[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Risky's Revenge was fun if a bit short, but there are a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: shantae.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shantae.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
Risky's Revenge was fun if a bit short, but there are a dozen or so desicions that make everything much more frustrating than it needs to be.

How is Pirate's Curse? Is going back to the original GB game worth it?
>>
Pirate's Curse plays best out of all them to date, so go for it.
The original GBC game is pretty damn clunky, but it stll has its charm, I suppose.
>>
File: tumblr_nswm5a6i6b1s3v3gmo1_1280.png (340 KB, 797x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nswm5a6i6b1s3v3gmo1_1280.png
340 KB, 797x1000
>>344748310

Pirate's Curse is generally agreed to be the best out of the three currently out. Abilities are more "traditional" due to story reasons and the level design is split up into segregated islands connected by an area select, which cuts down on backtracking significantly.

GBC is a bit cumbersome at first, but still enjoyable.
>>
The original GB game is good, pretty impressive for a GB game, but it does have some odd design choices. For instance, the overworld seems to have been purposefully made so you can't quickly run areas you've previously been through. Unskippable enemies and segments that require you to transform to get past abound. This is made worse by the fact the game will make you run towards one end of the world and then to the other to progress, also the world doesn't really loop like it says in the manual. Well, technically it does but there's a part you can only get past with the very last transformation so it might as well not loop. Also, transforming requires a couple seconds of dancing which gets old fast, specially when you're running over the same area for the hundredth time and just want to get it over with fast. Oh, and warp squids have to be unlocked by getting missable collectibles instead of being automatically unlocked when you get to them.
>>
Pirate's Curse is cool and all but I found it to be kinda short unless you're interested in speedrunning and no damage on bosses the whole thing.

I hope the next game gives us more bang for our bucks.
>>
>>344748310
Are there any sidequests at all? There were a few times when I went out to explore, and found some item, expecting it topart of a sidequest, but every single time it turned out I needed it in the main story, which was dumb.
>>
>>344748310
Playing the original GBC game is almost a must, as its amazing how the game even exists. A fucking open world night day cycle metroidvania zeldalike on a fucking GBC. It takes time to get used to the small "fov" but listen, you need a walktrough. Just play it with a walktrough and your fine.

Pirate's Curse is like Risky's Revenge but better in every possible way, perfect sequel. Little longer too.
>>
>>344749981

Not really. I suppose you could count Cacklebat collecting as a sidequest, but you need to do that anyways if you want the actual final boss. There's also the hidden "dungeon" and enemy rush room, but those aren't really sidequests.
>>
>>344750167
first two games are shit. they're trash.
pirate's curse is the only good game in the entire franchise (so far)
>>
File: cute.gif (493 KB, 179x174) Image search: [Google]
cute.gif
493 KB, 179x174
>>344748310
Shantae is cute!
>>
>>344751214

that's not REAL cute
>>
Why does Risky's Revenge get so much hate? People always rate it the lowest and sometimes encourage others to skip it but I really can't remember anything being terrible in it.
>>
>>344751327
fuck you buddy
>>
File: tumblr_oa1d41Gm5o1rka117o1_1280.png (173 KB, 571x549) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa1d41Gm5o1rka117o1_1280.png
173 KB, 571x549
>>344751397

It's short and kinda underwhelming, mainly due to DSiWare restrictions. It doesn't do anything particularly bad, other than relying on backtracking across the map to pad out the game a bit.
>>
>>344751397
>>344751704
Did they ever get around to releasing the director's cut version on 3DS?
>>
File: tumblr_o8xei8ZyyE1rx4viwo1_1280.png (653 KB, 796x838) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8xei8ZyyE1rx4viwo1_1280.png
653 KB, 796x838
>>344751951

Apparently they ran into some issues with porting it back to the 3DS. I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.
>>
>>344752207
Welp, that sucks. Never mind.
>>
>>344751062
They are being far from shit but yeah, PC is the best of them no doubt.
>>
File: 1465256530501.png (135 KB, 307x295) Image search: [Google]
1465256530501.png
135 KB, 307x295
>>344752283

They insist that they're still working on it. For all we know, it could be out next week going by their history of releasing stuff with little to no heads-up time.

Case in point.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.