.

If they are all overpowered in one way then some will clearly be better than others.
>>
>>344750292
No, but redpill me on it?
>>
>>344750292
Brawl Minus taught me that making everyone overpowered makes a balanced game, and it works
>>
No, because that's a fucking retarded way to make a good game.
>>
>>344751006
have you ever made a game?
>>
>>344750580
>>344750292
Civ V vs Endless Legend multiplayer civ viability is a great example of this in action
Civ V makes everyone play the same basic strategy then gives amazing bonuses to certain civs but not to others
Endless Legend makes everyone run along the same guidelines early and then each unique civ derails hard in a different direction according to their wildly different bonuses
>>
>>344750292

who is this qt
>>
>>344750292

"overpowered" is relative so everything can't be overpowered in the first place
>>
>>344750292
Something can only be overpowered in relation to other things. So if "everyone is overpowered" then that means things are balanced.
>>
if everyone is equally strong, then there is no one stronger than other, therefore nobody is "overpowered"
basically all mmos suffer from this, since every character wears the exact same armor tier, with slightly different stats.
>>
>>344750292
Sayings are not universal rules, but they do hold kernels of truths.

So yes, in general the basic meaning is true.
>>
It means that every character or whatever has game-breaking abilities and don't play it safe.

Playing it safe with every character gives you League of Legends, where every character is basically the same and each's viability depends entirely on the capabilities of the others.

Giving every character ridiculous abilities gives you Dota, where even though some characters are bad, at least they have their niche and can become viable under the right circumstances.
>>
>>344750292
In PVP, yes. Giving everyone a million flashy powers can get boring though.
>>
>>344750292
I don't know but what I do know is that by making everything overpowered you get some fun games.
>>
>>344750292
>Formalwear
>Smoking
I'm so conflicted on whether I find her cute or not
>>
File: 30236_1_xl.jpg (18 KB, 319x480) Image search: [Google]
30236_1_xl.jpg
18 KB, 319x480
The saying cod MW2 mp was built up around.
>>
>>344754485
It could be a lollipop.
>>
do you believe in the saying
"courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality"?
>>
>>344754847
Pick a god and pray!
>>
>>344750292
Is that from the Gunsmith Cats artist?
>>
>>344750292
this is some retarded way of saying everyone is normal and not special at all
>>
File: PDVD_093.png (337 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_093.png
337 KB, 640x478
>>344755272
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.